Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

I know a lot of people didn't really care for Jonas, but his over-the-top giddiness helped to balance the darkness that seemed to envelop the other members of the team. He became an annoying bright spot for me. It was harder at the time to really enjoy him( maybe because I was still feeling the loss of Daniel ) but now I go back and watch episodes and really enjoy his presense on the screen. I also really liked how the writers really showed a bonding between Teal'c and Jonas as well as with Sam and Jonas.
    i liked jonas a lot. and to be honest, i thought jonas was the best thing to ever happen to teal'c. i also think that season six was the last great season the show had. this was before the writers had to work around rda's schedule, so we got some well written and WELL THOUGHT OUT stories.

side note: i just read through this and see it's totally off-topic. please forgive.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Here's a couple of pics of our heroine... just for fun

...hmmm... well, no matter how long it takes for her to get back to us, I am confident that she will...
      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Silly fools whoever it was driving past and not stopping - How could you NOT pick up Sam Carter on the side of the road
      I have to agree with that!
      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Hmm. I don't know anything about what's coming up next season...whether she is out of town or in the next galaxy...But I'm thinkin' that if she for some reason were, say in the Pegasus galaxy or wherever, it's going to take longer than five episodes for her to get home if she's hitchhiking...
      Unless of course, she's hitchhiking with Thor
      And if she's hitchhiking across the cosmos with some other aliens, then she may just have to convince them to let her tinker with their engines... soup them up a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i liked jonas a lot. and to be honest, i thought jonas was the best thing to ever happen to teal'c. i also think that season six was the last great season the show had. this was before the writers had to work around rda's schedule, so we got some well written and WELL THOUGHT OUT stories.

side note: i just read through this and see it's totally off-topic. please forgive.

sally
        I think it would have been great to have had Jonas stay on after Daniel came back. Jonas could have transferred to one of the other SG teams or some such...?

Comment

Hey, majorsal just something I noticed...
          You should go back and edit the original post in this thread and change the post Icon to the Sam one, instead of that notebook one

Comment

5000 posts!!!!!!
            Wow, Freaking Wow!

Yeeeeehaaaw!

Yes! (with decisive arm pump)

This thread is such a fun, friendly and comfortable place to be!

Congratulations Agent Dark
            for making the 5000th post!

*Special* Royal Blue Jello - and a round for everyone!
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 April 2005, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Haha lol, it was too.

I'd like to thank our Wondourous Queen, for without her there would be no thread.
              Our Madame Vice President, for getting the thread started.
              And everyone who has posted in this thread for making such a great place to be

Agent Dark (happily consuming blue jello)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                To be honest i'm a bit worried about Season 9, i have never felt this way before, and its not because of Jack, although i will miss him.
                I'm worried about Sam and how Cameron Mitchell (Browders character) will affect her place on the show. Mitchell could end up being great for the show, just like Jonas was in my opinion (i miss him too!!). It all depends on whether or not Sam is in command. If the command is taken away from her i will be angry, even if they came up with a good reason for it, The fact would still be that the Writers/TPTB came up with a story to knock her back down and place Mitchell in charge. I dont care if the story they might come up with would look like a promotion or something else really good, the fact would still be that it happend. Now i hold out hope it won't happen and she still will be in charge. Its not that i have lost faith in the people that make Stargate, SG1 is my favourite show and Season 8 is my favourite Season but i am still worried.
                Does anybody share the same concerns/feelings with me?

yes.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  I have the same concern about the leadership of the team in S9. Sam never minded being second in command to Jack. He's her hero, and she knows he respects her intellect and hard work as much as she appreciates his bravery and courage. But I agree with you that if TPTB don't let her lead the team, it'll be a slap.

Unfortunately, unless some really good spoilers slip out of the Con, we may just have to bite our nails until July!
                  i like the way you said that.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey, majorsal just something I noticed...
                    You should go back and edit the original post in this thread and change the post Icon to the Sam one, instead of that notebook one
                    i just went back and changed it in my original post, but i can't seem to get it to change on the 'characters and relationships' main page (it's still the notebook there). hmm and darn.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i just went back and changed it in my original post, but i can't seem to get it to change on the 'characters and relationships' main page (it's still the notebook there). hmm and darn.

sally
                      Damm, oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                        5000 posts!!!!!!
                        Wow, Freaking Wow!
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...heGateATV2.jpg
                        Yeeeeehaaaw!
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...AvengerYES.jpg
                        Yes! (with decisive arm pump)
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eGateHappy.jpg
                        This thread is such a fun, friendly and comfortable place to be!

Congratulations Agent Dark
                        for making the 5000th post!

*Special* Royal Blue Jello - and a round for everyone!
                        I think I just heard someone say... INDEED, loyal citizens of Samanda.

Comment

Evening all - Just wanted to drop in for a few minutes before I head off to bed. Rainbow Francks just left the hotel (he was at the GW dinner tonight and then came over to the hotel and hung out for awhile). At the GW dinner tonight they had a drawing for somethings that Creation donated alog with hats & shirts from Atlantis that Martin Geo gave David & Darren - They had enough items for everyone to get something - well my number was the last draw and I got an Atlantis Hat & an autographed Amanda Tapping Photo

Dan Shea said today that Amanda had been on the set this last week with Olivia.

Well the bus for the set tour leaves at 8:00 in the morning so I had better head off to bed and get some sleep.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Evening all - Just wanted to drop in for a few minutes before I head off to bed. Rainbow Francks just left the hotel (he was at the GW dinner tonight and then came over to the hotel and hung out for awhile). At the GW dinner tonight they had a drawing for somethings that Creation donated alog with hats & shirts from Atlantis that Martin Geo gave David & Darren - They had enough items for everyone to get something - well my number was the last draw and I got an Atlantis Hat & an autographed Amanda Tapping Photo

Well the bus for the set tour leaves at 8:00 in the morning so I had better head off to bed and get some sleep.
                            Woohoo! Thanks for the update, sounds like its gonna be a great day

Comment

Congrats on the signed pic! Way cool.
                              Man, I'd love to see what she looks like! I hope AT posts a picture or two of her little girl...and it's great she's already visiting the set...from a completely selfish perspective of course. Too tough to stay away, I guess! Now if RDA can make similar arrangements maybe we'll see more of him than we think in Season 9 (wait, did I say that aloud?)
                              Whoa! Go...sleep...now! We don't want you to be all bleary eyed for the convention!

P.S. Take lots of notes and pictures...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

sally
                                actually, the writers did work around rda's schedule. but it was, imho, done in a better way than it has been lately.

if you'll notice, there really was no stand out sam eps, that's because she was carrying a lot of the show in rda's stead (got it back ontopic)

so, in that way it's kinda bad, however, i do agree with you. when i watch my s6 dvd's, there's only a couple that i fast forward through asopposed to s7 where i'll buy a whole dvd to get the one 'good' episode and ignore the other 3 stinkers
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X