Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    As for AT/Sam... I wish we were hearing more about where things are going for her on the show. We know she is suppose to start shooting again soon and maybe once she does we'll begin to hear a bit more spoilers regarding Sam and possibly even an interview with AT with her views of the upcoming season and her new role as a mom.

Don't let yourselves get too discouraged. We've only got a few more months to go until the season starts up again and a month or so after that until we see our Sam back in action. Think positive thoughts.

Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does.

Come on people, I can't hear you!!!

Kat
    Go Kat!

Astrog is heard chanting: Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does. Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does. Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does. Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does. Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

So I'm going to force myself to watch the first few episodes of Season 9 so I'm not completely lost when Sam returns...but it'll be tough.
      well, i'll be relying on you to tell me what happens, because i'm not going to watch those first eps without sam. not to punish the show or something, but because i have ZERO interest. but i don't want to be lost either when i return to the show, so i'll be relying on ppl like you to help me across the street.

They know they REALLY have to deliver or the franchise itself is at risk...so I'm resting on this fact alone and believing that Sam's absence is due to something REALLY cool that we're all going to love - something that proves how incredibly invaluable she is to the SGC and to the series.
      me too, uber. and because we share a love of a certain ship, i'm also hoping for another reason being in there too. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* but make a deal of sam. AND amanda.

sally

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

It Shouldn’t Happen to a Vet – By Coley – A less than serious account of the recent enforced exile from SAGCT, coping with withdrawals, anxiety attacks on post build up, the support of thread posters, frustration with all things internet, installation of Firefox and finally the homecoming via the purchase of a new computer.
        Oh no, don't hurt poor Firefox! I've found it to be the most well-behaved browser out there!

How to be a Stargate Groupie - by MajorSam
        LOL!!!

Great work on the newsletter

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Ok.....let me put my media relations thinking cap on. Remember that the idea is to always show your best face, and hype to build interest. The worst movies often have the best trailers. They do well the first weekend; then, word of mouth and actual viewer reaction shoot them down.

So.....if I were running scared because I lost my male lead and my female lead was going to miss the first six episodes of the new season, I would:

1. Try to shore up the cast with favorite actors from the same genre;
          2. Pander to the easiest-to-retain demographic (18-25-year-old males) by selling with sex;
          3. Talk at every opportunity I could about how great the new season was going to be and
          4. Keep the dedicated fan base guessing about the fate of the beloved (and missing) characters.

By golly, that's some media plan! I could make that work!!! I think that's what they're doing!
          i don't like this plan!

why keep the dedicated fans guessing? why not ENSURE that they'll come back with some spoilers to get them excited about? it feels like we're being manipulated into staying, instead of getting us there with good faith and respectful treatment. this just doesn't seem the time to be messing with the fans when you WANT them to return to a show that's changing before their eyes.

like i've said before, i'll just hope this whole dog and pony show is because sam's return is going to be important and groovy.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Due to the recent complete sellout of the latest printing of the Samanda 'Oh Yea Say We Times', the printing press operated all night to print additional copies for all who were not fortunate to get one of the first print batch.

Please click here to get your copy to read one of the limited second printing.

Coley and Chopingal spent a lot of time and effort and they created something witty and clever for all who partake of Samanda and the SaGC. Please send them some kudos and thanks for all of their efforts (I recommend sending them green jello as I already gave them some special blue jello! ).

After you've read the kingdom's paper, I think that we should all work on the SDS that has spread throughout the land.... I too have been under its malaise and feel the need for some positive Samanda activities to balance the scary feelings of not knowing what will happen to our Sam in Season 9.

Along those lines, I'd like folks to continue to post the positive things that you'd like to see for Sam in Season 9... Sam scenes, Sam lines, Sam episode storylines, etc. We've already had some great posts, but don't stop! I love hearing everyone's great ideas. And you never know, you might inspire a Sam-centered fanfic from one of the many authors on our thread.

And we need more pics from folks... Uber and Kat and NC have been doing great... but do other folks have some cool Sam pics to share? Or AT pics?

And Kat - your photoshopping has been spectacular!
            Samfan - yours are also beautiful!
            Uber.. love those Sam season banners that you are making... and can't wait for what's coming.
            NC - love the pics with the audio clips!
            You folks have been making this thread fun to visit and read!

Tsaxlady - thanks for all the wonderful 'inside info' from the convention and other great sources that you have! Greatly appreciated.

MajorSal - thanks once more for creating the thread - and not abandoning it! Your posts are wonderful and I am grateful for your dedication to the wonderful character that is Sam Carter!

Skydiver... love your wisdom and years of insight and knowledge of how things work in Stargateland. Am so glad that you post with us here in Samanda. And of course, thanks for overseeing all of our Sam polls for the past 3 months!

Uber - thanks for keeping the thread going while the rest of us were off dealing with other issues earlier today (I was at work and then visiting a friend who has a new puppy... and I am definitely taking a shower before bed.. he is an absolutely criminally cute puppy, but I think he licked everything on me within the range of his tongue!).

Coley and Chopingal - thanks so much for you clever wit and humor - and your way with the written word. Chopingal - love your poetry!

AgentDark - a solid and trusty member of the SaGC - so glad that you are with us! I know that you are working hard at college, but it's cool that you come here for breaks from the study-grind.

1speed4sam - the newly indoctrinated... so glad to have another on board who has the acerbic wit so aptly displayed by Coley. Such fun to read your posts!

TokraHostess - hmmm... has been fairly quiet lately... perhaps she's writing a new Samfic... The Hidden One was so wonderful that the Sam fans immediately get hopeful at the thought of another one from TH!

Strix - thanks so much for the links to all of those Samfics - are you going to post a complete aggregate list (or I can go back and collect them all if you want me too...?)

Deepspace and chocdoc - you are both wonderful and you have great insights and comments -- please post some more of your hopes for Sam in Season 9. For right now, go for the positive aspects of what you'd like to see for Sam in Season 9... let your imaginations go!

Jckfan55 and Tara3583 - you two always have such great insights and comments - such great fun to read your posts. One of my favorite sentiments from one of Jckfan's posts was that "children can 'play Stargate' and the girls can be Sam and have a good role without having to play one of the guys."

SG-1fanintn, HRH, Kes, Bink, Carterslave - thanks for the lively and insightful comments! There is such wonderful diversity on this thread - thanks to everyone for participating - and appreciating the different opinions and perspectives. We have folks from all ages and folks from all around the world posting on this thread - what fun!

To any and all that I forgot to mention, I apologize and you can post a comment on my oversight! Just don't forget to also post at least one of your hopes for Sam in Season 9.

In the interest of harmony, I think we should avoid romantic ship scenarios for a little while....

And btw... completely off the topic of the rest of this post - what happened to Major Sam??? Our esteemed President is apparently absent and we need her youthful presence!

And final note: If you haven't already done it, remember to 'rate this thread with 5-stars' before you shut down for the evening (or morning or afternoon, depending on where you are around the world).
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 28 April 2005, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              sam's return is going to be important and groovy.

Just - fun!

Comment

For anyone who is interested, I just saw that a new LiveJournal community has been setup for Carterfans - hail_dorothy. I might just make a LJ account so I can post in it

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  This is my take on MS, and everyone else who seems to be "gushing" right now about S9, - they know things are going to be rough with the changes and with the new direction (and they realize that a lot of fans have been complaining about the direction of the show and the way some of the characters have been written out of chracter for the last season or so) and they are very nervous.

what you just said made something click in my head. *rubs head* i think we use the term 'out of character' a lot, but is it really out of character, or how 'we' think the character would act or react in a given situation? with chimera, a few ppl said it was out of character for sam to be with a guy like this. when i finished my crying fit with that ep , i realized that the only reason it might feel out of character was because we never saw that character in a situation like that before. we know sam's interested in the opposite sex, so why would it be out of character for her to actually engage in something sexual? it isn't. but what 'did' feel out of character to me was her nonchalance of his disrespectful behavior in the second half. the sam i know, the sam i've been watching for, at that time, 7 plus years, wouldn't have accepted being treated in anything but respect. that's the only thing that didn't jell with how sam behaved in chimera. i wish they'd had taken a moment to show sam being irked by it. okay, she forgives him because he didn't do it to cause her harm, but *show* that you don't accept shoddy behavior from *anyone*. i really can't think of any other time that the writing for sam seemed so 'out of character' that I were left scratching my head in disbelief. even her accepting the proposal at the end of affinity rang truer than what i saw at the end of chimera.

but this is just my opinion, and would love to hear what others think about it. sometimes i think my shipperness can cloud my judgment, so i'd love to hear a non-shippers view on this. was sam out of character forgiving, or accepting pete's behavior at the end of chimera?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    For anyone who is interested, I just saw that a new LiveJournal community has been setup for Carterfans - hail_dorothy. I might just make a LJ account so I can post in it
                    Wonderful -and thanks, AD! Can you post a link to this thread for folks to come and visit us?

Comment

I don't necessarily agree with MS views about PU, but maybe it's been his most fun episode to work on for a long time. We all know the work schedule for the past few years has been a pain in the mitka. Seeing as PU was just Daniel and Claudia, I'm sure it was a much more laid back set to work on for a few days. It was very different than the other episodes and he may have had a blast. Him saying it was his favorite episode and him saying it was the best episode of the season are too totally different things. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I think this year is a bit of a double edged sword for the cast and crew of Stargate. This is the year where they finally find out if RDA really held things together. We all want to know we can make it on our own without someone else holding us up. It's obvious the cast has gotten along phenomenally over the past eight years, but I'm sure the past three years have been very
                      challenging for everyone involved with the show. MS saying this is the happiest season ever, may just be him expressing his joy to be back on a normal work schedule without the juggling of filming episodes, ect. I seriously doubt it was meant to be disrespectful to RDA (from everything I have read, MS and RDA have a great respect for one another and I seriously doubt he would do or say anything to belittle that relationship).

As for AT/Sam... I wish we were hearing more about where things are going for her on the show. We know she is suppose to start shooting again soon and maybe once she does we'll begin to hear a bit more spoilers regarding Sam and possibly even an interview with AT with her views of the upcoming season and her new role as a mom.

Don't let yourselves get too discouraged. We've only got a few more months to go until the season starts up again and a month or so after that until we see our Sam back in action. Think positive thoughts.

Sam will be back soon. Sam will be in charge of SG-1. Sam will lead numerous off-world missions. Sam will save the day just like she always does.

Come on people, I can't hear you!!!

Kat
                      I think you hit the nail on the head. In Vancouver when asked on stage what his favorite episode was Michael said "Heroes" but then he went on to say how much fun he had filming PU.

I would guess as soon as Amanda is back and they have some new photo's with her we will be seeing them. In fact I would bet we will see new Promo shots done this year after AT is back.

I'm not surprised that SciFI will start showing promos on Stargate Mondays this week - I have heard that they are sending the casts to Comic Con again this year which happens the weekend that the new season starts - so like it or not the media blizt will continue through the fall and the reality is that is only good business.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

first off, THANK YOU for sharing these wonderful pics!
                        do you guys notice how much 'soul' you can see in amanda/sam's eyes?
                        Of course! Why do you think I'm addicted to the show?
                        Über, I was looking at a bunch of S8 screencaps today & couldn't help wondering if it's possible to take this to the next level—by 'photoshopping' Pete out of them?

Tsaxlady, what can I say but 'thank you' for being so generous with your emotions & experiences. Those cannot have been pleasant memories to re-live for our benefit. But—again—thanks.
                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I think we'll have to sustain ourselves for a while on collages, videos and fan fic for the next several months...
                        Not to worry! That's a life's occupation right there. Just think how long it would take to read every Stargate-inspired fanfic, from drabbles to full-fledged novels. And that's after you winnowed it down to the good ones.

And, after the passionate advocacy of StrixVaria & Über, I will give Gemini another chance this Friday, keeping their analyses in mind. (Although I'll admit the episode greatly vexed me the first time 'round. Maybe the second time will be the charm.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

They mention that RDA didn't really like the episode Hathor, AT says that she didn't really like Entity.
                          why? what did she say?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

what you just said made something click in my head. *rubs head* i think we use the term 'out of character' a lot, but is it really out of character, or how 'we' think the character would act or react in a given situation? with chimera, a few ppl said it was out of character for sam to be with a guy like this. when i finished my crying fit with that ep , i realized that the only reason it might feel out of character was because we never saw that character in a situation like that before. we know sam's interested in the opposite sex, so why would it be out of character for her to actually engage in something sexual? it isn't. but what 'did' feel out of character to me was her nonchalance of his disrespectful behavior in the second half. the sam i know, the sam i've been watching for, at that time, 7 plus years, wouldn't have accepted being treated in anything but respect. that's the only thing that didn't jell with how sam behaved in chimera. i wish they'd had taken a moment to show sam being irked by it. okay, she forgives him because he didn't do it to cause her harm, but *show* that you don't accept shoddy behavior from *anyone*. i really can't think of any other time that the writing for sam seemed so 'out of character' that I were left scratching my head in disbelief. even her accepting the proposal at the end of affinity rang truer than what i saw at the end of chimera.

but this is just my opinion, and would love to hear what others think about it. sometimes i think my shipperness can cloud my judgment, so i'd love to hear a non-shippers view on this. was sam out of character forgiving, or accepting pete's behavior at the end of chimera?

sally
                            *ÜberSG-1Fan clears throat and does best to disguise voice*

Well, Sally, as a non-shipper, I couldn't agree with you more!

Sam has had her male friends over the years (most of whom are dead now btw) so it shouldn't be too much of a shock that she'd have another fellow. This time, one from earth even.

I too was perturbed by the way she didn't get at least a little aggitated at Pete for his insisting to know her secrets and then to almost blow an operation!

It's a good thing that Pete issue has ended now. Plus, did you see the look in Jack's eyes while she was hovering over Pete? He was so...(whoops, I inadvertently reverted back to the shippy me...must correct immediately)

...I mean, I think Sam should be with someone like Agent Barrett.

Yeah. That's what I meant to say.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              And we need more pics from folks... Uber and Kat and NC have been doing great... but do other folks have some cool Sam pics to share? Or AT pics?
                              Okay you asked for it

Amanda: Prometheus Unbound?!? Really? Chris is not happy

Michael: Boy am I in trouble for that comment!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Tsaxlady makes an excellent point re S8: RDA's schedule constraints meant that shows were being shot even more wildly out of continuity than ever. Also, some of the actors were out in the field with the second unit while the first unit was back at Bridge, cramming in as many RDA scenes as possible (two & three episodes' worth at a gulp). This simply cannot be conducive to creative work, so I imagine the new schedule is a bit more to everybody's liking & probably less tense, too.
                                Originally posted by chocdoc
                                Also, I can't disagree with MS more about Prometheus Unbound. I am one of the fans who actually really disliked this episode---I can't watch it again really.
                                Something is just rubbing me the wrong way with how hyped up everybody on the show seem to be (and about the chemistry between Daniel and Vala).
                                I feel your pain, dude. P.U. was an El Sucko episode of the first magnitude. For one thing, we were promised Hammond In Action but got very little. Then there were all the monkeyshines with Vala which were, frankly, rather embarrassing. The absence of Sam didn't really bother me; it was only one episode, after all. (And AT was well clear of this stinker.)
                                But it sure didn't feel like SG-1. More like The Vala Show with Special Guest Star Michael Shanks.
                                Your discomfort with the advance ballyhoo re S9 also rings true with me. The gentlemen doth protest too much. Either TPTB have realized that S8 was fairly lackluster and low-budget and are consciously trying to make amends ... or else it's an exercise in self-hypnosis. I figure that either the new team dynamic will surprise us & give the show a second wind or S9 will be neither fish nor fowl & SG-1 will just fall apart. Let's hope it's Door Number One.

Great caption, Tsaxlady. You deserve blue jello for that puppy!

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Working...
                                X