Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    In Gemini, I thought RC manipulated everyone from the very beginning, not just Sam. She was smart enough to begin her whole interaction with Jack, Teal’c and Sam by asking to be terminated. That strategy lulled them into a false sense of security, thinking that they would get what information they could from her, but always thinking that they could kill her at any time, with her own blessing. That enabled her to gain initial access, and once in, she was able to concentrate on conning Sam. And RC continued to manipulate the others as well, repeating her request to be terminated, so that they would continue to believe she wasn’t a threat.

More than anything else, Sam reminded me of a victim of abuse who recognizes and empathizes with another victim. RC knew exactly which memories to show Sam. She needed to convince Sam that RC had been tortured by Fifth just as Sam had, in order to gain her sympathy. So she shared or made up memories which demonstrated the abuse. Sam felt compelled to help someone who had suffered in the same way that she had, and to strike back at their mutual abuser. It would be pretty hard to not believe someone who shows you what’s in their mind, and it’s close to the horrors going on in your own head.

So I wasn't disappointed with Sam's reaction to RC; in fact I think it would have been out of character for her to react differently. She's always been willing to listen and her curiousity and belief in what RC had to offer would overcome any misgivings.

NC
    Nicely critiqued, NC. And I agree with what everyone has been saying. What was missing from Gemini (for me), was Sam realizing what was going on and then dealing with the ramifications appropriately (or heroically)... I think Gemini needed to be a two-parter (for me)... It wasn't, so I was hoping that when Replicarter came back, Sam would get to take her on mano-a-mano... and.. I wanted to see some Sam Carter Smackdown (as MajorSam so aptly put it) on Replicarter... It wouldn't have had to be physical - and would probably have been more appropriate to have been a mental battle. So, needless to say, I was disappointed that it was Daniel taking on RC in a later episode.
    Last edited by astrogeologist; 21 April 2005, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      With all the talk about Cassie, I thought I'd post one of my favorite pictures of Sam with Cassie. It's says so much of their relationship. I've also added one of Jacob and Sam because the photos are so similiar and they both convey how much love Sam feels for both of these very special people.

I'll be here when you wake up

Warning: This photo contains spoilers to Threads
      A kiss good-bye

Kat
      Great pics, Kat!

Comment

Okay - I just got my Season 4 DVDs in...so soon and very soon I will be putting together a Sam banner for Season 4, or more specifically...

"The Ultimate Sam...A Hero for All Seasons" season 4 banner...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          HAHA! *rubs cheek painfully*I'm glad you like it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/teehcopy.jpg

Ok, fine, I admit it, it doesn't actually look like that...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eteatled-1.jpg

That's the original. My best friend actually drew the comics, and she made the heads too small to add details...
          thanks, Majs.

*i really love those shirts*

did amanda like them? what was her reaction?

Haha, aww! Well, i've always been MAJORSam, and I always will be... (Although rep can "promote" someone )I think it just has a ring to it! And gives the impression i've been here for a loong time! Since the beginning however, in places wher that's already taken, I use the alias PopcornSam. You know, Colonel Sam, Colonel... Kernel... Popcorn kernel... Makes sense to me!
          i'm too lazy to change mine. shortly after sam was promoted to colonel, though, i asked darren if i could change my ranking as well. after teasing me about how hard it would be, he said yes. but i've never taken him up on it. my email address' are with major as well, so it's just easier to keep it that way. hmm... i'm starting to want to be promoted LIKE SAM again....

and the most OUTRAGEOUS Sam question??? Now THAT'S a dangerous question with people like myself and MajorSal around...

*Must resist mind from going down to gutter*

*MUST*

*RESIST*

oooh, the possibilities of "outrageous" Sam Q's...
          i never resist the gutter. (the gutter is my friend)

i don't think i've asked an outrageous question regarding sam *or ship* to joe (at least from my pov they weren't outrageous )

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's gemini

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Nicely critiqued, NC. And I agree with what everyone has been saying. What was missing from Gemini (for me), was Sam realizing what was going on and then dealing with the ramifications appropriately (or heroically)... I think Gemini needed to be a two-parter (for me)... It wasn't, so I was hoping that when Replicarter came back, Sam would get to take her on mano-a-mano... and.. I wanted to see some Sam Carter Smackdown (as MajorSal so aptly put it) on Replicarter... It wouldn't have had to be physical - and would probably have been more appropriate to have been a mental battle. So, needless to say, I was disappointed that it was Daniel taking on RC in a later episode.
            to be honest with you, i've only seen gemini once, and even then it was with steam coming out of my ears because there were screw-ups in both airings of this ep. that's why i'm *so* excited about it being shown again, so i can 'try' to get it again. but maybe on my second viewing, i'll see what you mean, astro, about what should have also taken place.

btw, the first screw-up was when replicarter was talking to sam in her head, telling her just what she'd done and why. that was a *very* important scene, which i missed half of because of the screw-ups.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I was cleaning-up my photo files today and these two pictures ended up next to each other - Thought I would post them here - I figured someone here could come up with a good caption for them

Here is another tid-bit from Vancouver Con - Question was asked during Martin W., Andy M. & N.John S. panel about changes/support of Sony since the take over of MGM - They said that the head of the division of Sony that deals with Stargate is a huge fan of the show - One of the first things he wanted after Sony acquired MGM was to visit the set and He ended up doing a walk on part for the episode they were filming when he visited.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                And here's a cool pic of our Sam to play with...

Guess The Episode

...or create your own episode title...
                ...or create a caption...
                Episode guess:
                Spoiler:
                Failsafe?
                Correct Jckfan!

Comment

New pic to play with...

Guess The Episode

...or create a new episode title...

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    I was cleaning-up my photo files today and these two pictures ended up next to each other - Thought I would post them here - I figured someone here could come up with a good caption for them

SAM (to Mitchell): Keep your cotton pickin' hands off my Stargate, buddy!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

New pic to play with...

Guess The Episode

Dang. Know this one right off the bat.

And you want to know something really bizarre? I almost posted it TODAY for the Guess the Episode game!

That's just freaky...

Comment

Cameron: Look, I just really want you to know that I love this job. It's a dream come true. But, you know, after eight years of you guys working together, I would never attempt to replace you... Or General O'Neill, for that matter.

Sam: I know. That would be impossible. And foolish. And I know you're not a foolish man. Uh, nice flying in Antarctica, by the way.

Cameron: Thanks. Hey, maybe you and I could go flying some -

Sam: Don't press your luck, Flyboy.

Comment

New pic to play with...

Guess The Episode

Sam: 'Hmmm, why does this remind me of Pete?"
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

New pic to play with...

Guess The Episode
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eEpisode4b.jpg

Spoiler:
                            Menace - Sam's looking at a replicator chip

Comment

the gate better be all you touch flyboy!!
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Cameron: Colonel Carter, could I have a moment of your time?
                                *Runs up to Sam in the corridor*

Sam(politely smiling): Colonel Mitchell isn't it??
                                *As she gestures that he walk with her *

Cameron: Yes (cocky smile). I just wanted to tell you what an honor it is for me to be a member of legendary SG-1. When I first asked for this assignment, I never dreamed of being put into the commanding position. I just didn't want to you worry that I had any intention of taking your command away from you.

Sam: Well thank you for your concern. Really, I'm touched. I appreciate you looking after my team while I was away. It was reassuring to know that they were in good hands.

*Stopping in front of her lab*

Sam: So?
                                Cameron: So...

*Cameron looks around a bit confused as to why they have stopped *

Sam: This is my lab *points to the door behind her*
                                Cameron: Ah! So... I suppose I'll see you at today's briefing??
                                Sam: (nodding) Looking forward to it.

*Sam starts to enter her lab and Cameron turns to walk away*

Sam: (Calling over her shoulder) Colonel???
                                Cameron: (Turning around to look at Sam) Yes??
                                Sam: Just for the record (confident smile)... worry never entered my mind.
                                Cameron: (knowing look) That's good to hear.

*Sam turns and enters her lab leaving Cameron with a look of amusement on his face*

Cameron: (thinking to self) Yep, things were definitely going to be interesting around here.

I know my little caption doesn't really fit the pictures, but this is what I'm hoping their first encounter might be like. I want Sam to come across as totally confident and perhaps a bit snarky about just who is in command now that she's back.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 22 April 2005, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X