• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

A Timely Announcement from the Royal Court of Samanda

Be of good cheer all ye citizens
    The Keeper and I are about to prepare a message and basket of cheer to be delivered to her royal highness shortly.

We do appreciate all your efforts to aid us but, in order to expedite with the least amount of trouble, Keeper and I shall handle the details and then report back to those of you who offered to recompensate our efforts if needed.

Be assured that I have just now located something quite unique in the way of a special commemoration for the Queen and am now pursuing the possibility of this being able to be shipped to Canada and the Bridge Studios.

Again, loyal citizens - do not feel left out - the card will be signed from *all* of the citizens of Samanda with an invitation to visit us whenever the Queen may be available, anonymously of course. We would be delighted beyond words should she decide to non-lurk and boldly post a message or two, but certainly understand that this would be highly improbable.

What is still needed is direct confirmation that AT has, indeed, returned to the studio on a daily basis. Does anyone have that kind of information?
    Jester
    I called the Stargate office and asked if Amanda was back at work this week, and according to the nice gentleman I spoke with she was indeed back at work today. I also spoke with a very helpful woman at Bridge Studios and she said inorder to make a floral delivery we just have them delivered to the Bridge Studio address. The florist will drop them off at the main gate and they will be delivered from there to Amanda. So hopefully that answers all of our questions, so now we can get this ball rollin'.

Kat
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 May 2005, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I came across a really old interview today that I thought was pretty interesting because AT was expressing directions she would like to see the show go. It's a shame they don't listen to this insightful woman more, she seems to be thinking exactly on the same wavelength as the many of us.

"I still think that I'd like to explore more of the relationships with the team members because they've sort of sectioned us off a little bit. I'm either with Jack, or I'm with Daniel whilst Jack and Teal'c go off and rage battle, but I don't have much of a relationship that's shown on screen with Teal'c and I'd like to explore that a bit further. What I'd really like to see occur more is that occasionally we get to have some fun as a team. It would be great to see the situation on-screen echo what happens on set." Speaking of the characters she says, "We've worked as a team now from two and a half years and you never see us laugh together or see us being goofy together and I'd love to see moments where we as people have that type of closeness."
      I would like to add further that I don't remember Sam EVER laughing. EVER.

Smile? Sure...all the time. Chuckle? Yeah, once or twice. But actually crack up? NEVER.

Someone please prove me wrong here...I'd love to see an episode where Sam cuts loose and has some real fun!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I called the Stargate office and asked if Amanda was back at work this week, and according to the nice gentleman I spoke with she was indeed back at work today. Also, I spoke with a very nice woman at Bridge Studios and she said to make a floral delivery we just have them delivered to the Bridge Studio address and the florist will drop them off at the gate and they will be delivered from there to Amanda. So hopefully that answers all of the necessary questions to get this ball rollin'.

Kat
        Great sleuthing, Kat. Thanks for reporting back to us.

Comment

I called the Stargate office and asked if Amanda was back at work this week, and according to the nice gentleman I spoke with she was indeed back at work today. I also spoke with a very helpful woman at Bridge Studios and she said inorder to make a floral delivery we just have them delivered to the Bridge Studio address. The florist will drop them off at the main gate and they will be delivered from there to Amanda. So hopefully that answers all of the necessary questions to get this ball rollin'.

Kat
          Well that's enough for me... Tell me to whom I should pitch the dough...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I called the Stargate office and asked if Amanda was back at work this week, and according to the nice gentleman I spoke with she was indeed back at work today. I also spoke with a very helpful woman at Bridge Studios and she said inorder to make a floral delivery we just have them delivered to the Bridge Studio address. The florist will drop them off at the main gate and they will be delivered from there to Amanda. So hopefully that answers all of our questions, so now we can get this ball rollin'.

Kat
            This is great. Thanks for doing that for us.

*chucks ££££££ at thread to help*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I would like to add further that I don't remember Sam EVER laughing. EVER.

Smile? Sure...all the time. Chuckle? Yeah, once or twice. But actually crack up? NEVER.

Someone please prove me wrong here...I'd love to see an episode where Sam cuts loose and has some real fun!
              Yeah, I've been noticing this a lot myself. In trying to find photos of Sam being hugged, I noticed that in most cases she's sad at the time. Finding photos of her smiling at all is pretty rare. It just doesn't seem like any of the characters are really 'happy'. Guess it's the whole saving the world every day job that puts a damper on things. It would be great to have one episode where they just kick back and have a blast. Heck I'd even enjoy watching Sam, Teal'c and Daniel locked in a room with nothing more than a can of helium to entertain them.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                This is great. Thanks for doing that for us.

*chucks ££££££ at thread to help*
                AAACK!!! NO FAIR!

Your ££££££ are more valuable than my $$$$$$!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Here's my two cents. We go for the flowers this week and then work on the longer project by designating one person as collector of said items. Keeper, would you be up to this task since you are the archivist of the group already?

A few of you have alread sent PMs about the contribution for flowers - not to worry - the rate of exchange is very favorable for the American dollar right now and I think four of us (Astro, Kat, Strix, and I) should be able to cover the flower delivery. The card will read from all of us at the thread - so you will not be left out if you're a citizen of Samanda.

Ruth and Kat and Strix, let's email tonight Monday or tomorrow Tuesday and work this all out.

CG
                  These are great ideas. And very generous of you to include all of us from the thread in the project. I really like the idea of welcoming her back with flowers now & sending a little packet of good wishes later. Knowing her, she'll wind up giving the flowers to the local hospital, but she'd know we're wishing her well. (Not that *I know* her--ha!--but from what I've read). She may need the boost later after being back *and* having the little one to take care of.

Comment

It would be great to have one episode where they just kick back and have a blast. Heck I'd even enjoy watching Sam, Teal'c and Daniel locked in a room with nothing more than a can of helium to entertain them.

Kat
                    Now *that* would be a sight! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      These are great ideas. And very generous of you to include all of us from the thread in the project. I really like the idea of welcoming her back with flowers now & sending a little packet of good wishes later. Knowing her, she'll wind up giving the flowers to the local hospital, but she'd know we're wishing her well. (Not that *I know* her--ha!--but from what I've read). She may need the boost later after being back *and* having the little one to take care of.
                      Including all of us on the thread is our main mission - Astro and I. That's what it's all about - to show Amanda that there is, indeed, a user-friendly place called Samanda which thinks the world of her and wants her to know that!

Kat, thanks for confirming that Sam has returned from her hiatus. Yippee! I'm toying between flowers and cake ... there is this "decadent chocolate cake" that's part of a tower of gifts ... but I also found a flower shop practically around the corner.

Will keep you all posted the next day or so and definitely share what gets sent from "all of us". Not to worry about the moolah - you can return the favor by bailing Keeper or Jester out of jail if they ever get in trouble!

More to come .... gosh, this is fun!

Comment

Hey ... just got an email from MajorSam ... she's dealing with RL right now.

CURSE YOU RL!!!

Anyway, she's in favor of the flowers and hopes to stop by again soon!

Comment

I have something I'd like to add to my Season 9 Sam wish list. I want to see Sam the cut up.

AT has a great sense of humor and I know that Carter has always been cast as the straight man to Jack's antics...but maybe here's a chance for her to break free and really turn the heads of those who see her as being so serious all the time...

Comment

K, thanks so much! and thanks to all those who have a) repped me and b) replied to my earlier post...it means a lot to me, thankyou.
                            Royal Page of Samanda
                            "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

A few more Sam-whumping stories:

Crimes of the Past by Celievamp
                              http://stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=473
                              (over 18, femslash)

Never Again by urdreamkeeper
                              http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...everagain.html
                              http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...veragain2.html
                              (over 18)

When All the Other Angels Fled by jo jo bruiser
                              http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/22/whenall2.html

The Price of Edora by Kimberly
                              http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch.../theprice.html
                              (pay attention to warnings)

It’s a Great Big World by iamdragonrider
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2145970/1/

My LJ

Comment

Sigh, it's 3AM here and my daughter is up with a fever and coughs so I find myself here instead of in bed in la-la land. I am SO going to pay for this dearly in the morning.

Anywho... figured I'd slap a photo up while I was here. I really liked this shot of Sam, though I had to do some editing to get rid of the guys behind her.

Guess that Episode or Add a Caption:
                                LOL - great pic, Kat!

Comment

Working...
                                X