No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only had a couple of seasons worth of waiting b/c I found Stargate well after it came to SciFi. But then the suspense was simply a cliffhanger, not waiting to see what would happen with the characters in this way.

I'm going to my happy place now--where Sam is unquestionably in charge and at the top of her game.

Comment

A birthday (Happy B day, Deepspace) and a picker-up of a poem (well done, ChopinGal)! It's refreshing to see a bit of good news mixed in with the "Sam return" angst, which I am suffering from these last few days!
      Last edited by SamFan31; 20 April 2005, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        HAPPY BIRTHDAY
        DEEPSPACE!!!

And from the lady herself:
        Make a wish!

Happy Birthday, Deepspace!
        NC

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          Okay I will write more later about the Con when I have time after work. But here is a little Sam info. Not much was asked about Sam during the Q & A part of the con. I did ask a few things at the dinner Fri night which Martin Gero was at and I asked a few things during the set tour along with autograph session that Martin Wood, Andy Miktia & N. John Smith did. They were not very forth coming with Sam info. I did learn that the first epsiode she will appear in starts filming this week even though Amanda is not back on set yet. They will do like they have done with RDA parts the last couple of years and film scene she will not be in and us her double to start filming her scenes. Then when she is back the will film her parts. There will be a couple of "Big" Sam stories later in the season. I was left with the feeling that her first big role will be in "The Forth Horesman".

Okay I have a class to go teach so I will write more when I can.
          Thanks, tsaxlady, for this information. (and nice picture of you and the actors!)

And thanks binkpmmc, AstroG and others for thoughts on why there are few Sam spoilers.

I just noticed that Gateworld now lists Ex Deus Machina as the sixth episode, not The Order. And the spoilers for Ex Deus Machina do include Sam. I don't know if the order of episodes is correct, but they made this change. If so, then the good news is, Sam is in the sixth episode. The not so good news is, the spoilers don't sound real exciting for Sam for her return episode, but we'll have to wait and see.

I agree with Astro--they have the opportunity to do something really exciting for Sam on her return that is key to the scifi stories, but I don't know if that's going to happen, unless indeed she is working on something truly important that becomes central/relevant in later episodes.

That's interesting, tsaxlady, that you say that you think Sam's first big role is in the Fourth Horseman. What made you think that? It seems that this episode is the mid-season cliffhanger. In some ways, it makes sense that Amanda would not be able to take on a big role in an episode until this time in the season, given she just had a child!!! I think it could be that they are allowing Amanda to ease into work, as they hopefully would. Hopefully, we will see alot more of Sam in the second half of the season.

As far as the few spoilers issue at the con, I tend to agree with binkpmmc and skydiver that it is a way of holding on to the many fans who await Sam's fate and the other many fans who await Sam/Jack's fate. Also, the writers/producers want to see their season nine get off the ground with the new characters, new stories, and talk about this.

As far as the fans not asking few questions about Sam and Sam/Jack to the writers, maybe it didn't feel appropriate, maybe there was little time for alot of questions. Really, there seem to be very few spoilers at all about any character from this con. And it would be inappropriate to ask MS and CJ--they should be asked about things relevant to them. If AT had attended, there would have been questions for her. (I was thinking that if ever AT and RDA went to a con together---it would probably be crazy!!). But this con was really about MS and CJ, and the writers' new ideas for the beginning of season nine.

Martin Gero commented that writing for the character Vala is like writer's candy---yikes. Help!! I really worry about the first five episodes---I will live through them just so I know the storylines, but it won't be easy. I do like Claudia Black, by the way, but I don't like how they wrote her character in PU. If the sexual innuendo continues, it is going to scream "male writers' fantasies" all over to me (and maybe male actors' fantasies too .

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            A birthday (Happy B day, Deepspace) and a picker-up of a poem (well done, ChopinGal)! It's refreshing to see a bit of good news mixed in with the "Sam return" angst, which I am suffering from these last few days!

Yes!! Happy Birthday, Deepspace!!!

Comment

I have two really stupid questions.

Why does this thread now only have four stars by it instead of five? Or has it always had that?

And why can't this thread have the little amanda picture by it like Jack's and Daniel's?

See, really important, earthshattering questions!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

Why does this thread now only have four stars by it instead of five? Or has it always had that?

And why can't this thread have the little amanda picture by it like Jack's and Daniel's?

See, really important, earthshattering questions!
                I'll second your "four stars" question (????) That doesn't make much sense to me either. How the heck did we lose a star????

Regarding the little Amanda picture, that was tried but apparently can't be changed now...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Some of the titles of S9 episodes seem to point in that direction: The Four Horsemen and Collateral Damage.

Ah, sigh ... J/S shippiness without RDA as a regular. I'm not too hopeful on that front. With all the new characters and arcs TPTB seem to be delivering in the first part of S9, I think the Gateroom may be too crowded for any relationship issues. It would have been fun ... we'll see.

According to all interviews I've read (in mags and on forums), it seems that a movie or telemovie series is definitely a possibility once the Gate makes its final Kawoosh and the television franchise ends. All four actors seem interested too.

The verdict is still out on the newcomers: BB and CB. Although, Vala isn't getting as positive a response at this point from the way she was written in Prometheus Unbound ... as one of our Samandans aptly named it: PU!

More ship in S9?! I think we may not see an increase in pairings as much as an increase in drama and action and, really hopefully, team/ensemble scripts! At least, that's what I'm looking for! Would love to see Sam and T and Danny Boy involved in some really scary situations and depending on each other to survive. Just like old times!
                  Yeah I have finally received my luggage from the airline. So before I run off to rehearsal let me give you a little more info from the Vancouver Con.

S/J question was asked to Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, and N.John Smith. Martin asked how many shippers there were in the crowd - a little less than 1/4 of the people rasied their hands. He then went on to say the even thou RDA is currently schedule to be in just 2 episodes for S9 - the character of Jack O'Neill will still be an important part of Stargate - RDA wanted them to leave the door open for possible future appearances.

After listening to several different panels it sounds like they will be doing more team centered episodes this season. Christopher Judge really emphasised that even though the show is taking a new direction with the Arthurian mythology the team gets to go back to traveling more through the Stargate this year and there will be more off world adventures.

We saw a clip from S9 - I'll put this in spoiler tags for those that don't want any info on S9
                  Spoiler:
                  The first scene they showed us was off Daniel & Col. Mitchell arguing - Mitchell said (not exact quote but close) "General O'Neill gave me my choice of assignments I chose SG-1 because I wanted to learn from the best Col. Carter, Teal'c and you Dr. Jackson" It is the scene were he is trying to get Daniel back to the SGC to be part of SG-1 again.

Next we see Vala inter through the Stargate and Mitchell and General Landry are waiting for her at the bottom of the ramp.

Then we see Lou Gossett Jrs character walking down the halls of the SGC talking with General Landry. The a shot of him and Teal'c

General Landry talking with Dr. Lam.

Then of course a scene of stuff blowing up.

As for Vala being in 6 instead of 5 episodes - well the first show of the new season was only scheduled to be a 2 parter but Martin Woods joked with Andy Mikita that everytime he does an episode it ends up running long. So the 2 parter became a 3 parter with almost enough footage to make it a 4 parter.

The episode that brings back Orlin will have some important Sam stuff in it. Martin also said that he is working on an episode to bring back the Aschen - which I would think this would be a Sam heavy episode.

From the sounds of things they really feel like as long as the ratings are good this will not be the last season for SG-1. At the same time it was said that if it is there is the possiblity of another spin-off and a movie is still not completly out of the question for the future.

Although Sam is my favorite character - AT has to have sometime off since having Olivia - but I think we will see a strong Carter when she returns.

Okay that is it for now because I've got to go to a rehearsal - I will post more later.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Happy Birthday, Deepspace!

Comment

Yeah I have finally received my luggage from the airline. So before I run off to rehearsal let me give you a little more info from the Vancouver Con.

S/J question was asked to Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, and N.John Smith. Martin asked how many shippers there were in the crowd - a little less than 1/4 of the people rasied their hands. He then went on to say the even thou RDA is currently schedule to be in just 2 episodes for S9 - the character of Jack O'Neill will still be an important part of Stargate - RDA wanted them to leave the door open for possible future appearances.

After listening to several different panels it sounds like they will be doing more team centered episodes this season. Christopher Judge really emphasised that even though the show is taking a new direction with the Arthurian mythology the team gets to go back to traveling more through the Stargate this year and there will be more off world adventures.

We saw a clip from S9 - I'll put this in spoiler tags for those that don't want any info on S9
                      Spoiler:
                      The first scene they showed us was off Daniel & Col. Mitchell arguing - Mitchell said (not exact quote but close) "General O'Neill gave me my choice of assignments I chose SG-1 because I wanted to learn from the best Col. Carter, Teal'c and you Dr. Jackson" It is the scene were he is trying to get Daniel back to the SGC to be part of SG-1 again.

Next we see Vala inter through the Stargate and Mitchell and General Landry are waiting for her at the bottom of the ramp.

Then we see Lou Gossett Jrs character walking down the halls of the SGC talking with General Landry. The a shot of him and Teal'c

As for Vala being in 6 instead of 5 episodes - well the first show of the new season was only scheduled to be a 2 parter but Martin Woods joked with Andy Mikita that everytime he does an episode it ends up running long. So the 2 parter became a 3 parter with almost enough footage to make it a 4 parter.

The episode that brings back Orlin will have some important Sam stuff in it. Martin also said that he is working on an episode to bring back the Aschen - which I would think this would be a Sam heavy episode.

From the sounds of things they really feel like as long as the ratings are good this will not be the last season for SG-1. At the same time it was said that if it is there is the possiblity of another spin-off and a movie is still not completly out of the question for the future.

Although Sam is my favorite character - AT has to have sometime off since having Olivia - but I think we will see a strong Carter when she returns.

Okay that is it for now because I've got to go to a rehearsal - I will post more later.
                      Only a fourth were shippers???? Wow...maybe shippers don't go to conventions as much as the others... Was there no other mention of the S/J ship beyond the question???

I like the idea of Orlin and the Aschen...I enjoyed both concepts and I agree, they should both be very Sam heavy eps.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

Now this
                        Spoiler:
                        "...I wanted to learn from the best Col. Carter, Teal'c and you Dr. Jackson"
                        sounds promising. That sounds to me as if Mitchell admires and respects Carter, and would be quite willing to serve under her

I wonder if Joe would be back for the Aschen episode? But yes, it does sound as if Sam would play a key role in that episode.

RE future of SG1, I'd love to see it go into a 10th season - if Amanda would still be playing Carter. I'd probably still watch it if she decided not to come back (and support her desicion) but it just wouldn't be the same

Happy B'Day Deepspace

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Only a fourth were shippers???? Wow...maybe shippers don't go to conventions as much as the others... Was there no other mention of the S/J ship beyond the question???

I like the idea of Orlin and the Aschen...I enjoyed both concepts and I agree, they should both be very Sam heavy eps.
                          I was surprised how few hands went up when Martin asked about shippers. Martin was in rare form and few questions were asked becuase of the tangents he would go off on - you really had to pay attendtion to him as well to try and tell what he was saying was true - They did not want to give away to much information - My feeling after hearing him was this "hey we have not forgot about the shippers - but with RDA gone you will not see much this year - But he did strongly point out that RDA may be back in the future so wait and see -
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Happy Birthday Deepspace!

My LJ

Comment

I was surprised how few hands went up when Martin asked about shippers. Martin was in rare form and few questions were asked becuase of the tangents he would go off on - you really had to pay attendtion to him as well to try and tell what he was saying was true - They did not want to give away to much information - My feeling after hearing him was this "hey we have not forgot about the shippers - but with RDA gone you will not see much this year - But he did strongly point out that RDA may be back in the future so wait and see -
                              I'm sure you were one of the people raising your hands... *wink wink nudge nudge*

Thank you for giving us this great info about the convention...I sure wish we knew more about Sam though. I kinda feel like I'm on pins and needles in some way...

...which is exactly how TPTB want us to be so we're all amped once July comes swinging around...

Comment

Erm... I still see five stars

And you can 'add to the star strength' by clicking on 'Rating' at the top of this page

(I don't know how often it lets you do it... or if you can only do it once, but I do it every now and then)
                                I'm guessing here... but since MajorSal started the thread, I would think that she's the one who has control over that little icon (notepage, Jack's face, Sam's face, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X