Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Actually UberSG-1Fan is the Royal Photographer. I'm just one of her many apprentices.
    You are the Royal Nanny, though, are you not? I'm made some adjustments - sorry - must have taken one too many swigs from the royal liquor cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      You are the Royal Nanny, though, are you not? I'm made some adjustments - sorry - must have taken one too many swigs from the royal liquor cabinet.
      Yep, Yep, Yep

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        You can post it on the thread, and I'll download it from your post - or you can send it to me in a PM or an email (if you don't want to post it on the thread).
        k, i'll post it here. it's real small and rather simple, but it's what came to mind immediately and stated what i feel.

~~~

Thank you for being an actress, Amanda, otherwise I, and MILLIONS of others, wouldn't have been able to know you.

Love,
        MajorSal (Sally)

~~~

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

The Royal Court of Samanda

Madam President, Major Sam

Madam Vice-President, Major Sal

Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist

Accountant/Bean Counter and Editor of Oh Yea What Say Times, Coley

Court Jester and Bard, Chopin Gal

Census Taker, Skydiver

Wise Elder, Nearly Circular

Head of Security, Agent Dark

Royal Page, deepspace

Royal Photographer, Uber SG-1 Fan

Royal Nanny and Assistant Photographer, Forever Sg1

First Assistant Head of Security, Carterslave

Second Assistant Head of Security, 1speed4Sam

Lurker Extraordinaire, Tok'ra Hostess and many unidentified others

Please come forth, good citizens, if I have left any valued member of the Court missing or mis-titled. We shall post open positions to the Court in the next edition of the Times. Remember, you, too, can serve the Queen!
          I know I am new to this thread but can I be an apprentise in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            More than one director has said that when they don't know who to put the camera on for a closing shot they turn to Amanda. She has such great facial expressions and those eyes....

I agree, Amanda acts so well and makes you feel
            what she is feeling from just watching her face.
            I've always believed that the eyes are the windows to your soul and Amanda has beutiful eyes so her soul is beutiful also and we all know she has a great big heart.
            ......TARA......

Comment

pic fr myrth

indeed she is a beautiful lady

Comment

BANNERS

If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. If you'd rather use one of your own banners or add one for yourself, please feel free to send me the link so that I can add it to this list.

Kat
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 08 June 2005, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Well this is something I've been working on for awhile. I've been having difficulties finding pictures that I think go well with each title, so I haven't finished some of them. But since this list was added today I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have so far.

If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. Otherwise I'll continue to make these in my spare time.
                  amazing...wanted to give you greens but had to spread it first

Comment

Well this is something I've been working on for awhile. I've been having difficulties finding pictures that I think go well with each title, so I haven't finished some of them. But since this list was added today I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have so far.

If I haven't made one for anyone on the list and you would be interested in having one, please let me know. Also, if you have an idea of a good picture, please send me that as well. Otherwise I'll continue to make these in my spare time.
                    Curse my empty Jello bucket, I'd defiantly be repping ya then!

Those are pretty damm awesome banners! Yay for Zats!

I think Uber better watch out, or she just might be out of a job!!
                    (though I'm sure there's room for two )

Comment

OUTSTANDING!!! What fun banners. Appears you've found lots of good pics to use and they all match their owners so well. Great job. Couldn't rep, have to spread it around.

Comment

Words fail me (for once) - that is absolutely superb!!!

Unfortunately I can't rep you either, so I guess you'll just have to settle for whatever I can sneak out of the Royal Liquor Cabinet on Saturday.

1s4S

Comment

Charlie, you just reminded me of a thought I had the other day (and since I think so rarely, it's worth mentioning) ...

Whatever Astro/Keeper puts together from all of us will be a labor of love, for sure, knowing how invested Astro is in this thread. However, if this booklet or portfolio is done well it really becomes something special that AT, herself, (or even her publicist) has probably not had time or thought about doing: it becomes a review, a snapshot, of her portrayal of Sam Carter.

This could become a scrapbook to show Olivia one day - this is what your mom did for a certain part of her acting career! I think we should dedicate the compilation to Olivia from her mom's fans. How lovely that she will one day get to read what many people thought of her mom - Amanda's influence on others and her professional ability in bringing Sam to life. This is just a thought, but it has been on my mind. One day, years from now, mom may want to share some of her legacy with her daughter ... and she'll have our little contribution to help her tell the story of "Sam and the Stargate".

Something quite innocent, a first post by Major Sally just admiring the "character of Sam", started an amazing thread. Then Major Sam gave us the idea for "Samanda" and we jumped on it and all kinds of fun things began to happen. Fans started to bring in bits of themselves (humor, great discussions, sarcasm, wit, originality, artwork/photo manips, screencaps and captions) ... and many kind words and compliments helped to bring out some gifts that people didn't even know they had!

But I see something even more ... many of us have noted that many internet threads sometimes take a nasty turn and dissolve into a great deal of noise. I think, just by writing about Sam/Amanda, we have managed to incorporate some of her own generous spirit and good will on to this board. She is a very fun-loving and kind person (by all accounts and observations). And I think that there's a lot of that here with the back-and-forth comments and teasing and exchanges that go on. It's wonderful to see and experience. User-friendly cyberspace!

So, I think that we are heading in the right direction by reviewing some of the past posts and extracting some of the unique "moments" of hilarity, discussion, debate, admiration, etc. which highlight just why we think Sam is such a great character! And, Astro, I'm willing to commit some time to this, behind the scenes with you, (now that our spring semesters are coming to an end).
                          Awesome post, and yes I agree with you...this thread is such an awesome place to be! I mean, I was terrified when I first posted, but everyone's made me feel really comfortable and at home. And I'm so honoured that I may have inadvertantly inspired you to post that beautiful train of thought! I think that post should get a mention in the compilation.
                          Royal Page of Samanda
                          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                            Awesome post, and yes I agree with you...this thread is such an awesome place to be! I mean, I was terrified when I first posted, but everyone's made me feel really comfortable and at home. And I'm so honoured that I may have inadvertantly inspired you to post that beautiful train of thought! I think that post should get a mention in the compilation.
                            Terrified
                            Well actually I suppose the Royal Jester is kinda scary... (/me remembers back to Drunk!Jester at the Samanda Gala)

Comment

Guess who was seen recently? None other than the Copter Lady!

Sam has been tirelessly fine-tuning, testing, and flying her naquadah enhanced copter. She decided she needed some time off after all her challenging tasks. So, today is a holiday. Sam is having fun and doing what she loves.

Crusing (medium size 640x480)

Crusing (large size 1024x768)
                              Last edited by SamFan31; 10 June 2008, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Guess who was recently seen? None other than the Copter Lady.

Sam has been tirelessly fine-tuning, testing, and flying her naquadah enhanced copter. She decided she needed some time off after all her challenging tasks. So, today is a holiday. Sam is having fun and doing what she loves.

Cruising (medium size 640x480)

Cruising (large size 1024x768)
                                Omg, awesome! I have a request though, replace the CarterCopter (not that I don't like it, its very cool ) with an F-302 and instant Pilot!Sam wallpaper for the masses!

Comment

Working...
                                X