• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series Favorite Carter Episodes:
    Summary Comments

Sam - A Hero For All Seasons Part 1 , Part 2, Part 3, by UberSG-1Fan

Banner by UberSG-1Fan

Best All-Around Carter Episodes

AgentDark Grace without a doubt. In fact best Carter and one of the best Stargate episodes ever
    Skydiver Death Knell, Tangent
    Charlie 'Death Knell' and 'In the Line of Duty' for sheer Sam brilliance!
    Astrogeologist Foothold - Foothold screen caps/storyboards , comments and evaluation
    Grace - Grace screen cap/storyboards. , comments, dialogue and a few audio clips
    2010 - 2010 screen caps/storyboards, comments and dialogue

Ascension -Ascension screen caps/storyboards, with comments and episode dialogue
    ColeyFoothold - It was all up to Carter in this one. On her own for the first time I think - and of course she saved the day!!
    Ascension - The many facets of Samantha Carter
    Nemesis - for me this showed the strength of character she has as a soldier

Tok'Ra Hostess Matter of Time and Message in a Bottle
    These two are among my all time favs because they show Smart Scientist Sam with Heart, Angst, giving orders, not giving up, and if Pressure has an ass, she was kickin' it in these two eps.

NearlyCircular
    I’d make an argument for Foothold as one of the best all around Sam episodes. Sam does almost all the things we love her for. She’s kick-ass, shooting the aliens on the airplane; in-your-face with Maybourne, giving us one of our all time favorite Sam lines, which was ad-libbed; whumped when the alien masquerading as the general knocked her across the room; played scientist when she figured out that sound would disrupt the alien disguises; got to work with Teal’c (all too briefly); and AT acted it all brilliantly. She looked exhausted in that scene in Washington, disgusted with Maybourne, not wanting to believe Jack and Daniel, but too tired to think straight, and finally giving in. I thought this episode more than any other was the one where Sam got to be the hero in a traditional sense. She really was “action Sam” in Foothold. BTW, I voted for Foothold as the best Sam episode for the reasons above, although it was really hard to choose between it and Grace.

chocdoc Singularity, In the Line of Duty, Foothold, Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, Ascension, Grace, New Order
    Rogue One of my favorite Sam eps is Nightwalker. Besides doing a great job commanding the mission, she also looks very cool in black. Both Teal'c and Jonas respected her position as leader. Too bad season 8 didn't show more of Sam's leadership abilities.
    ChopinGal I had a very hard time deciding on the ultimate Sam episode too because of her terrific acting in so many of the shows ... finally narrowed it down to In The Line of Duty and Grace . The more I thought about it, the more I leaned to the latter because it seems to show a more mature Sam at a major turning point in her life and was such a showcase for her talent. The scene with her father aboard the Prometheus was a classic, about as real and believable as it could get. And the way she was able to show her deteriorating condition throughout through subtle gestures and looks: shock, weariness, depression, frustration, disbelief, coping, denial, acceptance, including the final scene in the infirmary with Jack which was so melancholy in a way. So Grace it is! Sam running the full gamut of emotion from A to Z once again!
    dipsofjazz Solitudes, Hathor, Foothold, Reckoning part 2 .
    MajorSal Grace, Entity, In the Line of Duty, A Matter of Time, Foothold, Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, Desperate Measures, Death Knell, and Threads . (I could pick a LOT more, but I'm trying to keep the list reasonable. )
    deepspace I have been having a lot of difficulty picking an ultimate Sam episode… missed the poll anyway. I started off with Death Knell, thinking, well, this episode is all Sam, it’s pretty much nothing but her, toughing it out, fighting for her life. Then I changed my mind, and thought of all the episodes I like most.
    While I love In The Line of Duty and Entity, they really aren’t Sam episodes so much as great episodes that have huge ramifications for Sam, but are not really about her, so much as the aliens that take over her body. Brilliant acting by Amanda though.
    I then thought of Foothold, which really does show most sides of Sam, she’s competent, clever, and saves the day (world). I tossed around a few more, and swapped my preferences around numerous times, but I keep coming back to A Matter of Time as being one of my very favourite episodes, which is about the real Sam. I know it doesn’t show the military side of Sam so well, as it’s mostly about her as a scientist, trying to come up with a scientiffic solution to a major problem, but for me it just really shows Sam, as… Sam.
    I’ll probably change my mind tomorrow, if not in the first five minuted after I submit this post.
    But thankyou again to skydiver for running the Sam polls from beginning to end, and to astrogeologist for archiving them. And congratulations to the winner, Grace.

Great Kick-A$$ Carter Scenes

AgentDark Emancipation, the knife fight with the Shavadai
    FIAD, Sam and AT-4 = Dead Jaffa Staff Emplacement
    Endgame, Takes down the bad guy with her hands tied behind her back
    The Warrior, She's a bloody good shot with that P-90

Skydiver Desperate Measures

Astrogeologist Forever In A Day - when she wields the big anti-tank gun! FIAD screen caps/storyboards and comments. ForeverSG-1's FIAD screen caps
    Coley The First Commandment - when she gave the mine guard a good thumping and afterwards said "That
    was refreshing!"
    Forever in a Day - Opening scene fire fight with the Jaffa, taking charge of the rocket launcher and taking out the Jaffa cannon with the first shot!!
    Nemesis - Shooting heck out of the replicators
    Exodus - kicking replicator Ass
    Carter - "I'm enjoying myself now sir!"
    O'Neill - "You go girl!"
    Homecoming - where she joins in the fisty cuffs with the Jaffa. I think this is where she dislodged a rib!
    There but for the Grace of God - "Oh Yeah, I also want to blow us all to hell!!

Tok'Ra Hostess Emancipation. Sorry, but I still, after all these seasons, do luv to watch Sam kick Turghan's ass into the next century.
    chocdoc Too many to mention!!
    MajorSal (too many, can't think of names)
    Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 May 2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Best Carter Episode Summary List Part 2

Best AT Acting Episodes

AgentDark Heroes, Great range of emotions from AT.
      Gemini, AT plays evil sooo good
      Jolinars Memories/TDYK, Especially her flashbacks. But the whole thing was great.
      Moebius, Geek!Sam - lol
      Grace, I'd say one of her best performances yet

Charlie 'Grace', 'Threads' and 'Moebius' for AT's amazing acting
      Skydiver grace, itlod, death knell
      chocdoc Also too many to mention, but here goes anyway: Singularity, Solitudes, Tok'ra I and II, Ascension, Meridian, Grace, Death Knell, New Order, Gemini, Reckoning I and II, and Moebius I and II
      Astrogeologist Grace - Grace screen caps/storyboards, comments, dialogue and a few audio clips
      Death Knell - Death Knell screen caps/storyboards with comments and dialogue
      2010 - 2010 screen cap/storyboards, comments and dialogue

Coley Ascension without a doubt for me. This episode showed so many different facets of Sam and AT acted them out to perfection. My two favourite clips.

Right at the beginning when O'Neill told her not to touch the technology, and repeated it, her following expressions were just brilliant: - sort of an innocent "who me"? Merged with a little peeved "It's my job to touch"! merged with a stubborn "Well I'm gonna touch anyway!" And she did!!!

In the briefing room when General Hammond told her that SG16 were taking over investigating the technology. She requested to join SG16 and the General denied it. Her peeved look straight after this was priceless!

Everyone is gonna hate me for this but Chimera displayed AT's acting talents to the full. A totally different Sam appeared. I preferred the innocent shy Sam but AT played confident and flirty to the full. The episode also proved that Sam is most certainly not just a pretty face!! Enough said!!
      Redemption - Quite simply for the comedic interaction with MacKay. Would love to see more of them together.
      Avenger 2 - hilarious playing it straight!
      Matter of Time - because of her delivery of all the techno babble - seemingly with ease! Oh and of course the doughnut!

Tok'Ra Hostess Ah, well, dated and cliche as it was, I'd say Entity was AT's best performance.
      MajorSal Entity, Grace, Heroes2, Solitudes, Desperate Measures, Paradise Lost, In the Line of Duty, Jolinar's Mem/TDYK .

Best AT Acting Scenes

AgentDark Singularity, The elevator when she refuses to leave Cassie
      In the Line of Duty, Scene at the end with Cassie. (and any scene where they Goa-uld AT's voice. She sounds pretty cool like that )

Skydiver the very end if itlod, daniel's death, sam and jacob in threads
      Astrogeologist Singularity – the scene in the elevator! Singularity screen caps/storyboards with transcript dialogue excerpts
      Entity[ – no vocal cords used, but everyone knows this alien is pissed! Entity screen caps/storyboards
      Heroes, pt 2 – losing it in the corridor with the video reporter. Heroes screen caps/storyboards with episode dialogue and a few comments

Coley My fave all time - in Need right at the end when they come back through the Stargate. In response to O'Neill's "Carter picked up some Naquadah!" she lifts the said mineral up with a motion which portrayed "I'm right fed up and all I want is a shower then I'm gonna have words with Daniel" It was such a small clip and she was in the background that it totally knocked me out that she could communicate those feelings to me the viewer.

Another small clip from The First Commandment - when they are settling down in the camp for the night and breaking out the rations
      Daniel - "This tastes like chicken"
      Sam - "What's wrong with it?"
      Daniel - "It's supposed to be macaroni cheese!"
      AT just looked at the packet in disgust and plops it down with just brilliant motion!

She acts 100% of the time all the time!!!

Forever in a Day - her scene with Daniel in the infirmary after Shaare is killed.

Spacerace - the briefing room scene when she was angling to get in on the race. I just though she played exited and trying-to-look-innocent manipulator perfectly!

Upgrades - After the "scuffle" in O'Malley's
      O'Neill - ….."Carter wanted steak"
      Carter - "It was your idea…..Sir!
      Her delivery and expression - just class!

Small Victories. I though the whole scene with Thor on his ship was brilliant. She delivered so many expressions it is a joy to watch again and again! In particular the yellow cube snippet and:-
      Sam - You don't happen to keep any (replicators) around for study?!
      Thor - "It's too dangerous!"
      Sam - "Of course that would be stupid! Just out of curiosity could, say, oh I don't know, two of the individual blocks replicate?
      Thor - "It requires several blocks working together to make new blocks"
      Sam - "It's good to know!"

I thought AT was priceless

Rite of Passage - The chess scene with Cassie. AT got a chance to act a non-SG1 relationship scene, very rare for her and again perfect delivery - you just wanted to hug her for being so sweet. Thought the Cassie actor was also brilliant.

Let's face it there isn't anything that she can't act!!

Tok'Ra Hostess Grace - especially when Sam passed out while arguing with her Daniel self that second time.
      dipsofjazz I love the way Amanda is always acting/reacting in the background of scenes where other characters are the focus.
      MajorSal Sam as Entity. Sam breaking down in Heroes 2 (hallway scene, Jack/infirmary scene, Teal'c/lab scene).
      chocdoc Way, way, way too many once again. Let's see:
      -In elevator in Singularity and then when she went back to Cassie--you really feel Sam's anguish and then determination.
      -With Martouf in Tok'ra I on the hill--very touching
      -With her Dad in Tok'ra II right before her Dad joins with Lantesh
      -When using the memory device in Jolinar's memories to recall -- pain and anguish
      -As Daniel is dying in Meridian
      -Every scene in Grace and Death Knell
      -Eulogy for Janet by Sam in Heroes
      -Torture scenes with Fifth in New order
      -Jacob/Sam scene in Threads
      -any Replicarter scene, and geek sam scene in Season 8!!

Great Episodes for the Character Development
      of Sam Carter

AgentDark In the Line of Duty, The Tokra, Grace
      Skydiver itlod, jolinar's mems/tdyk, threads
      chocdoc Singularity, In the Line of Duty, Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, Divide and Conquer, 48 Hours (with McKay), Grace, New Order, Threads
      Astrogeologist Singularity – Sam going back down to Cassie – in the end, not leaving Cassie alone; also shows a softer side of Sam as she interacts with Cassie. Singularity screen caps/storyboards with transcript dialogue excerpts
      In The Line Of Duty – *great* scifi developments for the character of Sam Carter; expands the scifi potential for the character. ITLOD screen caps/storyboards and comments
      Secrets – introduces Jacob and created depth and substance to Sam’s character
      Tokra 1&2, Jolinar’s Memories/The Devil You Know – expands upon and develops the effects of Jolinar and the Tokra on Sam and her father. comments on Tokra 1, and screen caps/storyboards on Jolinar's Memories/TDYK
      Foothold – Sam stands strong! Foothold comments and screen caps/storyboards
      Ascension – Sam mind-melds with an Ascended! And we get to see Sam’s home, car, personal attire, etc. Ascension screen caps/storyboards, with comments and episode dialogue

dipsofjazz Grace, Threads .
      MajorSal In the Line of Duty, Tok'ra- pts 1 & 2, A Hundred Days, Fair Game (ep where Sam got promoted to Major), Ascension, Revelations, Paradise Lost, Grace, Chimera (not *great*, but it was character developement), New Order(s), Affinity, Gemini, and Threads .

Great Episodes that should have led to more
      character development of Sam Carter
      chocdoc Seth (need more use of Goa'uld technology), Entity (the aftermath), Heroes II (with Cassie), New Order (aftermath from Fifth, although saw some of this in Gemini)
      Astrogeologist Desperate Measures
      Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 May 2005, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Best Carter Episode Summary List Part 3

Best Carter Humor Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny...

AgentDark Moebius, Any scene with Geek!Sam
        Urgo , Walking down the hallway and Sam tells Urgo off for being rude
        Ascension, When Jack and Teal'c show up at her house - "I can understand why you might have assumed I didn't have plans..." rofl!

Skydiver urgo, sacrifices
        Astrogeologist Urgo - where she's talking to him as she walks down the hall. screen caps/storyboards with episode dialogue
        Coley Redemption part 2 Sam and MacKay in the Gateroom with the pulse generator
        Space Race
        OK this is just a snippet
        Sam (to Jarlath) - "What are you doing?"
        Jarlath - "Re routing the conduit from your fancy power device, doubling back through the communications array!"
        Sam - "So we can ask him to lose?
        Jarlath - "humorous!…"

Charlie My fave Sam eps are 'Learning Curve' and 'Urgo' for the humour and great interplay between characters
        Tok'Ra Hostess Urgo - pretty much all her scenes. Matter of time, opening scene.
        jckfan55
        How about 48 hours --her scenes with McKay?

MajorSal Urgo, Moebius parts 1 and 2, Space Race, uh...
        Carterslave In the "Humor" category I think you'd have to put Hathor in there, for my money.
        dipsofjazz I like all the scenes already mentioned, but I love the interaction between Sam and the alien bad guy (abg) in “ Point of No Return ”. The abg is asking about Teal’c, and says something like: “So he is a Technical Sergeant”, and Sam replies, “He’s very good at what he does”. Then abg asks, “What is his area of expertise?”, and Sam replies, after a pause, “Speech writer”. I just love the timing of the remarks, and the looks on her face.
        chocdoc Not enough
        -- Moebius of course
        --Indeed with Teal'c in Space Race
        -- Ascension where she asks O'Neill if she is ever tense and when did he first notice.

tara3583 For me best Sam moment from all 8 seasons has to be Moebius 1&2 Amanda was fantastic in this, we still saw science Sam but it was geeky Sam that had me laughing so much. All those little quirks that Amanda added was a joy to watch add that to the fact that you could just see that Amanda was having fun with this, lol it was just pouring out of her!

Best Carter Lines:

AgentDark Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week...
        You didn't think the Colonel had a telescope on his roof just to look at the neighbours did you?
        Ummm, how about anytime she speaks?

Skydiver welcome to my life,
        don't give me that way of the warrior crap

dipsofjazz All the lines that have been mentioned, but I would like to add that in “ Nightwalkers ” she had some very funny lines.
        Tok'Ra Hostess Ooof!

Astrogeologist "Welcome to MY life!" (on her way out of the room) - click to listen to NC's audio clip

Y’know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!
        Next up: parting the Red Sea.
        - click to listen to NC's audio clip

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week!
        Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

"This is real, this is real" - click here to listen to audio clip

"Wormhole Theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking" - Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

(ForeverSG-1’s Sam Carter Banner)

Sure, but the massive headache really takes the edge off it all.
        (Click to listen to audio clip)

ChopinGal "You gave up coffee for your symbiote?" I always loved that moment of truth between Sam and her father in the lab at the Alpha site in the beginning of Death Knell. She could really tell he was getting on her case and definitely on edge!

Coley Metamorphosis to Jonas - "You're such a chicken s**t!
        Exodus - "Welcome to my life!"
        Fifth Man - "This is ridiculous - we should never have left the damn planet!" Just loved her attitude with this line
        Grace - (to Daniel) "Were you this annoying when you were ascended?"

Great Sam lines and quotes
        SaGC Thread page 167, post 3321

Best AT Adlib:

AgentDark Uh, I'm not sure if some of these are actually adlibs though...
        Took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver one of these...
        Maybourne, you're an idiot...

Skydiver ya sure ya betcha
        Astrogeologist "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week!
        Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

AT: You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoelaces and a piece of gum...build a nuclear reactor, for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, McGimmick - now you're Mr....MacUseless! (lots of laughter from the film crew here...) Dear God! Stuck on a glacier with MacGyver! If there's anyone here who hasn't had a chance to check it out, you can view it here (it's the last third of the clip) Click here for audio clip

Tok'Ra Hostess From Thor's Chariot: I really liked her simple, "And I was... there." <shrugs at the guys when they look at her. RDA/Jack give her a nod of approval.> AT wasn't given any lines for that scene, but she just lined up with the guys and said her own.
        MajorSal "Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week, couldn't you have taken one day off!" I also like her adlib in the first ep, with her saying something about 'MacGyvering' some do-dad. Her 'and I was there' line in ?.
        Coley it has to be the "Mayborne you’re an idiot!…." One!

NearlyCircular's Audio Clip Summary List
        Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 May 2005, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Best Carter Episode Summary List Part 4

Best Sam-whumping scene/episode:

AgentDark New Order, Fifth mentally torturing her.
          Jolinars Memories/TDYK, The pain stick, and Aphosis

Skydiver death knell, evolution 2, itlod, desp meas
          Tok'Ra Hostess New Order, with Fifth.

jckfan55
          Not exactly whumping, but we see Sam endure some major physical strain in "Need." Digging in the mines for days on end, winding up having Tok'ra flashbacks. And I have to say AT lets herself look pretty bad-her hair is all dirty--it actually changes color from the grime--and she's just grimy and icky. Most female leads in other shows would probably have a dab of dirt on one cheek and slightly mussed hair to indicated exertion.

MajorSal In New Order 2 , where Fifth played 'brain scramble' with poor Sam's grey matter.
          dipsofjazz Death Knell, Metamorphosis .
          chocdoc The Devil You Know, New Order scenes with Fifth, and Death Knell
          Coley The Curse - Osiris with the hand device - whoever played the stunt looked like they hurt their head when they were blasted against the wall!!
          Foothold - getting whacked by the alien Gen Hammond near the end
          Evolution Part 2 - getting whacked by the supa soldier

Best Sam/Teal'c scene/episode: (this category is especially for Skydiver )

AgentDark New Order, in the cargo ship on the way to the Asgard
          Paradise Lost, in the locker room
          A Matter of Time, When Sam's trying to figure the solution to the black hole problem.

Skydiver paradise lost, revelations, matter of time
          Tok'Ra Hostess Well, since there's only, like 4 to choose from(Foothold, SR, PL and Gemini), I'd have to go with Matter of Time.
          dipsofjazz The locker room scene in “ Paradise Lost ”, and the speech scene from “ Heroes part 2 ”.
          MajorSal Where Sam cried on Teal'c's shoulder in Paradise Lost . I also liked Teal'c handing over his staff weapon to her in the first ep COTG , where he'd just stepped through the stargate and everyone had their weapons aimed at him.
          Coley Matter of Time - On the surface when she is trying to figure out a solution
          chocdoc Any scene that Sam and Teal'c are allowed to be in!! Examples:
          -In Foothold where she says she'll come back for him
          -Indeed scene in Space Race
          -Locker room in Paradise Lost
          -Teal'c helping out Sam with Janet's eulogy in Heroes

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contribution: (ForeverSG1's category suggestion )
          AgentDark Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair, Season1 ender, Season2 opener. Great all-round team action.
          Icon, leading the assualt on the rebel held bunker.

Skydiver serpents song
          Tok'Ra Hostess One False Step .
          Coley Failsafe - the episode was a fantastic team ep and one of my fave's - but it was Carter who led the way in this from start to finish! Plus she suggested they could always blow the bomb up on the ship (with them along with it) Sam the Supahero!!!
          dipsofjazz The interrogation scenes in “ Point of No Return ”.
          chocdoc Almost every episode, because Sam is a great character

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes:
          Skydiver paradise lost, threads
          Astrogeologist Divide and Conquer, POV, Threads
          Coley Heroes part 2 - The scene in O'Neill's private infirmary room spoke volumes for me - shame the messages from the writers in season 7 and 8 were never that consistent.
          Tok'Ra Hostess POV and Beneath the Surface. Nuff said.
          dipsofjazz Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer, Threads .
          MajorSal The Broca Divide, Solitudes, There But For the Grace of God, In the Line of Duty, Out of Mind, Into the Fire, Point of View, A Hundred Days, Divide and Conquer, Window of Opportunity, Beneath the Surface, Entity, Paradise Lost, Metamorphosis, Grace, Death Knell, Heroes 1 & 2, Lost City 1 & 2, Affinity, Gemini, Threads, Moebius 2 .

Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes:
          Carterslave As for "Best Writer", the standout would appear to be Heather Ash, who penned Rite of Passage, Learning Curve and Foothold, among others.

Best Writer of good, solid Carter FUTURE episodes: (chocdoc’s new category suggestion )
          chocdoc Skydiver, Astrogeologist, Strix varia, Majorsam, Chopingal, Uber, (I apologize for those I have missed on this thread!)

Best Sam pic
          MajorSal How about everyone that has Sam/Amanda in them?

Second pic is from Coley Got this off the web and not sure how to credit copyright - but it's not mine!

Best Snarky Sam lines or dialogue
          MajorSal ALL her lines to McKay. (I really wanted her to punch his lights out)
          ForeverSG1
          Jonas, you are such a chickenshi*t! – Metamorphosis (Jonas)

“You son of a b*tch…”
          “It had to be you. Damn it Timothy…Teal’c is my friend. He’s sick…” - Bane (Dr. Harlow)

“Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week.
          Why couldn’t you have taken just one day off??” - Foothold (Maybourne)

“Excuse me? Where’s Colonel O’Neill? I don’t see him, do you?
          Did you guys find him while I was gone?” -ParadiseLost (Dr. Lee)

Sam: We won’t be able to activate the cloak until we come out of hyperspace. There’ll be a brief interval where they might detect us.
          Jack: How brief?
          Sam: Just a few seconds. The odds of them spotting us are pretty slim.
          Jack: How slim?
          Sam: Hardly worth mentioning, Sir.
          Jack: And yet, you did mention it.
          Sam: Yeah, I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t. - Revelations (Colonel O’Neill)

Sam: For the record, I HATE you.
          McKay: Well, can’t get any worse then, can it?
          Sam: Oh, no. I’m rapidly working up to DESPISE.
          McKay: You know, we’re obviously gonna have to get over this
          physical attraction thing if we’re going to work together.
          Sam (whispering): I think I can act as though it never existed.
          McKay: Shall we save the world?
          Sam (sarcastically): Before I take credit for this…shouldn’t the EM pulse generator be pointed AT the gate? - Redemption II ( McKay )

Sam: God you're a jerk!
          McKay: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I always had a real weakness
          for dumb blondes.
          Sam: Go suck a lemon. - 48 hours (McKay)

UberSG-1Fan Is it just me or is Sam turning into Jack? Reference if you will It's Good to Be King... ...when she first saw Maybourne as he was trying to.... click here for full dialogue excerpt

Coley The Light - to O'Neill in the Gateroom
          "So that was the bet, whether or not I'd go?! - Haven't you got anything better to do?!"

Redemption to MacKay
          "Shouldn't the pulse generator be pointing at the Gate?!"

Avenger
          Felger - "I'm on the verge of a major breakthrough! …. It's gonna be huge…"
          Sam - "What is it?"
          Felger - "Mmmmm?"
          Sam - "What is it?!"
          Not so much snarky as impatient, exasperated and a little condescending (I thought)

Best Episode which shows ScienceSmart!Sam

dipsofjazz I enjoyed “ Message in a Bottle ”, where Sam had to keep trying her theories until she eventually got it right.
          Coley "A Matter of Time" sticks out for me

Best Sam and Janet scenes (New category suggested by chocdoc for Carterslave)
          chocdoc -- Fire and Water when Dr. Frazier helps Captain Carter who is in shock.
          -- Rites of Passage ---all the scenes with Sam, Janet, and Cassie
          -- The Fifth Man ---when Sam told Janet it is up to her to find out what is going on
          Last edited by astrogeologist; 07 May 2005, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

(snipped)

For example, I find the debate about whether Daniel would be a better match for Sam than Jack to be very interesting. As long as it stays civil (which doesn't seem to be a problem on this very friendly list), I'm cool.

For whatever that's worth.
            If it wasn't for my HUGE, HONKING crush on RDA/Jack, I wouldn't mind Sam with Daniel. He's sweet and understanding and handsome. In fact, out of all the guys they've throw Sam's way, Jack and Daniel are the only ones I feel are worthy of this wonderful woman. Well, I think Teal'c's worthy too, but I guess I'd prefer her with a human from Earth.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              We need to have a Samanda Appreciation Day and invite AT to come on by for a bowl of Blue Jello and a chat...
              I agree Über! From what folks have said, I don't think any of the actors will come onto one of our threads - I think when they hold an online chat they always have a moderator (to sift through the submitted questions - and sift out the 'trolls')... so perhaps we need to figure out how to get a special online chat with AT? We'd need a moderator and I am clueless on how to make any of it happen. Seems like I just read somewhere that all of their appearances and/or online chats are worked through the publicity office... which could nix our hopes. But I still really like the idea... does anyone know how we might get it to happen? Maybe we'll just have to all keep our ears open for the next time that AT is doing an online chat somewhere and we'll all just have to sign on!

Comment

Wow. Super list!!! I'll have more on that project I told you about coming up soon AsgroG...

But there's a glaring omission: In the snarky Carter category...how could you possibly have missed the one from It's Good to Be King???

Here's the post where I talk about it...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4659

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Sam: '.........'
                  (brain freeze)

Comment

Wow. Super list!!! I'll have more on that project I told you about coming up soon AsgroG...

But there's a glaring omission: In the snarky Carter category...how could you possibly have missed the one from It's Good to Be King???

Here's the post where I talk about it...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4659
                    Ooops! Got it and edited it in!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

(snippage)

Most people here have said how they want competent Soldier Sam leading in season9. I think I’m one of them. But even more than that I really want her to remain first and foremost a scientist, because I believe that that’s what Sam loves most in life. I would like to see new and different scientiffic challenges for her, maybe an opportunity to work on some new alien technology, or a chance to save Earth with one of her scientiffic brainwaves. Because I think that in a way, this is what makes Sam a hero more than anything.
                      you know, that's a really interesting topic. what's my fave aspect of sam: scientist or soldier? i remember the first time i squeed because of sam's smarts, and that was in season 2's 'a matter of time'. for me, that was the first time i *really* saw the show emphasizing just how smart sam was. and those smarts are what saved the day (and the universe even). so her scientist gig is something i truly love. BUT, i also love seeing sam the soldier. when sam kicked Turghan's butt in season 1's 'emancipation', i was jumping up and down. so i really can't pick what's my fave aspect of sam, because amanda does them both to realism and perfection. i can't choose!

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Sam: Yep... Definitely should have brought my sidearm.

Comment

Hey, Olivia is one month old today!

(((Amanda and Olivia)))

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

you know, that's a really interesting topic. what's my fave aspect of sam: scientist or soldier? i remember the first time i squeed because of sam's smarts, and that was in season 2's 'a matter of time'. for me, that was the first time i *really* saw the show emphasizing just how smart sam was. and those smarts are what saved the day (and the universe even). so her scientist gig is something i truly love. BUT, i also love seeing sam the soldier. when sam kicked Turghan's butt in season 1's 'emancipation', i was jumping up and down. so i really can't pick what's my fave aspect of sam, because amanda does them both to realism and perfection. i can't choose!

sally
                            But I think that's what makes her way cool... We don't have to choose! We get it all...

But as to which I prefer... truly depends on my mood.

Sometimes I just want to see her be a smart alec and laugh my head off at her in any scene with McKay and more recently Maybourne.

Sometimes I want to see her softer side and love watching Grace or Singularity.

Sometimes I want to see her make a mistake, so I'll view Red Sky or Gemini.

Sometimes I'm in a mood for a mystery, so I'll have to see her solve a major problem like in Matter of Time or Small Victories.

Sometimes I just have to see Sam be taken over by an alien being, so I'll see Entity or In the Line of Duty.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to see her deal with loss, so I'll pop in Heroes or Paradise Lost.

Sometimes I want to see her enduring something painful, so I'll go for Death Knell or New Order.

Sometimes I just want to see her try to get a handle on her O'Neill issues so I'll be in the mood to watch Lost City or Threads.

Sometimes I want an "she's not really our Sam" episode, so I'll watch something like Point of View or Moebius.

Sometimes I just want to see her kick back, have some fun and show that 1000 megawatt smile...so I'll drag out Space Race or Nemesis (she said she was having fun...).

Sometimes I just have to see her kick major butt and will load up Avenger 2.0 or Reckoning or fill-in-the-blank...

Then there are the times I'm in the mood for a practically all encompassing episode (almost all of the above) and I'll watch Foothold!

IMHO, this is what makes Sam a hero for every season.

Last edited by Uber; 22 April 2005, 11:32 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

first off, astro, you never cease to amaze me with your hard work, dedication, and love you've given to this thread. please take a bow, because i'm applauding!

*claps a LOT*

~o~

i LOVE this moment in the ep! it not only showed how sg1 were going to be in teal'c's corner from then on, but it was 'sam' doing it. and i thought it was a very important moment (especially so early into the series) that it was showing sam as being important to the show. i also love it because teal'c, who you would think would be a bit sexist, was handing over his weapon to a woman. but he showed no sign of having a prob giving it over to a female human.

spoilers for s8's 'it's good to be king'

Spoiler:
                              I totally hear Jack saying those things!!! Is it just me or has she been around Jack for so long his snarkiness has completely rubbed off on her??? I sure hope so because it was great seeing her not play second fiddle to Jack there for a bit...she has real chutzpah!

I thought it was great and hope to see more of that next season...
                              Spoiler:
                              i absolutely LOVED it that sam was in charge! not that i didn't like seeing my jck show up, but sam was doing more than fine being the person in charge. here's hoping for MORE!

sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 22 April 2005, 11:32 PM. Reason: brain went poo
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

first off, astro, you never cease to amaze me with your hard work, dedication, and love you've given to this thread. please take a bow, because i'm applauding!

*claps a LOT*

~o~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...amandTealc.jpg

i LOVE this moment in the ep! it not only showed how sg1 were going to be in teal'c's corner from then on, but it was 'sam' doing it. and i thought it was a very important moment (especially so early into the series) that it was showing sam as being important to the show. i also love it because teal'c, who you would think would be a bit sexist, was handing over his weapon to a woman. but he showed no sign of having a prob giving it over to a female human.

spoilers for s8's 'it's good to be king'

Spoiler:
                                i absolutely LOVED it that sam was in charge! not that i didn't like seeing my jck show up, but sam was doing more than fine being the person in charge. here's hoping for MORE!

sally
                                For the record, the part about Sam and It's Good to be King was actually my line *cough, cough* (AstroG was quoting me)

People overlook it I think, but Entity was another show that demonstrated how vital a character Sam is because after reviewing all their files and after observing their behavior for a while, the Entity rightly concluded that Sam was probably the most valuable person there...

Comment

Working...
                                X