Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace

Wow. I can't believe you did that. And just for my silly story too . I went through pages and pages, dated around the time that I thought I'd posted it, and I still managed to be about 50 pages off. I certainly didn't have the patience to continue. Thankyou.

And don't forget NC's post, which explains the reptilian aquaintance.

*blushes* Thanks for the compliment, but I have to admit I had an unfair advantage. I used the date on that picture's file to narrow the search down to a specific day.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      well, in one situation, bud on jag could keep his job once he proved that he physically could do it and in another real life example, a soldier who lost his leg in Iraq went back to Iraq, on a prosthesis and i presume that he had to prove the he physically could do his job

so i think it might come down to that, can you physically do your job?

Yes, there was an article in Newsweek, I think, not too long ago, about this topic. Apparently there are several amputees who lost limbs in Iraq who are determined to go back, and are working toward that goal. As Sky says, if they can prove themselves fit, it's allowed.

NC

Comment

rotflol!!!

you know what, i have that pic on my desktop

and i love who she took with her

guess there is something to the Smore folks after all
        Did someone else do this pic? You mean I stayed up until 5:30am working on this and it's already been done!!! Tell me it isn't so...

Edit: Or in an early morning mental haze did I misunderstand and you downloaded it to your desktop?
        Last edited by SamFan31; 02 May 2005, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Caption This

Teal'c: Shallow pulse. Patient does not appear to be breathing. Major Carter, I do believe the next course of action would be mouth to mouth.

Sam: (opening one eye) Uh...*cough* Ok then...perhaps we should continue this tomorrow?

*Teal'c helps Sam up from the ground*

Teal'c: Major Carter?

Sam: Hmm?

Teal'c: I am most pleased that you have agreed to be, as O'neill would say, 'my guinea pig'. He appeared quite troubled with my suggestion that he partake in my training.

Sam: *laughing* You're welcome Teal'c. I think it's great that you've decided to get your Red Cross CPR certification. However, I think tomorrow I will bring one of the nurses to help out on your next training lesson.

*Teal'c raises his eyebrow and Sam smiles at him*

Teal'c: Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            Yes, there was an article in Newsweek, I think, not too long ago, about this topic. Apparently there are several amputees who lost limbs in Iraq who are determined to go back, and are working toward that goal. As Sky says, if they can prove themselves fit, it's allowed.

NC
            That's cool. I wasn't really sure how the Air Force would deal with such a situation as that. I guess most of the people I know have sustained injuries that would not allow them to continue with their particular job title.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
              Did someone else do this pic? You mean I stayed up until 5:30am working on this and it's already been done!!! Tell me it isn't so...

Edit: Or in an early morning mental haze did I misunderstand and you downloaded it to your desktop?
              nonono, sorry

the background pic of thenebula. i've got several of those and use them as desktop backgrounds
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam decides it’s time to see if her new naquadah enhanced copter meets the supreme test.

Demo Flight
                *Great* pic, Samfan! I am thoroughly enjoying your Cartercopter pics - love seeing Sam exploring the galaxy and visiting all sorts of cool places! Its fun - and it also embodies a lot of what I see in Sam! Thanks so much, Samfan!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  *blushes* Thanks for the compliment, but I have to admit I had an unfair advantage. I used the date on that picture's file to narrow the search down to a specific day.

NC
                  Ah ha! Very smart, NC!

Comment

nonono, sorry

the background pic of thenebula. i've got several of those and use them as desktop backgrounds
                    chucklegiggle - well, if I had been thinking clearly I would have figured that out!

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                      I'd like to congratulate Simha on a most auspicious debut. That was a brilliant breakdown & critique of Gemini and what caused a number of people (myself included) to balk at it. You brought out several facets that I'd like to think I was latently aware of (emphasized by the parts of your analysis that I kept, betwixt all the snippage) but couldn't put my finger on ... or articulate, which you did so superbly.
                      If ever an episode was a setup for Sam to fall smack on her face, this was it. (Possibly to pave the way for a new [read: male] commanding officer on SG-1.) The fix was in from the get-go.
                      Ironically, had SG-1 done nothing—just told RepliCarter to peddle her sob story elsewhere—everything would have turned out fine. Fifth wouldn't have known where to look for them, the disrupter device would still be effective, RepliCarter would still be under Fifth's thumb, etc., etc., etc.
                      Frankly, it stretches credibility well past the breaking point that three people so experienced with various forms of treachery would swallow one whopper from RepliCarter after another, particularly that doozy about Fifth having overcome the disrupter technology. (How?) That practically screamed "Disinformation!"
                      Gemini was written by Peter DeLuise, author of Affinity, another episode that really stuck it to Our Heroes. Coincidence? I think not. Keep that man away from the word processor!

i can't think of why i'm not as bothered by sam's actions in this ep as many others... but then again i think i do know.

speaking *only* for myself, i didn't see sam being dumb, just being tricked by the best trickster there was. herself. rc played upon everything that she knew sam would question, so i give sam much more leeway when it comes to laying blame.

but to get back to why i think i might have dismissed some of what might have made me question sam's choices... because i'd already been through the ringer with the whole pete shanahan thing, that i think anything NOT related to that storyline or character was literal perfection. when you go into something already despising the storyline and character, there's little either could do to fix that perception. i guess why i'm telling you this is basically that i just didn't look too deep into the gemini supposed plot probs, because i was so releaved that it not only didn't include pete shanahan, it included jack o'neill instead. (sometimes it's just nicer to not dig too deep, you know?)

sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 02 May 2005, 04:18 PM.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        *Great* pic, Samfan! I am thoroughly enjoying your Cartercopter pics - love seeing Sam exploring the galaxy and visiting all sorts of cool places! Its fun - and it also embodies a lot of what I see in Sam! Thanks so much, Samfan!

Thanks, Astro! Glad you're having fun with this silliness too. The Sam Travel Diaries slide show - off to who knows where, doing who knows what.

Comment

Sam decides it’s time to see if her new naquadah enhanced copter meets the supreme test.

Demo Flight
                          SamFan31, my helmet is off to you! I used to do graphics and your pic of Sam and Thor in the aircraft is FANTASTIC!!!! WTG girl! Keep up the great work.

Now you are going to force me to load my graphics programs and start working again.....oh well.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            SamFan31, my helmet is off to you! I used to do graphics and your pic of Sam and Thor in the aircraft is FANTASTIC!!!! WTG girl! Keep up the great work.

Now you are going to force me to load my graphics programs and start working again.....oh well.
                            Thanks, Lida. That's a real compliment from a graphics person. I'm just flying by the seat of my pants, so to speak.

Comment

Demo Flight
                              I also like how Sam is flying front seat!

Comment

I'm so glad that Comcast.net had the Cartercopter on as a news item last week! You guys have really "flown off" with it, especially SamFan31. I'm glad I found something that created so much fun for us all!

(I have saved all the pictures SamFan31 made of the Cartercopter, for posterity!)

Comment

Working...
                                X