Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Gateworld is currently running a demographics survey - if you haven't 'voted' for yourself, you can do so on the right hand side of GW's main webpage

Because I was interested, I graphed the results so far

And to think I was happy with reaching the "800" landmark today ... but look what Astro has done ...

HAPPY 1500TH POST

Beans and jello and sloe gin fizz!

And what a great post it is ... find yourself in the demographic pool! Another great job, Keeper of the Flame!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Well it looks as if Joe has been answering questions again on his thread. Here is the information I could find that may possibly pertain to Sam.
      It's been reported that agent Barrett will be back in Ex Deus Machina and will be paired with Sam. In previous episodes, Barrett has been shown to have a romantic interest in Sam. Will we be seeing any of that in this episode?

Maybe a little.
      Is this the episode where Sam returns, if not, can you tell us the name of the episode where she does return?

She'll be returning in Beach Head.
      GW has no information on this episode other than the name, and it seems to be the eighth episode on their list. Let's just hope this isn't the real case.

Hmm, according to Webster - beachhead is...
      an area on a hostile shore occupied to secure further landing of troops and supplies

Sounds a bit promising for Sam's return episode if the title means anything.
      Is it official that the Tollans are wiped out, or have some of them survived?
      erik mccoy

Schroedinger survived and was adopted by General Hammond. As for the other Tollan – they’re toast. Until someone comes up with a brilliant Tollan storyline that would require us to revive them.
      Will we be seeing Cassandra and Svetlana Markov in season nine?

No plans to revisit either of them as of yet - although Cassandra will be mentioned in an early season 9 episode.
      Thanks for the info (and quotes), Kat! I greatly appreciate that you posted the Sam-bits over in our thread for us (I tend to get lost in Joe's thread whenever I visit).

PS - and I love Joe's comment about Sam's cat Schroedinger

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        And to think I was happy with reaching the "800" landmark today ... but look what Astro has done ...

HAPPY 1500TH POST

Beans and jello and sloe gin fizz!

And what a great post it is ... find yourself in the demographic pool! Another great job, Keeper of the Flame!
        Thanks - I hadn't even noticed (was lost in the world of excel charts as I played with chart formatting options )

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          actually, it doesn't match the posts of the forum as a whole. i've always seen more females around here than males
          It may be a better reflection of who is watching the show rather than who is posting.

And, speaking of posting, Sky ... you are about to have a landmark post soon yourself. Try to make the

3600th Post

here with us in Samanda!

Comment

It may be a better reflection of who is watching the show rather than who is posting.

And, speaking of posting, Sky ... you are about to have a landmark post soon yourself. Try to make the

3600th Post

here with us in Samanda!

i'm going to. i've been looking or threads to post in. gotta get it done before i go to bed tonight
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              A Quick-Reference post for the SaGC Thread
              (an index to some of the highlights of the Realm of Samanda)

Ultimate Sam Carter Episode Summary Comments:
              Thread page 277, post 5521 , post 5522, post 5523, post 5524 and post 5525
              Great Sam lines and quotes
              SaGC Thread page 167, post 3321
              Sam's CarterCopter Adventures - by Samfan31
              Coley's 'Oh Yea We Say Times' - the Royal Newspaper of the Court of Samanda.
              Index post is on Thread page 334 post 6670 (including the Royal Gala edition)
              The History of the Court of Samanda , by Chopingal: Thread page 351, post 7009
              The Royal Roll Call of the Realm of Samanda, Thread page 349 , post 6973

ForeverSG-1's Royal Court Banner Page ; Thread page 350, post 7045
              The Royal Bean Award List by President MajorSam; Thread page 84, post 1679 (although there have been 'beans' added since this index was posted... such as the 'mottled bean', so there might be a more up-to-date list that I missed in my search)
              A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda Thread page 351, post 7019
              The Lost Elder - A Story of the Kingdom of Samanda by Deepspace
              Part 1 Thread page 154, post #3066
              Part 2 Thread page 311, post #6203
              ForeverSG-1's Sam PhotoGallery

NearlyCircular's Audio Clip Summary List
              Sam Carter Music Video Index Post ; Thread page 357, post 7140
              Astrogeologist's Carter Screen Cap Gallery

Sam Carter/AT Websites
              (this post is updated and revised from my earlier one. In addition, this post is also conveniently at the top of a thread page - which makes it easier for bookmarking and returning to. If anyone has any thread pages/posts that they'd like me to include in this index posting, please post (or PM me) the links to what you want included, and I will edit this post to include your links.)
              Thanks, Astro! This is great - a one-stop-shopping compendium of Samanda and easily accessible! I'm writing the page number down and posting on my fridge!

Comment

3600th Post

here with us in Samanda!
                True Some people might not release there is a poll I didn't until I checked this thread. Proud Voter Now

CONGRATS TO THIS THREAD ON 3600!!!!
                CONGRATS TO ChopinGal ON YOUR 800TH POST!!!!!
                CONGRATS TO Astrogeologist ON YOUR 1500TH POST!!!!!

This calls for a celebration Blue Jello anyone!?!

Comment

And i'll do it with some pimpage

I have 5 fic coming off moritorium at the end of the month - they were all in zines - and 4 of them are very sam centric

Duty and Honor - will sam pay the price for jacob's devotion to duty. This one was spawned from the question of would jacob ever sacrifice sam for the greater good

From Perdition's Flame - based off the idea of 'what if hathor had taken sam with her as a prisoner in Hathor. It's very long and very AU. It was nominated for a FanQ award at Media West last year. (didn't win though)

Natus - part 3 and the final chapter of the Phoenix Trilogy. The first 2 chapters are on my site (link below) and are Fini and Primordium. Be warned, they're end of the world fic and, well there's not a happily ever after to be found

Sacrifice and Betrayal - an AU fic set around Into the Fire and goes on the premise of Hathor getting herself out of that vat of cold stuff and going into....Jack

and of course, sam has to go after him. (slight shippyness, but nothing overt)

sam whumpage and angst abounds

The fifth one, Tentative Gestures, is a jonas fic and explores my version of his past.

I can put them up after Memorial Day but if anyone is interested, they can read the first 2 chapters of Phoenix now (on my site, just go to the alphabetized page)

and with 3600, i'm going to bed

sigpic

Comment

i'm going to. i've been looking or threads to post in. gotta get it done before i go to bed tonight

Drum roll, please ...

CONGRATS SKY ON THE 3600TH POST

AND YOUR UPCOMING FANFIC - CAN'T WAIT TO START READING SOME OF THE NEW STORIES!

The one of Jacob and Sam between love and duty should be a winner!

PS I know you've sworn off on WIPs, but I'm hoping you will read Head Trip because I do intend to finish it ... semester is coming to an end and I'll be able to jump back in very soon - not to worry - please stick with me!
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 14 May 2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Drum roll, please ...

The one of Jacob and Sam between love and duty should be a winner!

PS I know you've sworn off on WIPs, but I'm hoping you will read Head Trip because I do intend to finish it ... semester is coming to an end and I'll be able to jump back in very soon - not to worry - please stick with me!

danke, danke

where is head trip again?

I don't read wip's anymore, but i'll read this one as long as you promise me it won't be in progress forever.

sigpic

Comment

I have 5 fic coming off moritorium at the end of the month - they were all in zines - and 4 of them are very sam centric

Duty and Honor - will sam pay the price for jacob's devotion to duty. This one was spawned from the question of would jacob ever sacrifice sam for the greater good

From Perdition's Flame - based off the idea of 'what if hathor had taken sam with her as a prisoner in Hathor. It's very long and very AU. It was nominated for a FanQ award at Media West last year. (didn't win though)

Natus - part 3 and the final chapter of the Phoenix Trilogy. The first 2 chapters are on my site (link below) and are Fini and Primordium. Be warned, they're end of the world fic and, well there's not a happily ever after to be found

Sacrifice and Betrayal - an AU fic set around Into the Fire and goes on the premise of Hathor getting herself out of that vat of cold stuff and going into....Jack

The fifth one, Tentative Gestures, is a jonas fic and explores my version of his past.

I can put them up after Memorial Day but if anyone is interested, they can read the first 2 chapters of Phoenix now (on my site, just go to the alphabetized page)

Am really looking forward to your fics... but want to read them *now* (stamps foot childishly).
                        Drum roll, please ...

It only *looks* like regular blue jello...
                        it actually comes from the Royal Accountant's special stock...
                        Originally posted by Cassie
                        This calls for a celebration Blue Jello anyone!?!
                        The Blue Jello Bar is now open!

Comment

This is another Sam video by Laurajo that is really good. It's got a few shippy moments in it, but most of it is just Sam being Sam.
                          The Man in Me by LauraJo
                          http://laurajo.net/sg1/videos/maninme.zip

Do It With Madonna
                          This video is not really a Sam video and it is extremely S/J suggestive, but if you can manage to deal with the idea of S/J together for five minutes, it's really quite amusing.
                          http://laurajo.net/sg1/videos/madonna.zip
                          I downloaded these, because the I love the idea of Sam & Jack together!

Comment

OMG yay! Can't wait to read Natus And the others too!

Comment

Just sneaking in to congratulate our mega posters Sky (3600!!!), Astrog (1500!!) and ChopinGal (800!). That’s a lot of typing, and exemplary typing at that. I don’t think I’ll live long enough to even come close to any of these records given the quadrant I reside in on the GW Demographic Survey.

Astrog, thanks for the “Quick-Reference post for the SaGC Thread”. It’s really nice to have so much info in one place. I agree with ChopinGal’s one-stop shopping analogy. Then there’s your list of videos…Keeper of the Flame you most certainly are.

ChopinGal, I always love reading your updates about the citizens of the realm. I’m also impressed with all the qualifications of our new residents. We have such a talented group! The hamlet has grown to a good-sized village.

Thanks to all of you for such a delightful place to come play. If this AU village really existed I’d move there in an instant!

Now, I have to return to working on a little something Agent Dark suggested.
                              Last edited by SamFan31; 14 May 2005, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Well it looks as if Joe has been answering questions again on his thread. Here is the information I could find that may possibly pertain to Sam.

joe mallozzi said - 'She'll be returning in Beach Head'.

GW has no information on this episode other than the name, and it seems to be the eighth episode on their list. Let's just hope this isn't the real case.
                                okay, here's hoping it's NOT the 8th ep. i thought amanda was only going to miss the first five eps? my season 9 was going to start with ep 6 (where sam/amanda returns), so i'm really, really, really hoping (did i mention really) that Beach Head is number 6. (if it's number 8, then i'll only have 3 eps to watch before the months of waiting for the second half of the season continues).

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X