Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I just love all the captions you guys have put up for this one.

I had intended to put mine own caption up for it, but it turned out to be a bit too racy for this PG forum and it wasn't very kind to Pete as well. So I'll just enjoy everyone elses instead.

Kat
    Well, Kat, here I've been tiptoing nicely along the edge of the gutter all morning, and then you have to go and post this, cannonballing me straight in...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      My partner is whacko about Mustangs. Honestly, I don't get it, but then, she doesn't understand my Stargate obsession, so I guess we're even. However, she'd see this picture and start drooling... "Whoa, nice car!" Meanwhile, I'm quietly thinking, "Whoa, nice legs!"
      Darn it Strix, I've only just wiped the last lot of tea off my screen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Agent I'm waiting with baited breath for a witty caption for Sam from you!

Daniel: Sam I'm sorry, it was an accident. I swear it'll never happen again!
        Sam: ...
        Daniel: C'mon Sam, please not the cold shoulder! Who's gonna run interference on Jack for me now?
        Jack: Suck it up Danny, you should know better than to eat the last remaining glass of blue jello!

Comment

I had intended to put mine own caption up for it, but it turned out to be a bit too racy for this PG forum and it wasn't very kind to Pete as well. So I'll just enjoy everyone elses instead.

Kat
          Wise move Kat - I still bear the scars from the Jesters mauling over my far too racy post a while back, the nightmares are fading though - slowly

Comment

Though it appears from recent posts the Jester is moving in our direction somewhat. Something happened to the water over there?

Comment

Kat
              Now you've got me curious... perhaps a pm?

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Though it appears from recent posts the Jester is moving in our direction somewhat. Something happened to the water over there?
                What? It suddenly became normal?

Comment

Nice AD! Ta!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    What? It suddenly became normal?
                    RA to Jester - wasn't me Jest' this time

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                      Darn it Strix, I've only just wiped the last lot of tea off my screen!!!
                      You'd be thinking the same thing as Strix right!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        LOL ... possibly an afterglow moment in the bedroom?!! Ah, yes, Sam would have had a different expression on her face if it had been Jack!
                        I'm so dying to add to this - but that old fear thing again!!

Comment

Right must be off. I have ropes to coil, cams to oil and nuts to sort.

So you still on for saturday 1speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            My partner is whacko about Mustangs. Honestly, I don't get it, but then, she doesn't understand my Stargate obsession, so I guess we're even. However, she'd see this picture and start drooling... "Whoa, nice car!" Meanwhile, I'm quietly thinking, "Whoa, nice legs!"
                            Yeah, and Sam seems to be bare-leggin it as well. Hmm, I wonder if Sam abhors hose as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Daniel: Sam I'm sorry, it was an accident. I swear it'll never happen again!
                              Daniel: C'mon Sam, please not the cold shoulder! Who's gonna run interference on Jack for me now?
                              Jack: Suck it up Danny, you should know better than to eat the last remaining glass of blue jello!

Hehe...perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                                I think the compilation book is such an awesome idea! Though I'm not artistic or anything, so I doubt I'll be adding to it! Lol, I think Amanda will either love it, or think we're a group of obsessive fans and be very scared....or a mix of both! Hey, at least it shows we care!
                                Charlie, you just reminded me of a thought I had the other day (and since I think so rarely, it's worth mentioning) ...

Whatever Astro/Keeper puts together from all of us will be a labor of love, for sure, knowing how invested Astro is in this thread. However, if this booklet or portfolio is done well it really becomes something special that AT, herself, (or even her publicist) has probably not had time or thought about doing: it becomes a review, a snapshot, of her portrayal of Sam Carter.

This could become a scrapbook to show Olivia one day - this is what your mom did for a certain part of her acting career! I think we should dedicate the compilation to Olivia from her mom's fans. How lovely that she will one day get to read what many people thought of her mom - Amanda's influence on others and her professional ability in bringing Sam to life. This is just a thought, but it has been on my mind. One day, years from now, mom may want to share some of her legacy with her daughter ... and she'll have our little contribution to help her tell the story of "Sam and the Stargate".

Something quite innocent, a first post by Major Sally just admiring the "character of Sam", started an amazing thread. Then Major Sam gave us the idea for "Samanda" and we jumped on it and all kinds of fun things began to happen. Fans started to bring in bits of themselves (humor, great discussions, sarcasm, wit, originality, artwork/photo manips, screencaps and captions) ... and many kind words and compliments helped to bring out some gifts that people didn't even know they had!

But I see something even more ... many of us have noted that many internet threads sometimes take a nasty turn and dissolve into a great deal of noise. I think, just by writing about Sam/Amanda, we have managed to incorporate some of her own generous spirit and good will on to this board. She is a very fun-loving and kind person (by all accounts and observations). And I think that there's a lot of that here with the back-and-forth comments and teasing and exchanges that go on. It's wonderful to see and experience. User-friendly cyberspace!

So, I think that we are heading in the right direction by reviewing some of the past posts and extracting some of the unique "moments" of hilarity, discussion, debate, admiration, etc. which highlight just why we think Sam is such a great character! And, Astro, I'm willing to commit some time to this, behind the scenes with you, (now that our spring semesters are coming to an end).

Comment

Working...
                                X