Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Oh, well, I want to contribute something, although melting people's brains wasn't exactly on my agenda, no. I don't do photo manips; I have no way of doing screen grabs from DVDs; I'm not witty enough to come up with wonderful and funny photo captions. But I can surf the web to find Sam whumping stories! And since people seem to appreciate it...
    please don't stop! you're our librarian of Samanada, so please continue.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      Hey.. I'm new here, just wanted to raise my hand as a Carter fan... all hail Sam!

I'm sorry I don't have anything more intelligent than that to offer till my head stops spinning while I go through this awesome thread......

But rock on Sam..
      Welcome to the wonderful land of Samanda, Myrth!!

Comment

this next caption is dedicated to my good friend, astro. *super hug*

(this one's a hard one )

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          That would be definitely cool, AD! And - great new Sam pic in your rotating pic pool (one of Sam looking sidways in Need, I think)
          as for sam's reason for being away from the sgc at the start of the season -
          Spoiler:
          sam's with the asgard
          ... do we know this for 'sure', or is this speculating and/or most guesswork?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

does anyone have a screen cap from ... i think it's 'fifth man', when simmon's is interrogating sam and she's being snarky with him? i remember her having this awesome dirtiesh look on her face while talking to him.

if this isn't 'fifth man', then what ep am i remembering? he's quizzing her on things, and then in a later scene, she gives away that she knows he's number 5729 (whatever number) that's been hacking into the sgc's mainframe. am i mixing up eps/scenes? has sam been interrogated in more than one ep by simmons?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              as for sam's reason for being away from the sgc at the start of the season -
              Spoiler:
              sam's with the asgard
              ... do we know this for 'sure', or is this speculating and/or most guesswork?

sally
              A bit of specualtion/guesswork based on spoilers I've heard

if this isn't 'fifth man', then what ep am i remembering? he's quizzing her on things, and then in a later scene, she gives away that she knows he's number 5729 (whatever number) that's been hacking into the sgc's mainframe. am i mixing up eps/scenes? has sam been interrogated in more than one ep by simmons?
              Yeah, it is 'Fifth Man' and no I don't think shes been interrogated by Simmons any other time...

Comment

Hey.. I'm new here, just wanted to raise my hand as a Carter fan... all hail Sam!

I'm sorry I don't have anything more intelligent than that to offer till my head stops spinning while I go through this awesome thread......

But rock on Sam..
                Hey, another Aussie! Mwahahaha, soon we'll be taking over this thread! Our plans for world domination... *cough cough* ummm yeah....

Welcome aboard Myrth, feel free to post anything Sam related at all

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Thank you and thanks to Gracie too!!! Let's get back to praising our queen instead of fretting about what may or may not happen next season. PLEASE!!

Venting is cool, but we need more pics-me-ups in between. Otherwise the mood tends to get really dark really quick and I'd hate to see this thread slowly turn to the dark side.

Come on everybody!!!
                  Great new banner, Kat! Beautifully done.

Many heartfelt thanks to Kat for creating a new Astronaut Sam sig pic for me that's within the sig-size-restrictions. This collage pic is wonderful - and it incorporates the main parts of each of the three pics that were in my previous sig pic. Kat did a beautiful job!

Here's a bit more of the dialogue excerpt from 'The Serpent's Lair'

Sam: Colonel? Come in.
                  Jack: We're okay, Captain.
                  Sam: Same here sir. But I don't think we bought ourselves much time. Our glider's had it.
                  Teal'c: I concur.
                  Sam: We got cooked pretty bad in the explosion.
                  Jack: Captain?
                  Sam: We're low on power and in a fairly low orbit, so I don't imagine it will be too much longer before we burn up in Earth's atmosphere.
                  Jack: Captain, take a look up.

She looks up and sees Earth.
                  Sam: It's beautiful.

As a geologist, I've studied earthquakes and volcanoes and tsunamis and landslides and floods and ... rocks of course... and yet, I am always in awe of pictures of the Earth from space. It's awe-inspiring and... It's Beautiful!

Kat, I can't thank you enough!

Comment

Wow, great job Kat on Astro's sig!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      I've thought about it over the last few days (amongst the new pics/spoilers), and I think her return will be received well by fans because so many fans really like Carter. I have read numerous posts in some threads and other forums where fans will be really upset if Carter is not going to lead SG-1. I think AT is extremely popular with fans and will not be sidelined. I think also she is so highly thought of by TPTB, also making the chance of Sam Carter being sidelined very slim. They know that they would be making a big mistake if they do this. I also think that "ship" of any sort will not be the focus for Sam -- been there, done that. So, season nine is really a great opportunity for Sam to be written consistently as the brilliant scientist, kickbutt, Lt. Colonel. The return of Carter will be like a breath of fresh air (even if the show is doing well).
                      Great post, chocdoc! Thanks so much for posting this - I need to read things like this!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Oh, well, I want to contribute something, although melting people's brains wasn't exactly on my agenda, no. I don't do photo manips; I have no way of doing screen grabs from DVDs; I'm not witty enough to come up with wonderful and funny photo captions. But I can surf the web to find Sam whumping stories! And since people seem to appreciate it...
                        You forgot the fact that you write really great Sam fanfic!!!
                        Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Seconded! So... whens the next piece coming out?
                        I 'third' Kat and AD, Strix - you write really great Sam fanfic!

Comment

Have now.... and it was The Fifth Man

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=15

does anyone have a screen cap from ... i think it's 'fifth man', when simmon's is interrogating sam and she's being snarky with him? i remember her having this awesome dirtiesh look on her face while talking to him.

sally
                          sigpic

Comment

But rock on Sam..
                            Welcome aboard, Myrth! Samfans are always welcome on the SaGC thread

If you'd like to check it out, there's an Ultimate Sam Episode Poll Summary on thread page 277, post 5521. There are links to other thread pages and posts with Sam photos, dialogue excerpts, audio clips and Sam-highlight comments by the folks who post on this thead. Lots of fun!

And here's some welcome-to-the-thread Royal Blue Jello

Comment

this next caption is dedicated to my good friend, astro. *super hug*

(this one's a hard one )

sally
                              My guess...
                              Spoiler:
                              Children of the Gods
                              ... everyone is armed with staff weapons... lots of Jaffa... if Sam's in this pic, she's carrying a staff weapon while running? Hmmmm....

Sally - these pics that you have been posting are wonderful - love the one of Sam looking up at the camera in Ascension!

Comment

Shhh... the element of surprise is integral to the plan... *cough* I mean.. thanks!!

I should probably state my Sam rocks because thing yeah? Well it's nothing someone hasn't said before I'm sure. Hot & smart and as much as possible (Given it is tv) realisitc.. that about sums it up. But.. what endears me to her the most is that she's played someone equally hot and smart as the character. Plus Amanda's genuineness and that bulb exploding smile..... she's a great actress.. but more importantly, from what I've seen she's a great human being who never fails to express her appreciation to everyone. Love her... she most defenitely has my respect and admiration...

As for Sam.. to be a little deeper on that.... there's the role model aspect, who wouldn't wanna be Sam Carter? She's a genius, in control of herself and has a seriously cool job. I've loved watching her growth over the years and I do see the importance and relevance to her as a person in the last couple of seasons. I love that she has failings and questions herself like anyone else.. there's a realism factor there for me. But I also love her from a fic writing perspective too.. there's such great depth in the character the possiblities are endless.... it's a joy to try to get inside her head.

Anyway I'm prattling... but yeah.. Sam rocks...and she's so damn cute... erm.. I am straight... but damn I'd think twice if she were propositioning me... just a thought... [note to self: stop rambling]

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Hey, another Aussie! Mwahahaha, soon we'll be taking over this thread! Our plans for world domination... *cough cough* ummm yeah....

Welcome aboard Myrth, feel free to post anything Sam related at all
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X