• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal

Caption this.

sally
    Wow!...what a great haircut!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      For the record, the part about Sam and It's Good to be King was actually my line *cough, cough* (AstroG was quoting me)
      oops, i'm sorry. i'm going to go fix it.

People overlook it I think, but Entity was another show that demonstrated how vital a character Sam is because after reviewing all their files and after observing their behavior for a while, the Entity rightly concluded that Sam was probably the most valuable person there...
      i've never looked at it that way. you're right!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Astro, your collection of everything that is Samanda has really turned into an anthology of our favorite character! It should be printed, collated, and bound into a beautiful leather binder which would include a CD with the audio clips. Then sent post haste to AT so someday she can show Olivia all the really neat adventures her mom experienced. Such good stuff all in one location.

I'm being silly (it's late) but I'm so impressed with everyone's well thought out contributions (I could never express myself as well as you folks do) and Astro's bringing it all together.

Well done!!!!

SamFan31
        Last edited by SamFan31; 22 April 2005, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          I agree Über! From what folks have said, I don't think any of the actors will come onto one of our threads - I think when they hold an online chat they always have a moderator (to sift through the submitted questions - and sift out the 'trolls')... so perhaps we need to figure out how to get a special online chat with AT? We'd need a moderator and I am clueless on how to make any of it happen. Seems like I just read somewhere that all of their appearances and/or online chats are worked through the publicity office... which could nix our hopes. But I still really like the idea... does anyone know how we might get it to happen? Maybe we'll just have to all keep our ears open for the next time that AT is doing an online chat somewhere and we'll all just have to sign on!
          CALLING MAJOR SAM!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            That's great news! I was wondering how that might affect the show, but it almost sounds like it might be a good thing.
            In reference to Sony - N. John Smith said that because of the success of the Stargate franchise they have more freedom than most shows. A few of the changes in cast for both SG-1 & Atlantis are network driven because of demographics. But both John and Martin Wood said that they are really luck in that the network/studios stay out of their way most of the time. Martin & Andy did job about it being helpful to have a Sony executive that is a big fan of the show.

As to Carmen being back as Jacob in S9 - there were a couple of different possible story ideas mentioned last weekend that he may appear. Couple of the things that were mentioned include
            Spoiler:
            an episode were Sam deals with all the loses the last few years in particular Jacob; possibility of an episode with the Quantum Mirror
            However it did not sound like either of these are fully developed stories at this point just ideas that have been talked about by the writer/producers.

DVD extra questions were asked several different times to different panel last weekend. When asked about gag reels (out takes) N. John Smith said that he has lots of footage that they have been saving for the cast/crew final rap party when the series ends - Martin joked about it getting loooooonnnger every year. When asked about that being released he said one of the reasons that they have not released out takes is that most of them are not very flattering to the actors. They are usually not finished film footage - I think it was Martin that it would be a good thing to release with the S10 DVD set.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              When asked about gag reels (out takes) N. John Smith said that he has lots of footage that they have been saving for the cast/crew final rap party when the series ends - Martin joked about it getting loooooonnnger every year. When asked about that being released he said one of the reasons that they have not released out takes is that most of them are not very flattering to the actors. They are usually not finished film footage - I think it was Martin that it would be a good thing to release with the S10 DVD set.
              Laughing just thinking about it! It'd be great if they filmed the last day and put together a special, with a gag reel, stand-out moments from over the years, interviews etc...I'd watch it for sure.
              Royal Page of Samanda
              "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Great post, deepspace! And welcome back! I like the way you put this, in particular:
                Spoiler:
                I really really liked all the Jolinar related episodes, and I don’t want that to be taken away because another new Tok’ra has come along to occupy half of Sam’s head.
                And as for your comment about Vala... I have to admit that I have not seen Prometheus Unbound, nor have I seen any Farscape episodes, so I felt pretty ambivalent about Vala... but... erm... Gateworld just posted a pic for the season 9 episode Avalon...and Vala is in the shot... wearing black leather? And showing plenty of bosom - and this is how she dresses 'on the job'.. on a 'daily basis'? Erm... reminded me of my earlier comment about invasion of the Alien Sluts... sigh... However, I am trying to hold back on my prudishness (I always winced when 7 of 9 walked on screen in her catsuit and that was tame compared to Vala's costume)... OK... Astrog just needs time to get her instant reaction under control...
                Yeah I saw the picture last night and my expectations for next year sort of dropped a notch. I have a sickening feeling in my gut that it's PU all over again. I'm sorry but to me she looks like a Dominatrix in a bad movie. A part of me is so glad that Sam is far far away and doesn't have to belittle herself to be in the same company of Vala. I couldn't stand the get ups they put Anise in and this is far worse. *Grumbles to herself*

Kat

Comment

Sam: Wow. *cough* This is uh...different. The P-90 is uber cool. and her hair ... wow...I'm speechless. (cringing) So you made this huh?
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 23 April 2005, 06:57 AM.

Comment

If it wasn't for my HUGE, HONKING crush on RDA/Jack, I wouldn't mind Sam with Daniel. He's sweet and understanding and handsome. In fact, out of all the guys they've throw Sam's way, Jack and Daniel are the only ones I feel are worthy of this wonderful woman. Well, I think Teal'c's worthy too, but I guess I'd prefer her with a human from Earth.

Sally
                    I don't know about that. I was watching Zero Hour last night and my my my... Teal'c was looking mighty fine and that warm smile he gave Sam. I think in season 1 or 2 I may have wanted Sam to hook up with Daniel more, but now... if a particular man doesn't get his act together I could seriously see her getting all cozy with a certain Jaffa.

Heads out in search of the Sam/Teal'c thread... *cackle*

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

...As to Carmen being back as Jacob in S9 - there were a couple of different possible story ideas mentioned last weekend that he may appear. Couple of the things that were mentioned include
                      Spoiler:
                      an episode were Sam deals with all the loses the last few years in particular Jacob; possibility of an episode with the Quantum Mirror
                      However it did not sound like either of these are fully developed stories at this point just ideas that have been talked about by the writer/producers.

DVD extra questions were asked several different times to different panel last weekend. When asked about gag reels (out takes) N. John Smith said that he has lots of footage that they have been saving for the cast/crew final rap party when the series ends - Martin joked about it getting loooooonnnger every year. When asked about that being released he said one of the reasons that they have not released out takes is that most of them are not very flattering to the actors. They are usually not finished film footage - I think it was Martin that it would be a good thing to release with the S10 DVD set.
                      If they actually write an episode of Sam dealing with all her losses, then
                      Spoiler:
                      they would have to bring Janet back too and Cassie! That's what I think! Heck, throw in Joe and Martouf and Narim too - what fun! It could be quantum mirror or just dreams/nightmares and flashbacks. Wow - now that would be something. Prediction: AT would act up a storm and probably get nominated for another Leo. But, would they have to include Pete at the end as another loss?

Hey, forget the bad-hair days and unflattering flubs - I'm sure there's lots of other footage that would be just as funny! Sam's routine with MacGyver belt buckles in Solitudes for one. I know fans would buy a Blooper DVD - there's gold in them thar spills!

Comment

And the Blue Jello Awards

for the Ultimate Carter Episodes
                        go to....

Grace
                        Jolinar’s Memories/TDYK
                        Singularity

In The Line of Duty
                        Death Knell
                        Foothold

Best Carter Episode Poll Results by Season:
                        Click on the episode titles to view Sam-highlight episode pics

Season 1: SaGC Thread page#43, Post#846
                        Singularity (S1) ............... Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #175, post 9)+ more screen caps (by Über)
                        Solitudes (S1)................. Brad Wright (Thread page #38, post 759)
                        Hathor (S1).................... D. Carren/J Carroll (Thread page #45, post 891)

Season 2: SaGC Thread page#50, Post#983
                        In The Line Of Duty (S2) ..................... Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #50, post 984)
                        Tokra 1&2 (S2).................Johnathan Glassner (Thread page #6, post 105)
                        A Matter of Time (S2) ……...Misha Rashovich, Brad Wright (Thread page #6, post 110)

Season 3: SaGC Thread page#70, Post#1389
                        Jolinar's Memories/TDYK (S3).......S. Wareham, D.Stashower (Thread page #70, post 1390)
                        Foothold (S3).................. Heather E. Ash (Thread page #16, post 306)
                        Point of View (S3)............ J.Glassner, R.Cooper, B.Wright (Thread page #66, post 1320)

Season 4: SaGC Thread page#88, Post#1751;
                        .....Season 4 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 1752, 1753, 1754
                        Entity (S4)...................... Peter Deluise (Thread page #88, post 1748)
                        Divide and Conquer (S4).... T. Valenza
                        2010 (S4)....................... Brad Wright (Thread page #78, post 1550)

Season 5: SaGC Thread page#117, Post#2338;
                        ....Season 5 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 2339, 2340, 2341
                        Ascension (S5)................ Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #96, post 1917 and Thread page 11, post 201)
                        2001 (S5)....................... Brad Wright (Thread page #9, post 162)
                        ......................................+ p#205, pst 4083 (by Uber) + p#206, pst 4111 and p#207, pst 4135 - by Nearly Circular
                        48 hours (S5).................. Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #117, post 2340)
                        Desperate Measures (S5) ….. Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie (Thread page #117, post 2339)

Season 6: SaGC Thead page#147, Post#2921
                        ....Season 6 Episode comments from SaGC members: Post 2926, 2927, 2928
                        Nightwalkers (S6) ……… ...... Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie (Thread page #147, post 2926)
                        Paradise Lost (S6) ………..... Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #147, post 2927)
                        Metamorphosis (S6) ……… ...Jacqueline Samuda, James Tichenor (Thread page #147, post 2928)
                        Unnatural Selection (S6) ……Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright (Thread page #147, post 2927)

Season 7: SaGC Thead page#182, Post#3621
                        ....Season 7 Episode comments from SaGC members: Posts 3625, 3626, 3627, 3628, 3629, 3630
                        Grace (S7) ………................Damien Kindler (Thread page #182, post 3627)
                        Death Knell (S7) ….............Peter Deluise (Thread page #182, post 3629)
                        Heroes pt 2 (S7) ……… ...... Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #182, post 3629)

Season 8: SaGC Thead page#213, Post#4241
                        ....Season 8 Episode comments from SaGC members: Posts 4243, 4244 , 4245 , 4246 , 4247, 4248 , 4249
                        Threads (S8)………… Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #213, post 4249)
                        Gemini (S8)………… Peter Deluise (Thread page #213, post 4245)
                        Moebius (S8)………. Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie & Brad Wright & Robert C. Cooper (Thread page #213, post 4248)
                        Reckoning pt 2 (S8)…. Damian Kindler (Thread page #213, post 4246)
                        Ultimate Sam Carter Episode Summary Comments:
                        Thread page 277, post 5522, post 5523, post 5524 and post 5525
                        Great Sam lines and quotes
                        SaGC Thread page 167, post 3321
                        And special thanks once again to Skydiver for creating and maintaining the polls for us!
                        Once again AstroG, you have outdone yourself!!! This summary is fantastic!!! Wish I could rep you for it. I bow in awe of your greatness!!!

Kat

Comment

I just want to say, in the spirit of Samanda, that there are other kingdoms out there which celebrate Sam Carter and Amanda.

Please visit Amanda's own website run by a really neat guy, Kamil, who takes great pains to update and keep everyone informed of the latest from AT herself: www.amandatapping.com

And then there's a whole group of active fans over at Yahoo.com who extol her praises. You can join the Amanda Tapping Fan Club and I believe an Amanda's Diary site too run by Sandra and Selena. I don't have the direct links but I bet Astro would do the favors and help me with this.

Happy Sam Surfing!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Once again AstroG, you have outdone yourself!!! This summary is fantastic!!! Wish I could rep you for it. I bow in awe of your greatness!!!
                            Let it be known that Keeper of the Flame has gone beyond the call of duty in her latest masterpiece: The Ultimate Sam Compendium. Even those of us who are remiss in meeting the mandatory deadline, now stand in awe of the amount of information collected and compiled for the Samanda archives.

A yeoman's job! Hear, hear ... many beans of all shapes and colours ... and jello and cake and a swig of sloe gin.

Congrats, AstroG, and thank you for yet another job well done! You add so much fun and friendliness to this thread!
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 23 April 2005, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Regarding the Carmen Argenziano interview, what impressed me most was the actor's unabashed love for AT and admiration of her talent: "... I always thought of her as a class actress, a Meryl Streep class actress. She has a wonderful sensitivity, wonderful intelligence, nothing prima donna-ish about Amanda at all. She's just real and sweet and positive and smart. She incorporates all that emotional stuff into her performance and she was just wonderful."

This has to really touch AT because she has gone on record saying that Meryl Streep is one of her role models, acting icons. To be thought of in that way by a fellow actor is probably the ultimate compliment.
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 23 April 2005, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Sorry, this is a bit OT but wanted to share…

Here’s an example of something to tide our family over until the real DVD Season 8 release in October. With the help of Photoshop and various friends we’ve come up with a temporary solution until the real thing comes along. It’s still a work in progress, as you can see. But it will serve as a cover for the episode case until October.

Suggestions for improvements are warmly welcomed. Any ideas for additional pictures to put in the small Stargates on the left panel? It’s already been a joint effort in this house…

Now if we just had one of those printers that can print pics directly on the DVD…. Well, we can dream!

If there is a better thread for this please let me know. We created it with Sam as the main focus.

Click on the link below.
                                http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...-New-Order.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X