Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Yeah it seemed that way to me too... sorry Sal

And you've been wrong before Uber!!??!?!?!
    It was a really long time ago...and there is no official record of the incident.

And as much as I love Carmen, I respectfully disagree with his assessment here. I think that they both have what the other needs...For him, he needs her analytical side to probe deeper into a problem and her ability to empathize and emote.

For her, she needs his levity, his "simple way of seeing things" and his love for the Simpsons...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      I'm currently reading a Non-Fiction book on the "wive-ships" that were sent to British Columbia in the 1800's, transporting women who were to become the wives of the workers, so that they may marry and have children...

I wonder what would happen if Sg-1 discovered such a civilisation, and Sam somehow got caught up in something like that... now THAT would be a shocker compared to the life she leads. Thrown on a disgusting horrible unsafe boat for three months, arriving to a crowd of hundreds of 'ravenous' men, all trying to get one of the 70 or so women... being proposed to on the spot, married the next day type thing...
      I'd imagine there'd be alot of castrated blokes on that ship at the end of that journey...

Comment

GateCon...2003!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../NEWWWW030.jpg

and 2004!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...orSam/3325.jpg

*In case it's too small, there ARE Copyright signs on the bottom corner of the back... so please don't save these pics or anything!!! If I suddenly start seeing little cartoon things on backs of shirts at cons... Or in fact little cartoony things resembling these shirts... i'll know who to lay the smackdown on! the Sam Carter PMS Smackdown!!! Thanks so much *
        i love your shipper shirts!

on the second one, showing the 'dream sam' (and amanda's autog), what's the picture that's under the dream sam words?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i love your shipper shirts!

on the second one, showing the 'dream sam' (and amanda's autog), what's the picture that's under the dream sam words?

sally

hahah, that's Jack's thought bubble... it has a wee little pic of Sam's angelic head... The face that fills his dreams!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

spoilers for s8's gemini

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            In Gemini, I thought RC manipulated everyone from the very beginning, not just Sam. She was smart enough to begin her whole interaction with Jack, Teal’c and Sam by asking to be terminated. That strategy lulled them into a false sense of security, thinking that they would get what information they could from her, but always thinking that they could kill her at any time, with her own blessing. That enabled her to gain initial access, and once in, she was able to concentrate on conning Sam. And RC continued to manipulate the others as well, repeating her request to be terminated, so that they would continue to believe she wasn’t a threat.

More than anything else, Sam reminded me of a victim of abuse who recognizes and empathizes with another victim. RC knew exactly which memories to show Sam. She needed to convince Sam that RC had been tortured by Fifth just as Sam had, in order to gain her sympathy. So she shared or made up memories which demonstrated the abuse. Sam felt compelled to help someone who had suffered in the same way that she had, and to strike back at their mutual abuser. It would be pretty hard to not believe someone who shows you what’s in their mind, and it’s close to the horrors going on in your own head.

So I wasn't disappointed with Sam's reaction to RC; in fact I think it would have been out of character for her to react differently. She's always been willing to listen and her curiousity and belief in what RC had to offer would overcome any misgivings.

NC
            yes! and especially to the bolded sentence, because i feel that was sam's number one motivation in trying to listen to, believe in, and 'help' replicarter.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Guess that Episode:

Ok...ok... I was just joking on this one. I know it's too utterly easy of an episode to guess. I just love really love this picture. Amanda is so cute with that smudge of dirt on her nose. I think it's funny how she managed to keep it on her nose through the entire episode( it was probably one of the guys doing ). I actually loved her new doo in this episode too. I liked how it was all sticking up, but I kind like the wild look. ( Maybe it's the inability to tame my own hair ).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Not so sure about this Sally...it seemed to me that in the interview that Carmen "became" Jacob for a minute to answer questions in character...

I could be wrong though....it has happened before. Once. And, well, I'm fairly certain it could happen a second time in my lifetime (but I could be wrong about that).

no, i see what you mean, it's just that the jabob on the 'show' never showed this preference (wanting sam with daniel instead of jack or pete).

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Guess that Episode:

Ok...ok... I was just joking on this one. I know it's too utterly easy of an episode to guess. I just love really love this picture. Amanda is so cute with that smudge of dirt on her nose. I think it's funny how she managed to keep it on her nose through the entire episode( it was probably one of the guys doing ). I actually loved her new doo in this episode too. I liked how it was all sticking up, but I kind like the wild look. ( Maybe it's the inability to tame my own hair ).
                  Hmm thats a hard one, Oh i know; Mobeius Pt. 2!

JK
                  Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Am sitting here in delighted shock after discovering/finally realising that some of my favourite fanfic authors are on this thread!!! YAY!!! MajorSam, AstroG, Strix Varia, and a few others - you guys are awesome!

Back on topic, YAY Amanda for being nominated for the LEO - if she doesn't get it there's just no justice in the world. And as for Carmen saying he'd like to see Sam and Daniel together...well, let's just be glad that Sam doesn't do everything her father says!
                    Royal Page of Samanda
                    "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Joe M's online...I asked another Sam question...essentially, I asked will we get to see more snarky Sam in Season 9 or will that role go to the new kid on the block???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

hahah, that's Jack's thought bubble... it has a wee little pic of Sam's angelic head... The face that fills his dreams!
                        oooh... *squeezes majsam's cheeks* that's soooo sweet! i want to see that pic, but the shirt pic is too small. can you enlarge just the sam-angelic-head pic?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Something just occurred to me.

Our president and vice president are only Majors.

Shouldn't you all get promotions or something???

Here's a silly question for you all...what is the most outrageous question that you'd want JM to answer regarding Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            oooh... *squeezes majsam's cheeks* that's soooo sweet! i want to see that pic, but the shirt pic is too small. can you enlarge just the sam-angelic-head pic?

sally
                            HAHA! *rubs cheek painfully*I'm glad you like it

Ok, fine, I admit it, it doesn't actually look like that...

That's the original. My best friend actually drew the comics, and she made the heads too small to add details...

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Something just occurred to me.

Our president and vice president are only Majors.

Shouldn't you all get promotions or something???

Here's a silly question for you all...what is the most outrageous question that you'd want JM to answer regarding Sam?

Haha, aww! Well, i've always been MAJORSam, and I always will be... (Although rep can "promote" someone )I think it just has a ring to it! And gives the impression i've been here for a loong time! Since the beginning however, in places wher that's already taken, I use the alias PopcornSam. You know, Colonel Sam, Colonel... Kernel... Popcorn kernel... Makes sense to me!

and the most OUTRAGEOUS Sam question??? Now THAT'S a dangerous question with people like myself and MajorSal around...

*Must resist mind from going down to gutter*

*MUST*

*RESIST*

oooh, the possibilities of "outrageous" Sam Q's...
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

That's one Kick-Arse Sig pic, MajorSam!

Comment

HAHA! *rubs cheek painfully*I'm glad you like it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/teehcopy.jpg

Ok, fine, I admit it, it doesn't actually look like that...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eteatled-1.jpg

That's the original. My best friend actually drew the comics, and she made the heads too small to add details...

Haha, aww! Well, i've always been MAJORSam, and I always will be... (Although rep can "promote" someone )I think it just has a ring to it! And gives the impression i've been here for a loong time! Since the beginning however, in places wher that's already taken, I use the alias PopcornSam. You know, Colonel Sam, Colonel... Kernel... Popcorn kernel... Makes sense to me!

and the most OUTRAGEOUS Sam question??? Now THAT'S a dangerous question with people like myself and MajorSal around...

*Must resist mind from going down to gutter*

*MUST*

*RESIST*

oooh, the possibilities of "outrageous" Sam Q's...
                                Aw, come on, Major Sam! You can do it...wackiest, silliest most OUTRAGEOUS Sam question.

Sans gutter wallowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X