Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Can you cook, Tara? Because the Keeper of the Flame *can't*... and I was put in charge of the kitchen at the Royal Gala (apparently they figured I could at least keep the fires going)... but then a small fire flared up a bit... and NC tossed her drink on it to try and douse the small flames... but she had been drinking the *special* punch... which had a surreptitiously high proof... needless to say, the small flames quickly roared to a conflagration....

Note: Thank goodness jello doesn't require any cooking!

As a geologist, I have never had the urge to learn how to cook... and I absolutely worship the microwave (which heats water wonderfully for the making of Royal Blue Jello).

I have backpacked hundreds and hundreds of miles on backcountry trails... and yet, I have managed to avoid any real cooking... A simple campstove... throw in the 5-minute rice... add some flavoring... cut up some carrots or broccoli (if it's the first few days out)... maybe toss in a tin of canned chicken (minus the tin)... let it all cook... and voila... a one-pot dinner for two. And *that* is the height of my culinary expertise.

Hmm... so what was I talking about -- oh, yes - so can you cook?
    LOL Methinks the Keeper wants to escape KP duties and sees a prime target!

Comment

i've got a fic to recommend to everyone here. it's not a sam-whumper, but it's a very nice little piece of sam's head. and some of jack's too. and yes, it's sam/jack shippy, but not a lot. it just was beautifully written, and being a woman, i nodded at a lot of the things it said. i hope you guys enjoy it as much as i did.

it's called 'whispers in red', by rowan darkstar

link: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...hispersin.html

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i'm suddenly very hungry.

sam's comfort food would be CAKE! *real* cake, with *real* frosting (not that second-rate crap with cool whip so-called icing ). and she'd like extra frosting, when she's pmsing or down. and she'd take her time eating it, relishing every, single bite as it takes her into smooth-cake-heaven bliss.... hmmm, am i talking about sam or ME?

sally
        Aha ... you're only saying that because it's Jack's favorite food too! Two forks, one plate.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Aha ... you're only saying that because it's Jack's favorite food too! Two forks, one plate.
          How romantic!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
            What it was on SALE!
            LOL A good one! Hi there Cassie, a perfect handle! Welcome to Samanda where the citizens are a bit busy right now ... changing a royal lightbulb.

Stick around ... there's always something going on ... we shed light on a great variety of Sam subjects.

CG

Comment

i've got a fic to recommend to everyone here. it's not a sam-whumper, but it's a very nice little piece of sam's head. and some of jack's too. and yes, it's sam/jack shippy, but not a lot. it just was beautifully written, and being a woman, i nodded at a lot of the things it said. i hope you guys enjoy it as much as i did.

sally
              i read that. it's good. some lovely angst
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In the tradition of our queen herself I aim to be able to do anything! Of course I humbly submit that I am yet to reach her standard of skill, but please allow me to lay my own down in the service of the court....
                Excellent, RT! And the mini-star was a stroke of genius. Now they can twinkle together.

You definitely are showing great potential in your new role. Keep up the good work! Are you capable of general maintenance? There appears to be a light bulb that needs replacement in the corridor outside the Queen's private quarters, which leads me to wonder ... how many Samandans does it take to change a royal light bulb?!

Jester
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  Forever, it appears there is confusion in the kingdom concerning your title (at least I’m confused). The Royal Banner Page indicates you are a Novice Graphic Artist. ChopinGal’s post deems you hold the position of Royal Graphics Designer.

As one who tries to dabble in the challenging world of graphic arts I would suggest that perhaps the word “Novice” in your title is not entirely accurate. Your work is way above beginner, learner, neophyte, amateur, etc. The banners themselves and all your other work proves the point! Therefore, I vote for your banner to revert to the more accurate Royal Graphics Designer.
                  I appreciate all your kind words and thank you from the bottom of my heart. However, I have seen some of the fantastic fandom masterpieces out on the web and I'm humbled by their artistic abitilies. I have had a blast tinkering with the photos, but I'm far from being anything other than a novice. Heck I still haven't figured out how to use Photoshop, so most of you are way ahead of me in skill.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Just remember, keep your eyes *front* when on bodyguard duty...
                    LOL! You bet, sir, I'm going to be guarding her... um, I mean, the rear, right?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      ADD A CAPTION
                      (sam thinking) 'What... jump now? I'm not ready to jump yet! .... I have to go to the bathrooooom!'

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        If it pleases the Court one would like to petition for a spot as Chauffeur - As it seems that the Queen would need a driver - Qualifications CDL (commercial drivers license), experience driving on the right side, left side and when in India the middle of the road.

Of course there is one requirement to be made - saxophone must be readily available to entertain the Queen and Court at all times.
                        My good lady, you have approached the Court at just the right moment. We will send Royal Technician over to you, the new Royal Chauffeur, to help install the royal baby carseat into the carriage. Remember to drive with care when taking the Queen and her Princess for a jaunt around the kingdom. You must be on watch for a certain Royal Security Guard who tends to get a bit brazen with his one-speed cycle. However, with your vast driving experience, you should be able to handle anything that comes down the pike. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you a Mustang convertible at this time. You will have to settle for the Rolls Royce in the Queen's garage.

If it meets with the Queen's approval, you and Royal Technician may also have the pleasure of working on the Indian motorcycle and Volvo parked in the same garage.

I will now add you to the Official Royal Listing on page 349.

Oh, yes, indeed ... remember to stop by my humble abode for an occasional jam session. Lyre and saxophone! Now that is quite an unusual combination but it is never too soon to practice for the next Royal Gala. All work and no play ... as they say. Perhaps Madam President will even join us with her own horn. By the way, have I ever told you about Murray?

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                          Ummmm Royal lady in waiting sounds nice but if the post is already taken then i think i'll apply for royal housekeeper
                          Our Queen may need alot of help once the little
                          Princess is mobile
                          So be it! Even though Keeper of the Flame wants you to become the Royal Chef, it seems your heart is with the overall domesticity of the palace and this is no little matter. Whilst Lady-in-Waiting seems honorific, the more practical and valued position of Royal Housekeeper will be an important function around the chaos that comes with having a child underfoot.

So, with grateful hearts, we name you Royal Housekeeper, Head of Domestic Services. Feel free to work your Martha-Stewart magic within the palace walls.

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            ADD A CAPTION
                            "What if the chute doesn't open?"

Comment

then there'd be three forks, because it's my fave food of all time!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I really like almost everything that Rowan writes. She has a website with all of her stories at:

http://rowan_d.tripod.com/rstories.html

She also started a yahoo group called Gateship that is a very friendly place where all "ships" (friendship, relationships, kinship, teamship) are welcome. When I'm not laughing here, I head there for a chuckle or two, as well as some excellent fic.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X