Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I don't quite remember who asked for this, my apologies. However, I do remember someone asking for a hug collage; so I went searching for photos with Sam hugging or being hugged and here is what I came up with. I did find two photos, one with her hugging her brother and one where she is hugging the girl goodbye in 1969(can't remember her name), but they didn't seem to fit well so I decided not to use them. I'm also sure there are more photos of Sam hugging her dad, but I didn't want it to be just a Sam and Dad collage. I'll save that for the next one.

So Much More Than Words
    Kat

Brilliant - thanks Forever

Comment

To help celebrate hearth and home, the Bureau of Family Policy is releasing some official statements made on the nature of kinship ...

Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. Evan Esar

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. Ogden Nash

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family ... in another city. George Burns

My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one. Groucho Marx

Mother, food, love, and career - the four major guilt groups. Cathy Guiswite

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. Calvin Trillin

God could not be everywhere, so S/He created mothers. Leopold Kompert

Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 May 2005, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        After many, many, many days of not keeping track of the GW forums, Spaz happens upon a rather well-known road to a town known as Samanda. She can't keep track of all of the posts, of course, because finals are kicking her butt. Nevertheless, it's Saturday, and she finds herself here again...

"Hey guys!"

*She ducks just in time as fifty posts fly by her at the speed of light.*

"Whoa... That was close - ah!"

*Again, she jumps out of the way as another "Guess The Ep-Add A Quote" pic is posted in record time.*

"Hey, uh... I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a nice weekend... Thought I'd catch up on some past convos, but that seems quite impossible... Maybe next week after school is out? OK... Cool...

OK, so real question: Did Samo ever go into what AT said about the whole acting process? I know there's... something... I just don't know if it was discussed. I know that many posts were made about what she said in audio commentary, but I wasn't sure if Samo received any inside info in regards to that. The whole "getting into character, knowing your character, being your character" issue interests me a lot, and AT does seem kinda method, so I was just wondering.

Eeeee Spaz - you should dance around the thread more often. It is nice to hear from you!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          To help celebrate hearth and home, the Bureau of Family Policy is releasing some official statements made on the nature of kinship ...

Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. Evan Esar

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. Ogden Nash

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family ... in another city. George Burns

My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one. Groucho Marx

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. Calvin Trillin

Brilliant post ChopinGal

Now do the words MARKING and HEADTRIP hold any meaning for you?!!!

Comment

A very big happy mother's day to all you mothers on the thread. Enjoy!!

Comment

Right, my dependent (lug of a mutt Hugo) needs a walk
              Enjoy your sunday posting everyone!

Comment

After many, many, many days of not keeping track of the GW forums, Spaz happens upon a rather well-known road to a town known as Samanda. She can't keep track of all of the posts, of course, because finals are kicking her butt. Nevertheless, it's Saturday, and she finds herself here again...

"Hey guys!"

[COLOR=Navy]*She ducks just in time as fifty posts fly by her at the speed of light.*

*Again, she jumps out of the way as another "Guess The Ep-Add A Quote" pic is posted in record time.*
                ROTFLOL!
                Royal Blue Jello has been known to increase exam scores...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  I enjoyed listening to AT do the commentary for this episode.

When they got to this scene she talked about how there was an ant hill were she was laying.

When they got to the scene were she was drinking the water they talked about how there were pollywogs in the water

Then they talked about how close the flame effect from the shooting was to her in this scene

I really enjoy the commentaries that AT does because they are informative and funny. Death Knell is done with Peter DeLuise. My favorite is when AT does them with Martin Wood.
                  Am currently banned from the green jello supply, so I'll just have to fall back on the stock of Royal Blue

Great post, tsaxlady

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                    *checks out number of post since she's been away* Holy Hannah!!! Not even going to try and catch up with all those! I haven't been on the boards for about two weeks...everythings been crazy. This man who's been more of a father to me than my own had a heart attack - he's okay now thank God, but I guess it really made me appreciate the whole Sam/Jacob thing and what it might feel like to lose someone who means that much to you. My own father and i have never really gotten along, and methinks it's time to mend some bridges!
                    Then last friday my friend Brooke gave birth to her firstborn, a gorgeous, perfect little boy who sadly never took a breath. I just pray for all mother's, and Amanda especially that she never has to suffer the loss of her daughter and that Olivia grows up healthy and happy. To top it all off, I'm preparing to leave a show (yes, I'm theatre chick) I've been doing since I was eleven (I'm now about to turn 18) and had to announce it to the rest of the cast on saturday - these people are like my family, so it's all been very emotional.
                    ((((Charlie)))) - and my heart goes out to your friend Brooke!
                    Originally posted by Charlie
                    Throughout this crazy time I've been trying to deal with these emotions - loss and grief and whatever else - that are so new to me. And for some strange reason the person I've looked to as a role model, to find out how to cope and how to behave is the character of Sam character. Make-believe or no, I've spent the last eight years watching her and wanting to be like her. I now find myself thinking 'what would Sam do?' and looking at her experiences of loss (losing Janet, Jacob, dealing with the thought of Cassie dying etc) and her brushes with death. Her tears, her losses, her grief....and her courage, determination, resolve and sheer force of will throughout the worst experiences of her life have been inspiring and have helped me keep going. I keep saying to myself 'be strong, be like Sam'. And when I'm out with other people and the last thing I feel like doing is smiling I say to myself 'be like Amanda, do what she would do.'
                    If this is the effect that an actress can have, both by being herself and by playing an amazing character with enough conviction and humanity to make it seem real, then maybe more people should watch tv! Sorry, I know this is sort of rambling and not particularly articulate - but I felt I had to say something to someone or I'd burst!
                    I love the way that you stated that, Charlie:
                    "by playing an amazing character with enough
                    conviction and humanity to make it seem real
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                      Astro, this is just a fantastic job - complete with all the links, clips and captures. You are awesome for doing this. I have just lost myself for a while re reading everyone's comments - I think everyone did the poll proud.

Now is there any way it can be stored for easy access. Can I download it with all the highlights and pictures to my computer - help all you technophiles!!
                      Hi Coley! First, you can bookmark (add to favorites) the web page so that you can easily go straight to that thread page when you are connected to the internet.

Second, you can save web pages (and thread pages) to your harddrive by:
                      (the following directions are for Internet Explorer)
                      1. Go to the 'File' menu at the top of the window browser
                      2. Click on 'Save As'
                      3. a window will pop-up asking you where you want to save it on your harddrive. Choose the folder that you want to save the file in.
                      4. Name the webpage (or you can go with the default name, but if you save more than one thread page, you will need to do something to the names to make them different).
                      5. Save the file (click on 'save')
                      6. Disconnect from the internet
                      7. Go to that folder that has the saved webpage in it
                      The webpage file will have a .htm extension at the end
                      You should also see a new folder with the same name as the saved web page (but with _files at the end of the folder name). This folder has the pics and stuff in it
                      8. Double-click on the saved webpage file (the one with the .htm extension)
                      9. Your computer should automatically open the web page for you... complete with almost all of the pics (I usually find that a few Gateworld icons don't come through, but most everything else is great).

You can also open the file while you are connected to the internet (it shouldn't make any difference) - but if it's the first time that you've saved a webpage, then it's a good idea to test the saved file while not connected (that way you know that your file that you are viewing now has to be on your harddrive).

If any of these instructions don't work, or don't make sense, send me an email

Comment

... I am apparently still in the 'children' category!

disturbing image...

[I]Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family ... in another city.[/I] George Burns

LOL!

Yikes!

Chopin, I am still banned from the green jello fridge, so here's some well-deserved Royal Blue!

Thanks so much for such wonderful posts!

Comment

"Hey guys!"

*She ducks just in time as fifty posts fly by her at the speed of light.*

"Hey, uh... I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a nice weekend... Thought I'd catch up on some past convos, but that seems quite impossible... Maybe next week after school is out? OK... Cool...
                          It's a bird, it's a plane ... faster than a speeding bullet ... it's ...

SAMANDA SUPER THREAD

Here's a scary thought - you're in the midst of finals ... and a few of us Samandans are teachers and correcting and grading term papers and tests this week. Ha - you just never know - we may be grading some of yours!

Good thing we all have hidden identities, huh?!
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 May 2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Hi Coley! First, you can bookmark (add to favorites) the web page so that you can easily go straight to that thread page when you are connected to the internet.

Second, you can save web pages (and thread pages) to your harddrive by:
                            (the following directions are for Internet Explorer)
                            1. Go to the 'File' menu at the top of the window browser
                            2. Click on 'Save As'
                            3. a window will pop-up asking you where you want to save it on your harddrive. Choose the folder that you want to save the file in.
                            4. Name the webpage (or you can go with the default name, but if you save more than one thread page, you will need to do something to the names to make them different).
                            5. Save the file (click on 'save')
                            6. Disconnect from the internet
                            7. Go to that folder that has the saved webpage in it
                            The webpage file will have a .htm extension at the end
                            You should also see a new folder with the same name as the saved web page (but with _files at the end of the folder name). This folder has the pics and stuff in it
                            8. Double-click on the saved webpage file (the one with the .htm extension)
                            9. Your computer should automatically open the web page for you... complete with almost all of the pics (I usually find that a few Gateworld icons don't come through, but most everything else is great).

You can also open the file while you are connected to the internet (it shouldn't make any difference) - but if it's the first time that you've saved a webpage, then it's a good idea to test the saved file while not connected (that way you know that your file that you are viewing now has to be on your harddrive).

If any of these instructions don't work, or don't make sense, send me an email
                            Astro, thanks for the instructions. It worked as advertised. Now I can create one of those leather bound books with all your great stuff inside!

Comment

Hugs are huge! Sometimes even better than a kiss 'cause you can hold on longer than locking lips ... talking friendship here, not passion.

This is a great collage but I'm stumped on the second-from-the-right bottom pic. Who is that? Janet? And from which episode?
                              That's Cassie in In the Line of Duty when Sam goes to see her at the hospital and Cassie realizes that she's a gou'ald. Though I've always wondered why Cassie noticed Sam had a gou'ald but Teal'c didn't.

Kat

Edit: Oops I see now I was much too slow in my answering. LOL. Charlie beat me to the punch line so to speak.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 08 May 2005, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Astro, thanks for the instructions. It worked as advertised. Now I can create one of those leather bound books with all your great stuff inside!
                                Leather bound - wow, sounds great! When this thread was still a fledgling (months ago, at the beginning of the new year), I saved the first 2 thread pages and 1 more post (through post 41) into a Word document file - and then edited out the signature pics and GW headers and footers- and the file was still 43 pages long when printed! I then sent the printed document to AT care of Bridge Studios, along with a cover sheet telling her about this wonderful thread.

A few posts back, someone suggested that we print the thread, or save it in some electronic fashion (e.g., DVD) and present it to Amanda. I've been wracking my brain for an effective way to make that happen, but I haven't come up with the solution yet. Printing the thread would be unmanageable... it would be thousands of printed pages and too unwieldy.

DVD may be the answer, but I've never made a DVD (don't have a DVD burner - or any experience with DVD creation software)....

Hmmm... still thinking....

And - does anyone have confirmation that AT is back on the set? (I know that she was scheduled to be there by now, but the new baby - which arrived late - may have altered that original schedule). If she is back on the set, I like the idea of sending her some flowers welcoming her back.

Comment

Working...
                                X