Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i missed it certainly

and a note guys, i'm going to put up the s2 sam poll and leave the s1 one up through the weekend because of the outage

you may want to check and see if your votes are still there. gateworld forum was restored through a back up made on monday, so if you voted after that, your vote may have been lost
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      yes, me! I missed this thread. At first I thought I only missed Gateworld, but then I realised it was really this thread I was missing most. Yay for it being back!

But now I am currntly not reading your posts because I've heard Reckoning is really good and I don't want to spoil any of it for myself. And we've only just had Full Alert here.

By the way, did we lose some of the last posts here when Gateworld went down? There were a few that I read just before it went down, and they don't seem to be here anymore? Just wondering if I'm delusional.
      Yes, I missed this thread too!!!

I think we did lose several posts. I remember looking forward to reading MajorSam's posts about her survival training -- I didn't get a chance to read them and then GW went down. So, MajorSam--can you let us know how your training went?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i missed it certainly

and a note guys, i'm going to put up the s2 sam poll and leave the s1 one up through the weekend because of the outage

you may want to check and see if your votes are still there. gateworld forum was restored through a back up made on monday, so if you voted after that, your vote may have been lost
        Thanks, Skydiver, for taking care of s1 poll and giving us the s2 sam poll!

Comment

How about sharing your favorite Sam and Janet scenes?

I don’t think we’ve talked much about Janet on this thread, but one of the things I like about SG1 is that they showed us a real friendship between Sam and Janet. It was a friendship that was allowed to develop over the course of the show, not just inserted as a plot device, and then forgotten; or worse, exploited to further a plot.

There weren’t nearly enough of them, but I’ll start with an easy one, the birthday cake scene in Rite of Passage. The interaction between Sam and Janet, and with Cassandra, hit just the right notes. There was an easy camaraderie between them that didn’t feel forced. The scene was humorous, but also demonstrated how much they both cared for Cassie, in spite of the adolescent attitude. It was very well written and very well-acted. Just watch Amanda and Teryl's faces during the scene. Their reactions are excellent!

“Janet:
          Fine! Invite him in. I'm sure he'd like to have a piece of birthday cake that Sam went to all the trouble to bake.
          Sam:
          (softly, under her breath to Janet)
          Buy.
          Janet:
          Bring!”

NC

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

By the way, did we lose some of the last posts here when Gateworld went down? There were a few that I read just before it went down, and they don't seem to be here anymore? Just wondering if I'm delusional.
            yes, we did. the last backup was done sometime monday, gw went down, was it mon or tue???? anyway, anything posted after the back up and before the outage is gone.

poll votes may be gone, posts, fic (BTW, the fanfic uploader still is not working)

sigpic

Comment

i like the sam/janet angle in ascension. Janet is concerned, and from sam's tone, i'm thinking that janet has been harping on her a bit about working too hard and the such

there was such wonderful tension between them

i really wish they'd have left a scene in ascension that they cut out

the scene was, after sam's psych eval, she was in her lab, but not cleared for duty, janet comes in and talks to her and mentions that sam's been cleared...but everyone forgot to tell her that she'd been cleared.

that little bit of betrayal is what adds to sam's readiness to keep orlin a secret

sigpic

Comment

i like the sam/janet angle in ascension. Janet is concerned, and from sam's tone, i'm thinking that janet has been harping on her a bit about working too hard and the such

there was such wonderful tension between them

i really wish they'd have left a scene in ascension that they cut out

the scene was, after sam's psych eval, she was in her lab, but not cleared for duty, janet comes in and talks to her and mentions that sam's been cleared...but everyone forgot to tell her that she'd been cleared.

that little bit of betrayal is what adds to sam's readiness to keep orlin a secret

I've heard about that scene too, and I think I read or heard somewhere that Amanda really wanted to keep that scene, just for the reason that you mentioned. It was a much better way of showing Sam's motivation in the rest of the episode.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

And it would be kinda cute if she had a girl! Amanda's so at home in the world of men that this would bring a new challenge. Wonder if she would even consider Samantha as a baby name?!
                  My thoughts exactly. And I could just imagine her daughter at some future date seeing an ep of Sg1 and hearing the name Sam being used for her Mom... "Momma, they're saying my name!"

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's 'it's good to be king'

Sam was in command! They actually showed her being in command! On that alone, I loved it!

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Well it's nice to see that GW is back up. I've spent the past two days watching audio commentaries. I love hearing all the cool tidbits the producers and directors give in these. I really wish they would finally release a bloopers video. It would be a blast to watch, and definitely worth the extra money to see it.

In the Rites of Passage commentary, Peter Deluise says that during the briefing room scene, where O’Neill is talking about magnets, there was like five minutes of AT just weeping with laughter before they finally got the scene taped.

I think it would be funny to hear about all the different adlib lines that were added into different episodes as well. My son and I like to go through the episodes and try to find places where we think lines have been an adlib based upon the reactions of the other characters. Like at the beginning of Demon’s, judging from AT’s reaction, we think that RDA’s Dr. Evil little pinkie pose may have been one.

AT has such an infectious smile that I truly love watching scenes like these.

Comment

threads/reckoning spoilers
                        Spoiler:

and then some. especially after sam's 'god' cracks...up next, walking on water...and i'm willing to bet that that .76 is why jacob is ill. he was too close and is sick/dying
                        I don't
                        Spoiler:
                        understand what you mean by that being why Jacob is ill???

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          How about sharing your favorite Sam and Janet scenes?

I don’t think we’ve talked much about Janet on this thread, but one of the things I like about SG1 is that they showed us a real friendship between Sam and Janet. It was a friendship that was allowed to develop over the course of the show, not just inserted as a plot device, and then forgotten; or worse, exploited to further a plot.

There weren’t nearly enough of them, but I’ll start with an easy one, the birthday cake scene in Rite of Passage. The interaction between Sam and Janet, and with Cassandra, hit just the right notes. There was an easy camaraderie between them that didn’t feel forced. The scene was humorous, but also demonstrated how much they both cared for Cassie, in spite of the adolescent attitude. It was very well written and very well-acted. Just watch Amanda and Teryl's faces during the scene. Their reactions are excellent!

“Janet:
                          Fine! Invite him in. I'm sure he'd like to have a piece of birthday cake that Sam went to all the trouble to bake.
                          Sam:
                          (softly, under her breath to Janet)
                          Buy.
                          Janet:
                          Bring!”

NC

Gold. It's pure gold.

Comment

I voted for "In the Line of Duty" as first choice. Lots of character development for Sam in this one, Amanda showed Jolinaar as haulty aloof but not brutal, she came across as a desperite freedom fighter that was sorry that she had to take Sam along with her.

The sceenes in the infirmary when Sam came round and said that Jolinar had gave her life for her was very intense and tptb did good imho
                            in following that up with Cassie gently touching her arm and forcing Sam to turn round and look at her, Sam looked so lost and so devestated that it was heartbreaking to watch.

I also voted for "The Tok'ra 1&2 as this set up
                            the wonderful relationship with Sam and her father and Martouf.
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Hehe, gotta vote for 'Matter of Time'. Not only does Sam save the world from being drawn into a black hole, but she also succesfully explains gate physics to Hammond with a Donut!

Comment

I loved Sam and Janets relationship too. I loved their interaction with each other and how Cassandra kind of linked them together. Most of Sams interaction was with the guys so it was really wonderful to see the friendship between Sam and Janet and it was really refreshing to see the banter they shared and just any snippets of the friendship that they had. The two actresses work really well together and the characters complimented each other so well.

I voted for Singularity as Sams best episode in season 1. I loved it because we got to see the more vulnerable and maternal side of Sam which we hadn't seen that much early on in the shows run. I loved her interaction with Cassandra. It was lovely to see such a contrasting side to Scientist and Soldier Sam and to see Sam struggling so hard with the militarys pov that she shouldn't get so involved and her own desire to take care of the little girl. This episode is still one of my favourites.

Lucy x

Comment

Working...
                                X