X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    they're added

and yeah, i'd love to see some more about sam and jolinar
    Thank you, thank you, thank you ... you can pick the pub!

Comment

I've been reading a lot of posts and not to negate anyones opinion, but I thought Gemini was great. I loved AT. It takes real talent to be able to look at the same character in two completly different ways. And to be able to play it believably is another story altogether. I thought Gemini was outstanding, one of the best of Season 8. But looking at the poll at GW, more people thought it was "Good Show". Gemini was great!

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
      -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Comment

Decided to add a vote in for Fire and Water, that scene where MacKenzie has Sam under hyponsis is a great scene.

Comment

My top Carter episodes are Singularity, Solitudes, and Enigma.

I really do like Sam in Hathor too, but I could only pick three! I actually like her in Fire and Water too, oh and a few others. Season 1 is a good season for Sam!

I chose Singularity because we see Sam's compassion and strength in this one. This is one of the few episodes that brings tears to my eyes. The elevator scene going down, and going up, and the last scenes with Cassie were incredible. She had a hunch that Cassie would not die, but she took an enormous risk by staying with her. But Sam would do this---she would sacrifice herself in this situation. I also like Sam's expression of anger in this one. AT played a range of emotions so well.

I chose Solitudes because Sam expresses fear and resolve at the same time. She is frightfully aware of the dire situation and she is worried!, yet at the same time she shows utter determination to get them out of there. She doesn't quit. She is also tender to Jack when she pretends to be Sara near the end with "I'm here, Jack."

I also chose Enigma because Sam shows how unassuming she really is---She has no clue about how attractive she is, and I like that characteristic. I like her comment to Narim: "oh, You'll forget about me in a heartbeat."

Comment

My top carter episodes are the ones that are over.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Hi Choc! Something tells me that the writers have shelved the Jolinar arc - put it up there right next to Cassie and whatever happened to her ...

Actually, I think there are some good fanfics that address the Jolinar connection with Sam ... AstroG may have a better recall of the names of the stories. I know I've read a couple in the past.

I loved In the Line of Duty and the whole Tok'ra arc which brought Jacob in as her dad ... wish we could have more of that again. Sigh!

LOL ... hey, social science can be fun and exciting ... do you publish in journals?!
              Hi ChopinGal,

yes I also loved In the Line of Duty---We need more storylines with Sam and Jacob too! Some mission that they go on together...

Yes, I teach at a University and publish in sociology journals. I am in a publish or perish situation, but fortunately have tenure. My main goal concerning publishing is to publish as much as I can with graduate students. I love teaching both undergrad and grad students.

I recall you mentioning something about your students. Are you a teacher as well?

I appreciate all the wonderful fanfic from those of you who write it. I would not be good at it at all, but fortunately you all are and I get to enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by major_flaming_toaster
                I've been reading a lot of posts and not to negate anyones opinion, but I thought Gemini was great. I loved AT. It takes real talent to be able to look at the same character in two completly different ways. And to be able to play it believably is another story altogether. I thought Gemini was outstanding, one of the best of Season 8. But looking at the poll at GW, more people thought it was "Good Show". Gemini was great!

gemini may not have shown sam in the best light, but it was a great eps in the fact that the SFX were seamless, the two versions of carter were alike, yet astonishingly different and it opened up a whole different avenue for Sam

death knell, gemini, new order, reckoning

Spoiler:

sam has never faced her dark side. She's never been pushed to the breaking point. she's never, really, been in a situation where 'them or me' sets in. Death knell was close, but in death knell she knew rescue would come. she just needed to evade the kull warrior until it got there.

since sam has never faced her demon, she underestimated it. No one wants to consider that there's a cold blooded manipulative murderer residing inside them

i mean, for those of you that have seen it, consider what she did in reckoning. that was cold blooded!

I do think also, this gives us a glimpse into just how much fifth messed her up. i'm willing to bet she told the boys that she didn't remember what he did to her. but she had to. his torture wouldn't have had much of an impresson had she not recalled it

and it's only been 4 months since that happened

Gemini also needed to end the way it did. they needed to get RC into the universe, they needed to negate jack's super gun.

gemini accomplished just that and it served its purpose
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sam has never faced her dark side. She's never been pushed to the breaking point. she's never, really, been in a situation where 'them or me' sets in. Death knell was close, but in death knell she knew rescue would come. she just needed to evade the kull warrior until it got there.

since sam has never faced her demon, she underestimated it. No one wants to consider that there's a cold blooded manipulative murderer residing inside them

i mean, for those of you that have seen it, consider what she did in reckoning. that was cold blooded!

I do think also, this gives us a glimpse into just how much fifth messed her up. i'm willing to bet she told the boys that she didn't remember what he did to her. but she had to. his torture wouldn't have had much of an impresson had she not recalled it

Gemini also needed to end the way it did. they needed to get RC into the universe, they needed to negate jack's super gun.

Spoilers for Reckoning:
                  Spoiler:
                  I haven't seen Reckoning (and the transcripts are not up at the Stargate Transcript website yet)... but above you said 'i mean, for those of you that have seen it, consider what she did in reckoning. that was cold blooded!' - Which 'she' were you referring to - Sam or Replicarter?

Comment

spoilers for s7's death knell

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Actually, she was probably suffering from PTS (post-traumatic stress) at that point considering all she had been through. That's why her look of resignation when the Super Soldier rises from the earth seems important to me. I know AstroG and some others see it differently. But I thought that closeup of Sam's face and that moment was very powerful - it wasn't giving up so much as letting go and knowing that she did all she could to survive and it just wasn't enough. She was looking death in the face at that moment and preparing to die. How many soldiers come to that moment of truth on the battlefield? We'll never know because most don't live to tell us. Sam got her second chance when Teal'c and Jack appeared.

Again, IMHO, that look of resignation was very powerful. I liked that scene and didn't feel it was too contrived or "over the top".

CG
                    First of all, I totally agree with your assessments. I really like the way you stated them, too.

I didn't feel that it was out of character for Sam to give up or let go (or your perfectly stated 'resignation'), I just didn't like seeing it. Sam really thought she was going to die right then, so that would have been THE last moment of her life we were seeing... just talking about it bothers me. I, too, thought that moment was powerful, to the point of haunting me actually. If that had been her last moment, what was going through her mind? I think, like you said, she was suffering from PTS, but was also so totally physically wiped out that she was running on reserves. She did have a last burst of energy, though, when Teal'c and Jack showed up, but... it all comes back to seeing her last ever moments of consciousness and life... and that bothers me a lot. And that's all because of Amanda's superb performance.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major_flaming_toaster
                      Hi Major_flaming_toaster,
                      I'm sure that Gemini will be in the top 3 when we get to the Season 8 Best Carter Episodes Poll... if not the top Carter episode of Season 8. We haven't seen the rest of Season 8 yet, but I don't think any of them are going to feature Carter with the same emphasis.

And I think there have been a lot of constructive and positive comments on this thread about Gemini.
                      Here's a post from last week
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 29 January 2005, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        (Highlight below to read):

Geez, Skydiver, after reading your spoilers, you've got me even more excited about Reckoning. What, another month to wait?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          Spoilers for Reckoning:
                          Spoiler:
                          I haven't seen Reckoning (and the transcripts are not up at the Stargate Transcript website yet)... but above you said 'i mean, for those of you that have seen it, consider what she did in reckoning. that was cold blooded!' - Which 'she' were you referring to - Sam or Replicarter?

reckoning
                          Spoiler:
                          i was referring to RC

she does something that you just don't expect and it's very cold blooded

sigpic

Comment

so i need to add another hathor and solitudes???

and yes, i can edit votes although with as many folks that are voting, i don't really want to spend my whole week doing it
                            Will you add my Emancipation and Singularity then, Denise?

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Geez, Skydiver, after reading your spoilers, you've got me even more excited about Reckoning. What, another month to wait?
                              i know, it sucks

but on the upside, we get 'good to be king' next week and it's a great episode. sam in command, jack off world, harry, ship, oh excuse me A ship ....what more could a person ask for???

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                Will you add my Emancipation and Singularity then, Denise?

Sally
                                done

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X