And herewith dare I to propose
    Come join us here in the States
    So we can talk about the Gate

You and hound can find safe haven
    Settle as a Berkshire maiden
    Bike the hills and sunny vales
    And stay on thread with cheery tales

* a new word perhaps to describe the here-and-now of Coley's thinking
    LOL - great poem, Chopingal! You have a poetic talent that I find amazing! And... I love the coining of new words!

The Jester is definitely deserving of some of the *special* stock of Royal Blue Jello

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      how about another one of those dating questions?

ok, let's say that sam has a 'guilty pleasure' tv show. something that she tapes and watches but wouldn't necessarily like to admit that she tapes and watches. (kinda like the Simpsons for Jack)

what show would be sam's 'guilty pleasure'?
      Sam programs her computer and DVD recorder to tape the following:

Startrek Enterprise: where she makes fun of their technology and psuedoscience

Battlestar Galactica: Where she roots for Starbuck to kick major alien/Cylon butt

Survivor: She doesn't deign to explain

Comment

ok, let's say that sam has a 'guilty pleasure' tv show. something that she tapes and watches but wouldn't necessarily like to admit that she tapes and watches. (kinda like the Simpsons for Jack)

she watches Lost.

she has a strange affinity for the characters Jack (loves his name) and Sawyer (loves the bad-boy image).

it's not that she's ashamed that she watches this show, it's that she's embarrassed to admit she's so into a TV SHOW. she's also started talking to fellow Lost fans on her computer, and started reading fanfiction for it, and... she's NOT going to be mentioning this to her team mates.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam watches MacGyver and pines for Angus secretly

Comment

i'm going to be gone till late monday night, and even then, i might not be able to pop in here. so, as my parting gift, i give you a pic to caption.

check out their wonderful facial expressions and have fun!

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i'm going to be gone till late monday night, and even then, i might not be able to pop in here. so, as my parting gift, i give you a pic to caption.

sally

I can't decide if I like the new haircut...

Comment

Well, here it is. My 1000th post on GW and I knew I'd have to post it here on this the SAGC thread.

I wondered what special Sam insight I could share with you or what kind of wisdom I could impart to my fellow Samandans on this most auspicious occasion.

And after a great deal of thought...

...hmm...

...nope.

I got nothing.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Well, here it is. My 1000th post on GW and I knew I'd have to post it here on this the SAGC thread.

I wondered what special Sam insight I could share with you or what kind of wisdom I could impart to my fellow Samandans on this most auspicious occasion.

...hmm...

...nope.

I got nothing.
                  Congratulations on the big 1000!! Glad you decided to post it here.

Comment

S: Sir, I think the planet is exploding....

J: Mmmm hmm...

sigpic

Comment

sally

Jack, deep in thought: I wonder if there's an olive green thong bikini hidden under those BDUs? Such a waste of camouflage ...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

...hmm...

...nope.

I got nothing.
                        Nothing [NUTH-ing] n. no thing, not anything, nought.
                        Void n. an empty space.

I beg to disagree, Uber ... your wisdom is quite the thing and it helped to fill a void with many of your 1000 posts here in Samanda.

And, speaking of The Void, it's an Amanda movie!

Congratulations and a royal bean, please, for a personal milestone!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 May 2005, 04:34 AM.

Comment

A few pages back, Kat posted this live-chat transcript done with AT in 2004. I actually was a part of the group of fans online in real time while this was going on - it was a frantic event and the mods did a great job in trying to keep everybody happy and the questions moving. Amanda stayed on quite long and seemed to really appreciate the fans' interest and the questions themselves. Re-reading the transcript brought it all back to me. It was fun for everyone.

I got to thinking about what AT said, quite spontaneously, about how she sees Sam Carter and the direction she'd like Sam to go. So let me extract part of the interview above for further discussion:

Fan: ... where do you think Sam Carter would like her career to go? If she had to choose between being a scientist or moving up in the USAF, which do you think she'd prefer?

AT: I think Sam would always choose science, as that's her real passion. She's very loyal to the military but science is what drives this woman.

Fan: Is there anything you'd like to see Sam do before the show ends?

AT: omg, yes! a million things!! Scientifically discover something that has life-altering effects. It sort of sounds egomaniacal, but for her to come up with the ultimate discovery that would change the world. I'd like to see her find true happiness and I really want her to go fishing with Jack.

I have my own theory of how this may happen ... the scientist in Sam saving the day ...

Spoiler:
                          They are starting to reveal the cliffhanger episode for S9 which is entitled The Fourth Horseman. A plague will appear on Earth and TPTB are trying to sign up Sean Patrick Flannery to return as Orlin. We would have Sam, as scientist, working frantically with Orlin to literally save the world. Maybe the writers are actually listening to her and preparing a script where she does make a great scientific breakthrough for the good of humanity. And a two-parter yet! Wouldn't that be terrific?!

It seems that the writers listened about AT's wishes to find true happiness and go fishing with Jack, even though the first part (a boyfriend) never seemed to have the intended effect. Still, we did get to see Sam up front and personal. (I know I'm going to regret using this exact term. AD and Carterslave and Strix - behave yourselves!)

Let's hope that all of Amanda's secret wishes for Sam do come true!
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 May 2005, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            But it's SG1, not the 3 Stooges + Teal'c, and I think that TPTB realize that all slapstick all the time won't sell.

NC

if you say so. I dont' have quite as much trust in them. slapstick is easy,and when the boys are trying to do twice the work in half the time, easy is the, well, easy way out
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think she watches

desperate housewives for the silliness

nova and nature for the mind relaxing nature of it

ncis cause she's got the hots for mark harmon

and occasionally the history channel just to get one over on daniel
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Guess this episode or add a caption!
                                Sam: "Her name is Skydiver and she comes from a place called Samanda."

Teal'c: "Indeed, it is most unfortunate that I used the zatnickatel upon her before asking further questions. I assumed that she was a potential threat."

Sam: "I know what you mean by 'acting suspicious'. She seemed to really be staring at the both of us and, when she started laughing hysterically, I really thought she was losing it. How could we have known that she was reaching into her pocket for a fanfic outline and not a weapon?"

Teal'c: "The content of this fanfic does, indeed, seem to be quite provocative. This woman may be more dangerous than we first presumed."

Sam: "Hey T, what are you doing Saturday night? Wanna hang out at my place and finish reading this story?"

Comment

Working...
                                X