Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam

OOOH, I made a new sig... what do people thinK??
    It kicks arse!

Comment

The Hat I got at the Dinner:

I FINALLY actually got around to documenting my GateCon shirts!!!!!!

GateCon...2003!

and 2004!

*In case it's too small, there ARE Copyright signs on the bottom corner of the back... so please don't save these pics or anything!!! If I suddenly start seeing little cartoon things on backs of shirts at cons... Or in fact little cartoony things resembling these shirts... i'll know who to lay the smackdown on! the Sam Carter PMS Smackdown!!! Thanks so much *
      Last edited by MajorSam; 21 April 2005, 07:28 PM.
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
        Oh yeah! If you don't mind me mixing my SF metaphors: Put 'em in the Death Star trash compactor, throw in a sludge monster, turn on the crusher -- and let's see how they get out of that!

hrh
        i don't know if that could work. sam was princess leah, jack was han solo, daniel was luke skywalker, and teal'c was... uh.... chewy?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

In Gemini, I thought RC manipulated everyone from the very beginning, not just Sam. She was smart enough to begin her whole interaction with Jack, Teal’c and Sam by asking to be terminated. That strategy lulled them into a false sense of security, thinking that they would get what information they could from her, but always thinking that they could kill her at any time, with her own blessing. That enabled her to gain initial access, and once in, she was able to concentrate on conning Sam. And RC continued to manipulate the others as well, repeating her request to be terminated, so that they would continue to believe she wasn’t a threat.

More than anything else, Sam reminded me of a victim of abuse who recognizes and empathizes with another victim. RC knew exactly which memories to show Sam. She needed to convince Sam that RC had been tortured by Fifth just as Sam had, in order to gain her sympathy. So she shared or made up memories which demonstrated the abuse. Sam felt compelled to help someone who had suffered in the same way that she had, and to strike back at their mutual abuser. It would be pretty hard to not believe someone who shows you what’s in their mind, and it’s close to the horrors going on in your own head.

So I wasn't disappointed with Sam's reaction to RC; in fact I think it would have been out of character for her to react differently. She's always been willing to listen and her curiousity and belief in what RC had to offer would overcome any misgivings.

NC

Comment

Haha, when I was tiny, I had my one barbie who was my absolute favourite, I called her Jennifer Jennifer… (Don’t’ ask, I have no idea!) And I went and cut ALL her hair off, as close as I could… it looks like she has three tiny little mowhawk things over her head…
            Just wanted to say I love your new Sig MSam!!!

Sam the lean, mean, fighting machine... GO SAM!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              It's kinda funny that Carmen would say that about Sam, Jack and Daniel because it's completely different from the message sent in Threads, where we clearly saw Jacob counsel his daughter
              Spoiler:
              to not let regs get in the way of what she wanted
              which obviously had to do with Jack and not Daniel. I thought it was fairly clear that
              Spoiler:
              Jacob was pushing Sam to re-examine not only whether or not she should marry Pete, but her priorities regarding her life and work. And then there's that delightful scene where he's needling her about the florist in front of Jack! He knew what he was doing because he knew how she really felt, even if she didn't acknowledge it yet.

So why then would he think Jacob would prefer Daniel over Jack? But then again, there are lots of situations in real life and in TV or movies where one would THINK that two characters should have certain feelings for each other because they seem to be on the same wavelength, but they just don't have that chemistry.

Then of course, there's Sam and Jack which prove I think that opposites attract...The sexy but somewhat dense hero and the brilliant scientist soldier...(hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar... )
              that was just carmin's desire to see 'his' sam hooked up with someone more her same type. i didn't take it that 'jacob' wanted that hook-up as much as carmin did if sam were his daughter. (glad carmin's not writing the show )

sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 21 April 2005, 08:39 PM. Reason: because, because, because, because, beeecaaaaause....
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i see part of how sam acted with RC as a sign of just how messed up fifth left her.

i personally think, once the boys got her back in New Order, that she never told them that fifth broke her. i think she never told them that she begged fifth to stop. and i think, deep down, that sam is terrified of fifth getting her again

which leads her to empathize with RC a little too much. RC knew this and played sam. she played on her sympathies and fears. she played on sam being rather desperate to avoid fifth and to stop the reps

sam eventually realized this, but by then it was toolate and the mistake had already been made
                not only do i agree, but i think it makes a wonderful summary for the new fic you're going to write. (right?)

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's gemini

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

RepliCarter, for all intents and purposes, has the same thought patterns and basic feelings as Sam and for Sam to basically see herself at that point of despair (wanting to destroy herself) probably shook her up a bit.
                  and i'd imagine that was a huge factor in sam believing (at least trying) replicarter. sam knows (and then 'saw') full well how fifth's torture could effect someone.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

The Hat I got at the Dinner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/HAT.jpg

I FINALLY actually got around to documenting my GateCon shirts!!!!!!

GateCon...2003!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../NEWWWW031.jpg
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../NEWWWW030.jpg

and 2004!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../NEWWWW032.jpg
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...orSam/3325.jpg

*In case it's too small, there ARE Copyright signs on the bottom corner of the back... so please don't save these pics or anything!!! If I suddenly start seeing little cartoon things on backs of shirts at cons... Or in fact little cartoony things resembling these shirts... i'll know who to lay the smackdown on! the Sam Carter PMS Smackdown!!! Thanks so much *
                    Okay, now I did save the pics (because they were cool) but I won't use them anywhere. Promise.

Also, Major Sam, cool Colonel Sam banner!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      that was just carmin's desire to see 'his' sam hooked up with someone more her same type. i didn't take it that 'jacob' wanted that hook=up as much as carmin did if sam were his daughter. (glad carmin's not writing the show )

sally
                      Not so sure about this Sally...it seemed to me that in the interview that Carmen "became" Jacob for a minute to answer questions in character...

I could be wrong though....it has happened before. Once. And, well, I'm fairly certain it could happen a second time in my lifetime (but I could be wrong about that).

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I had no problem with the sexist element to the episode...some civilizations just aren't as civilized as we'd like and Sam knew that going into this whole thing...

i actually wish that aspect of things would have shown up more in eps. not a lot, but sg1 seems to always be dealing with races that aren't as advanced as them, so it would make sense that sam would run into this sexist crap more often.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Not so sure about this Sally...it seemed to me that in the interview that Carmen "became" Jacob for a minute to answer questions in character...

I could be wrong though....it has happened before. Once. And, well, I'm fairly certain it could happen a second time in my lifetime (but I could be wrong about that).

Yeah it seemed that way to me too... sorry Sal

And you've been wrong before Uber!!??!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i actually wish that aspect of things would have shown up more in eps. not a lot, but sg1 seems to always be dealing with races that aren't as advanced as them, so it would make sense that sam would run into this sexist crap more often.

sally

I'm currently reading a Non-Fiction book on the "wive-ships" that were sent to British Columbia in the 1800's, transporting women who were to become the wives of the workers, so that they may marry and have children...

I wonder what would happen if Sg-1 discovered such a civilisation, and Sam somehow got caught up in something like that... now THAT would be a shocker compared to the life she leads. Thrown on a disgusting horrible unsafe boat for three months, arriving to a crowd of hundreds of 'ravenous' men, all trying to get one of the 70 or so women... being proposed to on the spot, married the next day type thing...
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

With all the talk about Cassie, I thought I'd post one of my favorite pictures of Sam with Cassie. It's says so much of their relationship. I've also added one of Jacob and Sam because the photos are so similiar and they both convey how much love Sam feels for both of these very special people.

I'll be here when you wake up

Warning: This photo contains spoilers to Threads
                              A kiss good-bye

Kat

Comment

*Peeks head up out of lurkdom*

Ahhh... Yep.. I'm confused.

*Waves wearily*

How's it hangin' guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X