Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Here's a Sam and Teal'c pic just for you...

big smooches

you're so sweet to keep feeding my addiction
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay ... this one's for you MajorSal ... would this "floor the fans"? ...

Spoiler:
      Sam has been away for "personal and professional" reasons. Professionally, she has been helping to mend the rift with the Tok'ra high council and the now newly formed Jaffa nation and, personally, Sam returns through the Stargate - klaxons blaring and Walter looking worried and new general and SG1 standing up in the control room waiting to see who activated the Gate - finally, Walter brightens and says: "It's Colonel Carter's signature code, sir!" Everyone relaxes and Sam steps through the Gate holding a baby! It's her love child with O'Neill - obviously they did more than fish at his cabin before everyone left for new missions. And baby Olivia is cast as the newest member of the SG1 team. Well, member-in-training.

Hey, it's late and I've had a hard day ... it sure beats the Tok'ra-in-her-head scenario.

Comment

AstroG---thanks for keeping all the records, as well as providing wonderful screen caps, and commentary!!

What Are Your Series Favorite Carter Episodes?

Singularity, In the Line of Duty, Foothold, Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, Ascension, Grace, New Order

Great Kick-A$$ Carter Scenes:

Too many to mention!!

Best AT Acting Episodes:

Also too many to mention, but here goes anyway: Singularity, Solitudes, Tok'ra I and II, Ascension, Meridian, Grace, Death Knell, New Order, Gemini, Reckoning I and II, and Moebius I and II

Best AT Acting Scenes:

Way, way, way too many once again. Let's see:

-In elevator in Singularity and then when she went back to Cassie--you really feel Sam's anguish and then determination.
        -With Martouf in Tok'ra I on the hill--very touching
        -With her Dad in Tok'ra II right before her Dad joins with Lantesh
        -When using the memory device in Jolinar's memories to recall -- pain and anguish
        -As Daniel is dying in Meridian
        -Every scene in Grace and Death Knell
        -Eulogy for Janet by Sam in Heroes
        -Torture scenes with Fifth in New order
        -Jacob/Sam scene in Threads
        -any Replicarter scene, and geek sam scene in Season 8!!

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:

Singularity, In the Line of Duty, Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know, Divide and Conquer, 48 Hours (with McKay), Grace, New Order, Threads

Great Episodes that should have led to more character development of Sam Carter:

Seth (need more use of Goa'uld technology), Entity (the aftermath), Heroes II (with Cassie), New Order (aftermath from Fifth, although saw some of this in Gemini)

Best Carter Humor Scene:Where Carter/AT gets to be funny:

Not enough
        --Moebius of course
        --Indeed with Teal'c in Space Race
        --Ascension where she asks O'Neill if she is ever tense and when did he first notice.

Best Sam-whumping scene/episode:

The Devil you KNow, New Order scenes with Fifth, and Death Knell

Best Sam/Teal'c scene/episode:this category is especially for Skydiver

Any scene that Sam and Teal'c are allowed to be in!! Examples:

-In Foothold where she says she'll come back for him
        -Indeed scene in Space Race
        -Locker room in Paradise Lost
        -Teal'c helping out Sam with Janet's eulogy

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contributionForeverSG1's category suggestion

Almost every episode, because Sam is a great character

Best Writer of good, solid Carter FUTURE episodes:

Skydiver, Astrogeologist, Strix varia, Majorsam, Chopingal, Uber, (I apologize for those I have missed on this thread!)

Best Sam and Janet scenes for Carterslave?

--Fire and Water when Dr. Frazier helps Captain Carter who is in shock.
        --Rites of Passage---all the scenes with Sam, Janet, and Cassie
        --The Fifth Man---when Sam told Janet it is up to her to find out what is going on
        --Ascension---in infirmary after fainting

Should have been many more Sam/Janet scenes in the series!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          And, then, the idea of
          Spoiler:
          Hammond and Sam on the secret mission far, far away seems a good one, but is Don Davis returning to the show? I thought he really was going into retirement mode.
          Ah, but if...
          Spoiler:
          they aren't showing AT for the first 5 or 6 episodes, why would they need to show Don Davis if they're off doing the same thing? Something big and important brings Sam back to earth and the SGC, but General Hammond could remain off-world doing his thing. Again, no need for Don Davis to be there.

And then again, maybe the General just decided to retire and spend more time with his grandkids. But it sure seemed like he was having fun commanding the Prometheus, didn't it?
          Last edited by Strix varia; 19 April 2005, 06:28 PM.

My LJ

Comment

Spoiler:
            Sam has been away for "personal and professional" reasons. Professionally, she has been helping to mend the rift with the Tok'ra high council and the now newly formed Jaffa nation and, personally, Sam returns through the Stargate - klaxons blaring and Walter looking worried and new general and SG1 standing up in the control room waiting to see who activated the Gate - finally, Walter brightens and says: "It's Colonel Carter's signature code, sir!" Everyone relaxes and Sam steps through the Gate holding a baby! It's her love child with O'Neill - obviously they did more than fish at his cabin before everyone left for new missions. And baby Olivia is cast as the newest member of the SG1 team. Well, member-in-training.

Hey, it's late and I've had a hard day ... it sure beats the Tok'ra-in-her-head scenario.
            Ummm...
            I'd cringe ... unless the baby has superpowers! (no seriously, the naquada in Sam's blood and therefore possibly in any child she might have )

Hehe, new game. Come up with the wackiest, most obscure reason why Sam is away for the start of Season 9

Comment

I received an email from Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter today. She apparently is not pleased that some feel she's not a strong character. In fact, she attached these pictures and ordered me to post this caption verbatim to make her point:

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: "Will the people who are saying I'm a weak and pathetic character, please take one step forward..."

Now, I tried to explain to the good Colonel that some might perceive her response as, well, less than cordial and perhaps even a smidge hostile...

...I'm afraid I cannot post her reply in mixed company...

LOL Über! Great pics... and captions!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                Astrogeologist:

I am not sure if you are thinking of part of my post earlier in this thread at No. 5027 where I said:

The stuff about Carter was my musing about what we could be "floored" about. The comment I read in a CON report from this past weekend simply said that the fans think they know what is going on and they will be "floored" by what really goes on, the report was not specific about characters or about storylines, I was simply adding my guess as to some of what we could perhaps be floored about. It could just as easily be something to do with Daniel or Teal'c or even Jack, depending on how they write his absence.

Also, I have not seen anything in any thread, interview or report, including the Ask JM thread here at GW or the interviews and spoilers posted at Thor's site, that specifically addresses Carter's return one way or the other except the one where Mallozzi says she is "far, far away" while she is gone and an interview from several weeks back wherein Cooper or Wood (cannot rememeber exactly who) said that when Carter returns it is because of a "grave" event or something like that - the word "grave" was definitely used - so she apparently comes back for a very good reason whatever it may be.

I also saw a report last night (at Yahoo Spoilme) that said Carmen Argenziano was at this past weekends Vulkon Con and he said Jacob could be back in S9 but he did not know if it would be flashbacks or something else . . . in response someone else was musing that S9 will be all alternate reality based so that could be what will "floor" everyone.

If it was my post (at 5027) that gave you the impression about Cater I hope this helps clear it up.
                I think that was it, Bink! And thanks so much for clarifying things Great post!

And I think a
                Spoiler:
                plague
                would be 'grave'!...(Four Horsemen spoilers)

Comment

I hope Jacob's back...I love his interactions with everyone...especially Sam, of course. And Carmen is probably my favorite guest star...

i really, really, really hope it's not that it's been an alternate reality since ... whenever (prob since the timeline mess in moebius).

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    ...Sam steps through the Gate holding a baby! It's her love child with O'Neill - obviously they did more than fish at his cabin before everyone left for new missions.
                    OMG! Yup, that would sure as heck floor me. A real jaw dropper. Um, in fact, I'm not sure I've completely recovered from the mere thought of it yet....

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      Astrogeologist:

I am not sure if you are thinking of part of my post earlier in this thread at No. 5027 where I said:

"Finally, I will try and remain as optimistic as UberSG-1Fan was in a post a few pages back, and say that the comment someone made at the CON about people thinking they know what is going on and that they will be really "floored" when they see what is going on means that for all of us who DOUBT Carter will be in charge, and for everyone who is assuming BB1 will remain team leader, - lookout because Carter IS going to be in charge (but that is only ONE of the things we are all wrong about. I bet one of the other things is the arthurian legend stuff - that did not seem to be such a big hit when it was first announced and there seemed to be a lot of speculation about it so I bet that is one of the things alluded to as well - everyone who thinks they know what will happen with the Arthurian legend will be floored by what they really see.) "

The stuff about Carter was my musing about what we could be "floored" about. The comment I read in a CON report from this past weekend simply said that the fans think they know what is going on and they will be "floored" by what really goes on, the report was not specific about characters or about storylines, I was simply adding my guess as to some of what we could perhaps be floored about. It could just as easily be something to do with Daniel or Teal'c or even Jack, depending on how they write his absence.

Also, I have not seen anything in any thread, interview or report, including the Ask JM thread here at GW or the interviews and spoilers posted at Thor's site, that specifically addresses Carter's return one way or the other except the one where Mallozzi says she is "far, far away" while she is gone and an interview from several weeks back wherein Cooper or Wood (cannot rememeber exactly who) said that when Carter returns it is because of a "grave" event or something like that - the word "grave" was definitely used - so she apparently comes back for a very good reason whatever it may be.

I also saw a report last night (at Yahoo Spoilme) that said Carmen Argenziano was at this past weekends Vulkon Con and he said Jacob could be back in S9 but he did not know if it would be flashbacks or something else . . . in response someone else was musing that S9 will be all alternate reality based so that could be what will "floor" everyone.

If it was my post (at 5027) that gave you the impression about Cater I hope this helps clear it up.
                      Thanks for the great clarifying post, Bink!
                      Originally posted by Kes
                      I'll help you out here. I wandered into this thread looking for con spoilers and read the post you're referring to.

It was a post by MajorSam talking about a conversation she had with Bruce Woloshyn (at the GW dinner)

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      he DID COME BACK TO THE HOTEL!?!??! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! I KNEW it!!! How long after I left did he come??? Did you get the chance to give him my message!? *kills circumstances that forced me to leave*

See, me and him were going to bust into the last part of the Caberet together... (I didn't have a pass, and he wasn't supossed to be there, but it's not like they're going to refuse HIM!) and we were going to meet at the hotel... but then right at the time he was supossed to be there, I had to leave...

Thanks for the info about Amanda I'm sure all the cast and crew just melted... awww

I'm wearing my signed hat right now <g> I'm very pleased to say that, when Rainbow arrived, he came and sat right beside me for the night I definately picked the right seat!!! *loves Rainbow*

Had some awesome discussions with Bruce about some upcoming Atlantis stuff in Siege pt 3. He emphasised the Deadelus!

Spoiler:

So Siege one and two, they were fighting so hard because they knew help was coming. well, when help comes, it comes in styyyyyle. (very BIG style, as in BIIIG ship) Apparantly we're going to be completely blown away. He also emphasised how there's going to be shots of the Deadelus and Atlantis together, showing sizes and stuff. We're definately going to finally see how big Atlantis actually is. He says it's really hard because it's only for TV screens, rite, but we're actually going to see now that its a massive entire CITY.

and re season 9
                      Spoiler:

We're going to be floored. He says a lot of us suspect we all know what's goin on, but apparantly we're not so smart as we think...hm...that could mean a lot of things...
                      Maybe MajorSam could elaborate when she gets back - cause I think that could be about anything!
                      And I do remember reading MajorSam's post! Thanks, Kes!

Comment

I received an email from Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter today. She apparently is not pleased that some feel she's not a strong character. In fact, she attached these pictures and ordered me to post this caption verbatim to make her point:

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: "Will the people who are saying I'm a weak and pathetic character, please take one step forward..."

Now, I tried to explain to the good Colonel that some might perceive her response as, well, less than cordial and perhaps even a smidge hostile...

...I'm afraid I cannot post her reply in mixed company...

LOL! Can't believe I missed this.... Good one Uber!

Everytime I see that bottom photo I can't help but think to myself 'She's having way too much fun doing that'

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i dunno. it takes a lot to 'floor' me

of course, tastes vary. I remember Joe saying that revisions was his favorite eps of s7 and i thought it was rather boring and totally lacking in suspense so....his floor may be my ceiling

Alright, alright. I happen to like the word, floor!

You slay me.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Hehe, new game. Come up with the wackiest, most obscure reason why Sam is away for the start of Season 9

she's really, really hooked on Wormhole Extreme and went to vancouver to hang on the set. then found out where colonel Danning's actor lived and groupied outside his house for a few weeks before finally tracking down every actor and getting her picture with them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              OMG! Yup, that would sure as heck floor me. A real jaw dropper. Um, in fact, I'm not sure I've completely recovered from the mere thought of it yet....
                              Meaning no offense to ChopinGal, of course for the idea, which is truly original!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                LOL! Can't believe I missed this.... Good one Uber!

Everytime I see that bottom photo I can't help but think to myself 'She's having way too much fun doing that'

i keep thinking of one silly thing.....PMS with a P90

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X