Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Don't get too down Coley...season 8 starts to pick up a bit after PU.
    It doesn't quite end with the bang I had been hoping for, but the second half of the season was much better than the first. It must take the writers a bit more time to clear the cobwebs out of their heads after the long hiatus as the seasons go on. Hopefully they'll be back into the full swing of things by the 6th episode and Sam come back ready to kick some Orii butts.

Kat
    I think PU was pretty poorly written & CB was not well served by the script. Here we finally had an off-world episode and this was all they could come up with? Her character does have potential though, I think, & CB & BB sound like they're in the spirit of the show from the interviews I've read. I'm hopeful that the first 6 episodes will be good. But I'm hoping Sam comes back with a bang. So it's not just waiting til July--but more like August. Argh.

Comment

I was kind of surprised that AT was nominated for the Saturn (and WON--as it should be) as "supporting actress." Considering she's the only regular woman cast member isn't she more of a lead actress? I suppose since it's "starring" RDA & then the rest of the team in the credits, she, CJ & MS are all supporting. Wonder if that would change for next year with no RDA?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I think PU was pretty poorly written & CB was not well served by the script. Here we finally had an off-world episode and this was all they could come up with? Her character does have potential though, I think, & CB & BB sound like they're in the spirit of the show from the interviews I've read. I'm hopeful that the first 6 episodes will be good. But I'm hoping Sam comes back with a bang. So it's not just waiting til July--but more like August. Argh.
        I'm one of the few people here who didn't totally hate PU...I hated the Sam-shaped void in the episode of course...but thought the story opened the door to an intriguing character with questionable motives and a vague backstory.

SEASON 9 SPOILERS>>>

As much as I'll dislike not seeing Sam for several eps and detest seeing that outfit on Claudia Black (please PTB, PLEASE don't degrade my favorite show with worthless sexual hype), I'll be interested to find out who Vala really is.

Will she have a chance to interact with Sam at all? I don't even know. It would be interesting I think to see two strong women maybe bumping heads...maybe even discussing their similar/dissimilar experiences (one with a Tok'ra and one with a Goa'uld).

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'd like to talk about Resurrection for a moment.

I really didn't like the episode when I first saw it. It seemed rather weak and the actress who played Anna was less than impressive IMHO.

The story was too Daniel-centric (but then again it was written by Shanks). I think it would have been neat if the scenes with Anna were split up with Daniel and Sam both taking turns talking to her. Think of the dialogue missed between Anna and Sam, how Sam could have relayed what she felt hosting a Tok'ra and maybe connected with her on more of an empathetic level. Instead, it was all Daniel and his ascension/lost memory story.

Sam's scenes with Keffler would have been even more charged because she would have developed a rapport with the girl.

The ending lacked the sense of urgency regarding the bomb and I think it would have been neater if Daniel had stayed there and helped with solving that problem...the tension of which could have been ramped up with the timer racing towards the impeding explosion...rather than him dashing out to be into Anna at the end.

I think that could have been and should have been Sam instead who finds her with Daniel coming upon them as the episode fades to black.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I was kind of surprised that AT was nominated for the Saturn (and WON--as it should be) as "supporting actress." Considering she's the only regular woman cast member isn't she more of a lead actress? I suppose since it's "starring" RDA & then the rest of the team in the credits, she, CJ & MS are all supporting. Wonder if that would change for next year with no RDA?
            Hmm I'm not really sure how each award determines leading and supporting status, but it seems to be different for each. For Saturn Awards, AT has always been nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category, whereas with Leo's it seems to be Best Lead Performance by a Female.
            • 2005: Won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
            • 2004: Nominated for a Leo Award for Best Direction for the episode, 7.19 "Resurrection"
            • 2004: Won a Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for the episode, 7.13 "Grace"
            • 2004: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
            • 2002: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series
            • 2002: Won a Leo Award for Dramatic Series: Best Lead Performance - Female for the episode, 5.03 "Ascension"
            • 2001: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television
            • 2001: Nominated for a Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role for the episode, 4.16 "2010"
            • 2000: Nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Supporting Actress
            • 2000: Nominated for a Leo Award for Best Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series for the episode, 3.06 "Point Of View"
            Award details from SG1-solutions.com

Kat

Comment

if you want to send real flowers to amanda, all you gotta do is call/internet a flower delivery place up in vancouver, plunk down your credit card and send them to bridge studios

incredibly easy

even if youre a 'real person' that wants to leave something off, you just need to drop it off at the guard shack and they'll get it inside. it's virtually impossible to 'hand deliver' - as in directly to the person - due to security and the fact that they're working adn don't need to be disturbed every 15 minutes
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

in resurrection there were a lot of 'missed opportunities'

such as sam/anna empathy. both are hosts against their will, both were held captive for medical experimentation.

there's also not much daniel/anna empathy. i mean, here's anna, a version of what happened to his wife - being goaulded - and nary a reaction

not to mention daniel's horrible mistake in giving this nutso woman a candle????

it wasn't horrible per se, but it could have been so much better had there been a bit more depth to it
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Oh Yea Times Newsflash – Samandan Radio

Just a reminder to all Samandans to tune in to the Guest DJ spot hosted in response to no demand whatsoever by the Royal Accountant tomorrow at 7.30 GMT (Got My Turntable). There is a music packed evening in store and there is something for everyone

Spinning on the deck will be a tribute spot to our glorious Queen including a couple of tunes celebrating the Queens love of riding fast and free:

Crazy About an Automobile – Ry Cooder
                  Life in the Fast Lane – The Eagles

Songs that encapsulate the essence of Sam Carter:-

Bigger, Brighter, Better – Roddy Frame
                  Sweet Talkin’ Woman – ELO
                  Legend of a Mind – The Moody Blues
                  Above the Clouds – Paul Weller
                  Interstellar Soul – Trex
                  Flowers in the Window – Travis

Astro’s wish

I’ll Fly for You – Spandau Ballet

There are also quite a number of dedications

NC – The Rocking Chair – The Beautiful South
                  Forever SG1 – Forever is Tomorrow is Today – David Gray
                  Deepspace – Sweetest Thing – U2
                  Astro – Sweet Inspiration – Vonda Shepard
                  Agent Dark – Right Man for the Job – The Beautiful South
                  Carterslave – Pleasure and Pain – Norma Waterson
                  ChopinGal – Holding Back the Years – Simply Red
                  1speed4Sam – Oh Blackpool – The Beautiful South
                  MajorSam – Wild Child – Enya
                  Strix – Be Yourself – Enrique Iglesias
                  Coley – The Consequences of Falling – KD Lang
                  MajorSal – The Dark Side of Town – Eliza Gilkyson
                  UberSG1 – Picture Book – Simply Red
                  Skydiver – Birds Without Wings – David Gray

And to all those Lurkers – Fly on the Wall – Paul Weller

To celebrate SAGC Success:

Golden Thread – Mary Black
                  Hard Habit to Break – Chicago

There’s also a dedication for the relation ship between the Stargate Executive producer and the Sci Fi Chairman I’m Your Puppet – Paul Young

The dedication of the week comes from the Royal Accountant and show host to her dear friend the Court Jester – I’m Gonna Laugh you Out of my Life – Dinah Washington

So don’t forget to tune in – somewhere on medium wave!
                  ROTFLOL!
                  Coley - Thanks for the laughs and smiles as I read through the posts! You've matched the songs so well with the SaGC denizens

Comment

And just to stay on-topic here...

Guess this episode or add a caption!
                    Sam: So that's the plan! We take out TPTB, install Astro as the exec producer and writer and Bob's your uncle were back in the SG1 business kicking butt!

Teal'c: Colonel Carter I do not have an Uncle, let alone one named Bob!
                    Astrog: I *do* have an Uncle Bob! (Astrog is now looking for a contract... exec producer *and* writer...hmmm... )

Comment

Ahh tis a lonely path I tread
                      Posting on the SAGC Thread
                      For when I'm free to post for thee
                      you are all at work or fast asleep in bed!
                      Coley, thanks for keeping the SaGC fires burning for us (and it's so good to have you back!). I think that more folks will be joining you as they realize that the thread is back up (fingers crossed).

Comment

When Gateworld dies I'm forced to play with other software... thought for the day...

sigpic

Comment

Well, if she ever checks in on this site (or gets her husband to) she'll know we send virtual hugs. Probably best anyway--"aargh--call security--how did these crazed fans who want to hug me get in here?"
                          LOL!
                          Speaking of security--it appears some Ninja Jaffa have been gumming up the works here at GW.
                          Hackers, viruses or something else?

Comment

Sure hope things are going okay for her back at work. Shame we can't all send her our hugs!
                            This sounds like a photoshopping mission for ForeverSG-1, Uber and/or Samfan... Maybe a photocollage of Sam giving/getting hugs from folks on the show?

Comment

Carter: This is not good.

Teal'c: Indeed MajorCarter. Never in my years of service to the false god Apophis have I ever encountered a situation so dire...

Carter: Perhaps if we move the Bishop over here?

Teal'c: That would leave our King exposed.

Carter: Damm! I guess we better pay up then. I thought we would of had this one down easy!

Teal'c: Who would have guessed that O'Neill was this good at chess?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I'd hate to try to run a site like Gateworld. They do a fantastic job, I think, so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. But I have been frustrated in my inability to regularly access my daily dose of laughs on this thread.

You know I think these Stargate auditions are taking realism a little too far theese days.

Yeah tell me about it, I'm only auditioning for a technician
                                ROTFLOL!

More blue jello for both of you!

Ooops...the Queen has been practicing with the Goa'uld ribbon device again...
                                ...looks like one of the blue jellos was KIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X