Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    I thought AD’s suggestion of trying an F-302 version of one of the copter pics was a great idea. So here it is…

F-302 Medium Size (800x600)
    F-302 Large Size (1024x768)
    That! is totally awesome!
    /me saves the pic for new background

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Guess who was seen recently? None other than the Copter Lady!

Sam has been tirelessly fine-tuning, testing, and flying her naquadah enhanced copter. She decided she needed some time off after all her challenging tasks. So, today is a holiday. Sam is having fun and doing what she loves.

Cruising (medium size 640x480

Cruising (large size 1024x768)
      Spectacular - just spectacular!!!
      Thanks, Coley! Glad you liked it.
      Last edited by SamFan31; 15 May 2005, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?
        (anyone else notice how similiar this scene was played out to the one in Foothold)

You know, I've watched this episode like five or six times now and every time I watch it I like it a little bit more. I really love how they wrote Sam in this episode: strong, confident, and snarky.

Unless the writers totally do a number on us and Sam in season nine, by turning Cameron's character into a Jack-wannabe, I really think Sam/AT would do a wonderful job making up some of RDA's lost humour by adding a bit of Jackisms to Sam's character. We all know Sam can use a bit more humor in her life. I also like the idea that with Sam in charge( and even if she isn't ) we don't have to hear her 'Yes, sir'ing so much anymore seeing as she and Mitchell are equals. I think as Sam matures and becomes more comfortable in her own skin and position we'll see a much more laid-back Sam shine through (which is one of the reasons I enjoy this episode because we are starting to see this in Sam).

Normally she buries most of her irritations for people, but McKay and Maybourne both have a wonderful talent of making Sam's true feelings come to the surface. Throughout the entire episode, up until the very last scene, you can totally see Sam's distrust and dislike for Maybourne through her sarcastic tone and facial expressions.

MAYBOURNE: I enjoy long walks.
        CARTER: Right! Long walks, rainy nights, and candlelit dinners. Why are we here, Maybourne?

I also liked how Sam was allowed to tease both Daniel and Jack a bit.

CARTER: Well, I’m guessing it must manifest some sort of energy field that encompasses the entire ship, allowing the traveller to literally fly through time.
        DANIEL: I wonder ... (He reaches out to touch the device but Sam stops him.)
        CARTER: Ah! Let’s not touch anything just yet. I’m kinda fond of this era.

O’NEILL: Nice! Woo-hoo! (He sits down in the pilot’s seat and looks at the control panel.) You’re gonna have to help me out here, Carter. Got any quarters?
        CARTER: Unfortunately I can’t help you with this one, sir, you’re on your own.
        O’NEILL: Fine! How do we know we’re not gonna end up back at the Alamo?
        CARTER: Um, well, for one thing, that was on Earth – but more importantly I’ve separated the time device from the control circuits ... I think.

Here's to a more laid-back, witty, snarky, brilliant, bad-ass, butt-kickin Sam in season 9!!!
        Lovely post Kat - I'm right there with you!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          One of the first things I notice, you guys sent flowers to Amanda . That is so great! It was a lovely idea.
          I think this collaboration book that is being put together is even more fantastic. I would so so love to make some kind of contribution to it, but I fear nothing I do will be worthy of including. Nevertheless, I will have a go at something in the next day or so. Oh woe, what is happening to me, I'm actually considering contributing to something that is going to be sent to a brilliant actress, what am I thinking. Oh deepspace, you turned-into-a-silly-fangirl you.

However, just as an idea, what do people think of maybe putting this picture on the first page. Someone posted it earlier on the thread. Sam looking at her book of Samandan collaborations?

deepspace, so glad to see you back! We've missed you! And, yes, I think you and new Royal Page should get to know each other ... plus you can fill her in on some of the royal personalities and past events. Maybe you both can exchange private emails or something.

In the meantime, thanks for the corrections to the Samandan List (from previous post) - I knew you would be the one to have all the answers to who's who! See?! You offered a valuable service to Samanda already! And the screencap above is a brilliant idea - it really seems to fit as an opening picture for AT's Samandan scrapbook - I hope Astro likes it too. Great idea, thanks!

Dearest little page, please re-read what I've just written and see that you do, indeed, make a difference in the land of Samanda. Learning how to "make a difference" in the RL may be a much harder task ... be patient with yourself ... and always know that there is much more to life than the family you've been born into. They may give you roots but you can then find your wings (like Sam) and fly far and beyond! I wish that for you!

As one of the elders in the Court, I am giving you a homework assignment: you must watch "Sound of Music". Carefully listen to and learn the words of the song, "Confidence in Me", that Maria sings on her way to her new position as housekkeeper for the captain. And, then, you must sing this song once a day - take your daily vitamin and sing the song! At first, you may do it quietly, to yourself, but I do expect that it will start to bubble up and eventually you'll be singing it out loud, especially when family and friends are giving you a rough time. This is known as confidence therapy - do not argue - I am in command!
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 15 May 2005, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie

... *in suitably awed voice* a Royal Page! *sighs* Life is complete...lol yay! *skips away joyfully to acquaint herself with fellow Page and darling twin-to-be Deepspace...*

... And upon finding said twin-to-be, discovers not all is well with her fellow page.

Oh my God...I'm crying. Honestly, I've been sitting here for twenty minutes trying to figure out what to say. I'm not brave or anything, and I'm such a little kid inside and I spend everyday terrified of screwing up or never doing anything with my life.

Just the fact that you have stepped back and looked at your own actions, and when finding something you didn't like stopped doing it - that says a lot to me about the type of person you are. And it speaks to an emotional maturity many people would envy.

As for the family issues, I know it's horrible, yukky, emotionally destroying and very VERY tough. I just hope you have people around you - like us Samandans! - who are willing to support you and be with you.

You've said that you've been called a geek etc, and that you have some self-confidence issues. I think we're scarily alike!

,,, when all this is over (growing up and graduating) you'll find yourself stronger and in better relationships than you were before.

... heightwise, I’m definitely the littlest page – I’m only 156cm! I think that’s just over 5ft, but don’t quote me on it!
            Delightful, just delightful ... the kingdom now has two royal bookends: the littlest Page and the tallest Page ... and I think that they will find some other ways to balance and support each other apart from this thread. I'm hoping so!

Jester (peeking out from around a Samanda street corner and smiling at the kind words of support already being offered back and forth!)
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 15 May 2005, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              okay, here's hoping it's NOT the 8th ep. i thought amanda was only going to miss the first five eps? my season 9 was going to start with ep 6 (where sam/amanda returns), so i'm really, really, really hoping (did i mention really) that Beach Head is number 6. (if it's number 8, then i'll only have 3 eps to watch before the months of waiting for the second half of the season continues).sally
              Sally,

I'm guessing that we're seeing a difference between production order vs. airing order. Darren lists the episodes as he learns of their production and doesn't always know the final airing order.

They're possibly filming out of order so that episodes where Sam isn't "heavy" are being produced before her big "Sam returns to the SGC episode" . I assume that's Beachhead.

AT's pregnancy went longer than expected and that helps give her a little extra time to ease back into things before she has longer hours filming Beachhead.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                Sally,

I'm guessing that we're seeing a difference between production order vs. airing order. Darren lists the episodes as he learns of their production and doesn't always know the final airing order.

They're possibly filming out of order so that episodes where Sam isn't "heavy" are being produced before her big "Sam returns to the SGC episode" . I assume that's Beachhead.

AT's pregnancy went longer than expected and that helps give her a little extra time to ease back into things before she has longer hours filming Beachhead.
                Many thanks for the info Kes!

Comment

RA to the Jester:

HEADTRIP

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    RA to the Jester:

HEADTRIP
                    For Sky's benefit: www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal

Yes, Ma'am ... I've gotten my marching orders and aim to please! Good to see you back up here on the thread and please tell us, as only you can, how Tony's initiation into Stargate episodes went last night!! Oops, for those a bit confused, Tony is 1speed4Sam.

Inquiring minds want to know ... and did Hugo sit between?!

Comment

Just sneaking in to congratulate our mega posters Sky (3600!!!), Astrog (1500!!) and ChopinGal (800!). That’s a lot of typing, and exemplary typing at that. I don’t think I’ll live long enough to even come close to any of these records given the quadrant I reside in on the GW Demographic Survey.

Astrog, thanks for the “Quick-Reference post for the SaGC Thread”. It’s really nice to have so much info in one place. I agree with ChopinGal’s one-stop shopping analogy. Then there’s your list of videos…Keeper of the Flame you most certainly are.

ChopinGal, I always love reading your updates about the citizens of the realm. I’m also impressed with all the qualifications of our new residents. We have such a talented group! The hamlet has grown to a good-sized village.

Thanks to all of you for such a delightful place to come play. If this AU village really existed I’d move there in an instant!
                      And, thank you for the warm words of encouragement and appreciation! Remember, a wise lady once said "It takes a village ..."

Comment

Oh my God...I'm crying. Honestly, I've been sitting here for twenty minutes trying to figure out what to say. I'm not brave or anything, and I'm such a little kid inside and I spend everyday terrified of screwing up or never doing anything with my life.

Just the fact that you have stepped back and looked at your own actions, and when finding something you didn't like stopped doing it - that says a lot to me about the type of person you are. And it speaks to an emotional maturity many people would envy.

As for the family issues, I know it's horrible, yukky, emotionally destroying and very VERY tough. I just hope you have people around you - like us Samandans! - who are willing to support you and be with you.

You've said that you've been called a geek etc, and that you have some self-confidence issues. I think we're scarily alike! Over the past few months I've been called a *****, a self-centered freak and been accused of making things up to get attention - and all this by the people who were supposed to be my 'close group' of friends. There are days when I believe it too, days when I hate everything about myself. But since graduating I've slowly 'ditched' these girls and realised that I've had amazing friends all along, I just never noticed or cared before. And I think, that when all this is over you'll find yourself stronger and in better relationships than you were before.

My birthday is the 18th of May (1987). And heightwise, I’m definitely the littlest page – I’m only 156cm! I think that’s just over 5ft, but don’t quote me on it!
                        Now look who’s crying. Me. Oh Charlie, your post to me was so beautiful. I really have no words…
                        *hugs twin*
                        Do you mind if I send you a PM?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I thought AD’s suggestion of trying an F-302 version of one of the copter pics was a great idea. So here it is, and my goodness, that bird has a HUGE wing span!

F-302 Medium Size (800x600)
                          F-302 Large Size (1024x768)

Wow! That's wonderful SamFan!!

Comment

I’ve just finished reading Uber’s Darker Side of Night and Eclipse. Only the second lot of fanfic that I have ever read! Super work Mary Beth. I’ve posted reviews for you. Keep it up.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Chopingal: deepspace, so glad to see you back! We've missed you! And, yes, I think you and new Royal Page should get to know each other ... plus you can fill her in on some of the royal personalities and past events. Maybe you both can exchange private emails or something.

In the meantime, thanks for the corrections to the Samandan List (from previous post) - I knew you would be the one to have all the answers to who's who! See?! You offered a valuable service to Samanda already! And the screencap above is a brilliant idea - it really seems to fit as an opening picture for AT's Samandan scrapbook - I hope Astro likes it too. Great idea, thanks!

Dearest little page, please re-read what I've just written and see that you do, indeed, make a difference in the land of Samanda. Learning how to "make a difference" in the RL may be a much harder task ... be patient with yourself ... and always know that there is much more to life than the family you've been born into. They may give you roots but you can then find your wings (like Sam) and fly far and beyond! I wish that for you!

As one of the elders in the Court, I am giving you a homework assignment: you must watch "Sound of Music". Carefully listen to and learn the words of the song, "Confidence in Me", that Maria sings on her way to her new position as housekkeeper for the captain. And, then, you must sing this song once a day - take your daily vitamin and sing the song! At first, you may do it quietly, to yourself, but I do expect that it will start to bubble up and eventually you'll be singing it out loud, especially when family and friends are giving you a rough time. This is known as confidence therapy - do not argue - I am in command!

Chopingal: Delightful, just delightful ... the kingdom now has two royal bookends: the littlest Page and the tallest Page ... and I think that they will find some other ways to balance and support each other apart from this thread. I'm hoping so!

Jester (peeking out from around a Samanda street corner and smiling at the kind words of support already being offered back and forth!)
                              Thankyou for your kind words also Chopingal. I have lots to think on about what you've said. I believe for a Jester, you are very wise.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

However, just as an idea, what do people think of maybe putting this picture on the first page. Someone posted it earlier on the thread. Sam looking at her book of Samandan collaborations?
                                Welcome back deepspace! This is a cool idea. Hang in there with your home & school situations. It is bound to get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X