Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Part 3:

Sometimes I just have to see her kick major butt and will load up Avenger 2.0 or Reckoning or fill-in-the-blank...

Then there are the times I'm in the mood for a practically all encompassing episode (almost all of the above) and I'll watch Foothold!

IMHO, this is what makes Sam A Hero for Every Season.

Fastastic posts, Über! Love the pics! That was a lot of fun to read - and to see with the pics... I went back to the Ultimate Sam post (thread page 277) and edited it to include a link to your posts

Definitely worthy of some Royal Blue Jello!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Fastastic posts, Über! Love the pics! That was a lot of fun to read - and to see with the pics... Definitely worthy of some Royal Blue Jello!

That's a good thing...because Royal Blue is the only kind of Jello I go for these days...

(actually, I've honestly never tried blue jello...does it taste good?)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

!!!!!

Never tried blue jello!!! And you call yourself a Samandan?!?!?!
        There should be a law against that or something!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Astro also was disappointed in the costume and so was I. The babes on Andromeda and other series look like this ... kind of Barbarella Redux ... and I thought TPTB learned a lesson from the reaction to Anise and the sudden demise of Anise because her look didn't seem to fly with the fans.

Perhaps TPTB just want to welcome Vala into the bosom of Stargate ... yeah, sure ... and my friend here wants to sell you some prime real estate in the Okefenokee Swamp.
          LOL - Maybe Vala is responsible for some of the Okefenokee X-files http://www.okefenokee.com/xfiles.htm
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

That's a good thing...because Royal Blue is the only kind of Jello I go for these days...

Ok, fine, I admit it.

I don't even LIKE jello! Just the sight sometimes makes me feel ill!

That being said, however, I don't think i've ever tried BLUE jello, or jello shots, for that matter

Ok, im' sorry, im SOO far behind still on this thread... but...

FOR THE 5000th AND 5500th POSTS, I HEREBY AWARD TO...

Agent Dark
            and
            Forever Sg-1

The PURPLE bean, for MONUMENTAL posts of Samanda!!!!

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Great pics, MajorSal... I can't rep you, so I'll just have to give you some blue jello!

...and what episode was the second pic from?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Spoiler:

Well from the picture it looks as if it's BB who pulls the sword and seeing as the sword is suppose to be an ancient device this will also probably mean that LT. Colonel Mitchell shockingly has the ancient gene as well and will be able to use it. Why didn't I see that one coming???

*Tries to put a leash on the sarcasm*

I'm just letting everyone know here and now that if we suddenly find out that Cameron has the Ancient gene, on top of Daniel's new ability to access the Ancient knowledge stored in his head and Vala's ability to use Gou'ald devices, and we don't see some spectacular story arc revolve around Sam...

I'm seriously going to blow a gasket!!

But I promise to only torment my husband with my disapproval and keep far away from the thread should this happen.

*Taking deep breathe... happy thoughts...happy thoughts*

Kat
                I'll be right there with you, Kat! (gasket blowing )

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  Damn I never should have let Daniel talk me into that double tall mocha latte. I'm never going to get to sleep now!!

Comment

Thanks for posting this ChopinGal as I had no idea AT thought this negatively about that character. I give her a lot of credit and respect for saying it though. I have said before that I have more respect for people involved in TV and movies if they can accept and GIVE criticism of their work (a/la J.J. Abrams at Alias who basically came right out and admitted that his show (a top network show with double, or even triple, the ratings of SG1, not to mention a big name star of TV and movies) had taken a wrong turn last season and he is trying to make it right this season. Amber Tamblyn of Joan of Arcadia was also critical of her show earlier this season because she did not agree witht he direction and I giver her a lot of credit, and respect, too. I just wish the actors and TPTB at Stargate would be as honest.).

TPTB at Stargate strike me as arrogant and immature (no wonder pete ended up as an immature character) and unable to accept criticism of their show regardless of how bad it may be getting and they give the impression that they are never wrong and that they never make mistakes and all is well at SG1 - well, IMO, they are wrong as there seems to be more criticism of the show in the past season and a half than there had been for the first 6 seasons (I guess perhaps with the exception of 6 with Jonas but most of that came from those that shall not be named as I think many of them have gone off the deep-end with their criticisms and meaness - I actually just stopped by there and cannot really believe what I read - it is rather scary to be honest and no wonder TPTB made a comment about needing bodyguards at one time, stuff like I see over there really makes me wonder if some can tell the difference between reality and fantasy) anyway, sorry to digress.

I would love to know what AT thinks of Vala (to me she is typical of the boys pandering to the lowest common denominator, just like Anise was) and like others I would love to know if AT thinks all of this new found skin showing with all of the cast wearing the tank tops is OTT. It would be great to get an interview with her once all of Stargate is done and over with (including movies, games, etc.), so she could really open up and say what she thinks because I for one have to believe that all of the cast is told to hold back critical comments of the show or else, or they at least hold back to keep their jobs, so getting an interview when all is said and done could be very interesting, IMO.

Comment

I hope this serving of blue jello will help cheer up our fair President a bit...

Better hurry though or our Queen will finish it off!

And whatever OUR Sam doesn't eat, you know AU Sam will finish it off!!!

So you'd better hurry!!!

ROTFLOL! Very nicely done, Über! What fun!
                      And, since it looks like you are probably out of blue jello now, I figure that I'd better help you restock...

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        This pic reminded me of the Moxie Fruvous Spiderman song parody: I've taken the liberty with the lyrics>

(TH sings)
                        Colonel Sam, Colonel Sam
                        Friendly neighborhood Colonel Sam
                        Is she strong? Listen bud
                        She's got naquadah in her blood
                        Hey there

(Samanda)
                        Where?

(TH)
                        There goes our Colonel Sam

TH
                        Fighter Sam, fighter Sam
                        Does whatever a fighter can
                        Shooby Doo, a rock steady crew
                        There's nothing she and her team can't do
                        With flair

Samanda
                        Hair!

TH
                        There goes our fighter Sam

Samanda
                        In the heat of night at the scene of a crime
                        With the speed of light she arrives just in time

Jay Felgar
                        Jay Felgar here to remind you that no red-blooded boy or girl would miss this Saturday's appearance of Sam Carter down at the local county con, unless of course, they're at home with their collection of SG-1 action figures.

TH
                        Genius Sam's master plan
                        Build a naquadah power plant
                        Save the world? Yeah sure you bet
                        Better than this is doesn't get
                        Look out

[I]Samanda[/]
                        Where?

TH
                        Wherever there's a bang

Samanda
                        There!

TH
                        You'll find a great big hang

Samanda
                        Scare!

TH
                        You'll find our

Samanda
                        Hero Sammmmmmmmm!

TH
                        Scoobydoobydoobydoobydobow!
                        My Tok'Ra sense is tingling!

Jay Felger
                        Heh, heh, it sure is, in such episodes as:
                        Sammy Goes Speed Racing
                        Sammy In Netu
                        Sammy's Guys
                        Sammy's Spidey Pals
                        Sammy, The Underwater Adventure Seeker.....

<<<APPLAUSE>>>

ROTFLOL! That was such fun, TH! Any idea where I could find the (original) song online so that I can listen to it?

So many of you folks are so creative! I am so impressed - and glad that you are all posting on this thread so that I get to enjoy things like this.

Comment

However in this case, I can say categorically, if AT leaves the show and with RDA already gone, I honestly do not think there will be anything left to hold my attention. I might catch an ep now and then out of curiosity...but I honestly don't care enough about just Daniel and Teal'c to stick around.
                          You know, to be honest, I am almost hoping she decides to leave because I really cannot stand this anymore. It takes too much energy to keep hoping TPTB will fix this only to see it all getting more and more ridiculous. If the pics of the first ep are anything to go by my decision to skip the first 5 because of no Sam, almost no Jack and really no real SG1 seems to be a good decision because none of this other stuff interests me at all. We'll see what happens when Carter returns but at this point I just wish it would end so I can stop worrying about them continuing this direction of bringing down this once superb character and what was once a great sci-fi show that was different and not your everyday run-of-the-mill sci-fi nonsense. (OMG Vala just looks like a ludicrous character following up on what I read and heard about PU. Unfortunately TPTB have at the same time gotten rid of the characters that had integrity and resepct like Major Davis, Jacob, Janet, Hammond, etc.). (As an OT side note - saw the pic of Daniel with CM and in addition to telling MS to stop talking so fast as Daniel can someone please also tell him to stop crinkling his forehead in almost every scene he does.)

EDITED to ADD: Sorry to bring this down but these new pics and the ep spoilers thus far really are depressing fuel for this already skeptical fire. Not that they focus on Carter or anything but I miss the old SG1 as a whole - I think not only have they made Carter into a character I seldom recognized these past 2 seasons they have done the same to Jack, Daniel and Teal'c as well as to the show in general . . . sigh.
                          Last edited by binkpmmc; 23 April 2005, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            Ok, fine, I admit it.

I don't even LIKE jello! Just the sight sometimes makes me feel ill!

That being said, however, I don't think i've ever tried BLUE jello, or jello shots, for that matter

Ok, im' sorry, im SOO far behind still on this thread... but...

FOR THE 5000th AND 5500th POSTS, I HEREBY AWARD TO...

Agent Dark
                            and
                            Forever Sg-1

The PURPLE bean, for MONUMENTAL posts of Samanda!!!!

Even though the giant jelly bean might freak her out a little, I still think we should have a Samanda Appreciation Day and invite AT to join us for Blue Jello and cake.

Think she'd be up for it MajorSam???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

Gotta love the SaGC thread!!

The best part about this thread is that the Sam character is appreciated, with all her strengths and weaknesses, and that there have been so many thoughtful and respectful discussions thus far about so many aspects of Carter---her leadership, her scientific mind, her military kickbutt attitude, her losses, her bravery, her enduring friendships with Teal'c, Daniel, Janet, Hammond and Jack, her relationships with aliens, her familial relationships with Jacob and Cassie, her defining moments, and yes, her "shipping" or "lack of shipping" with other characters, to name a few. I really enjoy reading everyone's ideas about how Sam has progressed thus far, and what others want to see for her in the future. Thanks for all the great discussions thus far--can't wait until we are able to discuss Sam when she comes back in season nine!!
                              Well stated, chocdoc!
                              Thanks to AstroG for putting together a wonderful summary of comments with pics. I was "floored" once again.
                              Thanks chocdoc, and to everyone who has posted such kind words about the Ultimate Sam Poll and Summary Comments
                              I also like people's sense of humor on this thread! I have laughed out loud a number of times.
                              I agree wholeheartedly - there is some amazing wit and humor amongst the posters here - thanks to everyone who makes me smile wide and laugh out loud! And thanks to all who make me think, too!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Great pics, MajorSal... I can't rep you, so I'll just have to give you some blue jello!

...and what episode was the second pic from?
                                thanks, astro.

the second pic's from broca divide, where sam's already gone cavechick and is writhing on the bed. poor sam... that style just makes more hair for her to pluck off her eyebrows.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X