Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie
    It'd be great if they ... put together a special, with a gag reel, stand-out moments from over the years, interviews etc...I'd watch it for sure.
    Sure beats the hell out of yet another frigging clip show.
    what's my fave aspect of sam: scientist or soldier?
    That's easy: soldier, mainly b/c a gun-wielding Amanda really turns me on. (Yes, I'm a couch perv, I admit it.)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      We lose a cute, petite doctor of medicine (who wears sensible shoes) to this?!!
      Although, a small glimmer of hope and sanity remains ... what could they possibly do to a basic lab coat and a pair of low heels?
      I know, you guys are probably enjoying the eye candy. Sex sells. What do the males on the thread have to say about Dominatrix Vala?! Are we females overreacting?
      You're only overreacting to the extent of saying that we guys "are probably enjoying the eye candy." The hell I'm enjoying it! I'm probably about as steamed by this turn of events as anybody, not least b/c it plays into m/f stereotypes that Stargate normally does an excellent job of exploding. When you have to descend to the level of Andromeda for inspiration (and Vala sure looks like a refugee from that dreck) you probably have to use a submarine.
      As for Dr. Rommie hewing to "a basic lab coat" & sensible shoes, you're far more optimistic than I, who expects the worst. (And, judging by the hints of Cameron/Rommie shipping, I'm not wrong to do so.)
      Admittedly, a lot of people thought P.U. was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But, judging by the growing backlash re Vala/Dr. Rommie (and the very negative response to the downsizing of Ford on SG:A) I question whether TPTB know their audience as well as they think.

Like the LJ icon I use says, "Clone Janet."
      Last edited by Carterslave; 24 April 2005, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Okay - I've got a question and it's WAY OT...but I could really use your help on this.

I just got in Season 5 on DVD. All the DVDs work fine on my computer, except the 3rd one, where absolutely nothing happens...it's as though the disk is blank...but then when I put in into a regular DVD player, it works fine.

Does any of you know what's happening here and what I can do to fix it? The DVD in question is the one that has Between Two Fires, 2001, Desperate Measures and Wormhole Extreme!, 3 of which are very Sam heavy and I really want to get some screen caps from them...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          "We leave the show and look what happens, sir: Bimbo eruptions!
          ... pause ...
          Wanna 'fish'?"
          "Your lake or mine, Carter?"

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Okay - I've got a question and it's WAY OT...but I could really use your help on this.

I just got in Season 5 on DVD. All the DVDs work fine on my computer, except the 3rd one, where absolutely nothing happens...it's as though the disk is blank...but then when I put in into a regular DVD player, it works fine.

Does any of you know what's happening here and what I can do to fix it? The DVD in question is the one that has Between Two Fires, 2001, Desperate Measures and Wormhole Extreme!, 3 of which are very Sam heavy and I really want to get some screen caps from them...
            I just tried my Season 5 DVD third disc and it's ok. Can you open the disc on computer and see if it has three folders... AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS and JACKET_P. Also, does the disc look dirty? Sometimes there can be small amounts of dust or fingerprints(!!). Try brushing off with a soft cloth from the disc hole to the outer edge. Sometimes a stand alone DVD player can be more forgiving of the dust stuff than a computer DVD player.

I know of a few sites that discuss discs problems, I will see if anybody else has encountered the same problem. It may need to be replaced; I'll see if I can find an address/e-mail

SamFan31

Comment

the looks on their faces are so perfect for playing with captions, that i just had to do another take on this one.

sam: ".... beans for lunch again, sir?"

jack: *clears throat* "uh.... yeah.............. sorry."

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue with my copy of that disk. I just took it back to where I bought it and asked for a replacement disk. They gave me a new one. You might be also able to write to MGM and see if they will replace it for you if you send the original to them.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  I just tried my Season 5 DVD third disc and it's ok. Can you open the disc on computer and see if it has three folders... AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS and JACKET_P. Also, does the disc look dirty? Sometimes there can be small amounts of dust or fingerprints(!!). Try brushing off with a soft cloth from the disc hole to the outer edge. Sometimes a stand alone DVD player can be more forgiving of the dust stuff than a computer DVD player.

I know of a few sites that discuss discs problems, I will see if anybody else has encountered the same problem. It may need to be replaced; I'll see if I can find an address/e-mail

SamFan31
                  Actually, I tried cleaning it...there are some scratches, but nothing major.

As to the folders, I don't see any at all, as though it were blank...which is weird, because I see the content just find on my DVD player in the den - just nothing on my DVD player on my PC.

Thank you for your help!

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I had the same issue with my copy of that disk. I just took it back to where I bought it and asked for a replacement disk. They gave me a new one. You might be also able to write to MGM and see if they will replace it for you if you send the original to them.

Kat
                  Problem is I got it from a Canadian seller on eBay...it was completely mint though, still wrapped in manufacturer's cellophane...

Isn't it interesting that we both have a problem with the same disk? And with all the Sam-heavy eps on it too...

Last edited by Uber; 24 April 2005, 10:58 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

As to the folders, I don't see any at all, as though it were blank...which is weird, because I see the content just find on my DVD player in the den - just nothing on my DVD player on my PC.
                    Sounds like it could be problem with your DVD drive then, firmware update might solve it... Got another to test it on to see if that is actually the case?
                    What model/make is your DVD drive?

Isn't it interesting that we both have a problem with the same disk? And with all the Sam-heavy eps on it too...
                    CONSPIRACY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Sounds like it could be problem with your DVD drive then, firmware update might solve it... Got another to test it on to see if that is actually the case?
                      What model/make is your DVD drive?

CONSPIRACY!!!!
                      But every other DVD works fine...and I'm talking about testing all of Seasons 4-6 here...just that one FRELLING DVD that doesn't

Sony DRU-510A

Comment

But every other DVD works fine...and I'm talking about testing all of Seasons 4-6 here...just that one FRELLING DVD that doesn't

Sony DRU-510A
                        Oh, well then maybe not a prob with the drive then...
                        Still, try it in another dvd drive. It just be that the disc is dodgy enough that the Sony drive wont read it, but another might

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Problem is I got it from a Canadian seller on eBay...it was completely mint though, still wrapped in manufacturer's cellophane...

Naw, they tend to have issues occassionally. I bought mine on ebay as well, he replaced it with a different copy. I tried my dvd on 3 different players, as well as two laptop computers with dvds and it wouldn't work on either, it woldn't even recognize the dvd. I bought all seven seasons at once and the guy I bought it from had another copy out in the mail within a few days. I would try getting in touch with MGM or whoever distributes it. It's probably a fluke disk.

Comment

Here's another little Sam collage that I was playing with tonight.
                            It's made especially for AstroG and everyone else who enjoys seeing
                            Sam fly.

Give Me Wings

Kat

Comment

Sam fly.

Give Me Wings

Kat
                              Thus keying in to my hopes for more PILOT SAM next season...

Good work!

Comment

Sam fly.

Give Me Wings

Kat
                                Hot damm, you're certainly rolling out some quality work lately!

Yay for Pilot!Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X