Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Where is this post that they discuss Sam coming back and the fans being 'blown away'??? I haven't seen anything like this. Also, if you want I can post the Tokrah question for you on JM's thread. I don't have any issues with it.

Kat
    Argh! Can't remember where I read it... and the 'search this thread' feature hasn't been working right since they moved to the new server... I scanned through the last several pages on Joe's thread and couldn't find it... So I'll open the question up - who remembers where 'they' say that the viewers are going to be 'blown away' when they find out why Sam comes back to Stargate Command? Was it in someone's post from the recent convention?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Argh! Can't remember where I read it... and the 'search this thread' feature hasn't been working right since they moved to the new server... I scanned through the last several pages on Joe's thread and couldn't find it... So I'll open the question up - who remembers where 'they' say that the viewers are going to be 'blown away' when they find out why Sam comes back to Stargate Command? Was it in someone's post from the recent convention?
      I have had an equally difficult time trying to find where I thought Joe had said that
      Spoiler:
      the leadership at Home World Security are going to all be civilians
      ...and I remember something about Sam but I'm not sure what it was... (boy, that's really helpful)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I have had an equally difficult time trying to find where I thought Joe had said that
        Spoiler:
        Oooo! He said that? Cool! If you find where that is posted, please let me know, I'd like to read it.

Comment

I don't know why.....but I just don't think they're going to put a Tok'ra in Sam. I think wherever Sam is working, it's on something that will pull the new storylines forward. I think that's what will "blow us away."

I also think Sam will be leading the team, although I wish Mitchell had been a Captain or a Major. But I still feel fairly certain on these two points. They just make sense.

The only thing (as you know) that concerns me is how they will treat the integrity of the J/S Ship. I'm too worried about that issue to see things clearly!

Comment

Spoiler:
            ...and I remember something about Sam but I'm not sure what it was... (boy, that's really helpful)
            I don't read anything but this thread. Do you know if anyone has asked Joe
            Spoiler:
            if Sam and Hammond are off doing something together? Or if anyone has asked about Hammond at all? I just haven't heard anything about him, as to why he isn't head of Homeland Security anymore.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              MajorSal and Astro - I just love your avators - is that what they are?
              thanks.

i didn't make it, though; it's one of the avatar options for me to use. (wish i'd made it)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                I don't know why.....but I just don't think they're going to put a Tok'ra in Sam. I think wherever Sam is working, it's on something that will pull the new storylines forward. I think that's what will "blow us away."

I also think Sam will be leading the team, although I wish Mitchell had been a Captain or a Major. But I still feel fairly certain on these two points. They just make sense.
                I like the way that you think, sg-1fanintn! :
                Spoilers for Threads below, and more speculation on Sam in Season 9
                \
                \
                \
                \
                \
                \
                \
                \
                \
                \
                Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                The only thing (as you know) that concerns me is how they will treat the integrity of the J/S Ship. I'm too worried about that issue to see things clearly!
                I don't know how they are going to handle J/S ship either, beings that RDA is going to be absent (most of the time)... However, TPTB took a direction with the ship with Threads and Moebius and whatever they do with Season 9's ship, I just hope they don't start wishy-washying things... poor Sam, she doesn't need to be shipped with the 'alien of the day'!

Comment

Originally posted by coley
                  Coley
                  MajorSal and Astro - I just love your avators - is that what they are?
                  Originally posted by majorsal
                  thanks. i didn't make it, though; it's one of the avatar options for me to use. (wish i'd made it)
                  Same here, Coley. I didn't make the Entity avatar - it's just one of Gateworld's premade avatars - it's probably available for you too - it's under 'Stargate Enemies', I think. Difficult for me to think of Sam as an enemy... but then there was RepliCarter....

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    The thing that worries me about season 9 is the fact that (I don't know if I need to spoiler this or not, but I'm going to, just to be safe)
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam is "out of the loop" for so long. By necessity, they're having to start the first several episodes without her, focusing attention on the other characters. I have no doubt that CJ and MS think that season 9 is awesome, after all, they're going to have the limelight in the beginning. Nothing wrong with that, but they're going to establish their own chemistry with the new characters, and they're going to be established as the main players in the new theme of the season. I mean, it seems pretty obvious that the writers are taking things in a new direction, and the new direction has a certain amount of cohesion to it, just like the first eight seasons had the on-going theme of the battle with the goa'uld.

So Sam being gone in the beginning leaves her out of all of this new stuff in the crucial development stage. I'm afraid she's going to be brought back in as sort of an after-thought.... oh, and by the way, Sam's back! Now to continue with our story where we left off... Plus, if the writers aren't careful, they could easily bring her back in such a way as to disrupt whatever chemistry has been established between the new characters in the first episodes, opening her up to criticism from the fans. If they set up BB in such a way that the fans fall in love with him, love him in charge, love him leading SG-1, it could be really bad for Sam.
                    i worry about this too (and s/j ship). for me, sam/amanda IS stargate.

another thing i'm fretting on is that i'm not sure how much of an 'adventure' i want sam going on while she's gone for the those five or six eps. i've had so many things kept from me as an s/j shipper that i don't want that to happen as a sam fan too. i want to SEE what she's been doing for those few weeks.

i agree, Strix varia, i don't want sam's return (and place in the hearts of her friends) to be replaced by the new ppl that had time to establish 'their' place while sam was gone. i guess i'm just afraid that sam (and amanda) are going to be put on the back burner or something.

we still don't know if sam's coming back in the fifth or sixth ep, so i'm hoping it's the fifth (and one we haven't really heard about) so that a BIG deal is made of it.

(((((sam)))))

(((((amanda)))))

sally
                    Last edited by majorsal; 19 April 2005, 04:23 PM. Reason: left out an s
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Speculation for Season 9
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \
                      \

(snip)

Of course... my *unhappy* prediction
                      Spoiler:
                      that Sam gets Tokrafied would remove that friction as the Air Force would not put a Tokra in charge of SG-1, so BB would stand as the sole member of SG-1 who was 'simply military'

I've been thinking of posting my question on the Joe Mallozzi thread
                      Spoiler:
                      The question being: Is Sam going to get Tokrafied in Season 9?
                      What do you folks think? Should I post the question...? I don't know if I have the nerve to ask the question outside of Samandaland... I'm not sure I can handle the responses from some of the 'meaner posters'... and I don't think I'll handle it well if a lot of folks seem to think that
                      Spoiler:
                      Tokrafying Sam
                      is a great idea (cuz they don't like her the way she is).

Hmmm... Astrog mentally paces...
                      you could 'try' posting the question, but the odds on him answering... i think you stand a better chance of winning the lotto , because NO spoilers for sam (or s/j ship) are being released. but what the heck, go ahead and try.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

At this point, I think they've already decided how they are bringing Sam back... What was it they said... they hadn't seen any fan posting or discussion that had guessed it correctly yet - and that they expect the fans to be 'blown away' when they the reason she comes back...?
                        that's how it was worded for sam's return?

sam's returning married to jack =

sam's returning as a tok'ra =

where did you hear/read this, astro?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          ya know, sam is sorta doomed no matter what she does

she doesn't have any weaknesses, then she's 'super sam' and totally unbelievable and made fun of for her lack of weaknesses

then she's given some. she's made human and falliable and she's bagged on for that

like dudes, cut her some slack.
                          other characters are always given the benefit of the doubt and their faults are looked upon as a sign of cuteness or an endearing quality. so let's do the same for sam
                          I received an email from Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter today. She apparently is not pleased that some feel she's not a strong character. In fact, she attached these pictures and ordered me to post this caption verbatim to make her point:

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: "Will the people who are saying I'm a weak and pathetic character, please take one step forward..."

Now, I tried to explain to the good Colonel that some might perceive her response as, well, less than cordial and perhaps even a smidge hostile...

...I'm afraid I cannot post her reply in mixed company...

Last edited by Uber; 19 April 2005, 04:09 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I've got a dumb question for you all...what's her middle name?

Comment

i do remember reading someone's con visit with something like that, but i don't remember it being attributed to sam's return.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I received an email from Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter today. She apparently is not pleased that some feel she's not a strong character. In fact, she attached these pictures and ordered me to post this caption verbatim to make her point:

Lt. Col. Samantha Carter: "Will the people who are saying I'm a weak and pathetic character, please take one step forward..."

Now, I tried to explain to the good Colonel that some might perceive her response as, well, less than cordial and perhaps even a smidge hostile...

...I'm afraid I cannot post her reply in mixed company...

Love the pics, Uber!!! Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X