Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tara3583
    I voted for "In the Line of Duty" as first choice. Lots of character development for Sam in this one, Amanda showed Jolinaar as haulty aloof but not brutal, she came across as a desperite freedom fighter that was sorry that she had to take Sam along with her.

The sceenes in the infirmary when Sam came round and said that Jolinar had gave her life for her was very intense and tptb did good imho
    in following that up with Cassie gently touching her arm and forcing Sam to turn round and look at her, Sam looked so lost and so devestated that it was heartbreaking to watch.

I also voted for "The Tok'ra 1&2 as this set up
    the wonderful relationship with Sam and her father and Martouf.
    I voted for In the Line of Duty, Tok'ra 1 AND 2, and Matter of Time. Yes, I voted for four eps, but I consider the Tok'ra eps as one item.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      I'm curious as to what you all think of the "Mother of All Contests" that MGM is running. In case you haven't seen it, you guess the date/time of birth and gender of Amanda's baby, for a chance to win Stargate related items.

I assume they have Amanda's permission to run the contest, but I admit, my reaction is mixed. It seems a little exploitive, but I guess she's ok with it, and it is up to her.

Anyway, I respect your opinions, so I wondered what you think.

NC
      I'm fine with it. In fact, I've already voted. I assumed immediately that Amanda gave her permission. I feel this is in celebration of the joyous event coming up for her.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        I just realized another post that dissapeared into the Void when GW went down...

one of my fan fics got NOMINATED FOR AN AWARD IN THE SJFA'S!!!!!! EEEEEH!!!!! I just only started posting my fics (after what, 6 years buliding up the nerve?) and the VERY first one I ever posted, it's been nominated!!!!! for "Most Outstanding Humour" award. (SJFA means Sam/Jack Fan Fiction Awards, if any of you don't know) and i'm SOOO proud that someone actually took the time to nominate me! *blushes self conciously* Actualy now when I read it over I wish I could change a bunch of it, but oh well, it got nominated!

I would be incredibly honoured/appreciative/grateful if any of you would be so interested as to read the story, and, maybe even VOTE for it! (shameless self promotion )

My great whopping TWO stories are on my website here: http://www.geocities.com/popcornsamo/P3X-717.html

more will be coming soon! (hint review them and sign my guestbook!!! )
        Congrats! I loved that story when I read it months ago, but never realized it was yours until tonight! How do we vote for you?!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i'm sure it's meant in good fun, but i do think it was a little tasteless. Mother of all contests????

wow, can i have some crackers with that cheese???

i did enter though

as to my s2 eps, well ITLOD was an obvious one, and tok'ra, and then Show and Tell

what i loved about that one, while it may have been a jack episode, we still got some sam and dad, and, i'd like to think, the first time dad really gets to see sam at work. she just loves to blow things up.

if i could have voted for another one, it would have been serpents song. i like the confrontation sam has with apophis, and dealing with jolinar...and the support she got from the guys when she did it
          If I'd had been able to vote for more, I'd have picked Serpents Song and Secrets. I'd say Spirits, too, because we got to see Sam in charge for the first time. It was taken away from her at the end, though, when they changed focus from Sam to Jack. That still ticks me off, because the Indian leader (Tonane) was relating to Sam the most, and then all of a sudden it was Jack. I know the reasons (RDA's daughter was born, they gave Jack's lines and focus to Sam, and then RDA returned), but they should have kept the focus regarding Sam and Tonane the same because it seemed so odd that Jack was suddenly 'the man' to Tonane. Continuity, ppl.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Kudos to our very own brilliant writers: Major Sam and Sky Diver!

Today the Fanfic Awards ... Tomorrow the Pulitzer!

Please point us to the right links where we can read all the nominated stories and vote for you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

<snipped>

BTW, only 2% of women give birth on their due dates, so I chose March 18 at 9:20am And I'm voting for a little girl! Sally and I feel the same about this: AT works in a world of men, and grew up with three brothers. Having a little "Samantha" would be a new experience for her!
              I chose March 15th, at 7:15pm. And a girl!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                If I'd had been able to vote for more, I'd have picked Serpents Song and Secrets. I'd say Spirits, too, because we got to see Sam in charge for the first time. It was taken away from her at the end, though, when they changed focus from Sam to Jack. That still ticks me off, because the Indian leader (Tonane) was relating to Sam the most, and then all of a sudden it was Jack. I know the reasons (RDA's daughter was born, they gave Jack's lines and focus to Sam, and then RDA returned), but they should have kept the focus regarding Sam and Tonane the same because it seemed so odd that Jack was suddenly 'the man' to Tonane. Continuity, ppl.

Sally
                Never knew that and, yes, they should have kept the dynamic going between Sam and Tonane (who was a fun character, wasn't he?!) ... never did like the creepy aliens though - it was easier to see them as the animals and birds of the forest.

Comment

BTW, I'm confused ... did I miss something when the GW went down? I searched for the second-season poll but can't find it. Are we just saying here on this thread what our favorites are and not going on to another thread?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    BTW, I'm confused ... did I miss something when the GW went down? I searched for the second-season poll but can't find it. Are we just saying here on this thread what our favorites are and not going on to another thread?
                    Try this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8372

Comment

I chose March 15th, at 7:15pm. And a girl!

Sally
                      LOL Did I tell you that's my own birthday?! And her official due date! (I'm secretly hoping that she is one of the 2% and it is a little girl!)

Comment

http://isis.sholvah.org/index.php?vote

is the isis awards

there are a lot of minor pairing fic nommed
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i picked march 12

not all first babies are late
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I voted for In the Line of Duty, Tok'ra 1 AND 2, and Matter of Time. Yes, I voted for four eps, but I consider the Tok'ra eps as one item. Sally
                            Did it count all four of your votes? (You can tell by bringing the poll up and the episode titles of the ones that it counted from you are in italics).

I agree - I think Tokra 1 & 2 should be lumped together, and I think if that the Tokra episode would have as many votes as ITLOD if the two parts were combined...difficult to know how many people voted for either part 1 or 2, or for both 1&2... I wanted to vote for both, but chose part 1 so that I could also vote for A Matter of Time.

I chose part 1 over part 2 because of one of the most memorable scenes, for me, from the entire Stargate series is where Sam and Martouf talk on the sand dunes.

Comment

If I'd had been able to vote for more, I'd have picked Serpents Song and Secrets. I'd say Spirits, too, because we got to see Sam in charge for the first time. It was taken away from her at the end, though, when they changed focus from Sam to Jack. That still ticks me off, because the Indian leader (Tonane) was relating to Sam the most, and then all of a sudden it was Jack. I know the reasons (RDA's daughter was born, they gave Jack's lines and focus to Sam, and then RDA returned), but they should have kept the focus regarding Sam and Tonane the same because it seemed so odd that Jack was suddenly 'the man' to Tonane. Continuity, ppl. Sally
                              I agree with you MajorSal -- I felt the same way about the flow and focus of that show - but I didn't know the backstory about why it was written that way... I guess we should be grateful that RDA's daughter was born and Carter got the rewritten lines, and the temporary command.... otherwise, Carter's role probably would have been relatively minor as there was little tech for her to figure out in that episode.

Along similar lines, I've often wondered about Nemesis and Small Victories -- where they rewrote things because MS had his appendix out. Was Daniel originally supposed to go with Thor (instead of Carter)? Sam's role in those eps were great... blowing up the replicator ships by blowing up 'The O'Neill'... hugging Thor, 'I Like the Yellow Ones'. I wonder what Carter's role would have been if MS hadn't had his appendix out?

Comment

After reading ppl's replies about the Sam/Janet friendship, I want to say how much I MISS Janet! Their rapport was so natural and real feeling, and I know the two actresses really liked each other.

What I don't understand (spoilers for s7's Heroes pt 2)
                                Spoiler:
                                is why Janet's never been mentioned since her demise? If I were even half the Janet fan as I am Sam's, I'd be furious about her literal disappearance from everyone's minds and hearts. This character's been on the show since the fourth episode; doesn't that warrant at least a bloody mention that they miss her? I just really don't understand this.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X