Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Auntie Samanda Wants You!

Yes, you, dear loyal citizen ... reach in and dig deep to find what you think may be an important contribution towards the Official Samanda Sampler that is being compiled and organized by our one and only Keeper of the Flame.

This is the second part of our Welcome Back gift to the Queen. All suggestions and ideas are invited.

Get busy and review past pages on the thread for that "something special" which catches your eye and may be an important part of the Royal Samandan Chronicles.

Jester (who is praying that the nun jokes don't make the cut!)
    I have a question. Do we plan to put this compilation in some sort of folder? If so, do we need to take the left hand margin into account (maybe come in about an inch on that side?) to account for the binder?

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      Hi I've been reading this thread for months, and I finally went and got myself an account.

Go SAM!! Best_character_ever!

I just dropped in to say:
      Caption for picture above:

Carter: OK I haven't seen anything like THAT before....

From, the Crazedturkey....
      Welcome aboard, crazedturkey (interesting moniker, btw )

As a Welcome Out Of Lurking Gift,
      we have the ever popular Blue Jello repast

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Whenever she feels lonely or has a need to chat with someone, she finds herself curled up in front of the television with a glass of white wine and an episode of ER. It had been Janet's favorite show; she called it her one true vice in life. Whenever they both had downtime, after Cassie had gone to bed, they would treat themselves with a box of Godiva chocolate, a bottle of wine, and an episode of her favorite show. They would playfully argue over who was the sexiest doctor…she had always preferred Dr. Ross; whereas Janet had a thing for Dr. Greene. She had actually found it quite amusing when she found out Janet secretly had a thing for balding men…Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart, among others. She'd always found it a bit odd that Janet could enjoy watching a show that hit so close to home, but Janet had explained once that that was exactly the reason she enjoyed it so much; because it showed exactly how in a mad and crazy work environment, people could come to respect and care for one another so deeply. The medical aspects of the show were good, but it was relationships that she enjoyed the most. For years, Janet had diligently taped the show on VHS. Janet had kept hoping that it would eventually come out on DVD, and it did finally…just a year too late.

She’s replaced the first three seasons with DVD’s now; she bought them this year for Janet’s birthday. The gift was unwrapped, the candle was blown out and a silent birthday wish was spoken before she popped in the first disc. It’s funny how life can be…during all those years that they sat together watching the show; she never once imagined the series might actually outlive her friend.

Kat

wow, that's *so* sad....

great scene for a fic!

i really love(d) the friendship between sam and janet. out of her relationship with jack, hers with janet was my second fave. ...... i miss janet.

sally

ps - my mini vacation (to san francisco) was GREAT!... but i'm glad to be home. *missed my samanda family*
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Suffering from Sam withdrawal, I pulled out Death Knell. I am so impressed with AT's physical acting in this episode. She *moves* like she's hurting. Her leg seems to get worse as time goes on. When she gets up in one of the scenes, you see the way she uses the good leg to lever herself up without putting weight on the hurt leg. Many times, shows slap on a little bloody makeup but the characters walk around like they're fine. It's clear AT puts thought into these things.

totally agree. amanda puts 100 percent of herself into her acting, and it sure shows. that's why she gets so many reaction shots, because she even acts when she doesn't have to. total professional.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

While we're waiting for the new season to begin (er, or Fast Forward to Ep 6 or 7) ... why don't we play some more games? Following Sky's example of Sam's favorite TV show ... let me take this one step further:

What if Sam Carter and original SG1, Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c, were recast in a new television show? They have been taken out of their scifi element and thrust into a whole new landscape/arc, but with their SG1 personalities intact.

What would they be doing? What kinds of roles would they be playing? And what would be the name of the show? Would it be a drama? A soap? A sitcom?

Let your minds and Muses wander ... and share your ideas here. And, Astro/Sky, maybe we can then vote on the best suggestion.

Remember: it can't be scifi. This is your big chance! You get to play TPTB. You're the Producer! You have to sell this show to your fellow Samandans! Will we want to watch it every week and miss it off season? I promise to join in too ... after my final grades are in.

GREAT question!

hmmmm.....

the show: Homeland Security

the setting: Washington, D.C

the characters:
            Jack O'Neill, head of HS-1 (homeland security 1).
            Sam Carter, O'Neill's second, trained in science and self defense.
            Daniel Jackson, the linguist and history expert.
            Teal'c, who has as much brains as brawn.

HS-1 fight terrorism on the homefront and abroad.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              GREAT question!

hmmmm.....

the show: Homeland Security

the setting: Washington, D.C

the characters:
              Jack O'Neill, head of HS-1 (homeland security 1).
              Sam Carter, O'Neill's second, trained in science and self defense.
              Daniel Jackson, the linguist and history expert.
              Teal'c, who has as much brains as brawn.

HS-1 fight terrorism on the homefront and abroad.

sally
              Terrific idea! If there's no S10 for SG1, we can ship them all off to Wash DC for a reunion with Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I have a question. Do we plan to put this compilation in some sort of folder? If so, do we need to take the left hand margin into account (maybe come in about an inch on that side?) to account for the binder?
                And a good question it is ... I'll defer to Astro on this as she will probably be in charge of formatting the collection of articles. Astro, do you want Samandans to send you .jpg files or just URL links or how will this work for you to start collecting the material?

CG

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

It has been confirmed that, as of yesterday afternoon, our Welcome Back gift was delivered to the studio lot.

It consisted of: Hot Pink Basket of fresh-cut flowers, complimentary box of Belgian chocolates, large balloon, and greeting card from the SaGC thread which read: Welcome Back, Amanda! Here's to another Successful Season for Sam and SG1. Love and Best Wishes from all your loyal fans at the GW Forum's SaGC Thread.

LOL The Jester provided the URL of the SaGC Thread should her royal highness decide to check on the local Samandan citizenry. However, GW has been down ever since the gift was delivered.

Methinks that AT has been busy anyhow rehearsing and meeting the new members of the cast. Hopefully, she has had time to allow Sam to indulge in a piece of chocolate and smell the flowers! And, best of all, she has a sense of how special we all think she is!

Thanks, ChopinGal, for doing this on behalf of the thread. I hope it put a smile on AT's face yesterday!! And I hope she is not too overwhelmed being back on the set.

Comment

LOL

It's our dark, deep secret at this thread ... we're really ...

A BLACK HOLE!!
                    Hmmm... shouldn't it be a BLUE (jello) Hole?

Comment

HEAR YE HEAR YE HEAR YE

SOME ROYAL GOOD NEWS

We have successfully placed an order with a local Vancouver florist for a "hot pink floral arrangement/basket" to be delivered to the Queen sometime today at the Bridge Studios. Along with the basket of fresh cut flowers, there should be a festive balloon announcing "Welcome Back" and a large, "hand-made" greeting card which should read:

Welcome Back, Amanda!
                      Here's to another Successful Season for Sam and SG1
                      Love and Best Wishes from your loyal fans at Gateworld Forum's SaGC: "Sam's a Great Character" Thread

At Astro's brilliant suggestion, I then included the URL so that Amanda can find us quickly and enjoy some of the posts and fans here if she finds time to do so!

I'm awaiting final confirmation of the above order as the flower shop is just about to open this morning on the west coast - the order was submitted directly online so they should be responding and creating the gift delivery as requested: same-day delivery. My thought is that, at the latest, the flowers get delivered tomorrow to the set. This is great because I do believe this is AT's very first week back to work. How appropriate that one of her most loyal fan bases should celebrate her return!

Thanks to all of you for your enthusiastic support of this idea and, now on to Astro's part of the project. Get your original artwork or poetry or whatever into Keeper by June deadline as she compiles a very special portfolio/sampling of "the world of Samanda" to be sent to AT later!

Yippee! SaGC rocks!

CG/Jester
                      Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

It has been confirmed that, as of yesterday afternoon, our Welcome Back gift was delivered to the studio lot.

It consisted of: Hot Pink Basket of fresh-cut flowers, complimentary box of Belgian chocolates, large balloon, and greeting card from the SaGC thread which read: Welcome Back, Amanda! Here's to another Successful Season for Sam and SG1. Love and Best Wishes from all your loyal fans at the GW Forum's SaGC Thread.

LOL The Jester provided the URL of the SaGC Thread should her royal highness decide to check on the local Samandan citizenry. However, GW has been down ever since the gift was delivered.

Methinks that AT has been busy anyhow rehearsing and meeting the new members of the cast. Hopefully, she has had time to allow Sam to indulge in a piece of chocolate and smell the flowers! And, best of all, she has a sense of how special we all think she is!
                      *Great job*, Chopingal!

Thanks so much for taking care of this for us all! Greatly appreciated. I hope the flowers give AT a smile - and let her know that there are lots of folks out here who are wishing her the best!
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 May 2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Auntie Samanda Wants You!

Yes, you, dear loyal citizen ... reach in and dig deep to find what you think may be an important contribution towards the Official Samanda Sampler that is being compiled and organized by our one and only Keeper of the Flame.

This is the second part of our Welcome Back gift to the Queen. All suggestions and ideas are invited.

Get busy and review past pages on the thread for that "something special" which catches your eye and may be an important part of the Royal Samandan Chronicles.

Jester (who is praying that the nun jokes don't make the cut!)
                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Well let me know what the plan is because I'm in. We could all "sign" the card with our real names and our GW/Samandan screen names...
                        Originally posted by Skydiver
                        ... the presentation book a couple of weeks (just to make sure that everyone has plenty of time to write their letter/make their art work, etc)
                        Here's my two cents. We go for the flowers this week and then work on the longer project by designating one person as collector of said items. Keeper, would you be up to this task since you are the archivist of the group already?
                        Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Sure! I'm willing to print out the posts for each of our Poll Results and Summary Comments and get them into order.

Anyone who wants to could send me something to include in the collection. It could be artwork, a poem, or just a note. It could be signed with your GW screen name and/or your real name. I'll print out what folks send me and integrate everything and then take it to someplace like Kinko's and have it bound, and then I'll mail it off to AT. Don't worry about the $$ folks, I'll take care of it.

If you send artwork (which would be supercool - I am such a visual junkie), I'll be printing stuff out on a color inkjet and using 8.5x11" paper.... so artwork/collage photos should be sized at something around 7.5x10" or less.

For those using photoshopping programs, I can read and print Photoshop files (I own Adobe Photoshop), bmp, jpgs, etc. If you check the image size, you should be able to see how big the image is going to want to print at (which isn't the same as the screen size). I'm probably telling you things that you already know, so I'll shut up now.

At any rate, to send me stuff, send it to my email (which should be accessible if you click on my name at the top of one of my GW posts) - and put something in the subject header like 'SaGC artwork' or 'AT collection contribution' or something that tells me what's in the email... (I'm trying to be cautious and only open emails that I'm fairly confident aren't virus-spam).

For a timeline... how about I shoot for getting everything together and sent off by mid-June? That would give everyone about a month to work on or think about what they want to include. It would also give folks like MajorSam and Deepspace a chance to come back from RL. And I think AgentDark and TokraHostess and a few others are busy with final exams right now...

So - does this all sound OK to folks?
                        Since I posted this the other day, I realized that it may be easiest for folks to give their stuff to me by just posting it on the thread - and including a note that you want me to print your post (or pic or poem) to include in the collection.

Folks could also post a note with a link to a previous post (or pic or poem) that they posted a while back. I just need a link or the thread page/post # so I can find it.

Or you can send me something by email - that's OK, too. But if you post it on the thread, then everyone else will get to see it .[QUOTE=Strix varia]Way cool! Thanks for taking the time and effort to arrange this, CG. It's wonderful to see an idea discussed, organized, and executed with such efficiency.
                        Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I won't have anything cool to add to the booklet, but if you collect a list of short greetings to include I'd like to do that.
                        A greeting or note would be just fine, jckfan!
                        Originally posted by Skydiver
                        anyway, anyone who wants to send something in for amanda who's not artistically inclined, if you want, you can send your message to me. i can run it through photoshop, put your words in a pretty font on a nice background then mail it to coley or astro and they can print it out
                        That's super-nice of you Sky!
                        Originally posted by skydiver
                        I think that's what i plan to do. I'm not comfortable showing my wallpapers around but i can share my words
                        Sky - your wallpapers are wonderful - and I think AT would be flattered, but you should do what you feel the most comfortable with. If you do decide on one of your wallpapers, though, just shoot me a link to it.

Still trying to catch up on posts that I haven't had a chance to read since GW's forum came back up.
                        Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 May 2005, 06:20 PM.

Comment

ADD A CAPTION:

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Hi SamFan31. It's early afternoon this side of the Kingdom - think I'll hang around for a bit, see if anyone else turns up. I'll also keep an eye out for intruders, just in case any have snuck in while we were incommunicado. Now, where did I leave that trenchcoat...
                            Hello, Agent Dark. I guess it's night down your way. Heard any suspicious rustling in the bushes?
                            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            2345 atm

Hmmm, I think I just heard someone yell 'Carter' outside...

*is recovering from Samanda withdrawal*
                            Are you sure it wasn't a bird - one of the mother hens, maybe?

And I've just sent you some Emergency Green Jello - hope it helps with your recovery.
                            ROTFLOL! (Or perhaps it should be cackling...after that mother hen reference... )

So good to know that the Kingdom has such great security - with Agent D in Australia and 1speed in England, that should give us pretty good coverage around the clock. Then there's Sky watching over us all, too.

Hey guys, just be careful and don't shoot MajorSam when she comes stumbling (oops, walking) back in. She's been gone for quite sometime and might be difficult to recognize... hmmm... perhaps we should have set up a recognition-password for returning travellers...

Comment

I've been making myself go back and watch my less liked episodes... last night was Point of No Return. It still isn't one of my favorites, but I have to admit I loved this scene with Sam and Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                ADD A CAPTION:
                                but i don't wannna get up.
                                maybe if i lie here really quiet like they won't notice that my eyes are open
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X