No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just read a lot of the recent posts here and I'm truly blown away. I always thought the threads here that were "devoted" to a single character were mostly stupid posts about "drooling" and lots of pics, period. Boy, was I wrong!

You people are truly amazing and you really care about each other. I still can't get over it. I've always been a Sam fan, for many reasons, but If you'd let me, I'd love to try to join your thread. I'll just lurk for a bit, until I get my "wings".

Thank you for restoring my faith, in a lot of things.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      I know! I was abit confused too until I read that it was actually Coley

I think that the Security Office will be contacting Coley sometime soon, in case we ever need a body double!
      A Royal Body Double - what a great idea. And Coley's athletic, too. This enables her to outrun the press, who visit the kindgom from time to time looking for the Queen. And Coley's versatile, she can manuver on foot or by bike.

Comment

i don't do msn, but if anyone wants to play on aim, i'm skydvr119
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          I've just read a lot of the recent posts here and I'm truly blown away. I always thought the threads here that were "devoted" to a single character were mostly stupid posts about "drooling" and lots of pics, period. Boy, was I wrong!

You people are truly amazing and you really care about each other. I still can't get over it. I've always been a Sam fan, for many reasons, but If you'd let me, I'd love to try to join your thread. I'll just lurk for a bit, until I get my "wings".

You already a member, just by posting and being a great Sam/AT fan! When you think of a good Royal Title for yourself, post it with a note for Chopingal's notice (she's maintaining the Royal Roll Call).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Hmm, anyone know what codex that video uses? It won't work for me, just keeps giving me a codex error.
            Hey, if it does not work, please email me on [email protected] and I'll send you another copy of it. Is .avi fine for you?

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Hey Lida, welcome to Samanda!
              Royal Page of Samanda
              "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Oooooh everyone look at my pretty new sig!!! Kat made it for me, isn't she great?! Thankyou Kat!
                Royal Page of Samanda
                "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

If you're interested, the SaGC Collection is currently here:

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.pdf
                  (warning: this is a very large file - over 7MB - and will take a few minutes to download even if you have broadband internet access)

Right now, it's almost entirely the posts from our Best Carter Episode Polls by Season and our Summary Comments along with some screen cap posts on select episodes each season. It took me *hours and hours and hours* to get the posts downloaded and reformatted so that they will print on 8.5x11" paper.

I'm envisioning that comments and notes to AT will go at the beginning of the collection. Then any artwork/photoshopped-work, poetry or such that is submitted.

I'm also planning to ultimately print this double-sided so that it isn't a foot thick (but double-sided printing depends entirely on my patience with my printer... it doesn't do it automatically - I have to tell it to print the odd pages and then orient the pages correctly (har har har) so that the even pages print right-side up on the back of the odd pages!).

Then I'll take it all somewhere and get it bound.

So... Kat, Uber and others... are you planning to send some of your great artwork/photoshopped work for the collection? Chopingal is going to write a poem, I believe. AgentDark is going to pick a couple of his sig pics?

And folks -- if there are old posts that say what you want to say to AT or about Sam - just point me to the posts (give me a link or a post # or some such).
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 May 2005, 08:56 PM.

Comment

i am going to do something, just have to think it up and then putter wtih it at work (i have photoshop at home but my work puter is better)

this is a great project astro

you know, you might want to look into taking it to someplace like kinkos or the like. i have no idea how much it costs, and printing it in color might be way too expensive, but it might be easier on you. and i'm willing to bet that other residents of Samanda would like to chip in and help
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sky: deep space hon, i think we're all guilty in a way. I know that i've certainly said some unflattering things about people althugh i never try to make them too personal. in other words, sure i don't care for how vala dresses....but i'm not going to criticize claudia's method of dress. there's a difference between criticizing characters and people
                      as to real life, sometimes it sucks. and i wish that i, and i'm sure others as well, wish we were close enough to do something to help. All i can suggest is take things one day at a time and just do the best you can.
                      And trust me, i've been called more names that i can remember. to my sisters, i'm the big fat geek who's an embarrassment to them because i'm not skinny and cool. i'm not up on the latest trends or wear the hippest clothes. Among some of my friends, well the first group of internet 'friends' i had dumped me as soon as they realized that i didn't agree with their opinions about a certain character. since i didn't see things their way, i wsn't worth anything...literally.
                      I've found others and while i don't agree with them totally about things, they accept me as i am and respect my opinions. Don't let your friends or family get you down.

coley: Deepspace lots of hugs and we all think the world of you!

astro: Deepspace! It's wonderful to have you back with us - you were definitely missed! Hope the family problems are lightening a little (or a lot). As for what you experienced on some of the other threads - I completely understand your reaction... I too, have ended up depressed or sad after venturing into some of the other threads - there are quite a few folks who simply post mean, nasty and hurtful comments (I wish they'd find something else to do with their attitudes... (maybe working out at the gym?). We are very lucky to have a group of folks at this thread who tend to stay more even-balanced... with a more positive and constructive outlook. So - Welcome Back!
                      Thankyou all so much. I truly appreciate your kind words of love and support. I don't normally complain and whine about things to people, as I feel like they will think I'm trying to get sympathy, but in this case it as been helpful to be with you all here.
                      In a way I feel like I've stepped through the stargate. I'm currently stuck in the middle, but I think I'm going to make it to the other side, and hopefully there will be a wonderful new planet for me to explore.

jckfan: Welcome back deepspace! This is a cool idea. Hang in there with your home & school situations. It is bound to get better.

astro: This is a wonderful idea, deepspace! I think this pic is perfect for the caption that you created!
                      I'm glad you liked the idea of the Space Race picture for the book. It just struck me as being appropriate.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

When I first saw this I thought it was a picture of Amanda. In a minute or two I realised it wasn't, and then I thought, gee, Coley looks real nice. You are amazingly similar looking to AT, and you failed to mention this to us all before?

dipsofjazz: I actually came up with the title here, but I think this thread is full of wonderful people and I don't mind sharing.
                        oh, so so sorry. Dipsofjazz, Dancer of spaz, they sound so similar, but are so different. This would explain a comment spaz made to me, about not even realising she had the title. I got em mixed up while writing my Lost Elder story. Apologies!

uber: Thank you for the great reviews!
                        I agree with your assessment. As I've mentioned before, I was trying to keep the stories under or around 50 pages because, well, I wasn't sure if people would find my stories interesting enough that I could hold their attention if they were too much longer...
                        However, I have been appropriately chided for this false belief and will release the "director's cut" when the last installment is finished...
                        You're welcome uber, I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I look forward to part three and then the directors cut!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                          Hey Lida, welcome to Samanda!
                          Thank you for your welcome!!!!

I was told I need a royal name......I need help!!!! any suggestions? My real name is Sam, by the way.

(Thank my Dad, he wanted a boy!)
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.doc
                            (warning: this is a very large file - over 21MB - and will take a few minutes to download even if you have broadband internet access)

Right now, it's almost entirely the posts from our Best Carter Episode Polls by Season and our Summary Comments along with some screen cap posts on select episodes each season. It took me *hours and hours and hours* to get the posts downloaded and reformatted so that they will print on 8.5x11" paper.

I'm envisioning that comments and notes to AT will go at the beginning of the collection. Then any artwork/photoshopped-work, poetry or such that is submitted.

I'm also planning to ultimately print this double-sided so that it isn't a foot thick (but double-sided printing depends entirely on my patience with my printer... it doesn't do it automatically - I have to tell it to print the odd pages and then orient the pages correctly (har har har) so that the even pages print right-side up on the back of the odd pages!).

So... Kat, Uber and others... are you planning to send some of your great artwork/photoshopped work for the collection? Chopingal is going to write a poem, I believe. AgentDark is going to pick a couple of his sig pics?

And folks -- if there are old posts that say what you want to say to AT or about Sam - just point me to the posts (give me a link or a post # or some such).
                            LoL, kind of noticed I hadn't sent anything yet eh?? hehe
                            I have no idea what to send in for my contribution, but I'll make sure I send something I promise.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i am going to do something, just have to think it up and then putter wtih it at work (i have photoshop at home but my work puter is better)

this is a great project astro

you know, you might want to look into taking it to someplace like kinkos or the like. i have no idea how much it costs, and printing it in color might be way too expensive, but it might be easier on you. and i'm willing to bet that other residents of Samanda would like to chip in and help
                              I agree with Sky, if things start to skyrocket for the printing AstroG, please do not hesitate in asking us for monetary donations. I'd be more than willing to help out.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCCollectionforAT.doc
                                (warning: this is a very large file - over 21MB - and will take a few minutes to download even if you have broadband internet access)

Oh yeah...course I do... BTW, there are lots of links in there (like to audios and to other online items)...which of course won't translate to print. ...and some of the pictures didn't download, btw...

Also, I notice that many of my vast contributions to the SaGC Thread have been completely ignored... *cough* the 3 posts about what I love about Sam/my 2001 breakdown/my Singularity analysis *cough*

And then I also realized that I hadn't posted much regarding some of my favorite eps...but I did post some pretty good stuff about Foothold, IGTBK, Grace and Gemini *cough* also ignored *cough*...

Wow. I'm in a whiny little mood, aren't I? Perhaps I'm still stinging from my abrupt demotion from System Lord to practically a Primtah (okay...I am a serious threat...) or...maybe I just need a jello fix... Got any on hand?

ON EDIT: I believe this kind of temper tantrum deserves the official seal:

Last edited by Uber; 15 May 2005, 05:22 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X