No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the Link ChopinGal and AstroG!

Season 9 spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Apparently PDL has said that he'd find a way to bring Jacob back in season 9, to make Amanda happy again I remember this being hinted at a while ago, so there's a good chance we'll see him in Season9 then

CA is voicing his character for the Stargate Video Game! Looking even more forward to this now (we'll get to play *as* Carter! )

Who knew that Jacob was a Sam/Daniel Shipper?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      One of my favorite Sam eps is Nightwalker. Besides doing a great job commanding the mission, she also looks very cool in black. Both Teal'c and Jonas respected her position as leader. Too bad season 8 didn't show more of Sam's leadership abilities.

Stargate: Matrix

Sam does look good in black

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        One of my favorite Sam eps is Nightwalker. Besides doing a great job commanding the mission, she also looks very cool in black. Both Teal'c and Jonas respected her position as leader. Too bad season 8 didn't show more of Sam's leadership abilities.

Yeah and that great line; "Jonas keep an eye on teal'c" *walks over to teal'c* "Keep an eye on jonas" (Or something to that effect)
        Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Thanks for the Link ChopinGal and AstroG!

Season 9 spoiler
          Spoiler:
          Apparently PDL has said that he'd find a way to bring Jacob back in season 9, to make Amanda happy again I remember this being hinted at a while ago, so there's a good chance we'll see him in Season9 then

CA is voicing his character for the Stargate Video Game! Looking even more forward to this now (we'll get to play *as* Carter! )

Who knew that Jacob was a Sam/Daniel Shipper?
          It's kinda funny that Carmen would say that about Sam, Jack and Daniel because it's completely different from the message sent in Threads, where we clearly saw Jacob counsel his daughter
          Spoiler:
          to not let regs get in the way of what she wanted
          which obviously had to do with Jack and not Daniel. I thought it was fairly clear that
          Spoiler:
          Jacob was pushing Sam to re-examine not only whether or not she should marry Pete, but her priorities regarding her life and work. And then there's that delightful scene where he's needling her about the florist in front of Jack! He knew what he was doing because he knew how she really felt, even if she didn't acknowledge it yet.

So why then would he think Jacob would prefer Daniel over Jack? But then again, there are lots of situations in real life and in TV or movies where one would THINK that two characters should have certain feelings for each other because they seem to be on the same wavelength, but they just don't have that chemistry.

Then of course, there's Sam and Jack which prove I think that opposites attract...The sexy but somewhat dense hero and the brilliant scientist soldier...(hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar... )

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i see part of how sam acted with RC as a sign of just how messed up fifth left her.

i personally think, once the boys got her back in New Order, that she never told them that fifth broke her. i think she never told them that she begged fifth to stop. and i think, deep down, that sam is terrified of fifth getting her again

which leads her to empathize with RC a little too much. RC knew this and played sam. she played on her sympathies and fears. she played on sam being rather desperate to avoid fifth and to stop the reps

sam eventually realized this, but by then it was toolate and the mistake had already been made
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i see part of how sam acted with RC as a sign of just how messed up fifth left her.

i personally think, once the boys got her back in New Order, that she never told them that fifth broke her. i think she never told them that she begged fifth to stop. and i think, deep down, that sam is terrified of fifth getting her again

which leads her to empathize with RC a little too much. RC knew this and played sam. she played on her sympathies and fears. she played on sam being rather desperate to avoid fifth and to stop the reps

sam eventually realized this, but by then it was toolate and the mistake had already been made
              I fully agree about all of the above.

She definitely didn't tell them and I'm sure they didn't ask her.

I also am a little disturbed at how easily she seemed to recover from the torture (I mean she was downright lighthearted at the end of the episode)...but this is true of all the characters. Whenever something traumatic happens, they seem to rebound really quickly...

The exception was Daniel's death, which seemed to affect her for longer than that one episode and was brought up in future eps like Paradise Lost...

But I just don't buy that Sam doesn't have some sort of residual pain or issue from the multitude of traumatic events she's experienced, starting with Jolinar in Season 2 through the present...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That's definatly the way I see it, especially the part about Fifth breaking her and her not telling the guys about it.
                RepliCarter, for all intents and purposes, has the same thought patterns and basic feelings as Sam and for Sam to basically see herself at that point of despair (wanting to destroy herself) probably shook her up a bit.

Comment

Great post, I completely Agree. that is also how i see it

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                    Just read in the news thread that Amanda has been nominated for a LEO award for her work on THREADS! and for the life of me i can't remember who she is up against but it is only one other Actress.
                    I really hope she wins as her scenes with C.A was heartbreaking to watch, anyway well done Amanda on your nomination!
                    I agree! Woohoo for AT being nominated for a LEO award, this time for Threads! I could have seen her nominated for any of the following episodes, in addition to Threads: New Order, Gemini, Reckoning, and Moebius. AT's acting in season eight has been phenomenal (as well as in all the seasons). I'm glad she got the opportunity to play some different versions of Sam---probably makes it more interesting for her as an actor. Let's hope she gets to play Sam the leader alot in season nine when she returns.

Great interview with CA (Jacob)! You can tell the mutual respect that CA and AT have for each other. Let's hope Peter Deluise pulls through for season nine.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      And here's a cool pic of our Sam to play with...

Guess The Episode

...or create your own episode title...
                      ...or create a caption...

Photo is from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
                      caption: 'Sam looks upon her great Tok'ra vibrator collection.'

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        Chopingal found an online interview-article of Carmen Argenziano and she asked me to post the link for the folks on this thread

http://www.scifigate.net/threadsofdiscussion.php

Thank you very much for the link to this interview. Carmen is such a beautiful human being. I have adored his portrayal of Jacob since we were first introduced to him in Secrets and have only grown to love him more and more over the years. Carmen's thoughts regarding both Sam and Amanda were extremely touching. It's obvious that the love and respect between Sam and Jacob was portrayed with such realism because the same feelings were shared between Amanda and Carmen. I was torn apart by the scene between the two of them in Threads but now find myself even more deeply troubled knowing how hard this scene was for Amanda. I truly hope she wins for her portrayal in Threads because she truly deserves it.

Kat

Comment

spoilers for s7's heroes 2 and s8's threads/mobieus 2

Originally posted by Carterslave

To those who are disappointed that Sam & Jack didn't Do It by the end of S8, I respond: but they did. It's just a matter of reading between the lines. Especially — "I don't know why we didn't do it years ago." "Yes ... let's not dwell." That's some of the shippiest dialogue I've heard on the show since Carter was missing O'Neill in 100 Days and Fraiser asked "Is this going to be a problem [between us]?" Poor Doc Fraiser ... yet another victim of the Black Widow Curse.
                          thanks, carterslave. as an s/j shipper, i'm a bit punch-drunk , so i appreciate the support.

i miss janet a lot. i don't see janet's demise as the black widow curse thinger, just the writers axing a character for the sake of dramatic purposes. (keep your mittens off sam, ptb!!!)

i really shouldn't listen to John Williams music when i'm posting (depending on the trac, i'm either happy or sad at a drop of a hat)

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                            And down the gutter we go

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea for a PWP...

Comment

LOL!!!!

My LJ

Comment

sally

sally, sally, sally

scoots over, get your bootie down here in the gutter, i'm tired of looking up all the time anyway
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X