Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carterslave
    That goes double for me, bro. (GettingNastyInAnElevator!Amanda causes me no pain either.)
    Interesting that the most-downloaded screencap is the one of Amanda giving the one-finger salute—no translation required. It's nice to see that AT's command of sign language is not going to waste.
    Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon be reading a whole bunch of gritty—even smutty—Sam/Martouf fanfics? Bring 'em on!
    You guys are incorrigible!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      Continuing the saga of Sam and her Carter’s Copter adventures…

Sam has spent so much time zipping here and there in her new copter that she realized it was time to do some maintenance chores on her highly advanced and complex craft.

She has spent several long days in the test pit working on the copter and she is tired, very tired. But she has friends to support and cheer her on. Thor transported a treasured possession to help her feel more at home during these days of manual labor.

Maintenance
      Wow - here's to customized choppers and Indian bikes and good friends and elevator scenes!

Great job on the manip, SamFan! LOL
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 05 May 2005, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Aww, you are always so nice Astrog!

Just so everyone knows... I've been bored out of my skull with GW not available so if anyone has any desire for a sig, send me a idea of what you want, what type of saying, pictures, ect and I'll play with it in my free time. Can't guarantee it will be something you'd like, but I'm sure it will help me with my boredom should I not be able to log back on for awhile.

Kat
        Well, not a sig, but, you know, Mother's Day is coming up, and it will be Amanda's first as a mom...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          You guys are incorrigible!
          Haha, coming from the lady who was discussing Teal'c's 'package'!

Comment

Wow - here's to customized choppers and Indian bikes and good friends and elevator scenes!
            I'll pop a bottle of champagne for that, too.

But, on the subject of motocycles... am I the only person who thinks Sam must be slightly schizophrenic for driving a Volvo and riding a motorcycle?

My LJ

Comment

lmao.... maybe she's a gemini

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I'll pop a bottle of champagne for that, too.

But, on the subject of motocycles... am I the only person who thinks Sam must be slightly schizophrenic for driving a Volvo and riding a motorcycle?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                lmao.... maybe she's a gemini
                Well according to Entity Sam's birthday is December 29th, 1969; however, according to Orlin in Ascension her birthday is in May (he gives her an Emerald, her birthstone ).

So if we take into account that the writers are a bit mixed up and we assume that Sam's birthday is May 29th, 1969 then Sam is indeed a Gemini.

I have to admit I'm not one to really get into the whole horoscope thing. I'm a Virgo...but then so are both of my siblings, and although we are quite similar in many ways, we are worlds apart in others so I take it all with a grain of salt. However... these are the descriptions of Gemini and Capricorn.

(Please don't blame me if you find offense to either of these descriptions. I didn't write them. I ony borrowed them from their original home.)

Gemini:
                As a Gemini you usually think and act swiftly, and are always on your toes. Chatty and sociable, sometimes with a tendency to gossip, you are likely to be highly imaginative with a mind that is constantly seeking new information and craving new experiences. You love to study anything and everything that crosses your path. Because of this intense love of knowledge, if you are undereducated, or badly so, you might feel miserable and make those around you feel the same.
                When your are intellectually satisfied, you can be refined and charming. However, you are not happy if things do not go your way. Everything has a place in your world, and if anything is misplaced, everyone around you suffers. As a Gemini, you are likely to find that when an emergency arises, you are cool and calm, unlike those who will panic around you. In these types of situations, you are able not only to develop solutions or plans of action, but good ones at that.

Capricorn:
                People who are born under the sign of Capricorn are practical, self-reliant and tenacious. As a Capricorn, people see you as patient, realistic and responsible, but they worry that you take life far too seriously sometimes. Your friends think of you as kind and very peaceable, ambitious and hard working, and know that you can be easily embarrassed, so they try not to tease you too much. You can take the occasional joke, but people might find it difficult sometimes to understand your dry sense of humor. With strangers you can be a little wary, and so come across as aloof and difficult to get to know.
                At work, you never brush aside your responsibilities, but you must have a goal to satisfy in order to keep your mind on your work. And if you feel that you are not getting back from your job what you are putting into it, you will most likely move on; a lack of challenge is what bores you most. Your coworkers and friends alike might turn to you with their problems, both personal and professional, because you seem to be a good problem solver and have excellent intuition.

Hmm...Sounds as if Sam is leaning much more towards Capricorn in my opinion.

Kat

Comment

Dear Royal Cyclist

'Tis good to know that the Royal Accountant has had the proper, ahem, adjustments to wit and chip. I do think that your passing her on those uphill climbs was a bit of a blow. Jolly good show!

I, myself, tried to instruct her on the merits of the one-speed cycle but to no avail. Confidentially, I think this is why the woman goes flying through the air on some of those steeper grades ... she has too much on her mind what with shifting from third to seventh to twelfth to infinity. Bicycles were meant to be ridden gently, over level terrain, with a dog at your spokes, and with like-minded folks, who enjoy your jokes, and withhold pokes ... and just keep their minds on the road and not the gearbox! Perhaps you and I should do the royal tour upon my visit to your fair neighborhood. We can allow Speed Racer to forge ahead whilst we chat about the meaning of life and some such vagaries. Yes, let the Wonder Woman and her loyal hound out-race us. However, since you have been practicing and have already come up to snuff by passing her on those inclines, you may be reluctant to slow the pace. Alas, I may just have to bring up the rear alone. But, sometimes, I am my own best company!

Methinks our Royal Bean Counter has returned from holiday with a caravan in tow and some tall tales to tell. Hopefully we will hear from her soon. In closing, may I ask when your next viewing of Stargate is to take place?

Cheerio for now,

Court Jester

My Dear Jester,

I do hope this reaches you OK – the Kingdom seems to be suffering terrible communication problems at the moment.

On the subject of communications, I’ve not heard from the Royal Accountant this week, so cannot confirm whether the “adjustments” have in fact been successful. No doubt she will appear shortly with a suitably robust response to my previous comments - I just hope the degree of robustness doesn’t result in me singing soprano.

And I’m glad to find that you appreciate the alternative state of mind in which those of us who choose to follow the One-Speed Way exist, simply pedalling our way along the highways and byways of life, free from the constant worry as to whether or not we are in *The Right Gear*. We just *Are*. Granted, it may not be the most *suitable* gear at any given moment, but that’s just the way things go. And as you so rightly point out, this freedom gives us chance to ponder the deeper things of life (as long as the sound of our ragged breathing, thumping heartbeat and creaking knees doesn’t get too distracting, anyway). It also allows us more time to react to the random meanderings of a large and spirited dog, which in turn prevents us falling from our steeds when the aforementioned hound meanders a bit too close, a bit too suddenly. Unlike some people (mentioning no names, but I’m sure you can guess)… Whatever, I hope that when you do travel to this side of the Kingdom, the RA and I will be able to show you some true Lancastrian hospitality, be this on two wheels or not.

As for when my next viewing of Stargate (and thus my first glimpse of our Queen in action) is to take place, this has yet to be decided. Hopefully though, it will not be too long before I am able to immerse myself more meaningfully in Samandan life, and not just be the wise-cracking oaf loitering at the back.

Until next time,

1s4S

Comment

That seems to be what happened ... not sure if it even made it to the different film festivals like Sundance or Tribeca. Does anyone on this thread have a way of checking on that for the film year of 2002 or 2003?

I know a little bit about this because my daughter has been involved in a similar project which just got filmed as a "short indie" (an adaptation of her one-act play which runs about 15-20 minutes). This film is now supposed to go on the annual film-festival circuit in the states. That's where it could get picked up by a distributor and, I think, either shown as a short film or developed into a larger, longer script and format.

Stuck looks like a very powerful short drama ... it's a shame that TPTB just let it fade away on a shelf. Does anyone know for sure if it had a limited release in Australia or Canada? It was filmed in Toronto.

I think all of Amanda's fans would love to see it!
                    I didn't have much luck finding anything about where this was shown...although I recall reading an interview that it was shown to an audience at one of the conventions. I did however run across a few interviews/transcripts where AT talked about it a briefly...

Stuck summary found at

It is about four people stuck in an elevator. These are four very disparate personalities so there is a lot of tension and clashes between the characters. I play a character named Liz. She is a heroin addict and a very messed up girl. JR Bourne plays my boyfriend, Bernie. He does not do drugs, but he enables Liz and even helps her shoot up. It is clear that these two love each other a lot. Bernie is an antagonist and constantly tries to get the other two characters to let down the "walls' they surround themselves with. The other characters are Cindy (played by Courtnay Kramer) who is a seemingly uptight girl. very rigid and very "preppy". But, of course, she has secrets to hide. The fourth character is Gordon (played by Fred Henderson). He is an uptight business man and very set in his ways and his ideas about how society must function. The film deals with people’s secrets, the masks we wear and how we are "stuck" in this world because of deception and the labels we use to determine our view of society. It is very heavy and at times violent. But ultimately, I think, it is poignant and touching. JR and I have a rather raunchy love scene, which was very difficult to shoot but I think was necessary to shock the other two characters. It was a great acting exercise for all of us. We rehearsed the film for two months (on weekends) before we shot it. The film ends with some heart wrenching monologues from each character. I am proud of the work we all did on this film and hope we have a good final product. Jan Newman, who does my make-up on Stargate volunteered her time and expertise to do make-up on the movie. It was wonderful to have her there! We all did this film for no money. For us it was about creating and exploring and stretching ourselves.

Excerpt from interview at

http://amandatapping.free.fr/WolfEventChatWithAT-16-01-04.htm

I don't know what's happening with Stuck, I doubt it will go into distribution, but it was amazing to play something completely different with JR. For me, with shooting SG-1 at the same time it was a challenge. I think we rehearsed about month or two before we filmed it. It was amazing.

Excerpt from 2004 Seattle Creation Con Summary

Also related to the fact that Amanda gets to kiss some of her male co-stars, someone asked how she dealt with that, in her marriage to Alan, and how Alan dealt with it. Amanda talked about how it's her job, and Alan realizes that. But also went onto to tell the audience about how she, Alan and JR Bourne were watching Stuck together, and she felt rather odd watching the love scene in the elevator with both Alan and JR there. She mimicked how Alan and JR reacted, she was very funny, showing how JR was edging away from Alan, and Alan was watching the screen intently, then looking sideways at JR.

I have to give her credit, she's definitely a much braver woman than I. To sit and watch these types of scenes next to her husband with JR sitting right next to them. Alan definitely comes across as a very loyal and understanding husband. I know it's all acting and this is what they get paid to do, but I'm sure it definitely adds to the list of normal relationship issues a couple has to deal with on a daily basis. So many actor's relationships never seem to last very long. It's really nice to see that AT has managed to find the key to having a wonderful acting career and stable home life as well. She's truly a remarkable woman.

Comment

Ok Sky...I've been looking all day for that story about Geeky Sam you mentioned a while back. Please PM me the link will ya?? I even looked at Sue's website and couldn't find it.

Kat

Comment

Oooh I wanna read that one too...

And wow.. watching a love scene with your husband and co-hort in said scene present... bet her face was red there for a while...

Ok Sky...I've been looking all day for that story about Geeky Sam you mentioned a while back. Please PM me the link will ya?? I even looked at Sue's website and couldn't find it.

Kat
                        sigpic

Comment

Kat
                          I haven't been able to find it, either.

My LJ

Comment

and i dont' have it totally handy either. i don't know if sue put it up on helio 2 or not

there's a link to her page at www.sjhw.net
                            then member pages and Sue Corkill

I know she's got it up in her live journal....but i cn't go looking for that either since i'm at work.

worse comes to worse, i'll e-mail you guys the word doc that i saved

it's a long fic but oh so fun
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              and i dont' have it totally handy either. i don't know if sue put it up on helio 2 or not

there's a link to her page at www.sjhw.net
                              then member pages and Sue Corkill

I know she's got it up in her live journal....but i cn't go looking for that either since i'm at work.

worse comes to worse, i'll e-mail you guys the word doc that i saved

it's a long fic but oh so fun
                              I didn't find it on Helio2, but I may not have been looking for the right title.

Thanks!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Laugh... I was reading Stargate quotes today and came up with the most perfect quote to describe the Stargate writers.

Jack: "Do you people practice being vague?"

And just to stay on-topic here...

Guess this episode or add a caption!
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 05 May 2005, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X