X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    An observation about Reckoning

Spoiler:
    When reppy comes into the room where Daniel is, he immedietely starts backing away, and saying "i'll tell you whatever you want, just don't do the head thingy" Jonas was on Sg-1 when they first found the human form replicaters, and everyone got hands in their heads. Daniel has never encountered the human forms, but he's immedietely wary and on full alert and waryness. That means someone has to have told him about everything.

I wonder what a convo between Sam and Daniel about what the human forms can do would be like... Who do you think it was that talked to Daniel about it? Obviously he knows about Replicarter and stuff cause he was there in Gemini, but do you think they've ever talked to him about it with a bit more...depth, and background? They must have filled him in on the stuff that happened when Jonas was there.

I hope that all made sense...

I think...
    Spoiler:

that Sam is the most likely candidate to discuss the "hand-in-the-head thing," or Teal'c. Jack's just... BAD at discussing the painful stuff, especially considering what they brought up.

So... you gonna PM me or what?

Comment

spoilers for s8's reckoning and threads

This is c/ped over from the shipper thread, because I think it's relevant here.

Spoiler:
      Does anyone think that maybe what hurts/causes Jacob dying is Replicarter is the one that hurt him? Wouldn't that be horrible! I could see Jacob thinking he could reason with RC, but then RC stabbing him or something in a way/place that it's seriously draining Selmac to heal. Or RC purposely finds a way of hurting Selmac, because she knows it'll kill them both, slowly. I'm seriously speculating here, but I think it would be the worst twist of fate that RC is the one that's killing Jacob.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:
        Does anyone think that maybe what hurts/causes Jacob dying is Replicarter is the one that hurt him? Wouldn't that be horrible! I could see Jacob thinking he could reason with RC, but then RC stabbing him or something in a way/place that it's seriously draining Selmac to heal. Or RC purposely finds a way of hurting Selmac, because she knows it'll kill them both, slowly. I'm seriously speculating here, but I think it would be the worst twist of fate that RC is the one that's killing Jacob.

Sally
        Intriguing idea, Sally ... if it doesn't happen in the show, it would make a great fanfic!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          A near as i can determine, i have the ability to add a poll. So we need to decide, do we want it in here? I don't think i can add multiple polls, just one, so if we're doing more than one, it could be an issue

or we could start a second poll thread when we're ready

we can even set it up that folks can't discuss thier choices in that thread, they need to come and do it here
          Sky - you're a moderator, are you sure that our "Favorite Carter Episode Poll" hasn't been done before? If not, go for it! Bringing everyone back here to talk more about why they favor an episode will certainly add to our numbers - just hope they're nice, fuzzy, warm, respectful fans ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            (Humm.... Real Carter is "good" because she hides her dark side deep within herself, whereas RepCarter is "Bad" because she (may have been) forced to protect her "goodness" from Fifth. This has potential....)

Very interesting point!

As to what Reckoning showed about Rep Carter:
            Spoiler:
            When Daniel accused her of destroying the galaxy, she countered with "I'm not destroying, I'm creating."

If we (humans)destroy a wetland to build a suburb, does that make us evil? By what right do we make ourselves superior and more important than the flora and fauna that we must destroy in order to create?

I think that her actions have evil consequences for all life in the galaxy, but I'm still not sure that RepCarter deserves the title of evil, yet.
            I think I saw a whole other thread debating whether replicators can be good or evil, so maybe this philosophical discussion doesn't belong here. But it's such an interesting storyline for Sam, that it's fun to explore with this particular bunch of fans.

I tend to think that in their own view, replicators just like humans, trying to survive. Certainly the way they go about doing that has horrible consequences for anyone who gets in their way, but I wouldn't call them "evil" either.

The difference with RC is that we don't know how much of real Sam, or for that matter 5th, is in her. If she has any of their "humanity", it would make her a more interesting character. A conflicted replicator like 5th is far more fascinating than a "pure" replicator like 1st. Then add into the mix that the conflicted replicator is based on Sam, who has some issues of her own, and we could have a really great, emotionally messed-up villain.

Are there psychiatrists for replicators? Maybe RC will replicate Janet to advise her! Sorry, I'm getting squirrely; I better quit for now.

Comment

[spoiler]I have a question that's not really Sam focused, but...
              Spoiler:
              Does it 'show' RC torturing/putting her hand in Daniel's head? I really hope not.

Sally
              Nope, it doesn't!!!

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              So... you gonna PM me or what?
              Yes of course dear, i'll get rite on it, lol. (sorry, I just got this image of a housewife pop into my head and had the urge to say that...

Spoiler:

Sally

I think that would be the most brilliant thing ever to happen in Stargate... I can TOTALLY see it alll!!!!

Spoiler:
              That would be almost as good as Replicarter killing Jack!! Can you IMAGINE what Sam would go through...!?

I think I'm definately going to write a fic about that... a few years and it might be done!

BTW, are any of you guys Beta's at all???
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Can we add 'Matter of Time' to the list? This, to me, was the first time they *really* showcased just how smart Sam was. I felt this ep started a new theme/tradition for Sam.

Sally
                Done!

Best Carter Episode
                A Matter Of Time
                Ascension
                Death Knell
                Entity
                Foothold
                Gemini
                Grace
                Hathor
                In The Line of Duty
                Jolinar's Memories/TDYK
                Seth
                Show and Tell
                Singularity
                Solitudes
                Tokra
                Other?

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  The difference with RC is that we don't know how much of real Sam, or for that matter 5th, is in her. If she has any of their "humanity", it would make her a more interesting character. A conflicted replicator like 5th is far more fascinating than a "pure" replicator like 1st. Then add into the mix that the conflicted replicator is based on Sam, who has some issues of her own, and we could have a really great, emotionally messed-up villain. Are there psychiatrists for replicators?
                  I agree - a complex villian is much more intriguing and interesting to watch than a simple one-dimensional villian. - And LOL at that last line!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Sky - you're a moderator, are you sure that our "Favorite Carter Episode Poll" hasn't been done before? If not, go for it! Bringing everyone back here to talk more about why they favor an episode will certainly add to our numbers - just hope they're nice, fuzzy, warm, respectful fans ....
                    Even if the poll has been done before, I'd like to do it again... since the release of the Season 7 DVDs more folks will be familiar with a broader range of the episodes... And I think we have a good core group of folks here to work from.

To keep things nice and respectful, we can include a note that no character bashing is allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                      I think that Rep Carter, being made in Sam's image so to speak, might have a certain moral capacity, since it was Real Sam that first attracted Fifth - her goodness and all. But if he actually tried to mess with Rep Sam's morality then he either succeeded in erasing that part or she hid it from him.

(Humm.... Real Carter is "good" because she hides her dark side deep within herself, whereas RepCarter is "Bad" because she (may have been) forced to protect her "goodness" from Fifth. This has potential....)

As to what Reckoning showed about Rep Carter:
                      Spoiler:
                      When Daniel accused her of destroying the galaxy, she countered with "I'm not destroying, I'm creating."

If we (humans)destroy a wetland to build a suburb, does that make us evil? By what right do we make ourselves superior and more important than the flora and fauna that we must destroy in order to create?

I think that her actions have evil consequences for all life in the galaxy, but I'm still not sure that RepCarter deserves the title of evil, yet.
                      Excellent analysis, excellent post. I can't wait until Reckoning makes it the the US! Months from now... sigh...

Comment

Wow, great thread! 27 pages of Carter, whats there not to like
                        I think the moment that sticks in my mind most about Sam, is the scene from the Season 2 opener (Serpents Lair) where she's sitting in the Glider looking up at Earth. Great scene

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Very interesting point!

I think I saw a whole other thread debating whether replicators can be good or evil, so maybe this philosophical discussion doesn't belong here. But it's such an interesting storyline for Sam, that it's fun to explore with this particular bunch of fans.

I tend to think that in their own view, replicators just like humans, trying to survive. Certainly the way they go about doing that has horrible consequences for anyone who gets in their way, but I wouldn't call them "evil" either.

The difference with RC is that we don't know how much of real Sam, or for that matter 5th, is in her. If she has any of their "humanity", it would make her a more interesting character. A conflicted replicator like 5th is far more fascinating than a "pure" replicator like 1st. Then add into the mix that the conflicted replicator is based on Sam, who has some issues of her own, and we could have a really great, emotionally messed-up villain.

Are there psychiatrists for replicators? Maybe RC will replicate Janet to advise her! Sorry, I'm getting squirrely; I better quit for now.

Great post! Yes, the replicators are so deviously "human" and that's why we want TPTB to keep them around for S9 and LOL at the psychiatric suggestion! This is why I'm having so much fun writing Head Trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Wow, great thread! 27 pages of Carter, whats there not to like
                            I think the moment that sticks in my mind most about Sam, is the scene from the Season 2 opener (Serpents Lair) where she's sitting in the Glider looking up at Earth. Great scene
                            Welcome Aboard from the far, far shores of Australia!

You just reminded us of a very beautiful scene - always liked that shot of Carter looking up above as O'Neill reminds her that it wasn't such a bad day after all ... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              Even if the poll has been done before, I'd like to do it again... since the release of the Season 7 DVDs more folks will be familiar with a broader range of the episodes... And I think we have a good core group of folks here to work from.

To keep things nice and respectful, we can include a note that no character bashing is allowed.
                              I second that! I think you got my drift ....

Comment

this is a 'sam is a great character' thread, so i don't think it's too far of a stretch to say that anti-sam remarks aren't welcome here

as to the poll, i think we need to keep it reasonable...by that i mean that it's hard to get a clear winner if we vote on 20-30 episodes, so i'm thinking no more than 15 or so

we can always have more polls

or....we could do it by season, let everyone vote on the best sam episode of each season, then take those 7 winners (or 8) and let them run against each other to get the best sam episode over all
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X