Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    LOL! Think they could get AT's twin to play the part?
    You're right! I didn't even think of that...

Okay...time to suggest it to JM!!!

ON EDIT: HEY! It's my 800th post!!!! And it's on this thread. Way cool...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      OMG!!!!!
      Martin Gero (writer on Atlantis) just posted on his thread in response to my Q.

/me starts going into shock

Does this mean, dare I say it, SAM IN ATLANTIS?!?!?!?
      I love his reference to your screenname

Comment

She decides she was wrong to dump Pete after all, and they determine to get married by Elvis Presley at a drive-through chapel in Las Vegas. While there, but before the ceremony is actually performed, Sam discovers that Elvis is, in fact, alive and well, because he is actually a goa'uld.

Upon realizing he has been discovered, Elvis and his loyal followers abduct Sam and Pete to Graceland where they are both tortured mercilessly by being forced to listen to "Hound Dog" for endless hours at excruciatingly high decibles. After several months of this, Pete eventually caves and spills his guts about everything he knows in regards to the Stargate program, and Elvis realizes that he really only needs Sam to get him to the Stargate and off-world where he plans to take over the galaxy much as he did the show-business world on earth. So he zats Pete three times into oblivion.

Sam, despite the horror of witnessing Pete's demise, keeps a level head and jury-rigs the wiring to the speakers in her holding cell, causing a feedback loop that explodes the entire secret Graceland stereo system. She escapes during the subsequent power failure and fire, calling for back-up from the SGC to take out Elvis and his followers.

Of course, she returns triumphant to the SGC just in time to save the world from a devastating plague.
        ROTFLOL, Strix! I think it's time for you to write another great Sam-whump fic (but without the Elvis Goa'uld )

Comment

Hehe, new game. Come up with the wackiest, most obscure reason why Sam is away for the start of Season 9
          Hmmm... Sam with coming through the gate with Jack's LoveChild... Sam coming through the gate pregnant... Sam with PMS... Sam with a P90 and PMS... Sam captured by the Elvis Goa'uld... Samuel Carter... Sam in Heimdal's body...

OK, you folks are starting to scare me... and I am definitely *not* going to sleep well tonight! And maybe not for the next week! The images in my head now!

Comment

She decides she was wrong to dump Pete after all, and they determine to get married by Elvis Presley at a drive-through chapel in Las Vegas. While there, but before the ceremony is actually performed, Sam discovers that Elvis is, in fact, alive and well, because he is actually a goa'uld.

Upon realizing he has been discovered, Elvis and his loyal followers abduct Sam and Pete to Graceland where they are both tortured mercilessly by being forced to listen to "Hound Dog" for endless hours at excruciatingly high decibles. After several months of this, Pete eventually caves and spills his guts about everything he knows in regards to the Stargate program, and Elvis realizes that he really only needs Sam to get him to the Stargate and off-world where he plans to take over the galaxy much as he did the show-business world on earth. So he zats Pete three times into oblivion.

Sam, despite the horror of witnessing Pete's demise, keeps a level head and jury-rigs the wiring to the speakers in her holding cell, causing a feedback loop that explodes the entire secret Graceland stereo system. She escapes during the subsequent power failure and fire, calling for back-up from the SGC to take out Elvis and his followers.

Of course, she returns triumphant to the SGC just in time to save the world from a devastating plague.
            Haha, I'd watch it just to hear Sam do the 'Elvis has left the building' line

Lol at Samuel Carter, and Sam in an Asgard

Ok I got one:
            Sam got put on hold by her bank

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              This was his first post to the thread... I have a feeling with this info and what he told AD...we may now know what Sam may be up to at the beginning of season 9.

Spoiler:

I think the odds of Sam being with the Asgard are pretty good at this point.
              Who else would Earth use as a liason with the Asgard?? as well as working knowledge of the Daedalus???

Hmmmmm.....
              Sam with the
              Spoiler:
              Asgard and on the Daedalus... I like that idea *so* much better than Sam getting Tokrafried (I'm branching my Tokra vocabulary out for Chopingal ).

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Sam with the
                Spoiler:
                Asgard and on the Daedalus... I like that idea *so* much better than Sam getting Tokrafried (I'm branching my Tokra vocabulary out for Chopingal ).
                Maybe it's just me and maybe it's a form of dyslexia but everytime I look at the word 'Tokrafried' I think 'Fried Okra'...

And personally it just gives me the shivers to think of Sam and Fried Okra in the same thought.

Kat

Comment

Haha, I'd watch it just to hear Sam do the 'Elvis has left the building' line

Lol at Samuel Carter, and Sam in an Asgard

Ok I got one:
                  Sam got put on hold by her bank
                  Yeah, and when he sees Jack, he expresses his undying love for him, but of course, Jack has no idea who he is. He's confused like he is in Point of View, but when it's all explained to him - that this MAN is Carter - Jack shudders with horror, goes into convulsive shock and has to be rushed to Antarctica to be represerved in the ice.

Samuel Carter is of course crushed and devastated by Jack's less than polite response to his expression of affection but, always the professional, starts trying to contact the Asgard to help revive O'Neill again...

(Man, I'm in a corny mood tonight)

It's just a joke, PEOPLE!!!

Last edited by Uber; 19 April 2005, 10:17 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    Sam with the
                    Spoiler:
                    Well we knew it would not be for professional AND personal reasons...just professional only...and it makes sense since
                    Spoiler:
                    at the beginning of Moebius 2, they made a point of showing Sam talking about the Daedalus...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      I can't tell if there is little being said right now because they don't want to spoil us at all about Sam, or if the new characters and Daniel and Teal'c are now considered much more important. Are they trying to drive Sam fans crazy (and the Sam/Jack shippers too for that matter)? The problem is, we have no idea how they are writing the Sam character and how involved Amanda wants to be. And it seems as if people learned nothing about this at the con.
                      Hi Chocdoc: many posts back I was speculating about why we have heard nothing much about Carter's return and I still think this is it:

I am convinced they (TPTB) are, and will continue, to hold that stuff (anything substantive about Carter) back because they know a lot of the fans will be reeled-in to see how they handle her absence, her return and whether she will lead/command the team. Mallozzi, and others, will continue to give non-responses (to questions about Carter in command and Carter's whereabouts and her return) in the hopes that many of the Carter fans who might otherwise jump ship (no pun intended) will watch to find out how it is all handled. I think they really are worried about the loss of fans due to RDAs departure and due to the lack of the S/J on-screen ship potential so they need this to keep some of those fans hooked, at least for a few episodes.
                      Anyway, I feel that TPTB have probably read the other cast memebers the riot act about Carter's storyline and want to keep it hush-hush as long as possible so fans will tune in to see how they are handling it in her absence and how they handle it for and after her return. They can see it is generating buzz and they know they want to keep the Carter fans so this is one way to keep them hooked (at least until we see how they handle it and if it is bad tune out then).

I also think it is rather curious that, while we have seen quite a bit of info on eps 1-5 and some info on ep 7 and a mid-season two-parter, we have seen almost zero info about episode 6, the ep in which Carter is supposed to return. The only thing I have seen about that ep is minimal and was from the actress April Tellek, who is guest starring in it and she did not even say much (except the name of the ep and that her character would be in it) since at the time of her interview she did not even have the script. I just see this as another play by TPTB to keep ANYTHING SUBSTANTIVE about Carter under wraps until the last possible moment. I do not think it is because they will be diminishing Carter's role in favor of making Daniel/Teal'c/Mitchell "more important" I just think they see it is a real hook for fans (just the same way they saw the S/J ship as a hook that they always were very evasive about and never really spilled much about it in any substantive way to keep the fans hooked). Oh, and YES, they do want to drive the fans CRAZY - which they are very good at doing.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Hi Chocdoc: many posts back I was speculating about why we have heard nothing much about Carter's return and I still think this is it:

Anyway, I feel that TPTB have probably read the other cast memebers the riot act about Carter's storyline and want to keep it hush-hush as long as possible so fans will tune in to see how they are handling it in her absence and how they handle it for and after her return. They can see it is generating buzz and they know they want to keep the Carter fans so this is one way to keep them hooked (at least until we see how they handle it and if it is bad tune out then).

I also think it is rather curious that, while we have seen quite a bit of info on eps 1-5 and some info on ep 7 and a mid-season two-parter, we have seen almost zero info about episode 6, the ep in which Carter is supposed to return. The only thing I have seen about that ep is minimal and was from the actress April Tellek, who is guest starring in it and she did not even say much (except the name of the ep and that her character would be in it) since at the time of her interview she did not even have the script. I just see this as another play by TPTB to keep ANYTHING SUBSTANTIVE about Carter under wraps until the last possible moment. I do not think it is because they will be diminishing Carter's role in favor of making Daniel/Teal'c/Mitchell "more important" I just think they see it is a real hook for fans (just the same way they saw the S/J ship as a hook that they always were very evasive about and never really spilled much about it in any substantive way to keep the fans hooked).
                        I agree...I said earlier today (or was it yesterday? Well, whatever) that I just can't imagine TPTB diminishing her role as team leader after such a short stint. It would IMHO truly be suicidal them to do this as the legions of loyal Sam fans would be royally ticked off at them...
                        Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Oh, and YES, they do want to drive the fans CRAZY - which they are very good at doing.
                        Yes. Yes they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Well we knew it would not be for professional AND personal reasons...just professional only...and it makes sense since
                          Spoiler:
                          at the beginning of Moebius 2, they made a point of showing Sam talking about the Daedalus...
                          as a shipper... i've got that 'giveth and taketh away' feeling....

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

RE:- very little info on Sam's return
                            I agree about very little info on episode 6 but
                            for me i'm finding it a little like a kick in the teeth that there is very little info coming
                            out about Sam at all. A little teasing of the fans from the ptb would be nice and would go a long way imho that Sam is still importent to the SGC and help ward off the feeling that i'm getting when reading the spoilers, because all i keep thinking is, well that's nice but what about Sam! I know Sam will be missing from the first 5 episodes but a mention of her would have been nice at least!
                            I hope i've made a litte bit of sense here to you all as i'm finding it a little hard to put into words what i'm feeling about how tptb are handling Sam's return.
                            ......TARA......

Comment

Ok, I'm completely stumped on the third appearance...
                              The head was in Stargate the Movie, Children Of The Gods (SG-1), and Rising (Atlantis). Martin Wood said on Sunday that it was in Rising because it had been in the Movie and the first episode of SG-1. There was also talk of possible future spin-offs and this is an item that he said if he had anything to do with it would be in all 1st episodes.

Due to plane problems (my last leg included and emergency landing ) One of my bags has not made it home to me yet. The airling called today to say they did find the missing bag and will deliver it to me tomorrow. It has some notes from the weekend - once I have it I will put together some other info from the weekend.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                RE:- very little info on Sam's return
                                I agree about very little info on episode 6 but
                                for me i'm finding it a little like a kick in the teeth that there is very little info coming
                                out about Sam at all. A little teasing of the fans from the ptb would be nice and would go a long way imho that Sam is still importent to the SGC and help ward off the feeling that i'm getting when reading the spoilers, because all i keep thinking is, well that's nice but what about Sam! I know Sam will be missing from the first 5 episodes but a mention of her would have been nice at least!
                                I hope i've made a litte bit of sense here to you all as i'm finding it a little hard to put into words what i'm feeling about how tptb are handling Sam's return.

totally agree.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X