No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could probably take your file, like what you printed out, and burn it on a cd and send it to her.

of course, you could also send her a note/letter with the address to this thread and let her know that if she ever wants to read it, she can come and read it quite anonymously

that way she can h ave her privacy and still know that the thread is here

course, folks in vancouver certainly know about this site and forum. martin gero plays here, joe mallozzi plays here. there is at least one actor who lurks here
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Hi Coley! First, you can bookmark (add to favorites) the web page so that you can easily go straight to that thread page when you are connected to the internet.

Second, you can save web pages (and thread pages) to your harddrive by:
      (the following directions are for Internet Explorer)
      1. Go to the 'File' menu at the top of the window browser
      2. Click on 'Save As'
      3. a window will pop-up asking you where you want to save it on your harddrive. Choose the folder that you want to save the file in.
      4. Name the webpage (or you can go with the default name, but if you save more than one thread page, you will need to do something to the names to make them different).
      5. Save the file (click on 'save')
      6. Disconnect from the internet
      7. Go to that folder that has the saved webpage in it
      The webpage file will have a .htm extension at the end
      You should also see a new folder with the same name as the saved web page (but with _files at the end of the folder name). This folder has the pics and stuff in it
      8. Double-click on the saved webpage file (the one with the .htm extension)
      9. Your computer should automatically open the web page for you... complete with almost all of the pics (I usually find that a few Gateworld icons don't come through, but most everything else is great).

You can also open the file while you are connected to the internet (it shouldn't make any difference) - but if it's the first time that you've saved a webpage, then it's a good idea to test the saved file while not connected (that way you know that your file that you are viewing now has to be on your harddrive).

If any of these instructions don't work, or don't make sense, send me an email

You're a star - many thanks I will try this tomorrow!!

Comment

Leather bound - wow, sounds great! When this thread was still a fledgling (months ago, at the beginning of the new year), I saved the first 2 thread pages and 1 more post (through post 41) into a Word document file - and then edited out the signature pics and GW headers and footers- and the file was still 43 pages long when printed! I then sent the printed document to AT care of Bridge Studios, along with a cover sheet telling her about this wonderful thread.

A few posts back, someone suggested that we print the thread, or save it in some electronic fashion (e.g., DVD) and present it to Amanda. I've been wracking my brain for an effective way to make that happen, but I haven't come up with the solution yet. Printing the thread would be unmanageable... it would be thousands of printed pages and too unwieldy.

DVD may be the answer, but I've never made a DVD (don't have a DVD burner - or any experience with DVD creation software)....

Hmmm... still thinking....

And - does anyone have confirmation that AT is back on the set? (I know that she was scheduled to be there by now, but the new baby - which arrived late - may have altered that original schedule). If she is back on the set, I like the idea of sending her some flowers welcoming her back.

Oh wow Astro you did that?! Brilliant!

I too like the idea of sending flowers. I like the idea of giving her a little posy of wild flowers in person even better! Red Campion. Bluebells, Cowslip, some wild grasses - would be nice - (shame it's illegal to pick wild flowers!)

G'Night everyone

Comment

Before we lose Samfan's wonderful pics amongst our other great posts,
          I went thread trolling and collected these all in one place
          Originally posted by SamFan31
          This report builds upon the lead provided by sg-1fanintn and previous sightings of suspected Sam activity and possessions (see the links below)….

Naquada Problems

Cute Copter

One of the Samanda cub reporters set upon the path to answer Astrog’s question “Where’s that Cartercopter?”

After much research and sleuthing about there was a sighting of our Sam! She is indeed on a mission that is concealed from us. Her extraordinary naquada enhancement of the Cartercopter has proven more successful than her wildest dreams.

Click here to view full-size pic

There is an unauthenticated report that this is just one of many far away sites she will visit before being called home. Journalistic ethics prevents the reporter from revealing sources of this scuttlebutt.

For more details on this amazing actual aircraft visit the following site.

Cartercopters
          We’ve had another Sam sighting! She is out there and she’s spreading her wings to visit old friends.

Sam believes her copter is a great vehicular transportation device.

To view the full-size pic, click here

The sentiment above is paraphrased from an AT remark on the Red Sky DVD audio commentary. NC, your audio clips inspired me! Many thanks for your kind comments on the Cartercopter Alpha Site Landing manip - DeepSpace, tara3583, Astrog, ChopinGal, SG-1fanintn and Sally. I apologize if I missed any names…

I wonder where she will show up next?
          Sam decides it’s time to see if her new naquadah enhanced copter meets the supreme test.

Click here to view the full size pic: Demo Flight
          Continuing the saga of Sam and her Carter’s Copter adventures…

Sam has spent so much time zipping here and there in her new copter that she realized it was time to do some maintenance chores on her highly advanced and complex craft.

She has spent several long days in the test pit working on the copter and she is tired, very tired. But she has friends to support and cheer her on. Thor transported a treasured possession to help her feel more at home during these days of manual labor.

Maintenance pic - For full size pic, click here
          We’ve had another Carter’s Copter sighting. Sam successfully completed the maintenance chores on the copter and is pleased with the results. She feels the copter is ready for a stress test, so she embarks on a highflying journey. Thanks to time-lapse photography we get a glimpse of her piloting skills and physical stamina.

Warning! Don’t look at this pic if you have a headache or aren’t wearing your glasses!! Time-lapse photography can be hazardous to your health…

Loop - click here for full size image
          Even larger version of Loop
          Guess who was seen recently? None other than the Copter Lady!

Sam has been tirelessly fine-tuning, testing, and flying her naquadah enhanced copter. She decided she needed some time off after all her challenging tasks. So, today is a holiday. Sam is having fun and doing what she loves.

Cruising (medium size 640x480)

Cruising (large size 1024x768)
          Samfan - these pics are so much fun! Thanks for creating and posting them for us

So... where are Sam and the Cartercopter going next?

I thought AD’s suggestion of trying an F-302 version of one of the copter pics was a great idea. So here it is, and my goodness, that bird has a HUGE wing span!

F-302 Medium Size (800x600)
          F-302 Large Size (1024x768)
          Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 May 2005, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I don't have much time, but I wanted to wish all the mothers on this thread (and in GW) a very Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

of course, you could also send her a note/letter with the address to this thread and let her know that if she ever wants to read it, she can come and read it quite anonymously

that way she can h ave her privacy and still know that the thread is here
              Maybe we could ask MajorSam to do this for us. Isn't she the one who has had some contact with AT in the past?

Comment

Samfan - these pics are so much fun! Thanks for creating and posting them for us

Astrog, thanks so much for posting all the pics in one place! I appreciate it. Rumour has it that she has completed the work in the test pit and is about to sally forth (love that term!) and experience new adventures....

Comment

Spending some time in my role as Royal Archivist today, I have trolled the thread pages for editions and posts of Coley's 'Oh Yea We Say Times' - the Royal Newspaper of the Court of Samanda. I found the following

THE OH YEA WE SAY TIMES (A top shelf gallus bossom publication) Thread page post 1471

OH YEA WE SAY TIMES - SPECIAL GALA EDITION Thread page 125 post 2485 and post 2486
                  (Written by Coley Edited by ChopinGal)

Oh Yea Times Special Thread page 145 post 2894

News Report Thread page 153 post 3057

Oh Yea Times Thread page 299 post 5961 Written by Coley and Contributions from ChopinGal. Edited, and wisely censored by ChopinGal

Oh Yea Times Newsflash – Samandan Radio: Thread page 324 post 6470

Oh Yea Times, May 2005 Thread page 369 post 7368
                  Brought to you from the RA's armchair
                  Contributions by ChopinGal
                  Edited by ChopinGal

To both Coley and Chopingal - I can't thank the two of you enough for your literary wit and humor - and the time that you spent putting these posts together for us all to read and enjoy! Thanks so much!

-And, if I missed any editions of the Royal 'Oh Yea We Say Times' in my index above, please send me the post #'s and I will add links to them in the list above
                  Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 May 2005, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I have only one thing to say......WOW!

OK, two.....AMAZING!!

Gee, three, you are TERRIFIC!!!

Edit: Um, what happened to the pics????
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

And for my final duties today as Royal Archivist, I have edited the Ultimate Sam Summary Poll post so that it includes links to
                      -Deepspace's ongoing Tale Of The Lost Elder (links thanks to NC)
                      -The Oh Yea We Say Times - Coley's Royal Samandan Newspaper
                      -Samfan31's Cartercopter pics and posts
                      -ForeverSG-1's Sam photo Gallery

To check out the updated Ultimate Sam post click here
                      The links mentioned above are at the bottom of the post.

This Ultimate Sam post on page 277 has been working pretty well as a summary/index post of links... but I just reached the 12000 character limit... and had to do some creative editing to get the new links in. It looks like I'll have to create an Ultimate Sam Post #2 as we add more wonderful Sam stuff on our thread! Kudos to all who have participated and added things to this great thread!

Uber - do you have a link that folks can use to view all of the wonderful pics that you have created...hmmm... you probably want to wait on that a few more weeks, right
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 May 2005, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        I don't have much time, but I wanted to wish all the mothers on this thread (and in GW) a very Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

Great pic, Lida! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

Here's a great website to check out for Sam-fans

The Sam Friendly Zone by Skydiver, Jara Dax, Splash_the_cat and others

Lots of great Sam Friendly banners.. like these:

Comment

Happy Mother's Day! to Amanda and all of her fans who bear the special badge of honor that comes with being a terrific mom!

PS: Love the Sam Friendly Zone banners.

Comment

Spending some time in my role as Royal Archivist today, I have trolled the thread pages for editions and posts of Coley's 'Oh Yea We Say Times' - the Royal Newspaper of the Court of Samanda. I found the following

THE OH YEA WE SAY TIMES (A top shelf gallus bossom publication) Thread page post 1471

OH YEA WE SAY TIMES - SPECIAL GALA EDITION Thread page 125 post 2485 and post 2486
                              (Written by Coley Edited by ChopinGal)

Oh Yea Times Special Thread page 145 post 2894

News Report Thread page 153 post 3057

Oh Yea Times Thread page 299 post 5961 Written by Coley and Contributions from ChopinGal. Edited, and wisely censored by ChopinGal

Oh Yea Times Newsflash – Samandan Radio: Thread page 324 post 6470

To both Coley and Chopingal - I can't thank the two of you enough for your literary wit and humor - and the time that you spent putting these posts together for us all to read and enjoy! Thanks so much!

-And, if I missed any editions of the Royal 'Oh Yea We Say Times' in my index above, please send me the post #'s and I will add links to them in the list above
                              Astro, you're amazing! Where do you find the time to do all this? No term papers to correct?! hehehehe

Thanks so much!

Comment

Leather bound - wow, sounds great! When this thread was still a fledgling (months ago, at the beginning of the new year), I saved the first 2 thread pages and 1 more post (through post 41) into a Word document file - and then edited out the signature pics and GW headers and footers- and the file was still 43 pages long when printed! I then sent the printed document to AT care of Bridge Studios, along with a cover sheet telling her about this wonderful thread.

A few posts back, someone suggested that we print the thread, or save it in some electronic fashion (e.g., DVD) and present it to Amanda. I've been wracking my brain for an effective way to make that happen, but I haven't come up with the solution yet. Printing the thread would be unmanageable... it would be thousands of printed pages and too unwieldy.

DVD may be the answer, but I've never made a DVD (don't have a DVD burner - or any experience with DVD creation software)....

Hmmm... still thinking....

And - does anyone have confirmation that AT is back on the set? (I know that she was scheduled to be there by now, but the new baby - which arrived late - may have altered that original schedule). If she is back on the set, I like the idea of sending her some flowers welcoming her back.
                                It is possible to save each page (with multiple posts) as an htm file. These could be burned to a CD. Of course, someone would have to burn 334 files at this point in order to get them all, which could be quite time consuming...

I'd be willing to chip in for some flowers. If there's enough interest, maybe we could do a paypal thing? Not that I have any idea how that would actually work...

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X