Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmovies
    My daughter gave birth to a 10lb 6 1/2 oz boy last Wednesday. She named him Jacob Gus Wood! I didn't even mention that was Sam's dad's name on SG1! I'm so thrilled. Also, did anyone see a picture of Amanda while she was pregnant, and can't the TPTB send out one of her now on the set. I'm so-o-o glad she didn't decide to quit show business now that she's a mom! I really am gonna miss her when those first 6 episodes are shown this summer. Thoughts anyone?
    Congratulations on the arrival of your grandson, dmovies! I too, agree, that I am (selfishly) glad that AT didn't decide to quit - and I am already missing her in the first set of episodes (and they haven't even aired yet!).

Comment

Due to current real life craziness, I've only had a few moments to drop in and read up on what is going on in this thread. I'm happy to see that it is still going strong and is still so Sam/Amanda positive! Just a quick question before I have to go...I've been seeing some photos of Amanda that are obviously from the Femme Fatales shoot but were not published in the magazine. Does anyone know where they can be found?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        anyway, anyone who wants to send something in for amanda who's not artistically inclined, if you want, you can send your message to me. i can run it through photoshop, put your words in a pretty font on a nice background then mail it to coley or astro and they can print it out
        That's super-nice of you Sky!
        Originally posted by skydiver
        I think that's what i plan to do. I'm not comfortable showing my wallpapers around but i can share my words
        Sky - your wallpapers are wonderful - and I think AT would be flattered, but you should do what you feel the most comfortable with. If you do decide on one of your wallpapers, though, just shoot me a link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          ADD A CAPTION:
          How far astray can they go in the first five episodes without me?

Comment

ADD A CAPTION:
            I can't believe that I don't get to kick some *serious* bad-guy butt at the end of this episode. (And what's with ending this episode with Jack H/C... and I'm supposed to act like I'm all fine and peppy?)... I think I need a vacation!

Comment

Well I know I've seen your wallpapers and I don't know why you don't want to share them. Good or bad, it's all in fun: playing with pictures, making wallpapers, ect. I know there are far better out there at doing this sort of thing than myself, but it's been a fun little hobby to have over the past few months. Besides, being the highly analytical person that I am, I've never really believed I could create anything even remotely artistic, especially something that someone else might enjoy. It's been nice having people around who can/will offer constructive criticism and give suggestions for improving. This has been a great personal experience for me, one I don't think I would have even contemplated before reading this forum.
              Kat - you definitely have a wonderful artistic talent for photography - and photoshopping! Your photoshopped pics are fantastic!
              Originally posted by foreversg1
              Edit: By the way, I am so happy the forum is up and running again. I've missed all you wonderful guys and gals!
              Same here - yesterday was pretty sad - with the thread down all day! So good to have it back up! (Now, if I can just catch up on reading the posts!)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I have a question. Do we plan to put this compilation in some sort of folder? If so, do we need to take the left hand margin into account (maybe come in about an inch on that side?) to account for the binder?
                Good question, sg-1fanintn I was thinking of having it bound, so a left hand margin is definitely something to plan for. An inch should be more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Including all of us on the thread is our main mission - Astro and I. That's what it's all about - to show Amanda that there is, indeed, a user-friendly place called Samanda which thinks the world of her and wants her to know that!

Kat, thanks for confirming that Sam has returned from her hiatus. Yippee! I'm toying between flowers and cake ... there is this "decadent chocolate cake" that's part of a tower of gifts ... but I also found a flower shop practically around the corner.

Will keep you all posted the next day or so and definitely share what gets sent from "all of us". Not to worry about the moolah - you can return the favor by bailing Keeper or Jester out of jail if they ever get in trouble!

More to come .... gosh, this is fun!
                  you guys are incredible!

(((chopingal - astro - kat)))

the flowers are a WONDERFUL idea!

not sure about the cake, though, because i think amanda will be fighting her 'baby' weight, if you know what i mean.

please let me know if i can help money-wise.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    ps - my mini vacation (to san francisco) was GREAT!... but i'm glad to be home. *missed my samanda family*
                    Great to have you back, Sally!

Some Rejuvinating Welcome Back Royal Blue Jello is definitely in order!

Comment

I've been making myself go back and watch my less liked episodes... last night was Point of No Return. It still isn't one of my favorites, but I have to admit I loved this scene with Sam and Daniel.

LOL at Teal'c as speechwriter!

Comment

I just wanted to add my thanks to CG and astrog and anyone else who contributed, for sending the flowers to Amanda and putting together the collection. It's great of you to do this on our behalf. Thank You!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Great audio clip, NC!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

As I was getting caught up on today's posts the talk about seeing the lighter side of Sam and AT comedic acting got me thinking about the few stand alone episode were we see that kind of thing and which ones I like. I ended up puting on Space Race as I was reading some other Threads and making a few posts. Now I know that Space Race is one of those episode that people either really like or really hate - tends to be no middle ground on this episode - well I'm in the I like it column. To me it is a fun light episode that shows the adrenalin junkie, thrill seeking side of Sam. I know one of the things that some people had a problem with the episode was the sports announcers but I liked them. One of my favorite scene in the episode in the scene with Sam and Daniel in Carters Lab near the beginning of the episode.
                            i liked space race too! i didn't love it, but i enjoyed it a lot. and i 'really' enjoyed those announcers, because they reminded me of the announcers on the space mountain ride at disneyland. a couple of times at the very beginning of the ep (scene with daniel), i felt i was seeing/hearing more of amanda than sam, but it was still a hoot seeing this fun and wacky side of sam.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

ADD A CAPTION:

Sam thinking: 'I can't do this... I really, really can't do it.... ' *whimpers* 'OKAY!... I'll have the vanilla cake with orange frosting and rainbow sprinkles.'

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Great to have you back, Sally!

Some Rejuvinating Welcome Back Royal Blue Jello is definitely in order!
                                i can't rep you, astro (this always happens), so i'm saying thank you.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X