Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Here’s another side of versatile Amanda we haven’t discussed very often.

Ahh, the duties of The Director. It looks like she’s enjoying this new experience.

Great photoshopping, Samfan!
    What a great pic of AT - and love the smile!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Anyone familiar with the Myers-Briggs and Keirsey personality/temperment descriptions based on Jungian psychological types? (Okay, besides Lida...)

http://www.typelogic.com/
      http://keirsey.com/

Sam is a very good example of an INTJ (and goes on to give complete profile).
      Strix, wow ... look at you ... we may have to call you Royal Shrink (in addition to Lida of course who actually does this for a living).

The Jester is an ENFP ... can you tell?!
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 18 May 2005, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Thanks!!! As usual, one of Samandans has come through. But then, you all always do.

And as usual, reading your posts has been great, informative, and just plain fun. I feel so inadequate though. You know sooooo much, and have such great insight, I have to admit to being a bit intimidated. But I'll work on getting some backbone, like Sam, and start posting.

Lida, sorry this is so late in coming ... but it's great to have you here and I'm LOL ... "inadequate"?! We must change that self-impression immediately, "doctor"! Now that you have revealed your profession (and blown me away) ... may I offer the following Royal Position to you:

Royal Physician and Counselor

Oh yea, what say? Anyone wish to second the nomination?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          OK, someone may have already asked, but what is IT? I'm pretty sure that you've said it in a post long ago... but my poor old grey matter lost track of those memory engrams... I Technology? Something to do with computers?
          If not yet answered, IT = Information Technology, LOL, something you're a natural at!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Gate
            Hi Sally & Fellow Amanda/Sam Fans,

First of all, even though I mostly lurk anyway, I must hang my head in shame and confess that I life & time has not allowed to keep up with this thread as I would have liked. Which is crazy really because I love Amanda, and Sam is my favorite character and the only reason I'll be watching Season 9 at this point.

When SG first began I took an instant liking to the character of Sam and found something appealing about Amanda. It's one thing to like someone superficially though. For me to truly admire a person, I have to believe that the person is nice and has a good heart. After reading some interviews and hearing little stories here & there, I truly came to admire & love (platonically of course) Amanda.

I have a little story which shows the kind of person she is. It was during Gatecon 2001. Amanda was not scheduled to attend because the con happened to fall on the weekend Amanda was celebrating her wedding anniversary. While I was already greatly disappointed by that fact,
            9/11 happened. Although it was only a week & a half after 9/11, I went to the con anyway. Being a New Yorker, I was feeling totally down and devasted. Well, lo and behold! Who do you think made a surprise visit
            to the con on the Saturday morning? YEP! Amanda actually came and spoke on stage for a little while while she was on her way to the airport to celebrate her anniversary! Let's face it. She did not have to do that.
            While being at the con was generally a good thing because it allowed me to forget for a little while, it was Amanda's caring visit which brought real joy and brightness to my dark heart.

I think that was really great of her to do that for her fans, and I will NEVER forget that.

Toni
            Great story which just adds to the admiration! Amanda just seems to leave an "oh wow" impression on everyone she meets! What's not to like? Beauty and brains and wit and a genuine interest in others which leaves a lasting imprint.

She seems to enter a room and spread her fairy dust around and dazzle everyone, and the glow remains when she leaves.

Hope to meet her at GABIT in London one day - really looking forward to that.

And, Toni, good to have you here ... there's always room for one more!
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 18 May 2005, 03:35 AM.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY B-DAY OH ROYAL PAGE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Comment

Originally posted by T-Gate
                I have a little story which shows the kind of person she is. It was during Gatecon 2001. Amanda was not scheduled to attend because the con happened to fall on the weekend Amanda was celebrating her wedding anniversary. While I was already greatly disappointed by that fact,
                9/11 happened. Although it was only a week & a half after 9/11, I went to the con anyway. Being a New Yorker, I was feeling totally down and devasted. Well, lo and behold! Who do you think made a surprise visit
                to the con on the Saturday morning? YEP! Amanda actually came and spoke on stage for a little while while she was on her way to the airport to celebrate her anniversary! Let's face it. She did not have to do that.
                While being at the con was generally a good thing because it allowed me to forget for a little while, it was Amanda's caring visit which brought real joy and brightness to my dark heart.

I think that was really great of her to do that for her fans, and I will NEVER forget that.

Toni
                welcome t-gate.

i was at gatecon 2001 too. boy was it interesting to fly a week post 911.

but, i gotta say, it was oddly nice in the fact that i didn't have much experience flying and it was nice to navigate denver, ohare and sea-tac when they were notoriously uncrowded and empty

and yes, it struck me too that she would come, literally on her way to the airport, just to talk because she knew folks were disappointed that she'd bowed out

her anniversary is why the con in 2002 moved a week earlier
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  I came across this website a while ago, that someone put up their opinions on what each SG-1 member's Myer-Briggs personality would be.
                  They came out with a ENTJ for Sam, but I dunno about that. I think as Sam as more introverted than extroverted and INTJ would seem a better choice to me, but still an interesting look at the characters.
                  That is an interesting website! As you say, I see Sam as more of an introvert, and they have her as a P, but I think she's way too organized for that. She works well to deadlines, is extremely punctual, dots her I's, crosses her T's, doesn't seem to have any trouble functioning in a military hierarchy...

My LJ

Comment

i think most of sam's social skills came from teh necessary socializing that her job at the pentagon required. i don't see her as an extrovert either. in fact, she seems to hate when anyone really pays attention to her if she's not telling them something.

such as, during a briefing, sure she wants to be listened to, but she's not comfortable if someone watches her or pays attention to her as a person.

i think that's part of why sam is so much into 'i'm fine'...she doesn't like being the center of attention
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That is an interesting website! As you say, I see Sam as more of an introvert, and they have her as a P, but I think she's way too organized for that. She works well to deadlines, is extremely punctual, dots her I's, crosses her T's, doesn't seem to have any trouble functioning in a military hierarchy...
                      AD and Strix, I agree, think her profile would come out as INTJ also.

BTW, Daniel and I are buddies! (Give or take a few degrees off on the I/E indicator)
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 18 May 2005, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Sam definitly feels more comfortable in a structured environment. I also see her as a introvert, very self confident in her intellectual skill, not so confident in her social skills.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          AD and Strix, I agree, think her profile would come out as INTJ also.

BTW, Daniel and I are buddies! (Give or take a few degrees off on the I/E indicator)
                          I'm an INFJ with strong P tendencies. I always joke that I like organized chaos. Okay, so I usually have piles on my desk... but they're very neatly organized piles.

But Daniel is a very easy character for me to understand. Sam, too, because I have so many NT friends and family members (scientists, engineers and computer geeks)...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Absolutely beautiful, although I can feel my hay-fever coming on just looking at the picture!!!

1s4S
                            I hear ya... I had to get out my Allegra just to work on the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              The Jester is an ENFP ... can you tell?!
                              Chopin, I was thinking about that last night after reading Strix's post... The Jester would *have* to be EF&P... Can you imagine an INTJ as a Royal Jester?... nope, that wouldn't work! And your wonderful humor and wit and way with the literary word - and especially your poetry... yup, you're F&P! Thanks so much for being you - and for posting on this thread with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                                Sam definitly feels more comfortable in a structured environment. I also see her as a introvert, very self confident in her intellectual skill, not so confident in her social skills.
                                I agree 100%. I have "used" those personality profiles, and believe me, they are NOT accurate in many cases. Whoever analyzed Sam, did it with pre-judgement, a definite no no.

Sorry, just my opinion.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X