No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey quick question for you all...when did AT stop wearing the combat bracelet? I thought I'd see it in most if not all of her Carter scenes but I rewatched Gemini yesterday (and I'm loving that episode more and more each time I see it) and I noticed she wasn't wearing it!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Hey quick question for you all...when did AT stop wearing the combat bracelet? I thought I'd see it in most if not all of her Carter scenes but I rewatched Gemini yesterday (and I'm loving that episode more and more each time I see it) and I noticed she wasn't wearing it!
      I think Amanda said she would wear it until a particular unit of the military would return home from Iraq. So unless, I'm completely off with my reasoning or background information, maybe the unit or units in question finally went home?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Add A Caption:
        What was that noise?

*sniffs*

Oh no, Daniel's been on the curry and Guinness again. And I bet he tries to blame the dog as usual...

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
          I think Amanda said she would wear it until a particular unit of the military would return home from Iraq. So unless, I'm completely off with my reasoning or background information, maybe the unit or units in question finally went home?
          I read somewhere that she wore it so much it eventually fell apart, but i could be wrong...
          Royal Page of Samanda
          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Guess that Episode or Add a Caption:
            Bit after the event, but...

Carter: Be honest - how are my teeth?

Everybody else: They're your best teeth ever. Now put them away, you're starting to scare the children.

I'll get me coat...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
              I read somewhere that she wore it so much it eventually fell apart, but i could be wrong...
              that's what i heard too. she wore it for a year/year and a half and then it just fell apart
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                Hi I've been reading this thread for months, and I finally went and got myself an account.

Go SAM!! Best_character_ever!

I just dropped in to say:
                Caption for picture above:

Carter: OK I haven't seen anything like THAT before....

From, the Crazedturkey....
                To CrazyTurkey and all the other lurker extraordinaires out there...

Come Join The Fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  Yep, me too - we all get sucked in eventually!!! Welcome aboard, crazedturkey.

1s4S
                  LOL

It's our dark, deep secret at this thread ... we're really ...

A BLACK HOLE!!

Comment

Add A Caption:

OT: AstroG/CG...the number I have for Bridge is found at
                    http://www.bridgestudios.com/contact.html. You'll have to call
                    them for the gate number. I don't have that.
                    Darn it Daniel, I thought you said the colonel was asleep?
                    He was
                    well he's awake now. How are we supposed to sneak in after curfew with him watching us?
                    umm....got any c4?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Bit after the event, but...

Carter: Be honest - how are my teeth?

Everybody else: They're your best teeth ever. Now put them away, you're starting to scare the children.

I'll get me coat...
                      Tony, you're on a roll ... and the spinach is, indeed, gone!!

Comment

HEAR YE HEAR YE HEAR YE

SOME ROYAL GOOD NEWS

We have successfully placed an order with a local Vancouver florist for a "hot pink floral arrangement/basket" to be delivered to the Queen sometime today at the Bridge Studios. Along with the basket of fresh cut flowers, there should be a festive balloon announcing "Welcome Back" and a large, "hand-made" greeting card which should read:

Welcome Back, Amanda!
                        Here's to another Successful Season for Sam and SG1
                        Love and Best Wishes from your loyal fans at Gateworld Forum's SaGC: "Sam's a Great Character" Thread

At Astro's brilliant suggestion, I then included the URL so that Amanda can find us quickly and enjoy some of the posts and fans here if she finds time to do so!

I'm awaiting final confirmation of the above order as the flower shop is just about to open this morning on the west coast - the order was submitted directly online so they should be responding and creating the gift delivery as requested: same-day delivery. My thought is that, at the latest, the flowers get delivered tomorrow to the set. This is great because I do believe this is AT's very first week back to work. How appropriate that one of her most loyal fan bases should celebrate her return!

Thanks to all of you for your enthusiastic support of this idea and, now on to Astro's part of the project. Get your original artwork or poetry or whatever into Keeper by June deadline as she compiles a very special portfolio/sampling of "the world of Samanda" to be sent to AT later!

Yippee! SaGC rocks!

CG/Jester
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 10 May 2005, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Tony, you're on a roll ... and the spinach is, indeed, gone!!
                          Cheers, ChopinGal.

And of course, after my next session on the Royal Accountant's tastefully upholstered and fully customised Stargate Viewing Settee (tm), scheduled for this coming Saturday, I might actually start to understand what's going on!!!

1s4S

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            HEAR YE HEAR YE HEAR YE

SOME ROYAL GOOD NEWS

We have successfully placed an order with a local Vancouver florist for a "hot pink floral arrangement/basket" to be delivered to the Queen sometime today at the Bridge Studios. Along with the basket of fresh cut flowers, there should be a festive balloon announcing "Welcome Back" and a large, "hand-made" greeting card which should read:

Welcome Back, Amanda!
                            Here's to another Successful Season for Sam and SG1
                            Love and Best Wishes from your loyal fans at Gateworld Forum's SaGC: "Sam's a Great Character" Thread

At Astro's brilliant suggestion, I then included the URL so that Amanda can find us quickly and enjoy some of the posts and fans here if she finds time to do so!

I'm awaiting final confirmation of the above order as the flower shop is just about to open this morning on the west coast - the order was submitted directly online so they should be responding and creating the gift delivery as requested: same-day delivery. My thought is that, at the latest, the flowers get delivered tomorrow to the set. This is great because I do believe this is AT's very first week back to work. How appropriate that one of her most loyal fan bases should celebrate her return!

Thanks to all of you for your enthusiastic support of this idea and, now on to Astro's part of the project. Get your original artwork or poetry or whatever into Keeper by June deadline as she compiles a very special portfolio/sampling of "the world of Samanda" to be sent to AT later!

Yippee! SaGC rocks!

CG/Jester
                            Way cool! Thanks for taking the time and effort to arrange this, CG. It's wonderful to see an idea discussed, organized, and executed with such efficiency.

As for Astro's part of the project, I know that I have gotten many, many laughs from the picture/captions game. While some of them are "in-jokes" for the list, many of them would be quite funny to anyone with a sense of humor, I think. Would it be a worthwhile contribution to collect some of them for the project? If so, I'll see what I can put together...

Hugs,
                            Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Way cool! Thanks for taking the time and effort to arrange this, CG. It's wonderful to see an idea discussed, organized, and executed with such efficiency.

As for Astro's part of the project, I know that I have gotten many, many laughs from the picture/captions game. While some of them are "in-jokes" for the list, many of them would be quite funny to anyone with a sense of humor, I think. Would it be a worthwhile contribution to collect some of them for the project? If so, I'll see what I can put together...

Hugs,
                              Strix
                              You're welcome - it's been a labor of love! I feel like we've become bogged down recently because of missing AT/Sam and also feeling unsure of just what to expect of S9. So this seems to be a way to infuse fresh energy into the thread - by actually giving something to the actress from all of us.

Yes, I agree with you, Strix - some of the photocaps and the crazy captions should be included. AT has a delicious sense of humor - she should appreciate that kind of stuff. I hope you and Astro can work on this to bring it to fruition. (Eek - "fruition"?! Sorry, it's my high-falootin' teacher background - kinda sneaks out every once and awhile.)

Comment

Cheers, ChopinGal.

And of course, after my next session on the Royal Accountant's tastefully upholstered and fully customised Stargate Viewing Settee (tm), scheduled for this coming Saturday, I might actually start to understand what's going on!!!

1s4S

Methinks there should be a chaperone present for you two - I'd love to be a fly on the wall just to hear you two dish that famous Lancastrian humour and sarcasm back and forth. Of course, I'd probably not understand half of the idioms and maybe even your British accents (are you guys heavy with the Manchester dialect?) ... but it would be fun, nonetheless.

Tony, seriously, you fit right into our crazy world of Samanda - so glad Coley managed to drag you in! You and your knobblies!

And, when you start watching some of the excellent episodes, I think you will be just as hooked as the rest of us. It's kind of an addictive habit once you start.

Comment

Working...
                                X