Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err Take 1!!
    Last edited by Coley; 05 May 2005, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

I also believe she’s had a new, upgraded Sarcasm chip installed, cunningly disguised as a crown by the, ahem, “dentist”. Apparently, the last one melted with embarrassment after I whupped her ass on the climbs the other week.

And yes, I am probably in sooooo much trouble now…

1s4S
      Errr methinks my sliver tongued friend is suffering oxygen deprivation from wandering out of his depth in a sea of male ego (Try to remember you swim like a brick 1s). As I remember it you actually pulled ahead a few feet on the ascents - hardly "ass whupping" and the cost to you of this feat was a blood red face and frantic gulping of oxygen at the hill crests as I cruised through with the nonchalence befitting an easy rider with a multitude of gears.

We will do battle again soon my friend

and dear Jester your recent siding towards my one speed fiend - er slip of the finger - friend hasn't gone unnoticed and will be subject to future post

The re envigoured Royal Accountant

Comment

Oh Yea Times Newsflash – Samandan Radio

Just a reminder to all Samandans to tune in to the Guest DJ spot hosted in response to no demand whatsoever by the Royal Accountant tomorrow at 7.30 GMT (Got My Turntable). There is a music packed evening in store and there is something for everyone

Spinning on the deck will be a tribute spot to our glorious Queen including a couple of tunes celebrating the Queens love of riding fast and free:

Crazy About an Automobile – Ry Cooder
        Life in the Fast Lane – The Eagles

Songs that encapsulate the essence of Sam Carter:-

Bigger, Brighter, Better – Roddy Frame
        Sweet Talkin’ Woman – ELO
        Legend of a Mind – The Moody Blues
        Above the Clouds – Paul Weller
        Interstellar Soul – Trex
        Flowers in the Window – Travis

Astro’s wish

I’ll Fly for You – Spandau Ballet

There are also quite a number of dedications

NC – The Rocking Chair – The Beautiful South
        Forever SG1 – Forever is Tomorrow is Today – David Gray
        Deepspace – Sweetest Thing – U2
        Astro – Sweet Inspiration – Vonda Shepard
        Agent Dark – Right Man for the Job – The Beautiful South
        Carterslave – Pleasure and Pain – Norma Waterson
        ChopinGal – Holding Back the Years – Simply Red
        1speed4Sam – Oh Blackpool – The Beautiful South
        MajorSam – Wild Child – Enya
        Strix – Be Yourself – Enrique Iglesias
        Coley – The Consequences of Falling – KD Lang
        MajorSal – The Dark Side of Town – Eliza Gilkyson
        UberSG1 – Picture Book – Simply Red
        Skydiver – Birds Without Wings – David Gray

And to all those Lurkers – Fly on the Wall – Paul Weller

To celebrate SAGC Success:

Golden Thread – Mary Black
        Hard Habit to Break – Chicago

There’s also a dedication for the relation ship between the Stargate Executive producer and the Sci Fi Chairman I’m Your Puppet – Paul Young

The dedication of the week comes from the Royal Accountant and show host to her dear friend the Court Jester – I’m Gonna Laugh you Out of my Life – Dinah Washington

So don’t forget to tune in – somewhere on medium wave!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I didn't have much luck finding anything about where this was shown...although I recall reading an interview that it was shown to an audience at one of the conventions. I did however run across a few interviews/transcripts where AT talked about it a briefly...

Stuck summary found at

It is about four people stuck in an elevator. These are four very disparate personalities so there is a lot of tension and clashes between the characters. I play a character named Liz. She is a heroin addict and a very messed up girl. JR Bourne plays my boyfriend, Bernie. He does not do drugs, but he enables Liz and even helps her shoot up. It is clear that these two love each other a lot. Bernie is an antagonist and constantly tries to get the other two characters to let down the "walls' they surround themselves with. The other characters are Cindy (played by Courtnay Kramer) who is a seemingly uptight girl. very rigid and very "preppy". But, of course, she has secrets to hide. The fourth character is Gordon (played by Fred Henderson). He is an uptight business man and very set in his ways and his ideas about how society must function. The film deals with people’s secrets, the masks we wear and how we are "stuck" in this world because of deception and the labels we use to determine our view of society. It is very heavy and at times violent. But ultimately, I think, it is poignant and touching. JR and I have a rather raunchy love scene, which was very difficult to shoot but I think was necessary to shock the other two characters. It was a great acting exercise for all of us. We rehearsed the film for two months (on weekends) before we shot it. The film ends with some heart wrenching monologues from each character. I am proud of the work we all did on this film and hope we have a good final product. Jan Newman, who does my make-up on Stargate volunteered her time and expertise to do make-up on the movie. It was wonderful to have her there! We all did this film for no money. For us it was about creating and exploring and stretching ourselves.

Excerpt from interview at

http://amandatapping.free.fr/WolfEventChatWithAT-16-01-04.htm

I don't know what's happening with Stuck, I doubt it will go into distribution, but it was amazing to play something completely different with JR. For me, with shooting SG-1 at the same time it was a challenge. I think we rehearsed about month or two before we filmed it. It was amazing.

Excerpt from 2004 Seattle Creation Con Summary

Also related to the fact that Amanda gets to kiss some of her male co-stars, someone asked how she dealt with that, in her marriage to Alan, and how Alan dealt with it. Amanda talked about how it's her job, and Alan realizes that. But also went onto to tell the audience about how she, Alan and JR Bourne were watching Stuck together, and she felt rather odd watching the love scene in the elevator with both Alan and JR there. She mimicked how Alan and JR reacted, she was very funny, showing how JR was edging away from Alan, and Alan was watching the screen intently, then looking sideways at JR.

I have to give her credit, she's definitely a much braver woman than I. To sit and watch these types of scenes next to her husband with JR sitting right next to them. Alan definitely comes across as a very loyal and understanding husband. I know it's all acting and this is what they get paid to do, but I'm sure it definitely adds to the list of normal relationship issues a couple has to deal with on a daily basis. So many actor's relationships never seem to last very long. It's really nice to see that AT has managed to find the key to having a wonderful acting career and stable home life as well. She's truly a remarkable woman.
          Cheers for the info Forever!

Comment

A thought on 'Gemini'

QUOTE:
            "However, I think there is an equally valid argument that the safe route was not necessarily the
            most ethically or philosophically correct route, ..."

THOUGHT:
            Nor, as has been shown in the past, the most efficacious.

1. Menace

Action: Jack destroys Reese
            Result:
            a. Asgard are unable to come up with a definitive solution to the replicator threat.
            b. Replicators are still a major threat

2. Unatural Selection

Action: Jack causes Fifth to be left behind
            Result:
            a. An embittered Fifth
            b. Carter abducted and subjected to mental torture
            c. Creation of 'RepliCarter'
            d. Replicators are still a major threat

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Errr methinks my sliver tongued friend is suffering oxygen deprivation from wandering out of his depth in a sea of male ego (Try to remember you swim like a brick 1s). As I remember it you actually pulled ahead a few feet on the ascents - hardly "ass whupping" and the cost to you of this feat was a blood red face and frantic gulping of oxygen at the hill crests as I cruised through with the nonchalence befitting an easy rider with a multitude of gears.

We will do battle again soon my friend

and dear Jester your recent siding towards my one speed fiend - er slip of the finger - friend hasn't gone unnoticed and will be subject to future post

The re envigoured Royal Accountant
              Just to correct one minor anatomical detail - I do NOT have a sliver of a tongue, it's actually perfectly normal in size, shape, and (as far as I'm aware) texture, thank you very much.

But just to show there's no hard feelings, I'd like to dedicate a special record to our dear Royal Accountant herself - Another One Bites The Dust, by Queen.

1s4S
              Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 06 May 2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

ok, before this goes down again

the fic i mentioned is on sue's live journal

www.livejournal.com/sjhw_tolerance
                is the address i believe

or folks can e-mail me and i'll send you a copy. she hasn't gotten it to an archive yet
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  Continuing the saga of Sam and her Carter’s Copter adventures…

Sam has spent so much time zipping here and there in her new copter that she realized it was time to do some maintenance chores on her highly advanced and complex craft.

She has spent several long days in the test pit working on the copter and she is tired, very tired. But she has friends to support and cheer her on. Thor transported a treasured possession to help her feel more at home during these days of manual labor.

Maintenance
                  Great pic, Samfan! Although - poor Sam - it looks like she crashed the Cartercopter...(one too many lopps around the asteroid belt? ) - good to see Orlin coming to visit, though!

Samfan - thanks so much for these pics - they are *great*... and just so much fun!

Comment

I didn't have much luck finding anything about where this was shown...although I recall reading an interview that it was shown to an audience at one of the conventions. I did however run across a few interviews/transcripts where AT talked about it a briefly...

Stuck summary found at

It is about four people stuck in an elevator. These are four very disparate personalities so there is a lot of tension and clashes between the characters. I play a character named Liz. She is a heroin addict and a very messed up girl. JR Bourne plays my boyfriend, Bernie. He does not do drugs, but he enables Liz and even helps her shoot up. It is clear that these two love each other a lot. Bernie is an antagonist and constantly tries to get the other two characters to let down the "walls' they surround themselves with. The other characters are Cindy (played by Courtnay Kramer) who is a seemingly uptight girl. very rigid and very "preppy". But, of course, she has secrets to hide. The fourth character is Gordon (played by Fred Henderson). He is an uptight business man and very set in his ways and his ideas about how society must function. The film deals with people’s secrets, the masks we wear and how we are "stuck" in this world because of deception and the labels we use to determine our view of society. It is very heavy and at times violent. But ultimately, I think, it is poignant and touching. JR and I have a rather raunchy love scene, which was very difficult to shoot but I think was necessary to shock the other two characters. It was a great acting exercise for all of us. We rehearsed the film for two months (on weekends) before we shot it. The film ends with some heart wrenching monologues from each character. I am proud of the work we all did on this film and hope we have a good final product. Jan Newman, who does my make-up on Stargate volunteered her time and expertise to do make-up on the movie. It was wonderful to have her there! We all did this film for no money. For us it was about creating and exploring and stretching ourselves.

Excerpt from interview at

http://amandatapping.free.fr/WolfEventChatWithAT-16-01-04.htm

I don't know what's happening with Stuck, I doubt it will go into distribution, but it was amazing to play something completely different with JR. For me, with shooting SG-1 at the same time it was a challenge. I think we rehearsed about month or two before we filmed it. It was amazing.

Excerpt from 2004 Seattle Creation Con Summary

Also related to the fact that Amanda gets to kiss some of her male co-stars, someone asked how she dealt with that, in her marriage to Alan, and how Alan dealt with it. Amanda talked about how it's her job, and Alan realizes that. But also went onto to tell the audience about how she, Alan and JR Bourne were watching Stuck together, and she felt rather odd watching the love scene in the elevator with both Alan and JR there. She mimicked how Alan and JR reacted, she was very funny, showing how JR was edging away from Alan, and Alan was watching the screen intently, then looking sideways at JR.

I have to give her credit, she's definitely a much braver woman than I. To sit and watch these types of scenes next to her husband with JR sitting right next to them. Alan definitely comes across as a very loyal and understanding husband. I know it's all acting and this is what they get paid to do, but I'm sure it definitely adds to the list of normal relationship issues a couple has to deal with on a daily basis. So many actor's relationships never seem to last very long. It's really nice to see that AT has managed to find the key to having a wonderful acting career and stable home life as well. She's truly a remarkable woman.
                    Great post, Kat. Tried to give you some green jello, but I am temporarily banned from that fridge... however, I do stilll have access to *my* fridge, which is always appropriately stocked!

Comment

And just to stay on-topic here...

Guess this episode or add a caption!
                      Sam and Teal'c surreptitiously watching the Stargate writers through an Asgard interdimensional device. Sam, hopeful that they will write her character and storylines that maintain her integrity and competence... Teal'c hoping that they write him some storylines that include some witty dialogue and highlight some of his talents beyond 'stoic'.

Sam: 'Look at what they've got the women wearing!'
                      Teal'c: 'Indeed'
                      Sam: 'Oh, shut up!'

Comment

Laugh... I was reading Stargate quotes today and came up with the most perfect quote to describe the Stargate writers.

Jack: "Do you people practice being vague?"

And just to stay on-topic here...

Guess this episode or add a caption!
                        Sam: So that's the plan! We take out TPTB, install Astro as the exec producer and writer and Bob's your uncle were back in the SG1 business kicking butt!

Teal'c: Colonel Carter I do not have an Uncle, let alone one named Bob!

Comment

I've just come out the dark side of watching PU. I'm afraid to say it was even worse than I thought it would be. I didn't see any obvious chemistry between MS and CB, was disapointed with CB acting, in fact the acting of everyone was a little below par I thought. I didn't think much to the Vala character or the storyline which didn't help CB much. I'm so surprised this ep got rave reviews from a lot of people. I just didn't see it. Think AT is far more attractive than CB - but that is a very subjective opinion. Can't believe TPTB would consider for a second replacing AT with CB - No contest in my mind on character, acting, looks!!

Oh dear I will be skipping the first 5 eps of season 9 I think. But on the up side hopefully AT will get some good storylines to get her teeth into. I just want the SG1 team back. Season 8 isn't cutting it for me. If they had kept Corrin we would have a great SG1 unit - Jonas, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel - that would be just fine and dandy for me!

Anyway I know all this is old hat for everyone else, but it is all new stuff for me

Wonder how long GW will stay up for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Just to correct one minor anatomical detail - I do NOT have a sliver of a tongue, it's actually perfectly normal in size, shape, and (as far as I'm aware) texture, thank you very much.

But just to show there's no hard feelings, I'd like to dedicate a special record to our dear Royal Accountant herself - Another One Bites The Dust, by Queen.

1s4S
                            Yes sliver was a rather unfortunate transposition wasn't it? Of course it was supposed to be silver, but maybe forked would have been more appropriate?

So how are your knobblies after their weekend airing. I heard that there was a traffic jam of cars trying to exit the Burnley area! Do I get treated to the visual feast on the next ride and will it mean I will be eating more grass due to me doubled up over the handlebars in mirth?

You seem to have got into this posting lark - and what's all this posting at gone 7? You're not still at work are you?

Tonight there will be an extra dedication at the end of the show as a tribute to your hydrochloric wit - Knocking On Heaven's Door by Eric Clapton. Now would I do a thing like loosening a wheel nut?
                            Last edited by Coley; 06 May 2005, 12:59 PM.

Comment

So does anyone out there know if AT is back in the studio filming yet, or will it be a couple more weeks?

Comment

Ahh tis a lonely path I tread
                                Posting on the SAGC Thread
                                For when I'm free to post for thee
                                you are all at work or fast asleep in bed!

Comment

Working...
                                X