• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to say it out loud,

SAMANDA!

Genius, MajorSam!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Keep out the nagging her, checking up on her, following her, risking her life and the lives of her teammates, and recast the character, and I'd have been able to accept this 'growth by boyfriend' story a heck of a lot better. If all of that had been done, all I'd be fretting on is the ship issue.

Sally
      LOL ... amen, sistah!

Comment

Wow I didn't expect my post to cause such a reaction though in hind sight I probably should have thought about everything more before I posted. It has been interesting to read everyones thoughts on the whole Sam and Pete issue and about any strengths and weaknesses the relationship has brought out in both characters.

I understand I opened a can of worms which wasn't appreciated by a few people but I must say reading everyones responses has been totally interesting and the discussion which has come about from it has been very intelligent and well thought out and I've enjoyed it. I think I'm gonna like it on this thread!

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          ... we've all maintained our balance, tempers, and, from what I see, respect of each other. Everyone brings in their own views and opinions, which enrich everyone elses.

I think that WEEE should be our own SG team, we certainly seem to work well together!

... I think we should have a name for our little corner of the forum... hm... well, something to do with either/or Sam/Amanda... Samanda something or another... I don't know. what do you guys think?

What do I think?!

KUMTRAYA (claps hands) for SAMANDA

Samanda is just ... B-E-T-T-E-R

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
            I think I'm gonna like it on this thread!
            Lucy
            Hi Lucy Lou from across the pond (just where in England do you live?)

I think I can speak from all in the realm of Samanda, saying that we enjoy your company too!

Comment

I'm from Suffolk which is in the East of England. I live in the countryside lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                What do I think?!

KUMTRAYA (claps hands) for SAMANDA

Samanda is just ... B-E-T-T-E-R

Ohhh i like SAMANDA!!!

I think that it summs up Sam just right, Amanda
                has given life to Sam and Sam has grown into a very interesting character thanks to Amanda
                ......TARA......

Comment

First of all, thanks for the blue jello you guys! I'm still sick and jello is just what I need right now ...

Does anyone know how the blue jello seemed to become a running gag on the show? I was just wondering about that.

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                    I'm from Suffolk which is in the East of England. I live in the countryside lol.
                    Oh, I just got my Great Britain travel maps out and looking for you in East Anglia. Spent time in Tonbridge, Sussex (or Kent), last September with my daughter and her friend (who is now studying writing in Norwich) - is your lovely countryside near Norwich? Haven't yet traveled to that part of UK, but hope to one day. I love your country!

Check out previous posts - we have a lass from Lancashire on the thread too. She and I will be going to Amanda's to-be-rescheduled GABIT event in the Fall. Are you planning to attend?

CG

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye To All Who Live in the Realm of Samanda

A Royal Proclamation

Let the word go out from this date and time that, henceforth, all true followers of the esteemed character, Samantha Carter, and her honorable creator, Amanda Tapping, will be known as Samandans.

Furthermore, let all Samandans emulate the strength and dignity and poise of their respected namesakes.

Let Samandans be sure of foot and quick of mind.
                      Let Samandans be slow to judge and fast to defend.
                      Let Samandans be loyal of friends and faithful to duty.
                      Let Samandans be refreshingly real and uncommonly wise.
                      Let Samandans be confident in victory and humble in defeat.
                      Let Samandans be comfortable with self and tolerant of others.
                      Let Samandans be curious of thought but dubious of rumors.
                      Let Samandans be kind of word and generous of spirit.
                      Let Samandans be ready to laugh and open to wonder.

In order to counter the negativity that oft appears elsewhere, let Samandans be defenders of truth and integrity regarding all things Samanda.

Let all who dwell in the land of Samanda, prosper and be well.
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 28 January 2005, 07:35 AM.

Comment

A Royal Proclamation

Let the word go out from this date and time that, henceforth, all true followers of the esteemed character, Samantha Carter, and her honorable creator, Amanda Tapping, will be known as Samandans.

Furthermore, let all Samandans emulate the strength and dignity and poise of their respected namesakes.

In order to counter the negativity that oft appears elsewhere, let Samandans be defenders of truth and integrity regarding all things Samanda.

Excellent. Count me in.
                        Jckfan

Comment

Oh, I just got my Great Britain travel maps out and looking for you in East Anglia. Spent time in Tonbridge, Sussex (or Kent), last September with my daughter and her friend (who is now studying writing in Norwich) - is your lovely countryside near Norwich? Haven't yet traveled to that part of UK, but hope to one day. I love your country!

Check out previous posts - we have a lass from Lancashire on the thread too. She and I will be going to Amanda's to-be-rescheduled GABIT event in the Fall. Are you planning to attend?

CG
                          I might be at drama school in Autumn so I'm not sure I'm going to be doing any more conventions after Gatecon this year. If I don't get in thouh I'd like to attend the Atlantis convention.

I'm not too far from Norwich. I'm in Ipswich. It's not far away by train.

I love my Country too but I want to move to Vancouver hehe.

Lucy

Comment

Amen to that!

Luce

Comment

CG
                              Hubby and i will be going to Gabitevents also, this will be the first con i have ever been to and very much looking foreward to meeting Amanda
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Does anyone know how the blue jello seemed to become a running gag on the show? I was just wondering about that.
                                Well in like, the first canteen/mess/cafeteria, whatever you call it scene, apparantly there was either blue jello, or some goopy something, so Amanda chose the jello. Next time, she's like 'hey, blue jello again!!" and after that they just decided to make it a thing!

Have you guys noticed the Pineapple thing? hahaha

A Royal Proclamation

EEEEEEEH, YOU GUYS LIKE THE NAME!!!!! I've always wanted to come up with the name for something like this... *sniff choke sob* My fave place in the world now has one of my fave names

POWER TO THE SAMANDANS!!!

Are we going to have a heirarchy or anything? VOTE FOR MEEE!!!

Anyone up for a theme song/National Anthem

P.S I'm off to a winter survival exercise with my corps, I leave in... about 4 hours. I'll be gone for only about 3 days, but I will still miss you all terribly, and hope that I won't miss to much of the love in this thread! There still better be good posts for me when I get back!

Reputation and such are always always welcome

OOH, and if any of you guys have MSN, if you want, add me!!! [email protected]

((((((EVERYONE)))))))) see you in a few days!
                                Last edited by MajorSam; 28 January 2005, 11:13 AM.
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X