Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Sorry, this is a bit OT but wanted to share…

Here’s an example of something to tide our family over until the real DVD Season 8 release in October. With the help of Photoshop and various friends we’ve come up with a temporary solution until the real thing comes along. It’s still a work in progress, as you can see. But it will serve as a cover for the episode case until October.

Suggestions for improvements are warmly welcomed. Any ideas for additional pictures to put in the small Stargates on the left panel? It’s already been a joint effort in this house…

Now if we just had one of those printers that can print pics directly on the DVD…. Well, we can dream!

If there is a better thread for this please let me know. We created it with Sam as the main focus.

Click on the link below.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...-New-Order.jpg
    That's really great SamFan31!!!

To quote Jack: 'If Only...'

Kat

Comment

AstroG--thanks for the compilation of comments on great Sam episodes! I think blue jello is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        If it wasn't for my HUGE, HONKING crush on RDA/Jack, I wouldn't mind Sam with Daniel. He's sweet and understanding and handsome. In fact, out of all the guys they've throw Sam's way, Jack and Daniel are the only ones I feel are worthy of this wonderful woman. Well, I think Teal'c's worthy too, but I guess I'd prefer her with a human from Earth.

Sally
        If Daniel hadn't already been married, I could have seen them winding up together. (Though I am against any pairings within the team on principle.)

Another (non shippy) thought has occurred to me as I've been rewatching many of the season 1 and 2 episodes that SciFi is running. Militarily competent Sam is often in the position of protecting Daniel--pulling him out of the line of fire, throwing hand grenades, etc. Now he can take care of himself pretty well. But he's seen her in action all these years--no wonder he has no question in her competence to LEAD the team now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Hey, forget the bad-hair days and unflattering flubs - I'm sure there's lots of other footage that would be just as funny! Sam's routine with MacGyver belt buckles in Solitudes for one. I know fans would buy a Blooper DVD - there's gold in them thar spills!
          On the Season 6 DVDs, on one of the extras they include a bit with AT hamming it up in "alternate takes", so to speak, in Frozen. You get to see her silly side.

Comment

Ok, guys, and i'm gonna say this here to everyone.

Everyone in this thread is united by one goal, we all like Sam. Plain and simple. Some of us like her in a single act, some of us like her paired up with someone else.

Just because we have different preferences, it doesn't make any of us any less of a fan.

In one way, HRH does have a point. There are a lot of shippers in this thread so it's natural that posts may take a shippy turn now and again. However there are other people here who don't care for sam and jack as a couple and would like to discuss Sam as herself, rather than as part of a pair.

How about we try a little tolerance on all sides? The shippers among us can try to focus some of our comments more on sam than on sam and jack, the non-shippers can also try to focus thier comments on sam, and all of us can have some tolerance for those times when a person's POV isn't quite in line with thier own.

I think it's amazing that Samanda has survived for over 5000 posts with no battles or discord amongst us, and I'd love for us to go 5000 more

At the end of the day, the reason we're all playing in this thread is because we all think that Sam is a great character.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

speaking in the pov of the show, i think one reason i don't quite see sam/daniel romance is because daniel was married for the first three years that they knew each other.

and i see sam being raised with the attitude that marriage is sancrosanct. (in other words, you don't mess around with married guys)

to her, daniel may as well have been a girl. He was married he was off limits. plain and simple.

then, once shau'ri was killed, i think thier friendship was too well developed to risk messing it up with romance. not to mention that the frat regs applied to them too. daniel may be a civilian, but he's still bound by the frat regs. and sam is his boss in the line of command, so sam/daniel is just as off limits as sam/jack

i can certainly see them as friends, just as i see sam/teal'c

for something 'more'...it'd have to be in fic. Just like sam/teal'c. on the show, they're friends. for something more, it has to be in fic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                Ok, guys, and i'm gonna say this here to everyone.

Everyone in this thread is united by one goal, we all like Sam. Plain and simple. Some of us like her in a single act, some of us like her paired up with someone else.

Just because we have different preferences, it doesn't make any of us any less of a fan.

In one way, HRH does have a point. There are a lot of shippers in this thread so it's natural that posts may take a shippy turn now and again. However there are other people here who don't care for sam and jack as a couple and would like to discuss Sam as herself, rather than as part of a pair.

How about we try a little tolerance on all sides? The shippers among us can try to focus some of our comments more on sam than on sam and jack, the non-shippers can also try to focus thier comments on sam, and all of us can have some tolerance for those times when a person's POV isn't quite in line with thier own.

I think it's amazing that Samanda has survived for over 5000 posts with no battles or discord amongst us, and I'd love for us to go 5000 more

At the end of the day, the reason we're all playing in this thread is because we all think that Sam is a great character.

Well said. Perhaps HRH is not a regular & so hasn't seen the overall flow of this thread and so may be getting a bit of a bad rap. People occasionally get a bit off the track into the "shippy" world (from my perspective) but we are kind of self-correcting. Someone always brings up something else and the discussion flies off in that direction. I like that people here always make me think of things in a different way. I don't always change my interpretation (I'll never be a shipper) but I'm always interested in what people have to say. Besides, you can always skip over some of the shippy posts until things settle into something else.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  Astro, your collection of everything that is Samanda has really turned into an anthology of our favorite character! It should be printed, collated, and bound into a beautiful leather binder which would include a CD with the audio clips. Then sent post haste to AT so someday she can show Olivia all the really neat adventures her mom experienced. Such good stuff all in one location.

I'm being silly (it's late) but I'm so impressed with everyone's well thought out contributions (I could never express myself as well as you folks do) and Astro's bringing it all together.

Well done!!!!

SamFan31
                  A brilliant idea that negates your second paragraph!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

Sam: Yep... Definitely should have brought my sidearm.
                    LOL! - Good one Dancer!
                    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Sam: Wow. *cough* This is uh...different. The P-90 is uber cool. and her hair ... wow...I'm speechless. (cringing) So you made this huh?
                    And more LOL! How perfect, Kat!
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 23 April 2005, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

...People occasionally get a bit off the track into the "shippy" world (from my perspective) but we are kind of self-correcting. Someone always brings up something else and the discussion flies off in that direction. I like that people here always make me think of things in a different way. I don't always change my interpretation (I'll never be a shipper) but I'm always interested in what people have to say ... you can always skip over some of the shippy posts until things settle into something else.
                      It's called regression to the mean.

Well put, Jacko ... this thread now moves so fast with so many incoming ideas that it's often hard to stay in the flow - but we do seem to be "self correcting" and there's always something new to be thought about or debated. And, I agree, hearing others' diverse opinions makes me stand back and examine my own and suddenly see alternative perspectives too.

It's never boring, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        But I think that's what makes her way cool... We don't have to choose! We get it all...

But as to which I prefer... truly depends on my mood.

Sometimes I just want to see her be a smart alec and laugh my head off at her in any scene with McKay and more recently Maybourne.

Sometimes I want to see her softer side and love watching Grace or Singularity.

Sometimes I want to see her make a mistake, so I'll view Red Sky or Gemini.

Sometimes I'm in a mood for a mystery, so I'll have to see her solve a major problem like in Matter of Time or Small Victories.

Sometimes I just have to see Sam be taken over by an alien being, so I'll see Entity or In the Line of Duty.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to see her deal with loss, so I'll pop in Heroes or Paradise Lost.

Sometimes I want to see her enduring something painful, so I'll go for Death Knell or New Order.

Sometimes I just want to see her try to get a handle on her O'Neill issues so I'll be in the mood to watch Lost City or Threads.

Sometimes I want an "she's not really our Sam" episode, so I'll watch something like Point of View or Moebius.

Sometimes I just want to see her kick back, have some fun and show that 1000 megawatt smile...so I'll drag out Space Race or Nemesis (she said she was having fun...).

Sometimes I just have to see her kick major butt and will load up Avenger 2.0 or Reckoning or fill-in-the-blank...

Then there are the times I'm in the mood for a practically all encompassing episode (almost all of the above) and I'll watch Foothold!

IMHO, this is what makes Sam a hero for every season.

Great post, Über! Definitely worth some royal blue jello!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Caption this.

sally
                          Sam to Felger: "You're sure it's anatomically correct?!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Hey, forget the bad-hair days and unflattering flubs - I'm sure there's lots of other footage that would be just as funny! Sam's routine with MacGyver belt buckles in Solitudes for one. I know fans would buy a Blooper DVD - there's gold in them thar spills!
                            LOL, Jester! How do you keep coming up with these?

And I would *definitely* buy a boopers DVD!

Comment

Sam to herself: At least she's got clothes on

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                Sam to herself: At least she's got clothes on
                                Isn't it a riot that this is one of the first Caption This photos that most if not all of us have posted some sort of caption for?

The expression on her face is priceless...

I can't wait to hear the audio commentary on this scene...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X