Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    That's definatly the way I see it, especially the part about Fifth breaking her and her not telling the guys about it.
    RepliCarter, for all intents and purposes, has the same thought patterns and basic feelings as Sam and for Sam to basically see herself at that point of despair (wanting to destroy herself) probably shook her up a bit.
    I am sure Sam didn't tell the guys about the torture. To Sam that would make herself look weak. I think she felt for RC because she knew how cruel Fifth could be. By showing Sam the torture she endured, RC gained Sams trust.

Torturing Sam with the thought of living with Pete and barn yard animals was cruel and unsual punishment. Anyone would break under those circumstances.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      It's kinda funny that Carmen would say that about Sam, Jack and Daniel because it's completely different from the message sent in Threads, where we clearly saw Jacob counsel his daughter
      Spoiler:
      to not let regs get in the way of what she wanted
      which obviously had to do with Jack and not Daniel. I thought it was fairly clear that
      Spoiler:
      Jacob was pushing Sam to re-examine not only whether or not she should marry Pete, but her priorities regarding her life and work. And then there's that delightful scene where he's needling her about the florist in front of Jack! He knew what he was doing because he knew how she really felt, even if she didn't acknowledge it yet.

So why then would he think Jacob would prefer Daniel over Jack? But then again, there are lots of situations in real life and in TV or movies where one would THINK that two characters should have certain feelings for each other because they seem to be on the same wavelength, but they just don't have that chemistry.

Then of course, there's Sam and Jack which prove I think that opposites attract...The sexy but somewhat dense hero and the brilliant scientist soldier...(hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar... )
      Spoiler:

I've read other interviews with Carmen in the past where he's said he didn't think Jack was good enough for Sam so his views in this interview didn't shock me much. But this is my little take on his comments and what we saw in Threads.

In Sam's eyes, she adores her father ... always has and always will. Despite all the pain of losing her mother and not having her father around, Sam still chose to walk in her father's footsteps by joining the Air Force. She's lived her entire life trying to measure up to being the Air Force General's daughter...and by being a perfect little soldier.

In my mind... regardless of what her mind would tell her was the correct thing to do...her heart would always be drawn to someone who reminded her of the one man she spent most of her life trying to impress...her father.

To Jacob...regardless of what kind of man Jack has become over the past nine years, he's still ex Black Ops. Jacob knows what this type of work does to a person and can only imagine what it's done to Jack... what sort of horrible skeletons he has buried deep inside his closet. As a father, he may have had dreams of the type of man Sam would be with. Someone equal to his daughter intellectually, someone compassionate and loving, someone free of inner demons, someone dependable who Sam could always rely on... someone a bit like Daniel.

However regardless of what a parent may want and dream for their children, they often have to push them in a direction that may not exactly be what they would choose for their child, but in a direction that will make their child happy.

In this case, Jacob knew regardless of his concerns for Sam that her heart belonged to Jack and vice versa. He couldn't let go knowing that she may be making the most horrible mistake of her life. Jack may not have been his first choice for his daughter, but he knew deep down that he would have been his daughter's first choice if things had been different. So in his own special way, he was giving her his blessing because in the end all a parent truly wants is to see their child happy.

At least that's my view of the situation.
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        So do you double as the Royal Barkeep?
        LOL Only when our Royal Accountant/Bean Counter is not available!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

Torturing Sam with the thought of living with Pete and barn yard animals was cruel and unsual punishment. Anyone would break under those circumstances.

i think the wig was a worse torture. i mean, at had these gorgous extensions in over the off time and, i'm guessing, cut them off to get back to her 'normal' appearance. i wish they'd have shot the farm scenes with her real extensions, then cut her hair to fit into sam

i mean, they did it with rda once. he grew out his beard to be scruffy then they taped him scruffy, then had him shave
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
            I can't recall the last time I saw an actor so obviously disgusted with the material they were being made to play. The episode was sexist, backward dreck from top to bottom and, boy, did it make you feel mortified for both character & actress. Stargate has never lived that one down.
            i like 'emancipation'.

i loved seeing sam have to deal with that neanderthal (good actor too), and how she KICKED HIS BUTT at the end. and i'm sure that if we'd have had stargate on some youth orientated network, we would have seen a lot worse from that buttweasel to sam than what we saw.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              I am sure Sam didn't tell the guys about the torture. To Sam that would make herself look weak. I think she felt for RC because she knew how cruel Fifth could be. By showing Sam the torture she endured, RC gained Sams trust.

Hey Rogue!! Welcome to the thread!! Nice to see all the new and familiar faces around here.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                [spoiler]

...At least that's my view of the situation.

Kat
                And, since I can't rep you, I'll just have to say it was a wise and insightful post! I think you have managed to get inside Jacob's head and really feel what he may have been struggling with. Good job. Shall we appoint you as Royal Shrink?!

Comment

spoilers for s8's gemini

A poster named Yasureyoubetcha made a really great observation regarding Sam and how she handled Replicarter. Basically, his theory, and it really makes sense to me, is that Carter overcompensated with Replicarter because of the mistakes she knew she had made with Fifth.

What do you all think? Did this Yasureyoubetcha guy get it right or what??? If he was on this thread, I'd have to blue him just for that alone...
                  *nods head* yes!

i never thought that sam 'trying' to trust replicarter was stupid or wrong or out of character to begin with. the majority of ppl that were screaming 'stupid sam!' were just sam haters to begin with.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i like 'emancipation'.

i loved seeing sam have to deal with that neanderthal (good actor too), and how she KICKED HIS BUTT at the end. and i'm sure that if we'd have had stargate on some youth orientated network, we would have seen a lot worse from that buttweasel to sam than what we saw.

sally
                    I like Emancipation too...the way her eyes sliced through him as he held that blade to her throat...it communicated her sentiment nicely that "you may be threatening to kill me but I won't give you the satisfaction of seeing me scared."

And of course, with that great fight scene at the end!

I had no problem with the sexist element to the episode...some civilizations just aren't as civilized as we'd like and Sam knew that going into this whole thing...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That's definatly the way I see it, especially the part about Fifth breaking her and her not telling the guys about it.
                      RepliCarter, for all intents and purposes, has the same thought patterns and basic feelings as Sam and for Sam to basically see herself at that point of despair (wanting to destroy herself) probably shook her up a bit.
                      This is totally off-topic but is anyone else miffed that Scifi started with Lockdown after the season ended instead New Order? I've been waiting for them to re-air New Order I & II so I could get it a better copy of it. I'm sure
                      they wanted the show to end with Moebius II right before the beginning of the new season, but there were several episodes I would rather they passed on than New Order. *Blah*

Kat

Comment

spoilers for s8's gemini

*nods head* yes!

i never thought that sam 'trying' to trust replicarter was stupid or wrong or out of character to begin with. the majority of ppl that were screaming 'stupid sam!' were just sam haters to begin with.

sally
                        I personally found it to be completely in character.

Sam's not stupid, but she wants to see the best in others...especially if they look and sound just like her and have her memories.

She was overcompensating for betraying Fifth on Jack's order, and she was unable to consider the possibility that Replicarter was emotionally broken.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ok, so I realize all these things are now weeks old, but I was away, and had them saved… so I’m gonna post it anyways!

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          *cough* You forgot me! *cough*
                          Aaah! *hides in shame*

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          And Skydiver!
                          AAAH!!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          tom mcbeath is absolutey adorable.

ok, so i look up and here's this man, teva sandals, bermuda shorts (khaki), polo shirt, straw hat eating an icecream cone

yep, it was tom and he looked JUST like maybourne did in the end of chain reaction or how i'd imagine him living on his island hide away.

totally surreal and I WISH i had a picture of it.
                          I think I would have a heart attack! That's just brilliant Like a surreal dream from a movie

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I can't help but wondering if she might be thinking something like this:

"I have to take direction from son #1, and now you're telling me son #2 needs an acting job? You want him to be my boyfriend ... yeah, sure ... as if that will ever happen!"
                          HAH!!! BRILLIANT!!!

Wow, meeting Tom McBeath was impressive ... I can't believe that MajorSam wasn't tagging along at your side ... with that perky bounce in her step!

And that would be an interesting storyline ... the likes of which are right up your alley!
                          Lol, I WISH I'd been there!!! I would most definately have had a perky bounce in my step after that!!

In terms of Sam... I like to think that the haircut in season 6 was due to her emotional distress dealing with Daniel's death/ascension. She was upset and frustrated, unable to discuss her feelings with anyone and as a means to act upon this turmoil eating away inside of her...she did the only non-violent thing she could...whacked off her own hair.

To me, season 6 will always be remembered as the three D's...
                          Daniel's death caused Jack's denial which lead to a discord amongst the team.

My apologies if this post appears jumbled and without thought... my daughter's been climbing all over me chattering in my ear the entire time, so my mind kept drifting while I was writing this.
                          Kat

Hm, that's interesting! I never thought that far into the whole hair thing, lol, I've always just seen it as a way to recognize which season pics are from... I agree with the three D's!

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Reminds me of the time my sister & I decided to cut Malibu Barbie's hair to "fix" it. As we tried to fix *our* cut, it got shorter and shorter. But not this bad.
                          Haha, when I was tiny, I had my one barbie who was my absolute favourite, I called her Jennifer Jennifer… (Don’t’ ask, I have no idea!) And I went and cut ALL her hair off, as close as I could… it looks like she has three tiny little mowhawk things over her head…
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

This is totally off-topic but is anyone else miffed that Scifi started with Lockdown after the season ended instead New Order? I've been waiting for them to re-air New Order I & II so I could get it a better copy of it. I'm sure
                            they wanted the show to end with Moebius II right before the beginning of the new season, but there were several episodes I would rather they passed on than New Order. *Blah*

Kat
                            I wasn't miffed as much as I was thoroughly surprised...why would they skip an episode with such deep ramifications for the rest of the Season??? Several MAJOR, or should I say Lt. Colonel (okay, bad pun) events took place in those eps...and if the last ep you saw was Lost City 2, and didn't watch any of the season at all, you're probably wondering how O'Neill was defrosted and what was up with the ranks...

...and Teal'c's hair...

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                              Just read in the news thread that Amanda has been nominated for a LEO award for her work on THREADS! and for the life of me i can't remember who she is up against but it is only one other Actress.
                              I really hope she wins as her scenes with C.A was heartbreaking to watch, anyway well done Amanda on your nomination!

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

her work this past season 8 has given amanda a lot of opportunities to shine. if i were the ppl picking out which ep to choose from, i'd have quite a hard time. New Order 2, Gemini, Threads, and the Moebius ep(s) would have given me a headache in choosing which one to nominate her for. *pauses to choose* I can't choose!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

NEW’ER’ISH STUFF HERE

For a time this afternoon, we only had 4 stars! It was a stunning blow for the people of Samanda...I went and revoted for the thread, and apparently others did too; so we regained our 5 Star Status!

I mean, this is important! What if on her off time, maybe while nursing baby O, our queen makes a surprise visit to Samanda? How would she feel seeing only 4 stars there?!?? Devastated I'm sure. Therefore, it is the duty of every Samandan to maintain the 5 star rating...all day EVERY DAY!

Perhaps the President or VP of Samanda could draft a law along those lines...
                                And now that the VP has signed the law into effect, I think that ChopinGal should be called into service to create a Royal Proclamation.

*Jumps up to do so but realizes I’ve already been beat to it  And to the official proclamation…

All in all, you came away with some neat tidbits! Now, one more question: off to rehearsal?! Are you a fellow thespian like MajorSam? BTW, where the heck is that girl?! I think we should send out a rescue party or something ... Or are you a drama teacher/coach? Inquiring minds want to know!
                                Well spank me Sophie! Tenor sax, and I play keyboards and MajorSam and dipsojazz are musicians too - we've got a blooming Samanda Band forming here.

Poor Murray and his Merry Minstrels will be out of work soon!

BTW, did anyone ever read the AT interview where she admits to having played some folk-guitar duets with RDA during their off time? She also shyly states elsewhere that she would never play in public. I often thought it would be great though if we could have seen Sam and Jack playing guitars as hobbies in the show. Camping out around the fire and playing guitars and Daniel and Teal'c singing along ... now that's my idea of a great ensemble script!
                                AWWW!! Someone actually noticed… *sniff choke sob* I’m surprised I haven’t needed a rescue party! Sorry I kind of just dropped off, but I’ve been SOOOO insanely busy… It’s… well, insane. And I regret to say but I have a feeling it’s going to be staying like that for the next 10 weeks or so… This past week it’s been because my French billet was here, and I had to be with her all the time, and show her around, go to fancy places, parties, dinners etc. May sound fab (which it was) but it still kept me from even checking up!! I just went through over 20 pages…!

Speaking of rehearsals…which I have almost four hours of rehearsals every day, and last Sunday, 7! In a row! And my play goes up in less than two weeks… my director’s going INSANE! But it’s all coming together! I’m SOOO EXCITED!!!

I would LOVe to see a sing along thing… I vote we incorporate some of that into the Musical in season 10!!! (Possibly into the Musical that Amanda’s bro has already written )
                                She’s also played with… omg I’ve completely forgotten his name… Senator Kinsey! He also does folk stuff

Sam's absence explained in pictures
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tepisode2r.jpg
                                Riding motorcycles and flying spaceships (both Tauri and alien)
                                and playing with alien tech!
                                Now THAT’S my kinda “absence”!!!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                ahem, yes, we all know what fishing means.

it and 'cake' are some fun euphamisms that shippers enjoy using
                                Heh…. Fishing… HEHEH… the cartoon on the back of my GateCon 200…4 shirt had the theme of “fishing”

Originally posted by tara3583
                                Just read in the news thread that Amanda has been nominated for a LEO award for her work on THREADS! and for the life of me i can't remember who she is up against but it is only one other Actress.
                                I really hope she wins as her scenes with C.A was heartbreaking to watch, anyway well done Amanda on your nomination!

WOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!! You beat me too it. She most DEFINITELY should get her next Leo for Threads… she did absolutely fantastic, and no matter how good the other nominees were, they can’t be as good as her in Threads!
                                Thanks for the Link ChopinGal and AstroG!

CA is voicing his character for the Stargate Video Game! Looking even more forward to this now (we'll get to play *as* Carter! )

Who knew that Jacob was a Sam/Daniel Shipper?
                                Sam/DANIEL!?!?!?

How’s about this:

MISSION COMPLETED – Awarded 3 days downtime – Receive one P90 – Found $5000

*Pushes button ~ Moves up, turn right, Select door*

*Speech bubble * Jack: Enter

*Pushes A, door opens *

*Speech bubble* Jack: Hey Carter, whatsup?

Sam: I have three days downtime, $5000 and a P90. Lets go to Australia for an incredibly Romantic “Fishing” Trip and get rid of all our ridiculous sexual tension

Jack: Ok lets go.

What’s the P90 for though?

Sam: Safety against Daniel’s baaaad timing.

*Cough* maybe MajorSam should use GateWorld to host her pics...Then she wouldnt have any problems with 'Selective Bluring'....
                                http://www.gateworld.net/%7Edavid/graphics/family_photo2.jpg"http://www.gateworld.net/~david/graphics/family_photo2.jpg
                                I haven’t the foggiest of what you’re talking about!!!

Hehehe, I love this pic

I just love the look on my face! Oh, dear gracious me, it appears to be blotted out! A horrible irreparable virus has attacked once again!

caption: 'Sam looks upon her great Tok'ra vibrator collection.'

sally
                                HAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! Brilliant Sally, utterly brilliant thanks for that!

WELCOME CHARLIE!!!

BRILLIANT Poems Chopin!!!

Well, beans are supposed to only be for every 500 posts… can we make a special Orange Jello or some such for each hundred??

I had a million other posts I’d wanted to quote… but I don’t have time to go find them all again  

OOOH, I made a new sig... what do people thinK??
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X