No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like to add my thanks for all of you for making this thread a fun place to be, also i have to confess to you all that because i post
    using a tv digi-box i can only view about 5 photo's before my tv has a fit and i have to wait untill it resets it self, then i go back to the thread and start on the next ones!
    So i hope that makes me a good Samandan

Keep those pics coming!
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Evening all - Just wanted to drop in for a few minutes before I head off to bed. Rainbow Francks just left the hotel (he was at the GW dinner tonight and then came over to the hotel and hung out for awhile). At the GW dinner tonight they had a drawing for somethings that Creation donated alog with hats & shirts from Atlantis that Martin Geo gave David & Darren - They had enough items for everyone to get something - well my number was the last draw and I got an Atlantis Hat & an autographed Amanda Tapping Photo

Dan Shea said today that Amanda had been on the set this last week with Olivia.

Well the bus for the set tour leaves at 8:00 in the morning so I had better head off to bed and get some sleep.
      Great to hear about AT and her baby! Also glad to hear that she's visited the set

Comment

Evening all - Just wanted to drop in for a few minutes before I head off to bed. Rainbow Francks just left the hotel (he was at the GW dinner tonight and then came over to the hotel and hung out for awhile). At the GW dinner tonight they had a drawing for somethings that Creation donated alog with hats & shirts from Atlantis that Martin Geo gave David & Darren - They had enough items for everyone to get something - well my number was the last draw and I got an Atlantis Hat & an autographed Amanda Tapping Photo

Dan Shea said today that Amanda had been on the set this last week with Olivia.

Well the bus for the set tour leaves at 8:00 in the morning so I had better head off to bed and get some sleep.

he DID COME BACK TO THE HOTEL!?!??! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! I KNEW it!!! How long after I left did he come??? Did you get the chance to give him my message!? *kills circumstances that forced me to leave*

See, me and him were going to bust into the last part of the Caberet together... (I didn't have a pass, and he wasn't supossed to be there, but it's not like they're going to refuse HIM!) and we were going to meet at the hotel... but then right at the time he was supossed to be there, I had to leave...

Thanks for the info about Amanda I'm sure all the cast and crew just melted... awww

I'm wearing my signed hat right now <g> I'm very pleased to say that, when Rainbow arrived, he came and sat right beside me for the night I definately picked the right seat!!! *loves Rainbow*

Had some awesome discussions with Bruce about some upcoming Atlantis stuff in Siege pt 3. He emphasised the Deadelus!

Spoiler:
        So Siege one and two, they were fighting so hard because they knew help was coming. well, when help comes, it comes in styyyyyle. (very BIG style, as in BIIIG ship) Apparantly we're going to be completely blown away. He also emphasised how there's going to be shots of the Deadelus and Atlantis together, showing sizes and stuff. We're definately going to finally see how big Atlantis actually is. He says it's really hard because it's only for TV screens, rite, but we're actually going to see now that its a massive entire CITY.

and re season 9

Spoiler:
        We're going to be floored. He says a lot of us suspect we all know what's goin on, but apparantly we're not so smart as we think...hm...that could mean a lot of things...

well, here's two pics of mine! Oh, yeah, the other special guest was Martin Gero, yeah, writer man.

Oh, yeah, Courteny J Stevens showed up right as everyone was leaving back to the hotel, lol, I stayed around for some pics though of course. *loves Courteny too*
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          he DID COME BACK TO THE HOTEL!?!??! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! I KNEW it!!! How long after I left did he come??? Did you get the chance to give him my message!? *kills circumstances that forced me to leave*

Rainbow showed up about 30 mins. after you left the Hotel -

We just got back from the set tour which was lead by N. John Smith and Martin Gero - We were able to see a couple of the new sets for S9 & S2. WOW is all I can say - the Iris was closed on the SG-1 Stargate but on the Atlantis set we walked through the Gate - They even lite up the Chevrons on the Atlantis Gate. They have built a new Middle Evil Village that is amazing and we wer able to walk through that whole set - Sat in the Puddle Jumper and saw the X302

Well I'm off to lunch before - the productors panel - I'll post a better report and pictures when I get back to CA
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            5000 posts!!!!!!

Wow, Freaking Wow!
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...heGateATV2.jpg
            Yeeeeehaaaw!
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...AvengerYES.jpg
            Yes! (with decisive arm pump)
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eGateHappy.jpg
            This thread is such a fun, friendly and comfortable place to be!

Congratulations Agent Dark

for making the 5000th post!

*Special* Royal Blue Jello - and a round for everyone!

ROFL!! I just love the pics you chose Astro!! The first one always makes me think 'SuperStar'.

Comment

See, me and him were going to bust into the last part of the Caberet together... (I didn't have a pass, and he wasn't supossed to be there, but it's not like they're going to refuse HIM!) and we were going to meet at the hotel... but then right at the time he was supossed to be there, I had to leave...

Thanks for the info about Amanda I'm sure all the cast and crew just melted... awww

I'm wearing my signed hat right now <g> I'm very pleased to say that, when Rainbow arrived, he came and sat right beside me for the night I definately picked the right seat!!! *loves Rainbow*

Had some awesome discussions with Bruce about some upcoming Atlantis stuff in Siege pt 3. He emphasised the Deadelus!

Spoiler:
              So Siege one and two, they were fighting so hard because they knew help was coming. well, when help comes, it comes in styyyyyle. (very BIG style, as in BIIIG ship) Apparantly we're going to be completely blown away. He also emphasised how there's going to be shots of the Deadelus and Atlantis together, showing sizes and stuff. We're definately going to finally see how big Atlantis actually is. He says it's really hard because it's only for TV screens, rite, but we're actually going to see now that its a massive entire CITY.

and re season 9

Spoiler:
              We're going to be floored. He says a lot of us suspect we all know what's goin on, but apparantly we're not so smart as we think...hm...that could mean a lot of things...

well, here's two pics of mine! Oh, yeah, the other special guest was Martin Gero, yeah, writer man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/ME.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/MajorSam/ME3.jpg

Oh, yeah, Courteny J Stevens showed up right as everyone was leaving back to the hotel, lol, I stayed around for some pics though of course. *loves Courteny too*
              Rainbow showed up about 30 mins. after you left the Hotel -

We just got back from the set tour which was lead by N. John Smith and Martin Gero - We were able to see a couple of the new sets for S9 & S2. WOW is all I can say - the Iris was closed on the SG-1 Stargate but on the Atlantis set we walked through the Gate - They even lite up the Chevrons on the Atlantis Gate. They have built a new Middle Evil Village that is amazing and we wer able to walk through that whole set - Sat in the Puddle Jumper and saw the X302

Well I'm off to lunch before - the productors panel - I'll post a better report and pictures when I get back to CA
              Thank you MajorSam and Tsaxlady for your posts about the convention. It was really sweet of both of you to think of all of us who couldn't attend!!
              Can wait to hear more about your exciting time and all the spoilers you picked up while there!

Comment

Spoiler:

and re season 9

Spoiler:

Hmm...MajorSam...

Something went horrifically wrong with the pictures you've posted. It seems that during the time the pictures were uploaded to your server and then posted on this thread, the pictures of you have become blurred and some odd scribblings additionally obscure your face.

You may need to talk to your hosting company about such a serious and yet VERY SELECTIVE problem with the pictures you post...because apparently only your image has been altered....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Hmm...MajorSam...

Something went horrifically wrong with the pictures you've posted. It seems that during the time the pictures were uploaded to your server and then posted on this thread, the pictures of you have become blurred and some odd scribblings additionally obscure your face.

You may need to talk to your hosting company about such a serious and yet VERY SELECTIVE problem with the pictures you post...because apparently only your image has been altered....

Yeah... the orangerator virus appears to still be on MajorSam's computer...

Comment

OK, folks, I'm trying *really* hard to see the up-side of things... and trying *really* hard not to be cynical or depressed... but the more I hear of Season 9, the more I really think they are going to Tokrafy Sam. It's this feeling in the pit of my stomach along with all of the tidbit spoilers.

I don't want them to Tokrafy Sam because, in many ways, we would 'lose' our Sam... she would become 'Sam and TokraX'... at all times, TokraX is also present, not just our Sam.

And after a more than a season of shows that established 'insecure Sam' and did not establish Sam as a competent leader... where our Sam made mistakes and showed vulnerabilties and dealt with personal issues... I was hoping for Season 9 to tip the scales back the other way - back towards Sam's competence. But if there's a Tokra 'on-board', then it's as if our Sam wasn't enough... as if she couldn't handle it. I want to see *Sam* kick RepliCarter's ass... not 'Sam and TokraX'.

I'll also be pissed if they Tokrafy Sam because it will not give us the chance to just see Sam lead the troops. I want to see the woman lead competently and securely and have the confidence of her subordinates to work with. But if they Tokrafy Sam, then it's as if Sam, the female officer, wasn't enough. Men like Jack and Mitchell can lead....

OK... I am pretty down about this -- I need you folks to cheer me up -- tell me that I'm crazy and that I'm absolutely wrong - tell me that they are *not* going to Tokrafy Sam. Help! You did it once before, a few weeks ago, and I decided that I must be wrong... and I was much happier for awhile... but now my doubts are creeping back in and have taken seige.

I *so* want to see Sam dealing with the ramifications of Gemini and Jolinar's legacy.. and leading SG-1... and I so do *not* want to see her Tokrafied and turned into 'Sam and TokraX'. (And in my worst nightmares, the Tokra is Anise... shudder).

Help!

Comment

OK, folks, I'm trying *really* hard to see the up-side of things... and trying *really* hard not to be cynical or depressed... but the more I hear of Season 9, the more I really think they are going to Tokrafy Sam. It's this feeling in the pit of my stomach along with all of the tidbit spoilers.

I don't want them to Tokrafy Sam because, in many ways, we would 'lose' our Sam... she would become 'Sam and TokraX'... at all times, TokraX is also present, not just our Sam.

And after a more than a season of shows that established 'insecure Sam' and did not establish Sam as a competent leader... where our Sam made mistakes and showed vulnerabilties and dealt with personal issues... I was hoping for Season 9 to tip the scales back the other way - back towards Sam's competence. But if there's a Tokra 'on-board', then it's as if our Sam wasn't enough... as if she couldn't handle it. I want to see *Sam* kick RepliCarter's ass... not 'Sam and TokraX'.

I'll also be pissed if they Tokrafy Sam because it will not give us the chance to just see Sam lead the troops. I want to see the woman lead competently and securely and have the confidence of her subordinates to work with. But if they Tokrafy Sam, then it's as if Sam, the female officer, wasn't enough. Men like Jack and Mitchell can lead....

OK... I am pretty down about this -- I need you folks to cheer me up -- tell me that I'm crazy and that I'm absolutely wrong - tell me that they are *not* going to Tokrafy Sam. Help! You did it once before, a few weeks ago, and I decided that I must be wrong... and I was much happier for awhile... but now my doubts are creeping back in and have taken seige.

I *so* want to see Sam dealing with the ramifications of Gemini and Jolinar's legacy.. and leading SG-1... and I so do *not* want to see her Tokrafied and turned into 'Sam and TokraX'. (And in my worst nightmares, the Tokra is Anise... shudder).

Help!
                      I was always upset that Jolinar died so quickly...

I thought it was cool for Sam to have that influence on her, and I dare say that it IMHO really changed her...she had more depth.

That being said, I don't really want her to have a Tok'ra symbiote full time now. If they were going to do that, Jolinar would have been the time.

Besides, she doesn't need a symbiote...she can use Goa'uld technology already. And she certainly doesn't need it for further character development...SHE'S GREAT JUST AS SHE IS!!!

Plus, there's the whole shippy angle, which I care about, although others might not. Blending her with yet another symbiote would change her and would affect her feelings for just about everything and everyone (including Jack); and more than likely the affect would be negative...

...btw, I haven't read anything that would give me the impression they are going that way...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I agree Uber. I see no reason for them to Tok'ra Sam. As you mentioned, it would also change the shippy aspect of the show (which I like), and I don't think they would change that after what we saw in Threads.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I agree Uber. I see no reason for them to Tok'ra Sam. As you mentioned, it would also change the shippy aspect of the show (which I like), and I don't think they would change that after what we saw in Threads.
                          Not unless they want a bunch of militant penguins pounding on their door! (sorry to everyone...inside shipper joke)

Really though, Jolinar was the chance to have Sam be even more extra special by carrying a symbiote. She has retained the ability to use Goa'uld technology, she retains some of Jolinar's memories. She gained more depth as a character due to the experience and I think that's enough!

Comment

Help!
                            I'm really confused. Have there been spoilers to suggest this happening?? I just can't imagine why they would do this to Sam. I mean put her in a situation so near death that she would have to take a symbiote especially when they didn't do it at the end of eight.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Hmm...MajorSam...

*Cough* maybe MajorSam should use GateWorld to host her pics...Then she wouldnt have any problems with 'Selective Bluring'....
                              http://www.gateworld.net/~david/graphics/family_photo2.jpg

Comment

Help!
                                I actually like the idea of Sam with a Tokra in her head, but I agree with you here - It'll take season9 away from just being Sam.
                                Maybe if ITLOD had been a two parter...

I've read two fanfic pieces with Tokrafied Sam, one where Jolinar escaped through the gate in ITLOD, and one of Skydiver's fics (which btw I've got a bone to pick with - how could you put the conclusion to that trilogy in a zine!!!! ) and I enjoyed both. But I don't think it would work that well during season9.
                                And AstroG, I really doubt that they are going to Tokrafy Sam. The Tokra have been pretty much swept under the table for the past two seasons and I can't see them suddenly bringing them back like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X