Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Hmm, anyone know what codex that video uses? It won't work for me, just keeps giving me a codex error.

Kat
    Yeah, its a bit wierd... try renaming it to a .avi file instead of a .wma
    For some reason Winamp and Windows Media Player had some issues with it while it was .wma

Comment

Well this is something I've been working on for awhile. I've been having difficulties finding pictures that I think go well with each title, so I haven't finished some of them. But since this list was added today I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have so far.
      [/font][/size][/color]

If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. Otherwise I'll continue to make these in my spare time.
      this would have been a green bestowed upon you, but i can't! THANK YOU for my banner! *it had jack... sighs*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Woohooo! Um, espionage might not be my strong point, though... Unlike our Queen, I am not suave and debonair, and I have about the subtlety of an ox...
        Just remember, keep your eyes *front* when on bodyguard duty...

Comment

Wow... ok this is kind of a catch up post...

Chopingal - awesome history post! I now consider myself informed of the history of the court of Samanda and consider myself honoured to be in such fine lyrical company.

Is there room for a Royal Technician in the court? Afterall with her busy schedule the queen can't always fix her own toys right? {flips screwdriver in the air and catches it with a wry grin}

Annnndddd... another suggestion.. perhaps a project for the royal court.

In another fandom I'm in someone has recently investigated and posted info and requirments for nominating a celebrity to recieve a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame. Our lady Amanda most certainly qualifies and deserves recognition. This is the requirements:

"Criteria for Star on the Walk of Fame
          1. Professional achievement
          2. Longevity of five years in the field of entertainment
          3. Contributions to the community"

"Although the deadline is May 31, 2005, applications are accepted all year long.

All applications must include a bio (not exceeding two pages) and photo (see sample). Non-returnable samples of the nominee’s work may also be submitted (e.g., Recording category – music CD; Motion Picture – video cassette). The Committee does not accept signature petitions or postcards, letters, etc. First-time nominations not selected will automatically roll-over for another year. If not selected during the second year, the nominee must be re-submitted The sponsorship fee is $15,000 and is subject to change.

Ok it's pricey.. but what do you guys think.. does the court have this kind of power?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
            Ok it's pricey.. but what do you guys think.. does the court have this kind of power?

lol, perhaps if they accept Blue Jello as a form of payment...

Comment

There's a program out there called Gspot which will read the codec info in a file and tell you which ones it needs.

I have a codec help page for a site of mine at www.svucrib.com/codecs.html that may be of some help. If nothing else there's a link to divx and xvid there which are common codec problem culprits.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Yeah, its a bit wierd... try renaming it to a .avi file instead of a .wma
              For some reason Winamp and Windows Media Player had some issues with it while it was .wma
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Inquiring minds want to know ...

The History of the Court of Samanda

Once upon a time, in a mythical kingdom far away, there lived a [snipped]
                i can't rep you (i should get a shirt with this), so i just wanted to say... you're the best.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow... ok this is kind of a catch up post...

Chopingal - awesome history post! I now consider myself informed of the history of the court of Samanda and consider myself honoured to be in such fine lyrical company.

Is there room for a Royal Technician in the court? Afterall with her busy schedule the queen can't always fix her own toys right? {flips screwdriver in the air and catches it with a wry grin}

Annnndddd... another suggestion.. perhaps a project for the royal court.

In another fandom I'm in someone has recently investigated and posted info and requirments for nominating a celebrity to recieve a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame. Our lady Amanda most certainly qualifies and deserves recognition. This is the requirements:

"Criteria for Star on the Walk of Fame
                  1. Professional achievement
                  2. Longevity of five years in the field of entertainment
                  3. Contributions to the community"

"Although the deadline is May 31, 2005, applications are accepted all year long.

All applications must include a bio (not exceeding two pages) and photo (see sample). Non-returnable samples of the nominee’s work may also be submitted (e.g., Recording category – music CD; Motion Picture – video cassette). The Committee does not accept signature petitions or postcards, letters, etc. First-time nominations not selected will automatically roll-over for another year. If not selected during the second year, the nominee must be re-submitted The sponsorship fee is $15,000 and is subject to change.

The Royal Court would have to declare royal bankruptcy in order to sponsor this project, even though we all know that our beloved Queen's talent often surpasses those Hollywood wannabes! Perhaps we should call upon Royal Accountant and her abacus to figure the proper rate of exchange in Samanda currency which would be, of course, beans.

The Court does have the power to bestow upon Myrth the requested position of Royal Technician and it will be duly noted at the original listing. One of RT's first duties will be the use of a variable-torque cordless drill to etch a star in the Samandan Walk of Fame honouring our dear Queen. Ha! Who needs Hollywood?

Psst ... Royal Accountant ... methinks we just saved a hill of beans!

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    mmhm

time for another topic rousing question

we've already done the 'if the house was on fire what would sam grab'
                    and 'what is sam's guilty pleasure tv show'

how about

what is sam's 'comfort food'

ok, comfort food is something that's not necessarily good for you, and is probably bad for you, but it's something you want if you're feeling down or icky or just need some, well comfort.

my idea

she'd go for chicken fried steak with all the fixings (for those that don't know, chicken fried steak is a round steak that's pounded to tenderize it, then breaded and fried (usually pan fried) then covered with white/cream gravy - gravy that's got a milk and flour base instead of a meat juice base- and is usually served with mashed potatos and often green beans)

it's a southern/midwestern dish

if she's not up for a big meal, then fries and gravy. there's something soothing about french fries dipped in cream gravy

what do you guys think?
                    i'm suddenly very hungry.

sam's comfort food would be CAKE! *real* cake, with *real* frosting (not that second-rate crap with cool whip so-called icing ). and she'd like extra frosting, when she's pmsing or down. and she'd take her time eating it, relishing every, single bite as it takes her into smooth-cake-heaven bliss.... hmmm, am i talking about sam or ME?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Done & done!

{revs the drill with royal!glee!}

Plus a mini-star for the princess who will no doubt be as beautiful as her mother.

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      The Royal Court would have to declare royal bankruptcy in order to sponsor this project, even though we all know that our beloved Queen's talent often surpasses those Hollywood wannabes! Perhaps we should call upon Royal Accountant and her abacus to figure the proper rate of exchange in Samanda currency which would be, of course, beans.

The Court does have the power to bestow upon Myrth the requested position of Royal Technician and it will be duly noted at the original listing. One of RT's first duties will be the use of a variable-torque cordless drill to etch a star in the Samandan Walk of Fame honouring our dear Queen. Ha! Who needs Hollywood?

Psst ... Royal Accountant ... methinks we just saved a hill of beans!

CJ
                      sigpic

Comment

ooh, look, it's FIC

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/11/numb.html

and it's sam fic...and yes, ther's some sam/teal'c friendship in there, which is why i read it initially
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam's comfort foods

1: macaroni & cheese

2: pepperoni pizza

3: Haagan-Daas Coffee Chip Ice Cream

4: Sara Lee French Vanilla Cheesecake

Uh......gotta go to the store!

Comment

This is really off-topic, but I had to post this because it had my 14yr old and I smiling when we heard it. As most of you may already know, I have a 4 year old daughter whom I homeschool. Today we were telling stories while she colored and this is a story she made up out of the blue. I found it so touching that I had her tell it to me again and I typed it onto the computer as she spoke. (The second version is a little different than the original, but it's still quite amusing).

Once apon a time there was a little puppy who didn't have any friends. She was a sad little puppy because she only had one eye and she never blink, blink, blinked(blinking as she speaks). She had two hands but no fingers(wiggling fingers). She sat all day hoping to find a friend, but noone would play with her. Then one day she met another little puppy who only had one leg and they became best friends.

The End.

It's just amazing how a child's mind works.
                            This shows that you are raising a very compassionate and sensitive child. The apple does not fall far from the tree ... lovely, just lovely.

Comment

Done & done!

{revs the drill with royal!glee!}

Plus a mini-star for the princess who will no doubt be as beautiful as her mother.

Excellent, RT! And the mini-star was a stroke of genius. Now they can twinkle together.

You definitely are showing great potential in your new role. Keep up the good work! Are you capable of general maintenance? There appears to be a light bulb that needs replacement in the corridor outside the Queen's private quarters, which leads me to wonder ... how many Samandans does it take to change a royal light bulb?!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Forever, it appears there is confusion in the kingdom concerning your title (at least I’m confused). The Royal Banner Page indicates you are a Novice Graphic Artist. ChopinGal’s post deems you hold the position of Royal Graphics Designer.

As one who tries to dabble in the challenging world of graphic arts I would suggest that perhaps the word “Novice” in your title is not entirely accurate. Your work is way above beginner, learner, neophyte, amateur, etc. The banners themselves and all your other work proves the point! Therefore, I vote for your banner to revert to the more accurate Royal Graphics Designer.
                                Hear, hear ... the official title omits the word "novice" ... methinks the lady is a bit shy and modest about her wondrous abilities. You both are quite good and creative at your work and are to be commended for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X