Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Sam: So Ry'ac is getting married in three days huh?
    Daniel: Yep.
    Sam: Got any big plans for the weekend?
    Daniel: Translations...you?
    Sam: Naquadah Generator.
    Daniel: Ah.
    Sam: Pathetic.
    Daniel: Uh-huh.

Jack: Carter, have you been working out lately?
    Sam: Uh...yes sir.
    Jack: I just felt your muscles, didn't I?
    Sam: Yes sir.
    Jack: Thought so. *cough* Very firm. Nice. Carry on.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 May 2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?
      (anyone else notice how similiar this scene was played out to the one in Foothold)

You know, I've watched this episode like five or six times now and every time I watch it I like it a little bit more. I really love how they wrote Sam in this episode: strong, confident, and snarky.

Unless the writers totally do a number on us and Sam in season nine, by turning Cameron's character into a Jack-wannabe, I really think Sam/AT would do a wonderful job making up some of RDA's lost humour by adding a bit of Jackisms to Sam's character. We all know Sam can use a bit more humor in her life. I also like the idea that with Sam in charge( and even if she isn't ) we don't have to hear her 'Yes, sir'ing so much anymore seeing as she and Mitchell are equals. I think as Sam matures and becomes more comfortable in her own skin and position we'll see a much more laid-back Sam shine through (which is one of the reasons I enjoy this episode because we are starting to see this in Sam).

Normally she buries most of her irritations for people, but McKay and Maybourne both have a wonderful talent of making Sam's true feelings come to the surface. Throughout the entire episode, up until the very last scene, you can totally see Sam's distrust and dislike for Maybourne through her sarcastic tone and facial expressions.
      Here's to a more laid-back, witty, snarky, brilliant, bad-ass, butt-kickin Sam in season 9!!!
      Great Post! I did notice the similarities the first time I watched the episode. In fact I almost posted the picture from Foothold with it but decided at the last minute to not do post that picture. I again with you in the hope that when Sam returns we see more of this side of her.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Did anybody else get all the subscriptions wiped out during the latest site crash? [Insert copious profanity here.] Maybe it's a sign.
        And why aren't the damn image tags working? Isn't it bad enough that each page takes five fracking minutes to load even with a high-speed connection? Sheesh! [/rant]
        Last edited by Carterslave; 14 May 2005, 01:06 PM.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          One last post and then I must get to bed I have a long weekend of concerts ahead of me. As I said in my last post I was rewatching It's Good To Be King tonight on SciFi - Well it was cool to see this episode after having been to the set recently -
          Spoiler:
          The standing set from IGTBK has been added on too. It currently is about 3x's larger than it was for this episode. In the pictures below the one with Jack, Sam and Maybourne were they are standing I noticed what loked like it would be a ring transporter - I asked Martin Gero about it and he said "You'll have to wait until the new episode come out for an answer - just wait and see it will be cool" - We then walked up the stairs and as I went by the opening were the burnt orange/brown flag is hanging I noticed a drawing on the ledge so I stopped to take a look - well sure enough it was a drawing of ringing transporter in the courtyard of the set below. One of the things that is really interesting is that this whole set is fake rock - I know it looks real on TV but it looks really good until you get right up to it and touch it or see a small area were it has been damaged.

Great pics, tsaxlady! And thanks for the info about your time on the set - so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye ... if there's anyone about to hear ... methinks I am a voice crying in the wilderness this morning ... but I must post this message as it will become my 800th post ... most of which have been to this thread alone.

Yes, I confess to being an isolationist; however, my heart belongs to Samanda.

Heaven knows, I've tried to broaden my horizons, but have not really seen many welcoming threads where the posters do not take themselves too seriously. My Piscean nature gravitates to peace and calm and is easily disturbed by the negative vibrations felt elsewhere, and, thus, I have made Samanda my royal home.

With deep gratitude and respect to all my fellow citizens who have made my days here a truly pleasurable experience, filled with new Sam knowledge and lively exchanges! It is certainly never boring.

Warmly, Jester
            Congratulations, Chopingal on the mighty 800! And thank you for posting almost all of them here with us at the SaGC - your clever poems and other enlightening words of wisdom are always enjoyed within the Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              OK, so I was trying to find the post (ages ago) where I listed some of the great Sam music videos that I'd found online... but I couldn't find a complete list in one post, so I made a new one (including AgentDark's newest find, as well as a link to a vid that Kat posted awhile back).

Sam Carter Music Videos

>>> A Wonderful Sam Carter video-montage by RocketChick
              http://www.rocketfic.com/clips/from_my_friends_hi.mov
              (you need QuickTime to be able to view the movie)
              Homepage: http://www.rocketfic.com/

>>> 'Not Just Another Pretty Face' by Shima
              http://www.shimatsuno.de/upload/PrettyFace2.wmv
              The official video for Amanda Tapping at the German City Con (last year?)
              First Place Winner of the Stargate 2003 Music Video Awards: Carter category
              http://www.shimatsuno.de/Englisch/e_video.html

>>> 'The Way I Am' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
              http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/thewayiamdownload.htm

>>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes' A wonderful Jacob and Sam video montage:
              http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
              From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

>>> 'Fireman Sam' by LauraJo
              the video: http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/firemansam.zip
              Winner of the Best Episode Category Stargate SG-1 Music Video Awards 2003
              The author's website: http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/character.htm
              'Fireman Sam' was an animated series with 32 episodes "It was first broadcast on the BBC and S4C (the UK's Welsh language broadcaster) in 1986 and it continues to be broadcast on both channels today and has been sold to broadcasters in over 40 countries from Poland to Korea." From tvtome.com

>>> Promotion to Lt. Col.
              http://www.stargate-universe.net/Mus...johndunbar.zip
              Its a little vid honouring Sam's promotion to Lt. Col

>>> 'Accidentally In Love' by Lena and Christina, The Dream Team
              http://www.stargate-dream-team.de/accidentally.htm
              This is a really sweet behind the scenes video of Stargate.
              I really like it because we get to see so many clips of AT just
              being herself and she always seems so happy with a big smile.
              She's definitely someone who enjoys giving hugs as well. (-Kat)

>>> 'Fireman Sam' by LauraJo
              the video: http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/firemansam.zip
              Winner of the Best Episode Category Stargate SG-1 Music Video Awards 2003
              The author's website: http://www.laurajo.net/sg1/videos/character.htm
              'Fireman Sam' was an animated series with 32 episodes "It was first broadcast on the BBC and S4C (the UK's Welsh language broadcaster) in 1986 and it continues to be broadcast on both channels today and has been sold to broadcasters in over 40 countries from Poland to Korea." From tvtome.com

>>> Samantha Carter Music Videos from stargate-universe.net
              http://www.stargate-universe.net/samvideos.htm

>>>'The Stargate SG-1 Music Video Awards Website'
              http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1awards/
              With links to all nominated videos.

>>> 'The Kawoosh Music Video Directory'
              http://www.shortty.co.uk/kawoosh/
              Search on Characters and then on 'Sam' -- there are more than 40 to choose from!
              This is another Sam video by Laurajo that is really good. It's got a few shippy moments in it, but most of it is just Sam being Sam.
              The Man in Me by LauraJo
              http://laurajo.net/sg1/videos/maninme.zip

Do It With Madonna
              This video is not really a Sam video and it is extremely S/J suggestive, but if you can manage to deal with the idea of S/J together for five minutes, it's really quite amusing.
              http://laurajo.net/sg1/videos/madonna.zip
              Thanks for the recs and links, Kat!

Comment

CARTER: Maybourne, what the hell is going on here?
                (anyone else notice how similiar this scene was played out to the one in Foothold)

You know, I've watched this episode like five or six times now and every time I watch it I like it a little bit more. I really love how they wrote Sam in this episode: strong, confident, and snarky.

Unless the writers totally do a number on us and Sam in season nine, by turning Cameron's character into a Jack-wannabe, I really think Sam/AT would do a wonderful job making up some of RDA's lost humour by adding a bit of Jackisms to Sam's character. We all know Sam can use a bit more humor in her life. I also like the idea that with Sam in charge( and even if she isn't ) we don't have to hear her 'Yes, sir'ing so much anymore seeing as she and Mitchell are equals. I think as Sam matures and becomes more comfortable in her own skin and position we'll see a much more laid-back Sam shine through (which is one of the reasons I enjoy this episode because we are starting to see this in Sam).

Normally she buries most of her irritations for people, but McKay and Maybourne both have a wonderful talent of making Sam's true feelings come to the surface. Throughout the entire episode, up until the very last scene, you can totally see Sam's distrust and dislike for Maybourne through her sarcastic tone and facial expressions.

MAYBOURNE: I enjoy long walks.
                CARTER: Right! Long walks, rainy nights, and candlelit dinners. Why are we here, Maybourne?

I also liked how Sam was allowed to tease both Daniel and Jack a bit.

CARTER: Well, I’m guessing it must manifest some sort of energy field that encompasses the entire ship, allowing the traveller to literally fly through time.
                DANIEL: I wonder ... (He reaches out to touch the device but Sam stops him.)
                CARTER: Ah! Let’s not touch anything just yet. I’m kinda fond of this era.

O’NEILL: Nice! Woo-hoo! (He sits down in the pilot’s seat and looks at the control panel.) You’re gonna have to help me out here, Carter. Got any quarters?
                CARTER: Unfortunately I can’t help you with this one, sir, you’re on your own.
                O’NEILL: Fine! How do we know we’re not gonna end up back at the Alamo?
                CARTER: Um, well, for one thing, that was on Earth – but more importantly I’ve separated the time device from the control circuits ... I think.

Here's to a more laid-back, witty, snarky, brilliant, bad-ass, butt-kickin Sam in season 9!!!
                Great post, Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Great post, Kat! No, I never noticed the parallell with the "what the hell are you doing ...?" but, yes, it does seem to be there.

I'm all for her coming into her own and being more assertive and snarky on occasion. I think it's time Sam developed a bit of armor around her to balance out the vulnerabilities and doubts we've been seeing the past two seasons. Both sides of her character are important, but the focus on the softer side of Sam came with a cost, IMHO. There was a lot of Sam bashing going around and it seemed to hurt both the character's development and the actor herself.
                  Great post, Chopin! Have been trying to rep you, Kat, tsaxlady, etc., but I am currently banned from the green jello fridge... so more special blue jello coming your way!

Comment

A Quick-Reference post for the SaGC Thread
                    (an index to some of the highlights of the Realm of Samanda)

Ultimate Sam Carter Episode Summary Comments:
                    Thread page 277, post 5521 , post 5522, post 5523, post 5524 and post 5525
                    (includes links to the Best Carter Episode Polls of Each Season, summary results, SaGC comments, screen caps and links to other posts with screen caps for Sam highlights of select episodes)
                    The SaGC Collection for AT
                    Great Sam lines and quotes
                    SaGC Thread page 167, post 3321
                    Sam's CarterCopter Adventures - by Samfan31
                    Coley's 'Oh Yea We Say Times' - the Royal Newspaper of the Court of Samanda.
                    Index post is on Thread page 334 post 6670 (including the Royal Gala edition)
                    The History of the Court of Samanda , by Chopingal: Thread page 351, post 7009
                    The Royal Roll Call of the Realm of Samanda, Thread page 349 , post 6973

ForeverSG-1's Royal Court Banner Page ; Thread page 350, post 7045
                    SaGC Birthdays, Thread page 361, post 7204
                    The Royal Bean Award List by President MajorSam; Thread page 84, post 1679 (although there have been 'beans' added since this index was posted... such as the 'mottled bean', so there might be a more up-to-date list that I missed in my search)
                    A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda Thread page 351, post 7019
                    Who are the members of the SaGC and the Royal Court of Samanda?
                    Thread page 372, post 7433
                    The Lost Elder - A Story of the Kingdom of Samanda by Deepspace
                    Part 1 Thread page 154, post #3066
                    Part 2 Thread page 311, post #6203
                    Part 3 Thread page 390, post #7977
                    ForeverSG-1's Sam PhotoGallery

NearlyCircular's Audio Clip Summary List

Sam Carter Music Video Index Post ; Thread page 357, post 7140
                    Sam's Music by Chopingal - complete with photos(Thread page 438, post 8756)

Astrogeologist's Carter Screen Cap Gallery

Sam Carter/AT Websites
                    "Wonderful World", a Sam Carter drabble by AgentDark - you've got to read this one!
                    (this post is updated and revised from my earlier one. In addition, this post is also conveniently at the top of a thread page - which makes it easier for bookmarking and returning to. If anyone has any thread pages/posts that they'd like me to include in this index posting, please post (or PM me) the links to what you want included, and I will edit this post to include your links.)
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 06 June 2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Well it looks as if Joe has been answering questions again on his thread. Here is the information I could find that may possibly pertain to Sam.

It's been reported that agent Barrett will be back in Ex Deus Machina and will be paired with Sam. In previous episodes, Barrett has been shown to have a romantic interest in Sam. Will we be seeing any of that in this episode?

Maybe a little.
                      Is this the episode where Sam returns, if not, can you tell us the name of the episode where she does return?

She'll be returning in Beach Head.
                      GW has no information on this episode other than the name, and it seems to be the eighth episode on their list. Let's just hope this isn't the real case.

Hmm, according to Webster - beachhead is...
                      an area on a hostile shore occupied to secure further landing of troops and supplies

Sounds a bit promising for Sam's return episode if the title means anything.

Is it official that the Tollans are wiped out, or have some of them survived?
                      erik mccoy

Schroedinger survived and was adopted by General Hammond. As for the other Tollan – they’re toast. Until someone comes up with a brilliant Tollan storyline that would require us to revive them.
                      Will we be seeing Cassandra and Svetlana Markov in season nine?

No plans to revisit either of them as of yet - although Cassandra will be mentioned in an early season 9 episode.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 May 2005, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Gateworld is currently running a demographics survey - if you haven't 'voted' for yourself, you can do so on the right hand side of GW's main webpage

Because I was interested, I graphed the results so far

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          Gateworld is currently running a demographics survey - if you haven't 'voted' for yourself, you can do so on the right hand side of GW's main webpage

Because I was interested, I graphed the results so far

Nice graph, astrog, it really puts the numbers in perspective. I saw and voted in this survey the other day. I guess it's to be expected that the largest percentage of those responding comes from the male 18- 25 age group, but it certainly doesn't seem to reflect the demographics of this thread, does it? Someone started a thread about this survey, saying they were surprised at the number of female sci fi fans. You can find it hereDemographics poll ^5 ladies The thread has turned into a nice kind of testimonial thread, with lots of women talking about their love of sci fi.

NC

Comment

actually, it doesn't match the posts of the forum as a whole. i've always seen more females around here than males
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Nice graph, astrog, it really puts the numbers in perspective. I saw and voted in this survey the other day. I guess it's to be expected that the largest percentage of those responding comes from the male 18- 25 age group, but it certainly doesn't seem to reflect the demographics of this thread, does it? Someone started a thread about this survey, saying they were surprised at the number of female sci fi fans. You can find it hereDemographics poll ^5 ladies The thread has turned into a nice kind of testimonial thread, with lots of women talking about their love of sci fi.

NC
                              That poll on the main page is open to anyone who visits gateworld.net. I have a feeling that the demographics in the forums are abit different. I mean most of the threads in the Characters and Relationships folder seem (to me ) to be more for the ladies and those threads would probably make up the majority of the total posts on the forums

Edit: Umm yeah, what Sky said

Comment

Well it looks as if Joe has been answering questions again on his thread. Here is the information I could find that may possibly pertain to Sam.
                                The Beach Head episode sounds interesting. And my first thought when I heard that episode title was an invasion of some sorts too
                                (of course when I heard of the episode titled 'Collateral Damage', my first thought was that they got Arnie to guest star )
                                However, if it's now said that this is Sam's return episode and it is the 8th episode... I'm positive I remember JM saying that she'll return in the 6th episode.

Yay for Schroedinger! Good old George comes to the rescue again!

And Cassie ain't gonna be shafted in season9 either!

Comment

Working...
                                X