Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Jack: Ok campers...keep alert.
    We don't want any hostiles sneaking up on us.

Everyone: Yes, sir.

Jack: We're not hear to make friends, Daniel. We've already seen what these guys will do with any signs of weakness. Keep your mean face up at all times. Got it?

Daniel: Got it Jack. Think mean.

Jack: Carter, does Daniel have on his mean face?

Daniel: *Grrrrrr*

Sam: (grinning) Yes, sir.

Comment

oooooh, I am three quarters of the way through astrogeologist's fanfic 'Nine'. But I must. make. myself. go. to. bed. now.
      I'll be continuing tomorrow!
      So much fun though. What a fantastic idea to write about a young Sam. So original, and in that sense, it's amazingly fresh to read, nothing about it is an average SG1 mission. Nine year old Sam is just how I would imagine her to be, if I had ever really bothered to try imagining her! I am really enjoying this so far.

One last note for the night, I have every page of this thead saved to my hardisk. I've saved each page as an MHTML (*.mht) web archive file, so the whole folder of 366 pages comes to 608 MB. This would fit onto a 700 MB cd if you'de like me to burn one?
      Last edited by deepspace; 16 May 2005, 07:00 AM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I don't read fanfic as much as I used to, but 'Nine' is v.good BTW!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Hey I had a fun dream I'd like to share...I was in this house and it was dark...almost as though it were haunted...and in the middle of the room was a chamber with someone being held hostage inside (kind of like from Resurrection) but it had a chute down the middle of it. The chamber was being guarded by someone. At first, I thought my role in the dream was to observe the rescue...but I quickly learned that I was to play an integral role.

This is when it got interesting...Teal'c showed up and gave me my cue as we helped the poor hostage escape and I shielded the hostage from the bad guy with my body...

It was then that I realized that I was SAM! I think Teal'c even addressed me that way (but hey, it was a dream and I'm a little fuzzy on the details).

Now I've had SG-1 dreams before...usually I'm a nobody who either observes or supports something that SG-1 and Carter are doing...but this time, I actually WAS SAM CARTER.
          That was fun.

Okay...you may all return to your regularly scheduled Samanda-ing.
          Und, fraulein, ven did you first entertain such delusions of grandeur? Hmm ... ve may have to see you weekly for some talk therapy ... but having you lie down on ze couch just may put you back into ze alternate reality. If zis continues, ve think you should apply for stunt double on ze set.

Last edited by ChopinGal; 16 May 2005, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Nothing fancy here, I was just too darn lazy to load all nine photos separately.

Sam and her leather

Bottom right two pics are from same show, the full body pose was just a really bad pic (too dark) so I added the other. Oddly I think this is the same jacket as in the picture above. Sam wearing the same jacket more than once? *gasp*

I have a feeling I'm missing a couple of others but my kid and I had fun trying to remember what episodes she wore leather. He swore she wore leather in Nightwalkers. He even had to pop in the dvd when I argued she only wore leather pants. It's sad what I do for entertainment these days.

Oh by the way, I can't really tell but is Sam wearing leather chaps in the 2nd picture on the bottom?? It looks like it to me if I lighten the picture a lot.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 May 2005, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              oooooh, I am three quarters of the way through astrogeologist's fanfic 'Nine'. But I must. make. myself. go. to. bed. now.
              I'll be continuing tomorrow!
              So much fun though. What a fantastic idea to write about a young Sam. So original, and in that sense, it's amazingly fresh to read, nothing about it is an average SG1 mission. Nine year old Sam is just how I would imagine her to be, if I had ever really bothered to try imagining her! I am really enjoying this so far.

One last note for the night, I have every page of this thead saved to my hardisk. I've saved each page as an MHTML (*.mht) web archive file, so the whole folder of 366 pages comes to 608 MB. This would fit onto a 700 MB cd if you'de like me to burn one?
              "Nine" is a great read and just the perfect fun fic to cheer you up! Astro has quite an imaginative mind.

Wow, about the CD of our thread ... that's quite an accomplishment. I wonder if Astro can make use of that if she hasn't already burned one of her own.

PS I love your photo manip - it's very artistic and fits Carter perfectly!

Comment

Nothing fancy here, I was just too darn lazy to load all nine photos separately.

Sam and her leather
                Oh yeah ... terrific shots! I remember reading an AT interview where she implied that Sam wouldn't want to wear leather around O'Neill because he would just lose it! Of course, for us shippers, that would be the perfect episode ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Oh yeah ... terrific shots! I remember reading an AT interview where she implied that Sam wouldn't want to wear leather around O'Neill because he would just lose it! Of course, for us shippers, that would be the perfect episode ...
                  ROFL, so true!!

I love this picture from Space Race. Sam is walking up the stairs in her leather outfit and the SF is totally checking her out.

Comment

Aw man, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I had to go look through the spoiler pages.

Well this blows my dreams all to hell ... Excalibur
                    Wow, he has a big ....
                    Spoiler:
                    sword
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Wow, he has a big ....
                      Spoiler:
                      sword
                      LOL....

Warning: Season 9 spoiler
                      http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/901_07.shtml

Teal'c: (whispering to Daniel) What was it that Colonel Carter said about men over-compensating?

Edited: Due to the fact that I may have been a bit too suggestive.
                      Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Kat
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 May 2005, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i am going to do something, just have to think it up and then putter wtih it at work (i have photoshop at home but my work puter is better)
                        Sounds wonderful!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        this is a great project astro

you know, you might want to look into taking it to someplace like kinkos or the like. i have no idea how much it costs, and printing it in color might be way too expensive, but it might be easier on you. and i'm willing to bet that other residents of Samanda would like to chip in and help
                        My home printer is color - and I have checked the quality of some of the pages, and I think they look pretty good. (My printer is just *slow* ). And I am going to take it to Kinko's or some such to get it bound... I have things bound all the time at work (and that's easy), but I haven't done anything personal since my graduate thesis (and that was in a different town)... so I'm not sure what the commercial options are around here where I live now, but I'm sure that it shouldn't be too hard to find. Thanks for the offer to help with the cost - I'm thinking that I'll be able to handle it, but if it turns out to be more expensive that I expected, I'll let folks know.

Oh - and I have to apologize to anyone who tried to send me a PM last night or this morning - my GW PM mailbox was full. Two PMs did get through (one from Strix and one from 1speed4sam). I have since deleted some old PMs, so there is now room for some new ones. If it happens again, and you are trying to send me a PM (especially if it's for the Sam/AT Collection), please send me an email ([email protected] - or you can access it by right-clicking on my name at the top of one of my posts).

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          I was told I need a royal name......I need help!!!! any suggestions?
                          That's ok, I don't have a royal name either. No ideas come to mind. I'm open to suggestions...

Comment

And with this in mind, as a member of the Royal Samandan Court, I would like to propose an additional title for Coley...[B]
                            Perfect. She can be a decoy when AT needs to get away from her fans. Not *us* of course.

Comment

Hey I had a fun dream I'd like to share...I was in this house and it was dark...almost as though it were haunted...and in the middle of the room was a chamber with someone being held hostage inside (kind of like from Resurrection) but it had a chute down the middle of it. The chamber was being guarded by someone. At first, I thought my role in the dream was to observe the rescue...but I quickly learned that I was to play an integral role.

This is when it got interesting...Teal'c showed up and gave me my cue as we helped the poor hostage escape and I shielded the hostage from the bad guy with my body...
                              Ok--I know I'm spending too much time here and watching my DVDs. I had a dream the other night that was a cross between my work & SG1.

Comment

Oh yeah...course I do... BTW, there are lots of links in there (like to audios and to other online items)...which of course won't translate to print. ...and some of the pictures didn't download, btw...
                                Good observation about the links, Uber. To get the stuff into the collection, I just downloaded the posts from the web and didn't edit anything out - I just reformatted things so they would look OK on standard 8.5x11" paper. I thought about taking out the links...but then thought that leaving them in showed a more complete picture of what we've done on the thread. AT can logon to the thread to check out the links if she wants to, but even if she doesn't, at least she'll know that folks posted audio links and other pics and such. I was also mulling over the idea of including a CD-ROM with the entire Collection document file on it... that way, she could open that file - and the links are actually active (even though it's a Word document).

And, yeah, I noticed that some of the pics didn't upload with the file when I loaded it onto my webspace. And I have no idea why! The pics show fine in my Word file - and when I print pages from it. I decided not to worry about the few missing pics in the uploaded file for now - I was just trying to give folks a look at what I have so far.

Also, I notice that many of my vast contributions to the SaGC Thread have been completely ignored... *cough* the 3 posts about what I love about Sam/my 2001 breakdown/my Singularity analysis *cough*

And then I also realized that I hadn't posted much regarding some of my favorite eps...but I did post some pretty good stuff about Foothold, IGTBK, Grace and Gemini *cough* also ignored *cough*...
                                So far all I've downloaded are the Season by Season Poll Results, Summary Comment posts and then some of the screen cap posts that I made for select episodes.... I have my longer screen cap posts indexed in a separate web file, so I can easily refer back to them.

If you, or anyone else, has the post#'s of some other earlier posts (with or without screen caps) that you'd like included, please send me a link to the thread page and/or the post # so that I can download them. I didn't mean to ignore any of the wonderful stuff that anyone has done (or posted), I just don't have an easy way to go back and find it all... we've done *so much* wonderfully constructive things on this thread!
                                Wow. I'm in a whiny little mood, aren't I? Perhaps I'm still stinging from my abrupt demotion from System Lord to practically a Primtah (okay...I am a serious threat...) or...maybe I just need a jello fix... Got any on hand?
                                You've mentioned your 'demotion' before... what happened? Did some troll come through and red-rep you for some absurd reason?

I think some of the *special* stock of Royal Blue is in order!

Comment

Working...
                                X