Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    We're all speculating about season 9, but I think Sam can speak for herself.

Next year
    Woohoo, NC! Great, wonderful - and perfect! Good pic and perfect audio - and I loved that line when she said it in Space Race... also would have loved to have heard something the next year... something along the lines of how she and Warrick *kicked butt*!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Emotional - and physical trauma - and good dramatic stories will be wonderful... what I'm hoping for is that that they don't create *more* emotional crises for Sam when they already have so many wonderful things to work with. I'd like to see some storylines which take previous stuff *further* and/or deal with some of the ramifications (and/or possibilties) - like with Jolinar's legacy, or with RepliCarter, her father's and Janet's death, her relationship with Cassie, and things like that. There's great potential for huge drama and deep angst and emotional struggle. Now, when it comes to *team* action, new crises and new problems will be great.
      Please please please PLEASE no more deaths though...

I'm still reeling from season 7 and 8 ... I'm not sure how much more
      my poor little heart can take from losing anymore people I've grown
      attached to. Emotional trauma is all good but deaths aren't. If I want
      to be depressed I'll just turn off my television and deal with RL for
      awhile...

*Sits in the dark, whispering to herself...no more deaths...no more...*

Comment

Abit OT here ForeverSg1... But why is Jack wearing a red shirt in your sig??? You know that 'red shirts' are always the first to die right...?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Abit OT here ForeverSg1... But why is Jack wearing a red shirt in your sig??? You know that 'red shirts' are always the first to die right...?

LOL! Only in the Star Trek Universe!

NC

Comment

Speculating about next season again, one of the things I like best about SG1 is the humor, and whether Sam is in command or not, I’ve got a sad feeling that Cam will be getting most of the funny, snarky, sarcastic type of lines that Jack delivered in the past. From the interviews I’ve read, Ben Browder is a funny guy, and I think TPTB will take advantage of that, but I really wish that they would let AT show off her comic talents more. For the purposes of the show, Sam’s been the one who has the thankless task of explaining the science in the science fiction, and because of that, she can seem dead serious or deadly dull. AT is great at doing the explanations, but the last couple of seasons, it seemed like they were letting her out of the box a little more, giving her some more of the "fun" lines, probably because of RDA's reduced schedule. But with BB full time and if Sam is still going to be the “Science Guy” of the SGC, I don’t see them showcasing her wit as much. Come to think of it, there could be some gender bias as well. On Atlantis, the women are pretty serious most of the time too, while McKay and Sheppard get to act out.

NC

Comment

Speculating about next season again, one of the things I like best about SG1 is the humor, and whether Sam is in command or not, I’ve got a sad feeling that Cam will be getting most of the funny, snarky, sarcastic type of lines that Jack delivered in the past. From the interviews I’ve read, Ben Browder is a funny guy, and I think TPTB will take advantage of that, but I really wish that they would let AT show off her comic talents more. For the purposes of the show, Sam’s been the one who has the thankless task of explaining the science in the science fiction, and because of that, she can seem dead serious or deadly dull. AT is great at doing the explanations, but the last couple of seasons, it seemed like they were letting her out of the box a little more, giving her some more of the "fun" lines, probably because of RDA's reduced schedule. But with BB full time and if Sam is still going to be the “Science Guy” of the SGC, I don’t see them showcasing her wit as much. Come to think of it, there could be some gender bias as well. On Atlantis, the women are pretty serious most of the time too, while McKay and Sheppard get to act out.

NC
              Ooooh, I hadn't thought of that... and I have to agree with you - I like Sam with some wit and humor... I also like Sam 'a bit looser' and not in a 'serious straightjacket'. I too, hope that they don't lock Sam inside a shell.

Comment

Hey! I get GRACE tonight and tomorrow! The two stations that air the syndicated SG-1 eps are both showing GRACE...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Like Jack needs any help getting whumped. I don't think the color of his shirt will make any difference. The man is a magnet for trouble. I was just tired of seeing him in a black and what can I say...he looks hot in red.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of our heroine... just for fun

...hmmm... well, no matter how long it takes for her to get back to us, I am confident that she will...
                    ...even if it takes solar flares and slingshotting around the sun!
                    Photos from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

...hmmm... well, no matter how long it takes for her to get back to us, I am confident that she will...
                      Silly fools however it was driving past and not stopping - How could you NOT pick up Sam Carter on the side of the road

Comment

Hmm. I don't know anything about what's coming up next season...whether she is out of town or in the next galaxy...

But I'm thinkin' that if she for some reason were, say in the Pegasus galaxy or wherever, it's going to take longer than five episodes for her to get home if she's hitchhiking...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          But I'm thinkin' that if she for some reason were, say in the Pegasus galaxy or wherever, it's going to take longer than five episodes for her to get home if she's hitchhiking...

Unless of course, she's hitchhiking with Thor

Comment

It may have been a small bone(and I'm cringing even as I write that ), but somehow it just gave me a warm feeling reading the words "Lt. Colonel Carter has returned to Stargate Command."

NC
                            i don't know what to think of the ep yet, but just knowing SAM'S RETURNING is gggggrrrreeeaaaaat!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              yeah, poor amanda

I attribute it to BTS, and thinking that maybe she got something in her hair on that planet and had someone really whack her hair

I really shouldn't criticize because, at the end of the day, it's not on my head, it's on hers, but the really short hair sorta made her look rather fragile

personally, i like it longer and actually liked the early s4 doo and how it has been in the past couple of seasons, growing out a bit
                              i liked that hair cut.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Unless of course, she's hitchhiking with Thor
                                Okay.

There's that.

Comment

Working...
                                X