Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    It occurs to me that we may be getting ourselves all upset over nothing. What do we really know? Not much: the names of a few possible guest stars in S9, who's joining the team, that Amanda probably won't be back until 907 (Olivia arrived late) and that RDA won't be a series regular. We also think that Arthurian legend will play a role in this season's developments.

That's all we really REALLY know. I've been a journalist for more than 20 years, and I know better than to deal in speculation, because it's usually WRONG. Beyond that, we're driving ourselves crazy with speculation on what might be, and I have a feeling TPTB are sitting around laughing at us because of it! It's their job to keep us guessing and upset, so we don't go out to dinner on season premiere night.

I'm just going to have to step back, take a deep breath and not worry about all these negative scenarios. As I said earlier today, July is 10 long, LONG weeks away, and we probably won't know nearly enough til then.
    So true. I think we get all "het up" because we're suffering new episode withdrawal.
    Last edited by jckfan55; 18 April 2005, 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      niiiiicccceeee pic
      so pretty
      Originally posted by Coley
      Yes, Yes OK I have to admit she looks great with longer hair in Forever's wonderful picture!!! Bu I still like it short!!
      Originally posted by Coley
      Brilliant stuff Forever!!!
      Originally posted by SamFan31
      Beautiful pic, Forever. I love the color tone you used...
      Originally posted by AmberMoon
      THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME! I'm like totally jealous!
      Originally posted by astrogeologist
      What a beautiful pic, Kat. It's a gorgeous shot of AT/Sam and I love the 'canvas effect' that makes it look like a painting.

Kat - you should make a webpage/gallery of your photocollages and other Sam pics. Their great!
      Thank you all for such wonderfully sweet comments. I can't express how much they mean to me.

As for the webpage... I've just begun to get the hang of this photo editing stuff. It may take me awhile before I figure out how to make a webpage, but maybe some day.

Thanks again,
      Kat

Comment

After scouring the web for more stories in which Sam gets whumped, I have located the following:

Just One of the Guys? by Wendy Gilliatt
        http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/77/justone.html

Orpheus Ascending by AC
        http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...ascending.html

Cost of Living by Doc
        http://www.frondfic.com/Surgery/cost.htm

Thicker Than Water by Adi and Sazmojo
        http://www.area52hkh.net/asa/adi/thicker.php
        (femslash)

Ancient Feelings by Melissa Adams and Amanda
        http://www.area52hkh.net/asm/madams/afeelings.php
        (femslash)

Character by shiny silver grl
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2344488/1/

Barrier by shiny silver grl
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2194281/1/

Deaths Spawn by Confushi Sushi (series, only first part listed)
        http://www.stargatefan.com/fictiondj/DeathsSpawn1.htm
        (over 18)

Legacy of the Xel’naga: The Becoming by Confushi Sushi (series, only first part listed)
        http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionkp...heBecoming.htm
        (over 18)

The Soul Stalkers by Revvie
        http://www.stargatestars.com/carterf...ry.php?sid=185

The Things We Demand from Love by Mei Mei
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1969310/1/

Still Waters by Valerie Kessler
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1994606/1/

And yes, there are still more to come!!!!
        Last edited by Strix varia; 18 April 2005, 06:35 PM.

My LJ

Comment

hey strix

i noticed that one of the recs was on area 52, which is a slash archive

Your lists are fantastic and i'm loving finding some fic i haven't read, but could you, and everyone else too, please note if any of the fic recc'd are slash or adult please?

Just as a curtesy to folks in general. We wouldn't want anyone surfing at work to accidentally go to a page that could get them in trouble
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hey strix

i noticed that one of the recs was on area 52, which is a slash archive

Your lists are fantastic and i'm loving finding some fic i haven't read, but could you, and everyone else too, please note if any of the fic recc'd are slash or adult please?

Just as a curtesy to folks in general. We wouldn't want anyone surfing at work to accidentally go to a page that could get them in trouble
            Okay. Sorry. I've gone back and edited. Anything rated "R" or "NC-17" is marked "over 18." Femslash stories are duly noted.

My LJ

Comment

Another good Sam fic that I don't think I've seen mentioned is "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve I've just been rereading it and it's got good physical and emotional Sam whumping, with some shippiness thrown in.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                Another good Sam fic that I don't think I've seen mentioned is "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve I've just been rereading it and it's got good physical and emotional Sam whumping, with some shippiness thrown in.

NC
                As far as ship stories go, its not too bad

Many thanks for the story links too Strix!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

NC

I have that printed off in my "Tome de Sally Reeve" I have about... 5 of her full fics in that.

I just realized that at the place I have been printing off all my multi-hundred-page fics, I actually have a printing "limit" for the year, which I have already succeeded... (Where 'year' starts in September) Yes, I found out this morning when I was trying to print off something I actually needed... The honcho gave me 100 more pages for my limit, but with firm "advice" on not wasting paper...

*Must keep secret of fan fic tomes a secret!*
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    OK, folks, I'm trying *really* hard to see the up-side of things... and trying *really* hard not to be cynical or depressed... but the more I hear of Season 9, the more I really think they are going to Tokrafy Sam. It's this feeling in the pit of my stomach along with all of the tidbit spoilers.

I don't want them to Tokrafy Sam because, in many ways, we would 'lose' our Sam... she would become 'Sam and TokraX'... at all times, TokraX is also present, not just our Sam.

And after a more than a season of shows that established 'insecure Sam' and did not establish Sam as a competent leader... where our Sam made mistakes and showed vulnerabilties and dealt with personal issues... I was hoping for Season 9 to tip the scales back the other way - back towards Sam's competence. But if there's a Tokra 'on-board', then it's as if our Sam wasn't enough... as if she couldn't handle it. I want to see *Sam* kick RepliCarter's ass... not 'Sam and TokraX'.

I'll also be pissed if they Tokrafy Sam because it will not give us the chance to just see Sam lead the troops. I want to see the woman lead competently and securely and have the confidence of her subordinates to work with. But if they Tokrafy Sam, then it's as if Sam, the female officer, wasn't enough. Men like Jack and Mitchell can lead....

OK... I am pretty down about this -- I need you folks to cheer me up -- tell me that I'm crazy and that I'm absolutely wrong - tell me that they are *not* going to Tokrafy Sam. Help! You did it once before, a few weeks ago, and I decided that I must be wrong... and I was much happier for awhile... but now my doubts are creeping back in and have taken seige.

I *so* want to see Sam dealing with the ramifications of Gemini and Jolinar's legacy.. and leading SG-1... and I so do *not* want to see her Tokrafied and turned into 'Sam and TokraX'. (And in my worst nightmares, the Tokra is Anise... shudder).

Help!
                    Dear Keeper of the Flame

It has come to my attention that you are experiencing angst over the forthcoming developments in Samanda this summer. You, the solid defender and stalwart keeper of all things truly Sam, are wobbling in your convictions and suppositions. All this, without having gone near the royal liquor cabinet ... which is more than I can say for some of those amongst us.

Let me try to analyze your dilemma and assuage your fears.

What's in a name? The proper noun Tok'ra seems to carry a particular negative connotation for you at the present time. In fact, you are now taking liberty with different, darest I say ...alien, forms of the noun itself ... growing it into a verb.

To Tok'rafy someone seems to imply the action of blending a Tok'ra symbiote with a Tau'ri host. Seen as a transitive verb, it does have a certain ominous ring to it: I tok'rafy, you tok'rafy, he, she, or it tok'rafies; we tok'rafy, you tok'rafy, they all tok'rafy. That is a massive amount of tok'rafication.

Alas, I can understand your fears for our beloved Queen. Would further tok'rafication produce less gratification and more frustration? This is a serious matter, indeed. Having been tok'rafied (but non-deified) previously, must she endure the same procedure over again and become a Tok'ra X or a Tok'ra XX? A dually certified, Tok'rafied, bonafide inhabitant of two different worlds?

I am beginning to share your need to pace and ponder ... our Queen, our beloved Queen, thrust from the universe of Samanda into the diverse realms of Tok'raland and Tau'riland. How would her fellow teammates view her in her dual role? Would she have so much on her mind, literally, that she would become either tongue-tied or bilingual? And how would she best express herself, her true Self - the Samandan Queen we have all learned to know and love? She would be beside herself! Oh cruel day! This must not be allowed to happen!

Rather than comforting you in your doubts, I have now worked myself into a feverous pitch of anxiety also. Perhaps a royal petition is in order. I hereby summon the Royal Court to meet immediately and send out a pronouncement, near and far, that our revered Queen be allowed to maintain sole occupation of her body. Princess Olivia alone should be the only one afforded dual citizenship!

Tok'ra begone ... no dibs on our fair Queen! Leave her alone! If you're looking for recycled material, consider Valla!

I must now retire to my lyre and liquor ... er, wicker ... my wicker chair in my study to meditate upon this dastardly possibility. You may join me if you wish.

Your loyal and concerned servant,

Jester
                    ROTFLMAO Jester! You have such great wit with the written word!

I can't rep you right now, so I'll send along some blue jello

Comment

OK... so I have this (unhappy) idea of what they might do to Sam for Season 9...
                      Spoiler:
                      Tokrafy her
                      ... but many of you have swayed me from feeling quite so certain about my hunch...

And then my overimaginative brain came up with another idea... one that I actually like.. and it's seeds are in things posted by folks here earlier on this thread... posts by MajorSal (who was joking, I thnk, but I really, really like the idea), and Skydiver and others... posts about a *major concussion*... then stir in Gateworld's review of Gemini, where the reviewer begged for the Sam-of-old to be returned to the viewers... Stir in some thread comments about Grace... and a few from New Order... stir in a Gateworld spoiler about possible Season 9 episode titles...
                      Spoiler:
                      and one in particular called Clone/Not A Clone or some such... and this idea coalesced: What if we haven't had *our* Sam for awhile? What if we have a 'copy' of some sort? A copy... but not a simple clone... And this copy doesn't know that she's a copy? And our original Sam is... where? Back with the 'cloud' aliens? Maybe they were impressed by how she figured out how to get the Prometheus out of there and was willing to save the hostile aliens. Or maybe it was when Fifth had her... maybe he made some kind of 'copy' that, for all intensive purposes is Sam... just not. And he made himself a Replicarter... So where is the original Sam now? Or maybe it happened as far back as Niirti's experiments... maybe that wasn't *our* Sam who was brought back to the cell to get soggy?

So... the more I thought about these possibilities, the more that I liked them... all sorts of great scifi could come out of these potential storylines. Our original Sam could show up, dressed like a spacecowboy, perhaps, after having had to make her way across the galaxy on her own. Or they could somehow find out about her and go and rescue her.

And then what of the copy? Who *is* Sam genetically... same DNA... just a few minor 'differences' in brain patterns or some such... very, very close to our Sam, just *not* quite. The two would get to talk... and the copy would tell our Sam about Pete... and Gemini... and Jacob... and anything else big that happened since the original was out of the loop.

And who would get 'Sam's life'?

And, oh, the cool ship ramifications with Jack! He'd have *two* Sam's! Didn't he say 'if only' in Gemini?

So then... the copy would stalwartly leave the original to her life, and Jack, and the copy would go off with the Asgard to explore the universe.

The original would have to quickly get up to speed with a changing relationship with Jack... oh, that could be so much fun to read or watch!

And I can picture her at the grocery store or some such and she sees Pete... and he catches her interest... but Jack scowls and diverts her attention away!

I like this idea *so* much more than Tokrafying Sam... With 'the copy' idea, we'd have two Sam's! Hmmm... the copy could be Tokrafied... I'd be OK with that... as long as the 'original Sam' was still just our Jolinar'ed brilliant Sam.

And because it's scifi, I think this would be a really cool way to deal with how a lot of folks feel about the way that Sam's character has been handled over the past couple of seasons. So much better than the Dallas 'dream' (which I never saw, but have heard a lot about).

Ermph...! So what do you folks think of my wild musings?
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 18 April 2005, 08:52 PM.

Comment

And on the lighter side, here's another of my favorite Sam pics

She just looks beautiful!

And I like the hair! It's not sticking straight out... I think this is the only version of the 'sticking in all directions' style that I like... probably because it's not 'sticking out' or straight up.

Comment

OK... so I have this (unhappy) idea of what they might do to Sam for Season 9...
                          Spoiler:
                          Tokrafy her
                          ... but many of you have swayed me from feeling quite so certain about my hunch...

And then my overimaginative brain came up with another idea... one that I actually like.. and it's seeds are in things posted by folks here earlier on this thread... posts by MajorSal (who was joking, I thnk, but I really, really like the idea), and Skydiver and others... posts about a *major concussion*... then stir in Gateworld's review of Gemini, where the reviewer begged for the Sam-of-old to be returned to the viewers... Stir in some thread comments about Grace... and a few from New Order... stir in a Gateworld spoiler about possible Season 9 episode titles...
                          Spoiler:
                          and one in particular called Clone/Not A Clone or some such... and this idea coalesced: What if we haven't had *our* Sam for awhile? What if we have a 'copy' of some sort? A copy... but not a simple clone... And this copy doesn't know that she's a copy? And our original Sam is... where? Back with the 'cloud' aliens? Maybe they were impressed by how she figured out how to get the Prometheus out of there and was willing to save the hostile aliens. Or maybe it was when Fifth had her... maybe he made some kind of 'copy' that, for all intensive purposes is Sam... just not. And he made himself a Replicarter... So where is the original Sam now? Or maybe it happened as far back as Niirti's experiments... maybe that wasn't *our* Sam who was brought back to the cell to get soggy?

So... the more I thought about these possibilities, the more that I liked them... all sorts of great scifi could come out of these potential storylines. Our original Sam could show up, dressed like a spacecowboy, perhaps, after having had to make her way across the galaxy on her own. Or they could somehow find out about her and go and rescue her.

And then what of the copy? Who *is* Sam genetically... same DNA... just a few minor 'differences' in brain patterns or some such... very, very close to our Sam, just *not* quite. The two would get to talk... and the copy would tell our Sam about Pete... and Gemini... and Jacob... and anything else big that happened since the original was out of the loop.

And who would get 'Sam's life'?

And, oh, the cool ship ramifications with Jack! He'd have *two* Sam's! Didn't he say 'if only' in Gemini?

So then... the copy would stalwartly leave the original to her life, and Jack, and the copy would go off with the Asgard to explore the universe.

The original would have to quickly get up to speed with a changing relationship with Jack... oh, that could be so much fun to read or watch!

And I can picture her at the grocery store or some such and she sees Pete... and he catches her interest... but Jack scowls and diverts her attention away!

I like this idea *so* much more than Tokrafying Sam... With 'the copy' idea, we'd have two Sam's! Hmmm... the copy could be Tokrafied... I'd be OK with that... as long as the 'original Sam' was still just our Jolinar'ed brilliant Sam.

And because it's scifi, I think this would be a really cool way to deal with how a lot of folks feel about the way that Sam's character has been handled over the past couple of seasons. So much better than the Dallas 'dream' (which I never saw, but have heard a lot about).

Ermph...! So what do you folks think of my wild musings?

Spoiler:

I think that would be a nice way to erase all the bad issues the writers of the show have added to Sam's life over the past year, but the bad thing about all that is that Sam would have lost a year of her life. She would suddenly have to deal with not only losing her father but finding out that her best friend (Janet) is dead as well.

I don't think shippers would be very happy with the whole S/J thing either...it would be too much like an AU ending. If RDA could be around a bit more, I could see where the storyline could have a cool direction but I guess more than anything I have to think that living your life and making mistakes along the way has got to be better than one day waking up and finding out that everything in your life has gone on without you. Sam has had so many wonderful moments with Jacob since Grace of last year it would be terrible to think they were all for naught.

I guess this idea is really hard for me, because there are some things that have happened that I truly wish would simply disappear, but there were some truly wonderful moments that would be disheartening if they never truly happened.

Not sure if any of that makes sense,
                          Kat

Comment

And on the lighter side, here's another of my favorite Sam pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...amcoolhair.jpg
                            She just looks beautiful!

And I like the hair! It's not sticking straight out... I think this is the only version of the 'sticking in all directions' style that I like... probably because it's not 'sticking out' or straight up.
                            I have to agree with you. I really loved Sam's look in this episode.
                            The make-up, hair and clothes people really did a fabulous job.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                              I have that printed off in my "Tome de Sally Reeve" I have about... 5 of her full fics in that.

I just realized that at the place I have been printing off all my multi-hundred-page fics, I actually have a printing "limit" for the year, which I have already succeeded... (Where 'year' starts in September) Yes, I found out this morning when I was trying to print off something I actually needed... The honcho gave me 100 more pages for my limit, but with firm "advice" on not wasting paper...

*Must keep secret of fan fic tomes a secret!*

D'oh!! Btw, the strange rep comment about printing is from me!! Forgot to leave my name. Duh!

Kat

Comment

spoilers for s8's moebius one and two

Originally posted by tara3583
                                For me best Sam moment from all 8 seasons has to be Moebius 1&2
                                Amanda was fantastic in this, we still saw science Sam but it was geeky Sam that had me laughing so much.
                                All those little quirks that Amanda added was a
                                joy to watch add that to the fact that you could just see that Amanda was having fun with this, lol it was just pouring out of her!
                                Also while watching her i noticed that tptb were not hiding her pregnancy and i just thought it made her look really cute and just added to the total enjoyment of that episode.
                                One (of many) of my fave things Amanda did with GeekySam was how she'd hold the bottom of her sleeves with her hands. It looked vulnerable and a kind of nervous tick... it just showed how much thought and work Amanda put into it.

I want to see a pic of Amanda with Olivia!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X