No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.....I may have found Queen Sam's next challenge.

Look at this article I found posted on another thread:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-5704621.html

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I appreciate all your kind words and thank you from the bottom of my heart. However, I have seen some of the fantastic fandom masterpieces out on the web and I'm humbled by their artistic abitilies. I have had a blast tinkering with the photos, but I'm far from being anything other than a novice. Heck I still haven't figured out how to use Photoshop, so most of you are way ahead of me in skill.

Kat
      Hey Kat...did you notice we're no longer system lords? What happened???

Did we not rule with grace and dignity in the tradition of our fair queen???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Hey Kat...did you notice we're no longer system lords? What happened???

Did we not rule with grace and dignity in the tradition of our fair queen???
        Thank god, no more bowing down to your feet now!

They made a change to the rep system, if you notice now all rep points are signed and they spread the rep ranks out a bit so it takes longer to get to ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          There's a program out there called Gspot which will read the codec info in a file and tell you which ones it needs.

I have a codec help page for a site of mine at www.svucrib.com/codecs.html that may be of some help. If nothing else there's a link to divx and xvid there which are common codec problem culprits.

Yes its a great little program but unfortunately it only has support for .avi files. It can't do .wma

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            ooh, look, it's FIC

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/11/numb.html

and it's sam fic...and yes, ther's some sam/teal'c friendship in there, which is why i read it initially
            *sniff* Aww, I just love Teal'c. He's such a great guy. I so hope we have scenes like this in season 9.

Comment

http://img98.echo.cx/img98/8122/4x075f00713ub.jpg

Jack: Don't worry Teal'c. Just keep your eyes on Carter. That way if things get hairy you'll have something soft to land on.

Sam: Excuse Me??

Jack: (smirking) Joking.

Sam: So NOT funny.

Comment

http://img98.echo.cx/img98/8122/4x075f00713ub.jpg

Jack: Don't worry Teal'c. Just keep your eyes on Carter. That way if things get hairy you'll have something soft to land on.

Sam: Excuse Me??

Jack: (smirking) Joking.

Sam: So NOT funny.
                RLOL

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Can you cook, Tara? Because the Keeper of the Flame *can't*... and I was put in charge of the kitchen at the Royal Gala (apparently they figured I could at least keep the fires going)... but then a small fire flared up a bit... and NC tossed her drink on it to try and douse the small flames... but she had been drinking the *special* punch... which had a surreptitiously high proof... needless to say, the small flames quickly roared to a conflagration....

Note: Thank goodness jello doesn't require any cooking!

As a geologist, I have never had the urge to learn how to cook... and I absolutely worship the microwave (which heats water wonderfully for the making of Royal Blue Jello).

I have backpacked hundreds and hundreds of miles on backcountry trails... and yet, I have managed to avoid any real cooking... A simple campstove... throw in the 5-minute rice... add some flavoring... cut up some carrots or broccoli (if it's the first few days out)... maybe toss in a tin of canned chicken (minus the tin)... let it all cook... and voila... a one-pot dinner for two. And *that* is the height of my culinary expertise.

Hmm... so what was I talking about -- oh, yes - so can you cook?

LOL my Son used to do that when he lived at home, egg, bacon.sausages and so on all in the frying pan at once, but now he's married he can
                  really cook and has just done a lovely meal for
                  his wife as a treat,so sweet!
                  Oh yes in answer to your question yes i can cook, nothing fancy though, meat and two veg type of cook
                  ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    A message for the booklet:
                    Ms. Tapping--thanks for making such a great character really come to life. SG1 just wouldn't be the same without your tremendous talent. Jckfan55
                    Great message, jckfan! I have downloaded into the Collection File

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    If it pleases the Court one would like to petition for a spot as Chauffer - As it seems that the Queen would need a driver - Qualifications CDL (commercial drivers license), experience driving on the right side, left side and when in India the middle of the road.

Of course there is one requirement to be made - saxophone must be readily available to entertain the Queen and Court at all times.
                    I second Tsaxlady's nomination for Royal Chauffer and Saxophonist!

Hmm, anyone know what codex that video uses? It won't work for me, just keeps giving me a codex error.

Kat
                    AgentDark seems to know something about this... I'm clueless about 'codex'. After I downloaded and unzipped the video file, I did a right click on the file johndunbar.wma and then chose 'open with' 'Windows Media Player'... it did give me a warning message that the file might not play properly...but then it played just fine - I got both the video and audio. What software is giving you the 'codex' error message (RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, etc.)

Edited to add: Just found the post where AD has already responded to your post! (Told you that he knows about this stuff!).
                    Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    Hey! All of us newbies want to join! Doth the kingdom have room? I thought you all had been fans so long that you'd met at conventions and stuff, and that you had your own little thing going. I admit I was too shy to ask.
                    All all welcome to join! Do you have a Royal title to suggest for yourself?
                    Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Thanks! I remembered quite a few, but this will be a handy reference.

Loyal Samanda resident and proud subject of our Queen,
                    Jckfan55
                    We need a title for Jckfan! Any suggestions or preferences Jckfan?
                    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Hello My Fellow Samandans!

I'm so glad to be back online. My computer died 2 days ago so I had to F disk my hard drive and start from scratch!

And even now, I don't have ANY applications installed except for Norton Internet Security...but I had to log on to see what I've missed; but unfortunately, it's A LOT!

So if one of you could be a dear and PM me with anything vital that I've missed since, say, Wednesday-ish I'd appreciate it!
                    Welcome back, Über! And I empathize with your computer woes! I have F-disked a couple of computers (not fun, and it takes awhile - and then you still have to reinstall everything).
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 May 2005, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm......Royal Media Analyst?

Or Royal Soothsayer?

Of course, none of my predictions have been proven true yet, so I don't want to get over-confident.

Maybe Keeper of the Heart? Curator of the Faith?

You guys are way more creative than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        ADD A CAPTION
                        What part of 'I want to go to Hawaii did you not understand???'
                        LOL, Sky! I was on the same wavelength!

Sam: Yeah, yeah, we're parachuting out of the plane... I'm not crazy about that idea, but - it's *cold* out there! Have you *looked* out a window?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          So be it! Even though Keeper of the Flame wants you to become the Royal Chef, it seems your heart is with the overall domesticity of the palace and this is no little matter. Whilst Lady-in-Waiting seems honorific, the more practical and valued position of Royal Housekeeper will be an important function around the chaos that comes with having a child underfoot.

So, with grateful hearts, we name you Royal Housekeeper, Head of Domestic Services. Feel free to work your Martha-Stewart magic within the palace walls.

CJ

I duly accept this position and promise to keep
                          the palace running smoothly for when our Queen and the little Princess graces us with their presence
                          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            Forever, it appears there is confusion in the kingdom concerning your title (at least I’m confused). The Royal Banner Page indicates you are a Novice Graphic Artist. ChopinGal’s post deems you hold the position of Royal Graphics Designer.

As one who tries to dabble in the challenging world of graphic arts I would suggest that perhaps the word “Novice” in your title is not entirely accurate. Your work is way above beginner, learner, neophyte, amateur, etc. The banners themselves and all your other work proves the point! Therefore, I vote for your banner to revert to the more accurate Royal Graphics Designer.
                            I agree with Samfan!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Well.....I may have found Queen Sam's next challenge.

Look at this article I found posted on another thread:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-5704621.html
                              Egad!! Baby replicators!! "The robots, which don't do anything else except make copies of themselves, are powered through contacts on the surface of the table and transfer data through their faces."

I must say, sg-1fanintn, you find the most interesting articles - replicators and cartercopters. Surely this diligent research ability can be put to good use in the kingdom.

Comment

Wow... ok this is kind of a catch up post...

Chopingal - awesome history post! I now consider myself informed of the history of the court of Samanda and consider myself honoured to be in such fine lyrical company.

Is there room for a Royal Technician in the court? Afterall with her busy schedule the queen can't always fix her own toys right? {flips screwdriver in the air and catches it with a wry grin}

Annnndddd... another suggestion.. perhaps a project for the royal court.

In another fandom I'm in someone has recently investigated and posted info and requirments for nominating a celebrity to recieve a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame. Our lady Amanda most certainly qualifies and deserves recognition. This is the requirements:

"Criteria for Star on the Walk of Fame
                                1. Professional achievement
                                2. Longevity of five years in the field of entertainment
                                3. Contributions to the community"

"Although the deadline is May 31, 2005, applications are accepted all year long.

All applications must include a bio (not exceeding two pages) and photo (see sample). Non-returnable samples of the nominee’s work may also be submitted (e.g., Recording category – music CD; Motion Picture – video cassette). The Committee does not accept signature petitions or postcards, letters, etc. First-time nominations not selected will automatically roll-over for another year. If not selected during the second year, the nominee must be re-submitted The sponsorship fee is $15,000 and is subject to change.

Ok it's pricey.. but what do you guys think.. does the court have this kind of power?
                                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                lol, perhaps if they accept Blue Jello as a form of payment...
                                Wow - I was right there until I saw the price! Astrog swallows... looks at Blue Jello... which is highly treasured within the walls of Samanda... but not quite as understood outside the gates.
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                The Royal Court would have to declare royal bankruptcy in order to sponsor this project, even though we all know that our beloved Queen's talent often surpasses those Hollywood wannabes! Perhaps we should call upon Royal Accountant and her abacus to figure the proper rate of exchange in Samanda currency which would be, of course, beans.

The Court does have the power to bestow upon Myrth the requested position of Royal Technician and it will be duly noted at the original listing. One of RT's first duties will be the use of a variable-torque cordless drill to etch a star in the Samandan Walk of Fame honouring our dear Queen. Ha! Who needs Hollywood?

Psst ... Royal Accountant ... methinks we just saved a hill of beans!

CJ
                                Done & done!
                                {revs the drill with royal!glee!}
                                [B]Plus a mini-star for the princess who will no doubt be as beautiful as her mother. [/B]
                                Love the mini-star for Olivia!

Hmmm... can one of our wonderful photoshoppers make us a photoshopped Hollywood star for the Queen?
                                Last edited by astrogeologist; 13 May 2005, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X