Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Yeah I have finally received my luggage from the airline. So before I run off to rehearsal let me give you a little more info from the Vancouver Con.

S/J question was asked to Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, and N.John Smith. Martin asked how many shippers there were in the crowd - a little less than 1/4 of the people rasied their hands. He then went on to say the even thou RDA is currently schedule to be in just 2 episodes for S9 - the character of Jack O'Neill will still be an important part of Stargate - RDA wanted them to leave the door open for possible future appearances.

After listening to several different panels it sounds like they will be doing more team centered episodes this season. Christopher Judge really emphasised that even though the show is taking a new direction with the Arthurian mythology the team gets to go back to traveling more through the Stargate this year and there will be more off world adventures.

We saw a clip from S9 - I'll put this in spoiler tags for those that don't want any info on S9
    Spoiler:
    The first scene they showed us was off Daniel & Col. Mitchell arguing - Mitchell said (not exact quote but close) "General O'Neill gave me my choice of assignments I chose SG-1 because I wanted to learn from the best Col. Carter, Teal'c and you Dr. Jackson" It is the scene were he is trying to get Daniel back to the SGC to be part of SG-1 again.

Next we see Vala inter through the Stargate and Mitchell and General Landry are waiting for her at the bottom of the ramp.

Then we see Lou Gossett Jrs character walking down the halls of the SGC talking with General Landry. The a shot of him and Teal'c

General Landry talking with Dr. Lam.

Then of course a scene of stuff blowing up.

As for Vala being in 6 instead of 5 episodes - well the first show of the new season was only scheduled to be a 2 parter but Martin Woods joked with Andy Mikita that everytime he does an episode it ends up running long. So the 2 parter became a 3 parter with almost enough footage to make it a 4 parter.

The episode that brings back Orlin will have some important Sam stuff in it. Martin also said that he is working on an episode to bring back the Aschen - which I would think this would be a Sam heavy episode.

From the sounds of things they really feel like as long as the ratings are good this will not be the last season for SG-1. At the same time it was said that if it is there is the possiblity of another spin-off and a movie is still not completly out of the question for the future.

Although Sam is my favorite character - AT has to have sometime off since having Olivia - but I think we will see a strong Carter when she returns.

Okay that is it for now because I've got to go to a rehearsal - I will post more later.
    *Wonderful* post, tsaxlady! Thanks for all that great information.

And... very interesting RE Season 9... it sounds like
    Spoiler:
    'Our' SG-1 basically disbanded... Sam's away, Daniel's off somewhere too... hmmm... I like the sentiment that Mitchell wants to learn from 'our' SG-1 (the best)... it also sounds like Mitchell has the job of putting an SG-1 team together now.
    Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I'll second your "four stars" question (????) That doesn't make much sense to me either. How the heck did we lose a star????

Twinkle twinkle little star
      Now we wonder where you are
      Once you added to our thread
      But fell from sight with all our dread ...

We know we're angsty
      A bit off game
      Our lighter posts
      Were much more tame

The lights are dimming
      All around
      Sam withdrawal
      Can be found

At this once
      Such stellar place
      Known as Samanda
      Land of Grace

Must we wonder where you are
      Sam is gone but not you too
      Please reappear and shine so true

Five star thread is what we need
      Help us soon get back to speed
      With calming thoughts, more peaceful space
      And Samandan joy back in place

The Royal Bar is still open!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

We know we're angsty
        A bit off game
        Our lighter posts
        Were much more tame

The lights are dimming
        All around
        Sam withdrawal
        Can be found

At this once
        Such stellar place
        Known as Samanda
        Land of Grace

How do you do that? Write poetry so quickly and so well? That is something that truly eludes me.... but I'm really good at scientific abstracts! (ooo.... look at the people clamoring and lining up for that!).

And folks... I *still* see five stars, not four! (Am starting to feel like Jean Luc Picard and his five lights!...sigh...).

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          *Wonderful* post, tsaxlady! Thanks for all that great information.

And... very interesting RE Season 9... it sounds like
          Spoiler:
          'Our' SG-1 basically disbanded... Sam's away, Daniel's off somewhere too... hmmm... I like the sentiment that Mitchell wants to learn from 'our' SG-1 (the best)... it also sounds like Mitchell has the job of putting an SG-1 team together now.
          Hmmmm
          It does make some sense, you know, because why was SG-1 created to begin with? They wanted to 1. Find Sha're and Skaara 2. Fight the Goa'uld 3. Procure allies and technologies to achieve objective #2.

Remember in 2001, when Jack came back and told Hammond to start to prepare for retirement because they've fulfilled their standing order? And of course in 2010 how the SGC was a mere historical fact because of defeating the Goa'uld?

Well at this point, as far as they're concerned, mission accomplished and they can move on to other things! (still dying to know exactly what Sam's "other things" are btw and Daniel's too for that matter)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Thank you for giving us this great info about the convention...I sure wish we knew more about Sam though. I kinda feel like I'm on pins and needles in some way...

...which is exactly how TPTB want us to be so we're all amped once July comes swinging around...
            And it's most likely going to be September before we get to see Sam in an episode!

Comment

How do you do that? Write poetry so quickly and so well? That is something that truly eludes me.... but I'm really good at scientific abstracts! (ooo.... look at the people clamoring and lining up for that!).

And folks... I *still* see five stars, not four! (Am starting to feel like Jean Luc Picard and his five lights!...sigh...).
              For a time this afternoon, we only had 4 stars! It was a stunning blow for the people of Samanda...I went and revoted for the thread, and apparently others did too; so we regained our 5 Star Status!

I mean, this is important! What if on her off time, maybe while nursing baby O, our queen makes a surprise visit to Samanda? How would she feel seeing only 4 stars there?!?? Devastated I'm sure. Therefore, it is the duty of every Samandan to maintain the 5 star rating...all day EVERY DAY!

Perhaps the President or VP of Samanda could draft a law along those lines...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

We know we're angsty
                A bit off game
                Our lighter posts
                Were much more tame

The lights are dimming
                All around
                Sam withdrawal
                Can be found

At this once
                Such stellar place
                Known as Samanda
                Land of Grace

Nice, Chopingal!!

Thanks for explaining the star rating, AstroG !! I see what to do now. Like I said, an earthshattering question.

And thanks to tsaxlady for sharing the info on Sam. Very helpful. I like the Orlin and Aschen storylines. Here's hoping for a strong Carter when she returns. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  I was surprised how few hands went up when Martin asked about shippers. Martin was in rare form and few questions were asked becuase of the tangents he would go off on - you really had to pay attendtion to him as well to try and tell what he was saying was true - They did not want to give away to much information - My feeling after hearing him was this "hey we have not forgot about the shippers - but with RDA gone you will not see much this year - But he did strongly point out that RDA may be back in the future so wait and see -
                  Hey There tsax

Thanks so much for some insider news! Could this be considered The Shipping News?! (Groan - I couldn't resist, guys!)

It also sounds good about Mitchell wanting to come to SGC to work with SG1 and mentioning Carter by name. That's a positive tone - hear that, Astro? No snarkiness on the radar screen!

All in all, you came away with some neat tidbits! Now, one more question: off to rehearsal?! Are you a fellow thespian like MajorSam? BTW, where the heck is that girl?! I think we should send out a rescue party or something ... Or are you a drama teacher/coach? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Nice, Chopingal!!

Thanks for explaining the star rating, AstroG !! I see what to do now. Like I said, an earthshattering question.

And thanks to tsaxlady for sharing the info on Sam. Very helpful. I like the Orlin and Aschen storylines. Here's hoping for a strong Carter when she returns. Cheers.
                    See?! Don't things look a little brighter now with our fifth star in place and illuminating some potentially fun episodes with Orlin and Aschen and Jack as a guest to brighten Sam's world and maybe a return of Ambassador Joe to spice things up and make Jack jealous? Ooh ... I'm running wild here ... rein me in!

My cup is not only half full, it runneth over!!

Comment

How do you do that? Write poetry so quickly? That is something that truly eludes me.... but I'm really good at scientific abstracts! (ooo.... look at the people clamoring and lining up for that!).

My Dear Keeper

It may have something to do with my proximity to the Royal Liquor Cabinet. I told you to come join me ... even your scientific abstracts will take on a new life!

Except ... I staggered and fell behind the Royal Bar and ended up seeing many more stars than you this evening! My twinkle has a wrinkle in it ... I'm laying off the sloe gin for the rest of the night. I'll let our Royal Accountant pick up the slack!

Jester

Comment

My Dear Keeper

It may have something to do with my proximity to the Royal Liquor Cabinet. I told you to come join me ... even your scientific abstracts will take on a new life!

Except ... I staggered and fell behind the Royal Bar and ended up seeing many more stars than you this evening! My twinkle has a wrinkle in it ... I'm laying off the sloe gin for the rest of the night. I'll let our Royal Accountant pick up the slack!

Jester
                        LOL, Jester!

Comment

I think tsaxlady is into music.....and that tsax probably stands for "tenor saxophone."

By the way.....I went and voted for the thread too. I'm glad to see we have our five stars back!
                          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 20 April 2005, 06:48 PM. Reason: extra thought

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            I think tsaxlady is into music.....and that tsax probably stands for "tenor saxophone."

By the way.....I went and voted for the thread too. I'm glad to see we have our five stars back!
                            Well spank me Sophie! Tenor sax, and I play keyboards and MajorSam and dipsojazz are musicians too - we've got a blooming Samanda Band forming here.

Poor Murray and his Merry Minstrels will be out of work soon!

BTW, did anyone ever read the AT interview where she admits to having played some folk-guitar duets with RDA during their off time? She also shyly states elsewhere that she would never play in public. I often thought it would be great though if we could have seen Sam and Jack playing guitars as hobbies in the show. Camping out around the fire and playing guitars and Daniel and Teal'c singing along ... now that's my idea of a great ensemble script!

Comment

BTW, did anyone ever read the AT interview where she admits to having played some folk-guitar duets with RDA during their off time? She also shyly states elsewhere that she would never play in public. I often thought it would be great though if we could have seen Sam and Jack playing guitars as hobbies in the show. Camping out around the fire and playing guitars and Daniel and Teal'c singing along ... now that's my idea of a great ensemble script!
                              Not if they sing the way they did in Urgo.

NC

Comment

Meandering back to the Favorite Sam Pic challenge,
                                here's another of my all-time favorite Sam pics

Sam/AT was hardly in this episode, but I really liked Sam as a firefighter - she had cool scenes... competent, energetic and heroic.

And that smile in that photo! Just makes me smile, can't help it!

Edited to add: like the hair too

Comment

Working...
                                X