X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's so much angst on this forum thread
    About the upcoming Stargate season nine
    But I'm just walking with my head in the clouds
    Thinking....Everything will turn out just fine!

Errr Everything crossed mind!!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      My guess:
      Spoiler:
      Zero Hour... some of the few seconds that we got to see Sam was in charge off-world. But don't blink!

Congrats to AstroG and Hrh36 for guessing it correctly!! WOO!

Comment

Great new sig pic, Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Wow.

That was really snarky of you. Almost hostile even.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you!!!

Thanks for the blue jello, Über! Am proud of the snarky... and will try and moderate the hostile

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

I think Sam and Thor are working on a cure for whatever plague may figure into the early S9 storylines. That could be the "grave" reason Sam comes back: to report progress or no progress on the research. Either could propel the storylines forward.

Something that important would also explain what tore her away from Jack and the SGC so soon after their "breakthrough." When I'm not in worry mode, I still believe the S/J ship will be confirmed either in already-shot scenes or through dialogue. TPTB can confirm it now and let it just "be there".....without having to write around it every week. It preserves the integrity of the characters without forcing the ship down the throats of the anti-shippers each week.
            Some of the titles of S9 episodes seem to point in that direction: The Four Horsemen and Collateral Damage.

Ah, sigh ... J/S shippiness without RDA as a regular. I'm not too hopeful on that front. With all the new characters and arcs TPTB seem to be delivering in the first part of S9, I think the Gateroom may be too crowded for any relationship issues. It would have been fun ... we'll see.

... I still hope a movie might be made. I'm sure RDA and AT would both be in for that.....shorter work sked. If they're planning on multiple more seasons of SG-1, they've got this year to build up Cam and Lam.....and if Amanda were to leave, don't you think they could get Claudia Black to come on the team?

And, with Sam and Jack definitely a couple (to be exploited for guest shots during ratings periods), I believe the "ship" stories will go in a new direction. Maybe Daniel and Dr. Lam? Cameron & Dr. Lam? Cameron and the guest star of the week? Maybe Teal'c and Ishta (After all, Jolene Blalock has wrapped up Enterprise now).

What do you think?
            According to all interviews I've read (in mags and on forums), it seems that a movie or telemovie series is definitely a possibility once the Gate makes its final Kawoosh and the television franchise ends. All four actors seem interested too.

The verdict is still out on the newcomers: BB and CB. Although, Vala isn't getting as positive a response at this point from the way she was written in Prometheus Unbound ... as one of our Samandans aptly named it: PU!

More ship in S9?! I think we may not see an increase in pairings as much as an increase in drama and action and, really hopefully, team/ensemble scripts! At least, that's what I'm looking for! Would love to see Sam and T and Danny Boy involved in some really scary situations and depending on each other to survive. Just like old times!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
              DEEPSPACE!!!

Deepspace, your birthday is the same as my mother's!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Our Royal Page has been diligent about maintaining the kingdom's records of birth. We would be remiss not to notice that her own birthday is about to occur, probably whilst she is away from Samanda.

I hereby commission Royal Photographer or Keeper of the Flame to commemorate the littlest Page's day of birth in a gentle manner so that she is able to enjoy the tribute without too much embarrassment.

Jester
              SaGC/Samanda Birthday List

Comment

Chocdoc - great summary of Sam/AT ep's and acting!!

Strix - Brilliant idea for wakiest season 9 sam suggestion ROTFL - Sadly I couldn't rep you!!

1s4S - "Pete bashing" you will need to see Chimera to understand that comment. I'm showing the ep's in order so you're just gonna have to wait for it - so sometime next year probably!! A tease moi?!

Comment

Way to go Deepspace

Many congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

There's so much angst on this forum thread
                    About the upcoming Stargate season nine
                    But I'm just walking with my head in the clouds
                    Thinking....Everything will turn out just fine!
                    You're right, you're right
                    There is a blight
                    Of woe and dread
                    Upon this thread

How did Samanda
                    Turn arounda
                    Into such a
                    Desperate plight?

We have been cheery
                    And much less leery
                    In days gone by
                    It's not a lie!

Our Royal Counter
                    You've made us wonder
                    How the heck we move
                    Beyond ... er ...

Such doom and gloom
                    And false alarm ...
                    Sam will come back
                    With all her charm!

Let's try to keep our spirits up
                    And see the "half full" in the cup
                    Samandans, try to celebrate
                    As we wait for Sam coming through the Gate!

By Royal Decree All Good Citizens

The Royal Liquor Cabinet will remain open through the evening hours until the very first appearance of our Royal Highness in Season Nine.
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 April 2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                      DEEPSPACE!!!

Deepspace, your birthday is the same as my mother's!

SaGC/Samanda Birthday List
                      Now there's something to celebrate and be so happy about! Our little Page is not so little any more ... one more year older (and wiser). Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        You're right, you're right
                        There is a blight
                        Of woe and dread
                        Upon this thread

How did Samanda
                        Turn arounda
                        Into such a
                        Desperate plight?

We have been cheery
                        And much less leery
                        In days gone by
                        It's not a lie!

Our Royal Counter
                        You've made us wonder
                        How the heck we move
                        Beyond ... er ...

Such doom and gloom
                        And false alarm ...
                        Sam will come back
                        With all her charm!

Let's try to keep our spirits up
                        And see the "half full" in the cup
                        Samandans, try to celebrate
                        As we wait for Sam coming through the Gate!

By Royal Decree All Good Citizens

The Royal Liquor Cabinet will remain open through the evening hours until the very first appearance of our Royal Highness in Season Nine.
                        Love the poem CG!!! Wish I could rep ya for it!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Deepspace!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Okay.

Here's one for you.

The klaxons sound. A wormhole has been established. The new SGC CO asks for confirmation, and yes, Walter states that it is Colonel Carter's IDC.

The iris opens and moments later...

Lt. Col. Samuel Carter runs through the stargate.

Everyone's stunned by his appearance and he's left wondering why everyone thinks he should be a woman.

Yikes! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                              Re: not many questions about Sam at the Vancouver convention is actually not good news, 'cause that sends TPTB the message IMO that Sam is not missed. Which lets 'em off the hook to give her a big story.

Re: AT being the star of the show is very much a personal opinion. Sure, her Sam is my favorite character, but even so, I prefer ensemble casts so I think she, MS, and CJ are equal stars of the show. After all, it is called SG-1, so I think all members of SG-1 are the stars.

Personally, I've always thought of it as an ensemble show 'cause I'm not an RDA fan, but I realize he had other hit TV shows so they put him over the title and made use of his fame to draw viewers. OK, whatever.

But after the first few episodes I think it settled nicely into an ensemble show.

Besides, if PTB think AT is now the star, then why did they bring in BB? I'm still not happy about that because I think the remaining 3 stars (AT, MS, CJ) would carry the show just fine, thank you very much.

Not to mention there are fans who think MS is the star. And others who think CJ is the star (hence the "Should CJ get his own spinoff" thread going on in S9 folder).

I think it's a good idea to prevent fan wars over something that is really personal opinion (since PTB went ahead and hired another "star") by not declaring one or the other actors as the star, but simply as one's favorite.

IOW, the Big Three are equal stars in terms of the show. Sam/AT is my favorite in terms of personal opinion.

Which means so far S9 for me is looking less than stellar. . . .
                              hrh
                              I would agree that it's an ensemble, and has been even with RDA's name above the title. I think they are all equal in importance, but I do lhave a soft spot for our Sam.

Comment

I just have to ask: has it ever been this hard waiting to see what happens season-to-seaon? Some of you have been posting to this site for a long time. I've just been here since the end of March due to the vagueness of the season-ender, my anxiety over not getting any info and worry over what RDA's departure as a regular means for the S/J ship.

I'm tired of being jerked around! I've been a loyal fan for years! That has to count for something!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X