No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: Eight years of UST can be hazardous to your health....

Originally posted by majorsal
    this next caption is dedicated to my good friend, astro. *super hug*

(this one's a hard one )

sally
    sigpic

Comment

does anyone have a screen cap from ... i think it's 'fifth man', when simmon's is interrogating sam and she's being snarky with him? i remember her having this awesome dirtiesh look on her face while talking to him.

if this isn't 'fifth man', then what ep am i remembering? he's quizzing her on things, and then in a later scene, she gives away that she knows he's number 5729 (whatever number) that's been hacking into the sgc's mainframe. am i mixing up eps/scenes? has sam been interrogated in more than one ep by simmons?

sally
      I think you had that expression pegged, Sally! Good memory!

Here are the Snarky!Sam pics that I found found from Simmon's interrogation of Sam in The Fifth Man.

I just love AT's acting!

Screen caps are from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        Shhh... the element of surprise is integral to the plan... *cough* I mean.. thanks!!

I should probably state my Sam rocks because thing yeah? Well it's nothing someone hasn't said before I'm sure. Hot & smart and as much as possible (Given it is tv) realisitc.. that about sums it up. But.. what endears me to her the most is that she's played someone equally hot and smart as the character. Plus Amanda's genuineness and that bulb exploding smile..... she's a great actress.. but more importantly, from what I've seen she's a great human being who never fails to express her appreciation to everyone. Love her... she most defenitely has my respect and admiration...

As for Sam.. to be a little deeper on that.... there's the role model aspect, who wouldn't wanna be Sam Carter? She's a genius, in control of herself and has a seriously cool job. I've loved watching her growth over the years and I do see the importance and relevance to her as a person in the last couple of seasons. I love that she has failings and questions herself like anyone else.. there's a realism factor there for me. But I also love her from a fic writing perspective too.. there's such great depth in the character the possiblities are endless.... it's a joy to try to get inside her head.

Anyway I'm prattling... but yeah.. Sam rocks...and she's so damn cute... erm.. I am straight... but damn I'd think twice if she were propositioning me... just a thought... [note to self: stop rambling]

What a fantastic post, Myrth! Five-star... or in Samanda - a 5 Blue Jello rating!

Erm - and what's this about great fic-writing possibilities... and you like to get inside her head... hmmm... does that mean that you have fics that you've written and can point us to? Post links to them even?

Comment

Astro - super excellent new sig! And, Kat, once again you've outdone yourself! It looks magnificent...

Comment

Welcome aboard, Myrth. It looks like you're already into great Samanda posting.

Comment

Look what I saw as one of the news items on the home page of my ISP this morning. Maybe this is where Queen Samantha has been for "professional reasons!"

By the way, look Uber and Oma-1, I got the photo posted all by myself this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Seconded!

So... whens the next piece coming out?
                Well, I'm working on a fanfic cliche' at the moment, a season 6 SG-1 versus the volcano story that's crawling along at a snail's pace. It doesn't really have much of a plot; it's mostly just a vehicle for some nice Sam/Teal'c moments for Skydiver. Oh, and Sam whumping. Of course.

My LJ

Comment

OK Myrth, how can someone who is "new" get sooooooooo much green jello. I guess you need friends in high places.

Sorry, I'm off the thread. I'll be good.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

She looks up and sees Earth.
                    Sam: It's beautiful.

As a geologist, I've studied earthquakes and volcanoes and tsunamis and landslides and floods and ... rocks of course... and yet, I am always in awe of pictures of the Earth from space. It's awe-inspiring and... It's Beautiful!

Kat, I can't thank you enough!
                    It is beautiful. Great job, Kat!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Totally Off-topic, but there is a fly in my room pestering me to no end.
                      Where is a P-90 or some C-4 when you really need it??? Arg!!

Kat
                      Or that super bug spray they used in "Bane?"

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Hey, another Aussie! Mwahahaha, soon we'll be taking over this thread! Our plans for world domination... *cough cough* ummm yeah....

Welcome aboard Myrth, feel free to post anything Sam related at all
                        Hey, I'm in the US (when not on Thor's ship) but I'm ok with another Aussie. I love that I get to in essence talk to people from all around the world. Samanda 's borders are pretty open and welcoming. Of course our Royal Security force does patrol for those who venture out from under their bridges. But they generally find they are unwelcome here and disappear fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Well, I'm working on a fanfic cliche' at the moment, a season 6 SG-1 versus the volcano story that's crawling along at a snail's pace. It doesn't really have much of a plot; it's mostly just a vehicle for some nice Sam/Teal'c moments for Skydiver. Oh, and Sam whumping. Of course.
                          *ears perk up*

sam/Teal'C?????

I'm sure both of your stories will be great
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

this next caption is dedicated to my good friend, astro. *super hug*

(this one's a hard one )

http://img253.echo.cx/img253/2642/sg11665qt.jpg

sally
                            Is Sam in this photo?? If yes, I think she is second one from left in front.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              Look what I saw as one of the news items on the home page of my ISP this morning. Maybe this is where Queen Samantha has been for "professional reasons!"

By the way, look Uber and Oma-1, I got the photo posted all by myself this time!

The Cartercopter - love it!

Comment

Two interesting Sam-focused stories. No whumping, really, but... interesting.
                                I guess maybe I could classify them for psychic whumping... hmmmm...

Beautiful Dreamer
                                http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...uldreamer.html
                                and
                                Dream a Little Dream
                                http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/17/dreama.html
                                by The Prophet

I'm going to check out some of this author's other stories, too.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X